Other Fans:

Honeywell Floor Box Fan

Pros

Cons

Perfect fan!

This is a small fan but works wonders. What I love most is how it circulates the air not just in 1 position. It can blow on yoru whole family instead of one person hogging the fan. It is very lightweight and easy to move from one room to another. It lasts years. Even your children can carry the fan. It is small but mighty. It cools teh whole room off very fast and doesn't take that much power either.If you want a fan that you can move from room to room to room and be able to even take with you to your vacation home this is the perfect fan because it is so portable easy to carry and very very light weight. It uses less poert then a big fan but it feels as powerful and cool air as a big fan. I love this FAN!

Honeywell HWLHF810 Floor Fan is just so-so

We purchased a two pack of the Honeywell HWLHF810 Floor Fan for our home last summer. My husband can't seem to sleep without some kind of background noise going on. We were replacing a huge box fan that just didn't do our bedroom decor justice. I loved the fact that this fan is small and sleek looking. It made noise when it was running, but not so much noise that it kept me up like our last fan did. We put one fan in our room and the other fan in my son't room. Within two months, our fan was screetching like a bird in serious pain. My husband slept through it every night, but I was not sleeping. (I wish I had realized he had this problem before we got married.... lol) The fan would run quietly at first, but after a couple of hours would start making this awful noise. I'd get up and turn it off, my husband would eventually wake up and turn it on again and soon we would be screetching again. On the flip side, the fan in my son's room is working fine. It is not on every night like ours was. It is only turned on when my husband remembers to do it. He is trying to develop the same problem in our son that he has. I recommend that if you are using this fan as "white" noise to get a different fan, or move to the zoo.

Way up high or way down low.

Comments about Honeywell Floor Box Fan:

For the most part, I've used fans that have a stand with them, but once my kids were walking, I couldn't risk them knocking one of them down. That's why I love the Honeywall floor fan. It is adjustable so I can place it high up and point it down so my kids catch some of the breeze. The design is great and the fan is actually pretty strong. It is easy to use with an adjustable setting, and is fairly durable. While it makes some noise when running, it is much quieter than other fans I have used in the past.

Broken after one season

Comments about Honeywell Floor Box Fan:

The Honeywell Floor fan broke on us after only one season, and I could not be more disapointed. The air flow was fantastic, it pushed air through our house like no other fan we have had and really made our central air go a lot further. But the sides broke off it no longer sits in its base. Each time a side broke I was just picking it up and moving it. It was not mishandled in any way they just broke. One other complaint i have is how difficult it is to clean this fan. The front does not just pop or screw off like most fans I have owned in the past. I would be willing to purchase this fan again based on air flow if the price point was way lower.

Air Flow
The Honeywell really pushed air around. You will notice an immediate difference.

It's a fan plug it in turn it on.

It broke from just moving it from one location to the next on two different occasions. I think it is poorly made.

It is really hard to clean the dust out.

Honeywell HWLHF810 Floor / Box Fan - Reliable and Long Lasting

from Arlington, VA

Comments about Honeywell Floor Box Fan:

I have had this fan for YEARS and it still works as good as new. I prefer to stay warm, so I rarely need an air conditioner. However, in the summer, I can take this powerful little fan and put it wherever I want, place it on my preferred setting, and be good to go. Most of the time I will put it on the lowest setting and leave it on a chair about seven feet away from my bed. Then, I will use its tilt setting and direct it either right at the bed or right below it. I am a light sleeper, but this will keep me sleeping through the night. The best part of this fan is that, after years and years, I have not had a problem with it. What more could you want in a fan - especially for someone that is so picky with temperature?

Gotta love the Honeywell HWLHF810

from Alpine, UT

Comments about Honeywell Floor Box Fan:

Honeywell is a great brand that produces reliable products. With this in mind, consider the Honeywell HWLHF810. It's a great fan that has some serious staying power. There are some fans that just don't seem high qualtiy. I'm sometimes reluctant to leave them on all night, every night. But a fan like this is built well enough and is smooth enough that it doesn't even sound like it's working that hard. I think that it's a great way to go because it puts out a lot of power and is lightweight. This portability makes it a multi-use wonder. It's good for dorm rooms, apartments and even travel if you feel you really need it. As a college student, I would think that it would be particularly great because it's portable and can block out loud roommates.

works awesome

from Whittier, CA

Comments about Honeywell Floor Box Fan:

I absolutely love this fan. I purchased around the time my son was born because I wanted to find a fan that has small enough opens to where a child's fingers wouldn't fit in the opening. I have a fairly big bedroom and this fan will cool my bedroom down in a matter of minutes, which means there is a lot of power behind such a small fan. This fan is very durable and flexible. I love the fact that this fan is very portable and light weight because I am able to take it from one room to another in my house depending on where it is needed.

love it worth the money!!

from Middletown, OH

Comments about Honeywell Floor Box Fan:

i love this fan i just wish it was easier to clean! oh and maybe if it went up and down on its own as well like a fan that goes back and forth. but works great we aim ours up so it bounces off ceiling and it is great so far!!

Great fan

from Miami, FL

Comments about Honeywell Floor Box Fan:

Since its summer time again I needed to buy a box fan for my room to provide some extra air circulation and cool the room a bit more. I ended up buying the Honeywell box fan and have been extremely pleased. Honeywell is a great company and their products are very durable and of high quality. The fan is extremely portable so you can stow it away when not in use and even keep it in the storage room when not needed. The fan is very powerful and can cool the room pretty well. It is also very lightweight which is very useful as I can move it around the room and face it to whatever direction I need. It can get a little loud when there is pin drop silence but not so much to make it a hindrance. I am very happy with it.

Honeywell keeps you cool

from Colton, CA

Comments about Honeywell Floor Box Fan:

Honeywell keeps you cool in those hot summer days when you cant turn on the air conditioner cause it costs an arm and a a leg and you just need a slight cooling off. This is a powerful little device, it has a lot of velocity which makes it very effective even though it is small in size. I use it on my desk and sometimes take it to work as in my work office they do not allow us to lower the air conditioner in the class to lower than 73 and thats not good enough! I do not know what they are thinking, I understand you have to save energy, but in so cal, it is too hot for 73 on 110 days! So this little honeywell is a lifesaver, to cool off an extra bit. Would recommend as it is light weight and portable and flexible.

I am a "fan" of this

from Sterling, VA

Comments about Honeywell Floor Box Fan:

I bought this for a college dorm. When I was looking for one I needed something that would cool the room, because there isn't any air conditioning. I bought this because it was 1) on sale and 2) the brand was Honeywell. From past experiences and reviews I've learned that the Honeywell brand as quite a good reputation for making fans as well as other products. Ever since I've bought this fan it has been doing the job quite well, and it definitely compensates for the lack of air conditioning. The different settings is quite standard and the protablility is excellent. It's lightweight and you can disessemble it easily. Unless you find it on sale though, it's a little expensive, but it does the job very well.

Honeywell box fan cools the room down

from Lansing, MI

Comments about Honeywell Floor Box Fan:

We are a family of people who cannot sleep it total silence. We all use a fan of some sort as a noise maker year round. We used to only use a smaller fan because we didn't need the extra air flow in the heat of the summer. But one day my fan broke so I borrowed a fan from my grandma which happened to be this model. I turned that baby on and couldn't believe how well it worked to cool the room down. In our old house we had window a/c units so we never really needed fans for cooling our room. In our new house we have central a/c, but the master bedroom is at the end of the venting line so our room is the hottest in the summer. Now we just set this fan in the doorway at night and blow all the cool air out in the hall into our room and being able to angle the fan so it hits our bed makes for a nice, cool breeze.