Other Fans:

Lasko Box Fan

Pros

Cons

• Air Flow:

Excellent fan, great white noise

Comments about Lasko Box Fan:

OK this is going to sound a little crazy, but my husband and I actually use this for white noise at night to sleep! While this fan serves us this propose, we have also used it after we have painted rooms to circulate air, and it does a fantastic job. First, the sleeping part. My husband and I NEED white noise to sleep. We have bought fan after fan until we came across this one! Not too loud, not too soft, and does a great job of circulating air and keeping us cool in the hot summertime. We have used it in windows of course as well to cool down a room. Second, we have used this to circulate air around the house after painting. This is very important to us as we have a little one, so keeping the air moving is healthier. Definitely buy this fan!

• Air Flow:

She huffs and puffs and blows herself down

from Warren, MI

Comments about Lasko Box Fan:

Mostly this is a good fan. It has 3 speeds and good airflow. Bigest proble is that its really narrow and prone to knock itself over at the highest speed. I have to prop it against the wall to use it on top speed. It does seem safe from adults sticking there gfingers in there but I'm not sure about little kids. Its all plastic including walls, blade and guards so its very light weight which probably contributes to it falling down.

Air Flow
goes from breezy to typhoon.

turn a knob and thats all

its fallen over a few dozen times and there isn't any scratches and it still works great

too light and narrow and powerful which cause it to fall over

Gets the job done well.

from West Jefferson, OH

Comments about Lasko Box Fan:

This product is very inexpensive and easy to put together. It does a nice job of cooling things down, and although it does produce a bit of noise, the noise is nice for drowning out other unwanted sounds (such as noise from outside). I would definitely recommend this product.

Once in a while it tips over easily.

• Air Flow:

Would hate to be without one!

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Lasko Box Fan:

I've used these Lasko box fans for many years. Living in FL, we always have central A/C, but I like the extra air movement of a fan. Not all our room have ceiling fans. These also work great when it finally cools down enough to open the windows. I love pulling in the fresh, cool air at night.

Air Flow
With 3 speeds, it's easy to find the air flow you want.

• Air Flow:

Perfect size box fan to cool off the house.

from Radcliff, KY

Comments about Lasko Box Fan:

Love the price, style and durability of this fan. I put it in my upstairs landing to pull the cool air down and then have one in my room to cool it as well.

Perfect selections

Set it where you want it, plug it in, turn it on. done.

I have five kids and a Mother-in-Law in a wheelchair. With all the hits it takes, it still stands up.

sleek, simple

Lasko Fan is awesome!

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about Lasko Box Fan:

For a box fan, I have to say I was quite surprised at how well this fan works. It comes already assembled and I expected it to be really flimsy since the frame is plastic, but it is quite powerful when the speed is set on high and really gets the air stirring in small rooms. You won't be disappointed if you are in desperate need of a fan. This was the only selection left when we had needed a fan and I surely was happy that it does the job. The only disadvantage I see with it is that it is not quiet. It has a tendency to vibrate and shake and the noise rattles when on. So unless you are sleeping, this is a good fan to have. It works beautifully, and you can take it apart to clean the wings of the fan and keep the dust out.

Cleaning it is hard...got hair stuck in it but still works great!

good fan but noisy

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Lasko Box Fan:

we have four of these fan to help cool the house and save money. they work great, but the noise they produce is super annoying. we are contanty turning the tv volume up or yelling at each other so we can hear over the fan noise.

Works for me

from Pine Bluff, AR

Comments about Lasko Box Fan:

Recently I heard on the radio that there had been a recall for some Lasko box fans. I was worried--not just because we have a Lasko box fan, but also because we really like the fan. To find out whether ours was one of the ones that was affected by the recall, I googled the recall and visited the Lasko website for more information. Fortunately, it was not one of the affected ones (but it is worth checking if you own one). This was especially happy since we ended up having a crazy eighty-something degree day here in Illinois a couple of weeks later and ended up pulling out the fan to cool off the bedroom. This fan is pretty lightweight and can be moved from room to room with ease. It's a little noisy on the highest setting, but overall nothing to complain about.