Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
LUSH Sandstone Soap

LUSH Sandstone Soap

Pros

Cons

Love the beach? Get that sand in your suit feeling at home!

**Quick View

**Quick View
**LUSH Sandstone soap is a brick of mostly natural, handmade lemon soap with a thick toppng of real hard packed sand to cleanse and exfoliate the skin. I love it although many would question why I would want to shower with sand!

**Full View**The scent is what got me. It is sublime. It is a pure lemon scent much like LUSH Sexy Peel Soap but even stronger and purer. I love natural lemon scents so I immediately loved this soap even before I used it. I couldn't stop sniffing it.** **

**My Use** In the shower, the soap emitted a strong, pure lemon scent that really revitalized me. The lather was low like most LUSH soaps but I felt that the soap was cleansing me. The sand was gritty but I liked it. I like scrubby scrubs and this sure was. Sand doesn't dissolve like sugar scrubs so it stuck around until I rinsed it off. I did see sand residue at the bottom at of the tub after my shower but it rinsed away with a few sprays of the shower. My skin didn't feel hydrated but wasn't dry either. The scent remained slightly on my skin so I used my lemon scented body butter to build on it. After about three or four showers with **LUSH Sandstone Soap**, the sand part started to fall apart. I expected that eventually. I used the pieces as a scrub from my hand and, as the sand starts to crumble, I continue to use it as a scrub rather than letting it go down the drain. I like sand! It's cool to shower with real sand. I feel so ... tropical! **My Viewpoint**Some may ask why in the world I would like a soap that makes me sandy as if I went to the beach and need a shower. I really don't know. Maybe because it brings back memories of ocean beach vacations and I have a load of great ones. I love the scent of this soap and I don't feel it is a fake or unnatural scent at all. Although the sand is crumbling more with each shower, I still plan to repurchase this soap. It's one of those soaps that you either love or think is completely silly. I guess I love it because I look forward to using it even though I have many scrubs and many soaps and don't need a two in one product. ***4 stars!***

gets sand everywhere!

What is it?

This soap is a lemon scented soap that has a layer of sand in it at the bottom. The smell of fresh lemon is truly wonderful, and so I thought I would really love this soap.

Why DON'T I like it?

The problem with this soap is that when you use it, sand gets EVERYWHERE! The sand is good for exfoliating, but halfway through your shower, it feels like you are showering in a shower at the beach, with sand all over the floor of the shower or the tub, in your toes, etc. I can't stand that, as it makes me feel dirty in the shower. Yuck! Supposedly they have changed the formulation now so that the sand is mixed into the rest of the soap (rather than being a layer on the bottom) specifically because they received so many complaints that the soap is so messy. I'm not convinced that mixing it in will make that much of a difference.

In short, the smell of this product is great, but the sand part of it makes such as mess that it's really not worth it.

exfoliating

from San Diego ca

Comments about LUSH Sandstone Soap:

LUSH Sandstone Soap is great at healing my dry cracked heels. This soap gives me a natural abrasive exfoliation it really feels like there is sand throughout this soap. The outer bright yellow layer of this soap smells like fresh squeezed lemons nothing chemical at all. It is very invigorating to use in the shower the scent spreads quickly, and makes my shower time relaxing. I like use this product on my feet only although your allowed to use it anywhere on your body I just like the way it makes my feet look. I like to use the soap directly on to my feet, and scrub away as much as I want to. The soap does crumble apart mildly so I am always gentle when I handle it. The sand particles washed away in the shower just fine I have not had any problems with that. My feet feel so smooth like I have been walking barefoot on the beach for hours. The results that I got were beyond my expectations of this soap. I recommend this to everyone

Summertime anytime!

Comments about LUSH Sandstone Soap:

I tried the sandstone soap by Lush when it was first new because I loved every other Lush product and just wanted to try it. The first time I used the product I was shocked at how abrasive it was with the sand and surprised at how much dead/dry skin it took away. I buy this product almost every time i visit the store.

The sandstone soap is extremely effective, the sand in the bar is really rough which pulls up the dead and dry skin like advertised. The lemon soap part is great at softening and remoisturizing your skin after the sand has done its part. I use this product mostly when I wear a tank top or outfit that you can see my tattoos because it takes the dead/dry skin off of the tattoo and makes it as bright as the day I received it.

The lemon-citrusy scent of the soap reminds me of a fresh squeezed lemonade in the summertime. It is a fresh scent that I love early in the morning to help wake my senses up and invigorate my skin.

Summer in a Bar!

from Hartford, CT

The Beach in a Bar!

The idea of sand in soap may sound bizarre, but Lush makes it work! It provides the perfect all natural exfoliation without being too scratchy or tough on the skin.

The soap itself is a fabulous lemon peel scent which just wakes you right up and improves your mood every time you use it. The sand mixes in with the bubbles as you glide the soap across your skin so you get just a little bit at a time. It seems like the sand would be too overpowering as an exfoliant, but it's a very fine sand and when mixed with the soap it provides the perfect level of exfoliation.

The soap absolutely must be kept dry between uses or it will just dissolve into a gooey mess so you need to keep it on a little drying rack of sorts - like the kind of open weave mesh you keep your kitchen sponge on.

The soap is also on the more expensive side, making this more of an occasional indulgence item rather than an everyday soap, but it is well worth the occasional splurge!

Divine!

from Beaumont, TX

Comments about LUSH Sandstone Soap:

Love, love, love this soap! The lemon scent is divine and it really exfoliates well! I would repurchase!

It has a really nice and fresh lemon scent that is great for that wake-up shower or the nice little fresh kick for the after work shower.

Great exfoliating soap

from Washington, DC

Comments about LUSH Sandstone Soap:

I loved this product.  I first tried it out as a free sample from Lush and feel in love with it.  It smells wonderful and the sand is great as an exfoliator.  I wouldn't use it everyday, but when you really want a good scrub, this is the soap for you.  I also love that you can buy it in different sizes.

Save a trip to the beach - get it at home with this soap!

from Northbrook, IL

Comments about LUSH Sandstone Soap:

This soap totally brings the beach to your bath!  It has a subtle lemony scent to it, and the top portion is a hunk of sand to really exfoliate you.  It may be rough to start, but if you just scrub calmly, your skin will be super smooth! Personally, I prefer to use this soap in the summertime because it reminds me more of the beach, but it can be used in the winter when you're aching to be in the warmth of the beach!  What is also awesome is that you could pair this soap with the big blue bath bomb to get your ocean scent and why not wash your face with ocean salt to get a total sensory experience!  Now, as I mentioned before, you might want to be a little easy on your skin with the sand, but this is also for the benefit of your tub - it's a bit of a pain to rinse down and if you're too rough, you could also break off hunks from the soap.  You could, in theory, break the sand part off, and wash with just the soap, and then scrub the sand on top just to have a bit of protection.

gets sand everywhere!

from Berwyn, PA

Why DON'T I like it?

another winner from Lush

from Middleton, WI

Comments about LUSH Sandstone Soap:

I will admit, I'm a Lush addict.  I've probably tried just about everything in that store and I regularly drive two hours to shop there.  They sell a lot of unique soaps with crazy things inside, but Sandstone is one of my favorites.  Yeah, you get sand in the bottom of your tub, but it rinses out--I can deal with it.  I love how it exfoliates my skin and I really really love the way it smells.  Very pleasant and citrus-y.  One complaint I have is that sometimes the soaps don't hold up well in storage--I bought a bunch during Lush's after Christmas sale and I had them in a dry room, as suggested by the sales associate there.  When I went to get a bar of soap a month later, all the packages I had were wet, goopy, and kind of greasy.  I bought so many because I was told that they'd last "forever in a dry place," so I'm a little bit puzzled as to why I had this problem.  But anyway, other than that, I do love this soap!

This stuff is amazing.

from Winter Park, FL

Comments about LUSH Sandstone Soap:

This soap is one of my Lush favorites. Thank goodness I live in Orlando where we have two fabulous stores. This soap is perfect for Summer. It exfoliates and makes you smell great, lemony, but not like Pledge furniture polish. I recommend using it with a wash cloth so the sand gets distributed evenly and doesn't scratch your skin. However, the sandy side of the soap is nice for rough elbows and heels.

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!Smells AMAZING! 1 star for sand in tub bottom

from Franklin, GA

Comments about LUSH Sandstone Soap:

I absolutely LOVE LUSH products..especially their soaps & bath bombs. The Sandstone Soap is one of my favorites...Emporer of Ice Cream (which is more of a body cream/soap) is my Favorite..but Sandstone will make your skin SOOOO smooth..the only thing I don't like about it is that I don't take showers, I take baths. And the sand doesn't dissolve..it just settles into the bottom of the tub...that's why for my exfoliating body products, i use Isle of Eden..her sugar scrubs have the same effect as the Sandstone, but the sugar dissolves & you're not left sitting in grit.