Other Body Lotions:
LUSH
LUSH Charity Pot Hand and Body Lotion

LUSH Charity Pot Hand and Body Lotion

Great cause, but it didn't work for me

Comments about LUSH Charity Pot Hand and Body Lotion:

I really didn't like this product, which makes me very sad. I originally bought this product because the money goes towards such a good cause. However, I didn't feel like this project moisturized at all.

Every single time I'd apply this lotion, it would feel great upon application, but then the moisture just disappeared. Sometimes I felt like this lotion actually made my skin drier after using it constantly for about a month.

The smell is great, it's a sweet but fresh sort of scent. It's not overpowering, which is why I think that men wouldn't mind using it. My boyfriend is very, very picky when it comes to scents, and he doesn't mind it.

This product does work OK as a moisturizer on the face, but it's still not great there either.

In summary, I'm just really sad about this product. I'm all for LUSH donating their proceeds, and I want to support them for doing that. However, this product just didn't work with my skin.

• Absorption:

Great Scent of Freshness

from 48160

Comments about LUSH Charity Pot Hand and Body Lotion:

This Charity Pot hand and body cream has a super fresh scent, that I just love. The texture on the other hand has a little on the cheap side feel. But it's called Charity Pot because the proceeds do go to charity. I assume it's less pricier than the other LUSH body creams because they don't put as much of the pricier more expensive ingredients into making it, as they do some of their other body and hand cream products. It has more of a lighter cream kinda texture that I would associate with drug store brand body creams. But the scent is 1 of a kind. And the price is decent. Its all in the eyes of the beholder. You make your decision, its only my opinion.

Even if the proceeds go to charity, I'm not buying it again.

from New Jersey, NJ

Comments about LUSH Charity Pot Hand and Body Lotion:

LUSH is a skin care company with a conscience.  They try to be kind to the environment by producing "naked" products (items without plastic packaging), they use lots of natural ingredients, and they encourage their customers to recycle plastic whenever they can.  Their latest venture involves a brand new hand and body moisturizer, *Charity Pot*.

This product is described as a "luscious hand and body lotion".  It contains almond oil, cocoa butter, ylang ylang oil, geranium oil, and something called Tagettes oil, among other things.  According to LUSH, "every penny (paid) for this product (minus the tax) will go to the LUSH Charity Pot Fund" which is a group of good causes around the world. Great idea.

*Charity Pot* is a thin and light lotion that has the texture of a whipped or souffle product.  It is easy to apply, a little goes a long way, and it absorbs very quickly into skin.  It does a nice job of moisturizing for several hours but it isn't an all-day product.  If I apply it at 6am when I am getting dressed, I find that I need to reapply around 2 or 3pm because my skin is starting to feel dry.

I can live with the required reapplication but I absolutely cannot stand the scent of this product.  I have no idea what it is supposed to smell like but the container describes it as "a scent that makes life worth living."  All I can say is that the scent is one of the most disgusting things I've ever experienced in my life.  It smells like a combination of sour milk and rotting flowers and is beyond unpleasant.  Even worse, it is strong and lasts on skin for several hours after application.

I definitely won't be buying *LUSH Charity Pot* again.  I just can't handle the fragrance.