3.5
Other Self Tanners & Bronzers:
Self Tanners
L'Oreal
L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes

easiest application, best overall color

I have tried many self tanners over the years and this product is the easiest, most effective, quickest drying and best smelling overall. Rub the cloth in circles over clean exfoliated skin for the best result. Applying in the evening and showering in the morning allows you to insure the product won't rub or bleed into clothing. As with all self tanners, everyday use of lotion helps to keep the glow going longer. Ease of Application Applying in circles helps avoid streaks

L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes

I love using the L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes because I can carry them along with me and use it on-the-go. The towelettes come in individually wrapped packets which to me makes it healthier and more convenient to use. Whenever I use it, it goes on smoothly and streak-free on the skin. The individual single-use packets help to reduce messy application and also help to ensure that you get the right amount of self-tanner for a natural-looking tanned skin. The only thing I do not like about these tanning towelettes is that they are too small you need to use more than one at time and up to three applications in a week and that could be too expensive in the long run. It is non greasy, does not clog pores; easy to apply; dries quickly; creates even tan and best of all it works quickly. Also I have to warn you beforehand that the product stains cloth a lot and once your cloth is stained they don't come out again.

true

Great self tanner if you don't want to look tan all the time

L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes are a great solution for individuals who want an occasional tan and do not want to invest the money in tanning sessions or large bottles of self-tanner. Overall, I am very impressed with these towelettes. I have to be carful when I use tanning products because my skin is very fair. I like these towelettes because I feel like I can apply a light application of self-tanner and it gives me a slight glow rather than a darker tan like many of the liquid self-tanners. You have to make sure you use the towelette in a circular motion rather than in a wiping motion. The circular motion ensures an even application of the self-tanner. The wiping motion will likely leave streaks. Overall, I am very impressed with these towelettes. They are effective and do not leave you smelling like a spray tan salon when you are finished!

L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes-hard to apply

L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes-hard to apply and did not tan my skin a natural color. I have tried several self-tanning products. I used creams and sprays with limited success, so I thought towelettes might be a good method to apply the tanner. These are small towels (similar to wet-naps) with self-tanning product on them. You just rub the towelette on your skin. It sounds simple, but it isn't that easy to get the product applied evenly. With a cream, spray or lotion, you can kind of tell where you have put tanner on and where you haven't. With the towelette, I found that where I put the product first got the darkest. I guess the towel started to dry out before I got the tanner fully applied. Overall, I just didn't like to apply the tanner this way. And the color that my skin turned was a little brassy and kind of orange-ish. It's not as bad as some self tanners, but definitely not as natural as others. I'll rate this a 6. It's not a bad product, but there are many other self tanners on the market that are better.

Good for a Light Tan

These towelettes really are a decent product. They are very easy to use- having the lotion pre-applied on the individual towels helps keep any possible streaking and blotching to a minimum- and handling that small amount of lotion keeps the unpleasant odor self tanners have down too. The color always goes on even. I was skeptical that one towel would be enough for my whole body, but it wasn't a problem at all, the towel even seemed very moist when I was down. You see a difference fast- the first application gives a nice glow, and the second gives you a soft tan. A warning- don't try to go overboard AT ALL. Once you go past the third application, the color will be horrible and splotchy. So great for a soft glow, not so great if you want a deep tan- but hey, how much can you expect out of a drug store box? Great product for the price- it was definitely worth the buy. The bottom line is, if it's winter and you don't want to be a living ghost, this product will safely do the job.

Not for me.

I am usually quite tan during the summer months but by the time winter is in full swing I am pale again. Last year I decided to try out these L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes to give myself some nice color during the winter. I figured since it was in a wipe form it would be easier to apply to the skin without a mess to worry about. I was so Wong about this product, unfortunately. I thought I was doing a good job at rubbing the wipe over my skin evenly, but after a while I could see small spots all over that I had missed and my skin was too orangey for my liking. It was horrific around my ankles.. I would recommend these towelettes only to someone who has used a similar product and who knows how to use them properly as it can become disastrous if not applied correctly. Effectiveness These wipes do give you color, but in my opinion it is a little more orange than it should be. Ease of Application The wipe form sounded so easy, but apparently it is not as easy as I originally thought. I shad streaks and missed spots way more than I would have had if I would have used a lotion. Longevity I am not sure how long the color lasts as I used lemons to remove the color off of my skin.

Natural looking golden color

I really like most loreal products,So it makes sense i liked this product also. Nice even natural golden color. Easy application,not too pricy. Effectiveness I love the golden color you get with this product! The application is very easy inn the towel form. I also find that theses are much easier too user when you have no one around to help you. Just make sure to wash your palms when you are all done applying! Ease of Application I really like the towelettes. I feel this application results in even color. Not too streaky. Super easy use, and airways just the right amount. Sprays have a habit of running before th get a chance to rub it in completely. The towelettes are nice and refreshing,but a little sticky. Scent None of these products smell great, but This has a nice light scent that helps cover that odd chemical-ly. scent. You definitely still need a good squirt of body spay after use. Longevity Fairly long lasting. Does not seem to rub off. Keeps the golden color then fades gradually.

Brook Park, OH

true

I received a sample of these and they were terrible.

I've had a few hits and misses with L'Oreal when it comes to their self tanners. I like their leg spray but these towlettes were a let down. I snagged a sample of these off of their website and they sent me a few in the mail. I was eager to try them out and all of my worries about self tanners went out the window. This was a mistake. I opened the package on one of these and began to apply it all over. I used it on my face and was careful to get my ears and around my hair line. I used this literally everywhere. After a single use I didn't notice much color at all. I expected to be a little splotchy the first use but after using it three different occasions, I realized that the product doesn't go very far. The towel distributes a lot of color when you first open it but after you rub it all over for a few minutes, it begins to loose effectiveness. Part of me had a lot of color, other parts had very little. I was streaked and my hands were stained severely from this. I had to scrub with salt to get my cuticles clean. It was a terrible experience. I plan on sticking with their spray from here out. Effectiveness It deposits too much color in some places and too little in others. Ease of Application It seems easy to apply but in reality, it got everywhere. Scent They didn't have as much scent as some lotions do. It wasn't too bad. Longevity Unfortunately it takes a few days to wear this product off of the skin .

Not a great product.

These were the first self tanning towelettes that I had ever tried and they were basically a big waste of money to me. I was wanting to try an alternative to my usual self tanning cream and was hoping that tanning wipes were the answer to an easier, less messy application. Most other self tanning towelettes that I encountered online were way to expensive to try so I figured that I would try these cheaper drugstore alternatives by L'Oreal first to see if I liked them. When I first opened the packet, I was not happy with the strong sunless tanning odor that I knew so well, I was hoping it would not be too obvious with these wipes but it was pretty bad. The feel of the towel was not very strong and I discovered that they also tore pretty easily while rubbing them on. It took more than one or two to completely cover my body and then the wait time to dry seemed to take very long. A few hours later I was pretty horrified to discover a streaky, orange, unnatural looking tan that did not come off very easily for days. I will not be repurchasing these self tanning towelettes.

false

No point in using towelettes

I'm not sure what the point is in using these towelettes. When I purchased them, I thought maybe it would help the product smooth on better and be less messy. It was no neater or easier than using a lotion that you rub in with your fingers. In fact, I think these little towelettes are probably a waste of money and just a filler for the land fill. You're going to end up using your fingers to smooth out some of the lotion anyways, so why bother with the wipes? In the end, I could tell on my skin where the wipes were made, especially on my legs. This definitely isn't a product I recommend. In the long run, it's much more expensive because, really, you're paying for the little wipes themselves. I'm going to stick to my other favorite self tanners from Kiss My Face and Alba, both of which are so much easier to put on and end up looking better. They also make my skin feel nicer than this L'Oreal product. This stuff made my skin feel tight and dry. L'Oreal makes a lot of products I like, but this isn't one of them. Skip these self tanning towelettes.

3.5 26