3.9

L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo

3.9

Pros

Cons

Ever Pure - Great Quality from your Drug Store!

So, I was skeptical about this shampoo and conditioner from L'Oreal, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt.  Why?  Nothing to lose - I belong to a small group of people who knows how to get tons of free samples, and this was one that arrived in my mailbox the other day.

Jumping in the shower, I was excited to try this.  I used only a small bit - I've used the sample packet twice now, and I think I have enough for one more use.  For drugstore shampoo, that factor alone is pretty great.  Usually with cheaper shampoos, you have to use quite a bit.

It lathered nicely, but had a creamy feel to it too.  When I rinsed my hair out, it didn't squeak (which is NOT a good sign, regardless of what your mother told you), but felt very clean, and my scalp felt pretty refreshed.  Come to think of it, I haven't had an itchy scalp the last few days, and this is usually an issue for me, since I have mild psoriasis (especially located in my scalp).

I used the conditioner as well that came along with the shampoo sample, and it left my hair feeling moisturized, but not overly so, and not really heavy.

I think I'll be picking some of this up on my next trip to [Target][1] !

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Target-Stores-review-47e93

Not bad - but not my first choice for a sulfate free shampoo

I have to be picky about my hair. I blow dry it, flat iron it, bleach it, and dye it funny colors (purple at the moment) Since I use a semi permanent dye, it washes out over time - after years of doing this I finally decided to try using a sulfate free shampoo, just to see if it would make my color last longer. This was the first one I tried. The result: it does indeed make my color last longer, but it's not my favorite that I've tried.

The first plus is that it's easy to find in just about any drugstore, and is very affordable. Before the EverPure line came out, sulfate-free shampoos could pretty much only be found in salon brands. L'oreal often goes on sale and you can usually find coupons too, making it even cheaper. There are several different formulas, because my hair can always use the moisture, I went with the Moisture line, which has a rosemary mint scent. The scent isn't bad, but I wouldn't say I like it either. It's also strong enough that I smell it on my hair all day, which wouldn't bother me if I liked the smell better.

The shampoo itself lathers but not as much as normal shampoos - I have found this is typical for sulfate free shampoos, and I'm fine with it. The first couple weeks I used this I loved it, but then I felt like it wasn't rinsing clean out of my hair, or perhaps wasn't cleaning it as well as I would have liked. My hair is very thick and I don't use much product, usually some sort of smoothing serum or oil and that's it so I only wash my hair every 2-3 days. If I did have anything more in my hair at all I didn't feel like it was washed away very well, and I felt like there was residue buildup on my scalp. The best part about this shampoo is that it did indeed make my color last longer - and semi permanent purple dye fades away fast! My hair starts out so dark it's almost black, and over time fades to a more vibrant royal purple, and eventually if I don't touch it up or redye it, it turns a sort of pastel pinkish purple. Sulfate free shampoos make both of the first two "phases" last longer for me, which is exactly what I wanted. I've only tried one other sulfate-free shampoo - it is more expensive than this one, but I am much happier with it. I buy it directly from my hairdresser (who owns her salon) which is actually another plus for me, because I have been going to her for years and I like to support her business whenever I can. I'll use EverPure in a pinch, but it's definitely not my first choice.

Greasy and Sticky Mess

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo:

I picked this up at my local grocery store excited to see that it was for color treated hair and was at a reasonable price. I was also excited that it smelled really good. I have color treated hair that is long, thin and fine. I also use a lot of gel, root boosters and hairspray to style my hair and typically wash my hair every other day. This shampoo not only didn't clean the product out of my hair but it made my roots extremely greasy. My hair was sticky with the gel and hairspray and the shampoo made it clump up on my hair strands. My hair looked so dirty. I went back into the shower and tried to lather and rinse two more times. My hair was still sticky, greasy and dirty. I had such a hard time combing out my hair with the sticky hairspray and gel still left in my hair. Needless to say, I was not pleased with this shampoo. I would not recommend this shampoo to anyone that uses products like gel or hairspray in their hair.

L'Oreal Everpure Moisture Shampoo. I didn't particularly like.

from Austin, Tx

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo:

I have long, thin, colored treated hair that I dye once every two months. I had higher expectations regarding the Everpure line of products but was sadly disappointed. I didn't think this shampoo was anything special. It left my hair feeling dull and lifeless. The smell is not appealing to me at all. I wouldn't recommend this shampoo due to the reasons stated above. I disliked it and discontinued using after trying it twice.

The effectiveness of this shampoo is mediocre to say the least. It did nothing to my hair that other shampoos couldn't. If leaves my hair feeling dull with no bounce or volume. It did not add any shine to my hair or revive my color in any way.

I don't care for the scent of this shampoo as it's not very pleasing to my nose. It has a harsh scent that I would prefer my hair to not smell like on an everyday basis. I have smelled much nicer in different brands of hair care items. This is suppose to be a kind of high end hair care product but fails miserably in my book.

Great Shampoo

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo:

I've used many color treated shampoos and have had great experiences with most of them, but none have come close to the L'Oreal EverPure shampoos. Not just this particular one but the entire line. I've dyed my hair so much and when unable to find the brand I usually used, I went to this one because I was attracted by the Sulfate free on the label.

I've used a sulfate free shampoo before and it never lathered, but this one lathers the most out of any shampoos that I've used. My hair also feels cleaner after using it.

If I ever dye my hair again, I will go back to this shampoo. I've continued to stay with the product range. I'm currently using the reconstruct and thickening versions of this product since my hair is no longer dyed and very thin.

It left my hair soft and shiny. Usually the ends of my hair are very dry, but with this shampoo (in combination with a good conditioner) they were just as silky as the middle part of my hair.

I'm not thrilled with the scent since I'm not a fan of rosemary, but it's tolerable and I do like it much better than the typical fruity smells or chemical scenes of other shampoos on the market.

This product is simply amazing!

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo:

I love this product. It's the only line I will use for my hair. Truthfully, it's the only line I trust for my hair.

It does everything it advertises. My hair is healthier and stronger. My hair is cleaner too. The color stays in longer as well.

The smell isn't overpowering. I like the subtleness of it.

Made my hair very dry.

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo:

It dried my hair out. I Have used other lore all products and it has been fine, but I was disappointed in this one. However, the scent was wonderful but I honestly probably won't buy it again and may even switch brands. I never wanted to say that because the pricing is perfect and the smell is amazing, but as someone who has knotted, unmanageable hair to begin with, it made it worse. I do recommend other products by this brand, but would not recommend this specific product to anyone with unmanageable hair.

I do wish that they had more options in this sulfate free option. I love that there are no sulfate a in this product because it is better on someone's hair, but there needs to be an added moisture element involved, maybe a shampoo conditioner combo to make unmanageable hair, manageable.

I hope this doesn't come off as "don't buy this product because it will make everyone's hair dry" because everyone's hair is different, but for me, it just didn't work.

My Husband's Hair Does Well With This

from Podunk, NY

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo:

One thing that my entire family has committed to over recent time is to avoid any shampoos that have sodium lauryl sulfate in the ingredients in it. It causes problems and skin peeling and flaking, dry hair, and color fade. In our search for new shampoos to use, we have found that some companies are now jumping on the non- sodium lauryl sulfate bandwagon and making shampoos like that.

One of these shampoos is L'Oreal Everpure Moisture shampoo

**Bottom Line**

Although this is not my favorite shampoo with baby fine thin hair, for medium coarse frizzy hair, it seems to work very well without leaving hair weighed down over time or worse like some do. You can find this shampoo at most drugstores.

Despite my caution about this shampoo which seems to have a lot of chemicals in it, I have to say that it performs well on dry frizzy hair. Most of the time when I ask my husband what shampoo he used, it is L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo.

He likes it and a little goes a long way. Cleaning is good and it does not weigh the hair down at all. Waving and curling is encouraged and so is shiny and bouncy feel too.

With the intention of helping color to stay in the hair, keep hair shiny, healthy and soft and manageable, this shampoo has a matching conditioner. This shampoo comes in a silver toned metallic squeeze tube with a red flip top on it. The fragrance is nice and herbal but not WOW and the lather is pretty intense considering that it does not contain sulfates.

Not the best scent but a gentle sulfate free shampoo.

from The heart of , NY

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo:

***Quick View:*** I highlight my hair and color my roots so I try to use color preserving products. They're less harsh on hair in general and usually do a fine job cleaning my hair and preserving color. This shampoo is pretty good. It does what it says. I am not in love with the conditioner but I do use the shampoo about once a week.

***My Take on L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo***

This shampoo comes in a 8.5 ounce squeeze tube with a flip open lid. The shampoo is white and a bit runny. It smells weird. It is supposed to be Rosemary Juniper but I don't know about that. It kind of smells like something woodsy or, well, just not great. It isn't so bad that I wouldn't use the shampoo but I do prefer different scents to this one.

The shampoo is sulfate free which is the ingredient that strips hair of its color as well as its shine. The product is not animal tested and is 100% vegan.

Usually sulfate free shampoos don't lather but this one seems to lather fine. It cleans my hair well and leaves it ready for conditioning. I have to use conditioner no matter what shampoo I use as my hair is dry and has been highlighted and I use heated styling tools a lot.

When I use the conditioner by the same name, my hair doesn't look as shiny nor feel as smooth as usual but when I use other conditioners, my hair looks and feels great.

I will continue to use **L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo **but probably won't repurchase the conditioner. I won't use this shampoo exclusively but it's in my current rotation.

***My Viewpoint***

**L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo** has a lot going for it. It helps lengthen the time between coloring or highlighting and is gentle on hair. The scent, while not my favorite, is unisex. And it lathers although sulfate free shampoos rarely do. I like that is it vegan and not tested on animals which pushes the 3.5 star rating up to ***4 stars. ***

L'Oreal reinvents shampoo with EverPure!

from East Rutherford, NJ

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo:

Usually sulfate-free shampoos do not lather well.  L'Oreal's EverPure Moisture Shampoo will not give you a huge head of lather.  But don't be tempted to use a larger dollop of shampoo because you won't need it.  The regular amount will do the trick.  It just takes some getting used to because we're used to tons of suds - which is luxurious but not needed.  Using the EverPure Moisture Shampoo along with the EverPure Moisture Conditioner helps to keep your color true.  Both products have the feel of an expensive salon brand with a pleasing spa scent.  I have had highlights in my hair for years and have probably used every shampoo and conditioner made for treated hair.  L'Oreal has always produced my go-to hair products and now I have shampoo and conditioner I can rely on for daily use without worrying about stripping my hair of the expensive highlights.  Since using EverPure my hair is brighter and the color is lasting much longer than with any previously used products.  Thank you, L'Oreal!

This shampoo works and smells great

from 97760

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo:

I have only tried the shampoo and conditioner in the new Loreal Everpure line, but I LOVE both of them. I have curly thick course just below shoulder lentgh hair. It is also highlighted. The scent of this is rosemary-juniper. It smells great and is sulfate free so it doesnt strip your hair. I have used other sulfate free shampoos in the past and have spent more money on them and they didnt leave my hair feeling clean. With this shampoo it lathers up nice and leaves my hair feeling clean.

L'oreal Everpure gently maintains color and adds volume

from Plymouth, MA

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo:

L'oreal Everpure is the only shampoo and conditioning product that has not helped to strip my hair of color

The lather is creamy and rich  and smells wonderful, but not overpowering

Because I only need a small amount of product it has turned out to be economical

I am so pleased with their shampoo that I will be using the whole product line for my hair