View more cell phones

3.1

LG Flare - basic, no frills phone

from Annapolis, MD

Comments about LG Flare Cell Phone:

Got my **LG Flare** from Virgin Mobile a few months ago. It works just fine but it's a no frills, basic phone that's good for people who just need a cell phone for emergency purposes or "honey can you pick up milk on the way home from work" kind of calls.

Texting is difficult and slow and it doesn't even have a camera so it's very basic. My mom actually has this phone as well and it's good for her as she's nearly 70 and really only needs it in case of emergency. The rubbery buttons are a good size for her fingers and there are not a lot of bells and whistles to confuse her.

I've had no issues with the phone breaking or malfunctioning, but it's really only good for making and receiving calls.

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

This is an okay phone for the price.

from Fair Haven, MI

Comments about LG Flare Cell Phone:

I bought the LG Flare cell phone because I was in the market for a new one as my phone was getting old and just didn't hold a charge for very long anymore. I needed to find a phone that wasn't very expensive and I would also be able to use with my current cellular phone carrier, Virgin Mobile.

I saw the Flare online and fell in love with its beautiful pink color!!! I have wanted a pink cell phone for quite awhile now, but the cell phones that came in pink seemed to be on the more expensive side. The Flare does not have a camera in it, but I really never used the camera on my old cell phone as I have a really nice digital camera that I use to take pictures with, but that's a whole other review.

The Flare is able to go online, but I have yet to use that feature and I have had my phone for several months now. I do like the fact that I can go online if I ever need to do so on my cell phone. I basically just use my phone to make calls and to send and receive text messages from time to time.

The only bad thing that I have to say about the LG Flare is that the battery cover broke within 2 days of getting the phone. It will stay on for the most part, but the one side just keeps popping off once in awhile. The battery cover is kind of flimsy and is made of thin plastic. If LG would fix that problem, they would have a top rated phone.

Not bad at all!

from Oviedo, FL

Comments about LG Flare Cell Phone:

The LG Flare was given to me by a friend after my Kyocera Marbl died. At first I was skeptical, being wary of course by any Virgin Mobile phone, however, this phone outshone itself upon usage. The battery lasts a pretty long time, and the screen was bright. Also, the phone responded quickly to any button pushing, and also had barely and lag. I'm only slightly disappointed in the phone because it lacks a camera, and the screen on the lid is very scratch-prone. Other than that, this phone is great. It comes preloaded with some great graphics that aren't too cheesy and also some ringtones that also aren't too shabby. Of course, Virgin Mobile also allows you to download both, so there are no worries there. Cons include the inability to adjust screen brightness (terrible for trying to text in a dark classroom),non-scratch-proof screen, and also no camera. Pros include its cheap price, it's light-weight, and also the battery life. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

Best Phone Ever!

from Ladysmith, WI

Comments about LG Flare Cell Phone:

The LG Slider is one of the phone phones I've ever used. It is Extremely easy to use and has very cool things to do on it (besides, you know, talking and normal phone things). Like it has a tip calculater! I like to play with it mostly, but it really does help in restaurants. It also has a unit converter and this converts things like area and volune and other things that you normally don't like to do with a pen and a piece of paper. And it has the coolest camera options. You can make pictures into Graysketch or distort some one's face or make the picture look like a stamp! It is so fun to play with and make normal pictures very cool to look at. The templates they give are very cool also. This phone is also really reliable and hardly ever drops my calls. And it fits in my pocket! My last phone didn't so this is a BIG step up from that mess of a gadget. Any One getting a phone should totally try this one out because it's just that good.

The swoop has some great features but has a way to go.

from Menasha, WI

Comments about LG Flare Cell Phone:

This phone has some great features, however I do beleive they need to work on the technolgy some.  I am on my 5th phone because when the phone is on silent the keypad does not work.  I have only had LG phones and had great luck with them, however this one is definetly of lesser quility then the past ones.  Also the camera on the phone it not the greatest.  Pictures can be very dark and hard to see at times, not very clear.  I have not had good luck with the reception on this phone either.  At my home, I have already had LG's and by the same carier, and this phone tends to lose the reception very easily at my home.  Don't get my wrong the features on the phone are nice, and there are some cool things you can do with it.  However I feel they still do have a long way to go on some of the technology involved with the features.  One nice thing about this phone is it does come in a great aray of colors however you are unable to buy many accesories for the phone, when you want to change that up some.  Overall I would give the phone only really a 3 out of 10.  To me not up to LG's great standards I am used to.

You get what you pay for!

from Westminster, CA

Comments about LG Flare Cell Phone:

When I bought this phone I was tight on cash, so I bought the cheap phone.  I can't remember if I paid 19.99 or 29.99, but it was cheap.  It had a very plastic, low quality feel to the actual phone.  The battery compartment didn't always stay shut.  It wasn't even bluetooth compatible.

Less than a year after I bought the phone, I had friends upset with me for not returning my text messages, which I never received.  I called virgin mobile thinking it was a service problem.  Turns out there is some sort of glitch with this phone and it goes offline from text messages. The service rep told me to take the battery out of my phone and leave it that way for five minutes.  Then when I re-insert the battery I should get all of my missing text messages from the past two days.  I tried and it worked.  But who really wants to do that every time they need to check their text messages?  What's the point if you have to wait hours for them and you don't get notifications?

If you need a cheap phone for very basic phone service, this will work.  Anything more and I don't recommend it.

Good signals, no dropped calls, good quality prepaid phone.

from Demotte, IN

Comments about LG Flare Cell Phone:

This phone is good.  It has good qualities as for I do not have many areas that it does not have a signal.  I have had no dropped calls.  The price is good (sometimes better than average for coverage of just a prepaid).  I like the flexability of no contract.