View more cell phones

VX5300
LG - Cell Phone

LG - Cell Phone

2.9

US Cellular and my LG phone are the best!

Most people complain about their cell phone service and/or their phone.  I love US Cellular and have for years.  I always get a two year contract because they give me good stuff and I know I will be happy for another two years.  I NEVER lose calls and the reception is good, always.  The LG phone I chose is simple, but has everything I need.  The battery has always lasted the full two years.  I could get much more with this phone, but I don't need more than a good phone with a simple camera, head set and speaker phone.  My contract is up now and I am due to go in to US Cellular and get a new plan (if that's what I want) and a new phone.  I don't know if I will change phones because I am having such good luck with the one I have.  I do know that if anything goes wrong US Cellular will fix it.  They have always been ready to help with any issues I have had in the past.  Just this week I cancelled my land line.  I have all I need in my cell phone.

Good phone for those looking to keep it simple

I have had this phone for a number of years and have not had a single complaint. If you are in the market for a phone that has all the latest and greatest then this is not the phone for you. However, for those looking to keep things simple - phone calls and text messages. This phone will do just the trick. It is very easy to navigate to the various functions of the phone without any trouble. There are a number of pre-loaded ring tones that you should not have any trouble finding one that you will like. The phone does all of the simple things like phone calls and text messages and includes some bells and whistles like a calculator and an alarm clock. I don't know what I would do without my cell phone's alarm clock. It has saved me on more than one occassion.

Overall, this is an excellent phone to consider in terms of ease of use, size, and reliability. I definitely recommend giving this product consideration if you are in the market for a new phone.

Great choice for someone looking for just enough extras.

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

This is my first phone, and I have not regretted my choice. This phone has just enough extras to keep the user satisfied. With a camera, built in tone downloader, and other things, it's great for everyday use. The only cons I have is that it doesn't get good reception in some areas of my house, and you cannot use recorded sounds as ringtones. However, I love the fact that I can download ringtones right from my phone. I am also a picture fanatic, and it allows me to keep many photos.

Simple and efficient.

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

The LG VX-5300 is a phone for someone who wants a simple, easy to use phone.  It is inexpensive and has very few frills, but it has basic functions like a camera and the ability to send and recieve text and picture messages.  The menus are easy to read and customize, and the phone itself is very durable (I have personally droped mine several times and it still looks and works great).  The battery will last for days if you make few calls, and will last for several hours while talking on it, and the reception is above average.  This phone is perfect if all you want is a basic, inexpensive phone.

Weak phone signal.

from San Diego, CA

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

My phone is simple and easy to use.  However, 90% of the time, my phone is only usable when outdoors.  I can't hold a signal inside my home, nor most buildings.  I called and ordered a replacement phone only to find the signal was worse.  I only received a refurbished phone.  Needless to say, I sent the worse one back.  I still have my phone, but am waiting to upgrade.  I will not go with another LG.

Alright value for only 1 year.

from Chester, VA

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

I have droped this phone way to many times and each time something comes off. The peices do go back on easily. The number buttons after a couple of months work as they feel like it. Sometimes you get double numbers when typing or not at all. I do like the recording feature. I have recorded several songs and put them as ring tones for no charge. I do not like the voice cammand feature. If I am upset it doesnt understand what I want which is not good in an emergency. I will be looking for a new phone soon.

OK phone, but does not seem durable, good for a light user.

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

We own four of these phones.  They work ok.  The promo was buy one get up to 4 free.  We got two phone for our two older kids.  Mine was shutting off for not apparent reason for awhile, Verizon looked at the phone, did some updates and it has only happened once since.  My dd's phone buttons are wearing out, hard to push, it also has been shutting off and turning back on whenever she delets a text message.  Will be taking it into Verizon to see what they will do.  We shall see....

Serves its purpose

from Manchester, NH

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

This phone is fairly easy to use. It can be a little tricky sometimes with erasing voice mail and calling back missed calls, but other than those items it is a fairly decent phone. It is silver in color. I have seen quite a few of these being used by other people, both strangers and aquaintainces. I can also be a phone that is easily lost due to the number of other people who have them.

Not a very exciting phone with a very annoying feature.

from Aldan, PA

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

This phone will tell you when you have a missed call. This phone will tell you when you have a new voicemail. This phone will ask you if you'd like to check your voicemail now. BUT, don't bother to choose yes--that feature simply sends you back to the original empty screen. Very frustrating! It's not hard to dial *86, but why ask if you'd like to do something if you won't be permitted to do it?

LG does not stand behind warranty

from Rubicon, WI

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

LG phone broke in first 2 months with light use.  LG not only denied the valid warranty repair/replacement of a snowy screen.  LG personnel falsely accused me of water damaging the phone and physically abusing it.  LG also took 4 months to resolve the situation, charged me to ship the phone back, and then shipped me a phone that was completely broken and wouldn't connect to the tower.   When asked to fix the phone and send it back with the original snowy screen problem LG personnel were flippant and rude.  "Forced" me into paying to replace a phone that should have been covered under warranty or falsely burn my phone service provider by telling them all to shove their phone and plan.  Will never buy another LG product.  Scarred for life.

The LG VX 5300 is a reliable phone

from West Jordan, UT

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

This phone is unbelievable--I honestly cannot believe how long it lasted my husband! My husband got this phone four years ago. It is a simple cell phone and definitely does not have all of the bells and whistles, but that is all my husband wanted. During the time he had this phone, my kids broke 3 of my phones. He let them play with his as much as I let the kids play with mine, but his just lasted.

They finally did it in though and broke it in half. I still give it five stars though because the phone had already been through a lot.

I would highly recommend this phone to someone just looking for a simple talking and texting phone. This is not your phone if you want major internet capabilities .

The LG VX5300 is just an average cell phone.

from Reading, PA

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

If you're looking for an average run of the mill cell phone with not too many bells and whistles, this might be the one for you.  It's very functional, and does the job, but doesn't go above and beyond the ordinary in features.  The battery has a nice long life between rechargings and it's relatively small. A good phone for everyday.