3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

Love my dishwasher. . . sooooo quiet!

We needed to replace our 13 year old dishwasher (the old one exploded, actually) and wanted a new, energy star rated, not overly expensive one, which would be a water miser, since we frequently face water rationing.  We  found the LG LDS4821BB at a going out of business sale.  Price was right (and would have been a good value at the non-fire-sale, club price I have seen, as well) and we were pleasantly surprised that not only do we save energy and water, but the unit is sooooo quiet I cannot tell it is on unless I am standing next to it.  We've had it for a month so far, and it holds twice as much as the old one, and seems to clean really well using half the detergent the old one needed.

The fold down racks on the top for holding stemware are the only disappointment, designwise, as not a single piece of my quite varied stemware collection fits.  The main racks are adjustable, though, so all sorts of tall and awkwardly shaped items will fit.  It is pretty easy and foolproof to properly load, actually. The munchkin can do it by himself! Not the top of the line for LG, but if you never use the weird cycles (I never did on the old unit) the 4 cycles it has are plenty,

2 other heads up items: since it dries using the steam heat already built up in the unit, some have warned about water on the floor.  This is probably only a problem with wood floors, but I haven't noticed any water on the floor at all, and if the floor is sealed, it can likely handle a bit of mositure, anyway.  Second, the unit takes a very long time to complete a cycle.  Almost 2 hours, in fact, for a "normal" one with a single rinse and a drying cycle.  If speed is an issue, this may not be the dishwasher for you.  But, if you care more about saving energy, water and your eardrums, this is a great one!

Disappointed

We bought this dishwasher along with several other LG products when we remodeled our kitchen recently. While the other LG products were good investments, I am so disappointed in the dishwasher. I feel that I have realistic expectations about what a dishwasher should do - clean the dishes! I don't expect it to remove stuck on eggs, or gooey peanut butter, but I do expect that it cleans glasses and doesn't actually make them dirtier. Time after time, using all different types of dishwashing detergents, I have been disappointed to find bits of food stuck to the glasses, silverware not coming clean, and soap scum on everything. It has come to a point where I end up hand washing about half the dishes that go through the washer, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a washer. I have also tried all the different cycle offers - from quick wash to powerscrub with extra rinsem and nothing seems to make a difference.

On the positive side, it is extremely quiet. You can barely hear it running, which is really nice if you run the dishwasher overnight (it won't wake you up). It has an extra tall tub, so you can wash tall plates or pots and pans. The display is integrated into the washer so it has a nice profile - no buttons or knobs sticking out.

Don't waste your money. This machine does not do its job! You'd be better off doing all the dishes by hand.

LG Life Is Not Good with LG

Comments about LG Built-in Dishwasher:

A few years back we went and bought an "LG Dishwasher". Having been seduced by the advertisements and hearing that they were so top of the line. Well my experience proved otherwise, ours did not even make it through the warrantee!
This is what happened; I liked the dishwashers exterior very much when looking at the inside I believed it would suit our needs as well. However upon getting our "LG Dishwasher" home and in use we found that the wheels on the bottom rack kept snapping off! I was only putting common dishes on the bottom rack like plates, bowels, and silverware. I could tell immediately that when bringing the bottom rack out and in it did not go smoothly, and the left rear wheel was sort of bent well I called the merchandiser and they explained this is how it is made. Then I tried calling the "LG" company and was informed that they are not located within the continental United States but in Korea! So when my wheels finally broke off I had to go to an appliance repair shop but just received the same shoddy wheels at my own expense! I ended up buying a new dishwasher before the so called warrantee was even up!

Noise Level
It was not noise free. It made a continual noise like thud, thud because of the poor design the wheel one by one snapped off and then finally broke entirely off the bottom rack.

Cleaning Time
Average however I used very good soap and often times had to pre-rinse everything or they would not get clean. It sort of defeats the purpose of a dishwasher if you have to pre-wash by hand.

Poor, once the wheels snapped off, I snapped them back on it was just a short time before they would snap off again and again. So finally I could not use the dishwasher.

Horrible wheels that come off so easily is a terrible idea. And making the bottom basket where it does not roll out easily and evenly is ridiculous.

It did not even last one year

• Loading Flexibility:

Best dishwasher I ever had. And I've had many!

from Prescott, AZ

Comments about LG Built-in Dishwasher:

Twice the room inside. Fully adjustable racks. Way quiet. Best dishwasher ever.

Noise Level
Can't hear it running when standing right next to it. I had to lean down and put my ear to the door in order to hear it, the first time I turned it on. I was shocked at how quiet it was. My first reaction was that I had a faulty brand new dishwasher. But lo and behold, it was just that quiet!

Cleaning Time
Does take a while, like 2 hours but does a great job. Really was kind of shocked. I think it is really more like 2 1/2 hours. Which I will have to say seemed a little exorbitant! But in the end when calcium scales came off the glasses and the pots and pans were also sparkling, I was pleased. And being so quiet, it didn't really matter!

Loading Flexibility
Fully adjustable racks and dividers. Awesome!!!!! The top rack can be raised and lowered to accomodate taller items. And the whole thing is engineered to handle at least 50% more load than any other dishwasher I have ever had in my entire life!

Cleans great. This dishwasher actually cleaned calcium , or whatever makes glasses cloudy, deposits that had been there for years. And the sterilize cycle is very useful.

Looks great.!!!!! Everything is conveniently located. All buttons and such very accessable. Interior with dividers that fold down are awesome!

This is hopefully. Only had it a couple months. lol!

• Loading Flexibility:

Works pretty well, but louder than I would have hoped.

from Haslett, MI

Comments about LG Built-in Dishwasher:

We had this dishwasher in our last apartment, which we just moved out of a few months ago. It did work well, but maybe because of the hard floors and the echo in the kitchen, the dishwasher sounded really loud to us. If we ran it at night, it would wake me up when it went into the rinse cycle, and it was two rooms away! But, we never had to do any double-washes or anything like that, it got dishes clean the first time through.

• Loading Flexibility:

All that anyone would want.

from Prairie Du Chien, WI

Comments about LG Built-in Dishwasher:

I've owned this dishwasher for several months. It's the 5th dishwasher I've owned and it's definitely the best. First, it's very attractive. Second, it's super easy to use and it does a wonderful job of cleaning not only plates and other dinnerware, but also those stubborn to clean pots and pans.

Avoid this product.

Comments about LG Built-in Dishwasher:

Two years after purchase, it just stopped working--no lights, no sound, nothing. It replaced an ugly 20 year old Whirlpool that was still working. I will be replacing it now with a new Whirlpool. A very costly disappointment.

• Loading Flexibility:

The LG Diswasher is so quiet you are unaware it is operating

from Port Saint Lucie, FL

Comments about LG Built-in Dishwasher:

The LG Dishwasher, Model LDS4821WW(WHITE),BB (BLACK),ST(STAINLESS) has an oversized interior that easily handles service for 12, including dinner, salad and desert plates and cups and glasses.  The operation is quiet and efficient.  There is a savings of water, electricity and cleaning solution.  The adjustable racks make it useful for odd size dishes.  The cleaning power is useful for dirty and greasy pots and pans.  There is no need to prewash even the dirtiest dishes.  The exterior is easy to clean.  A Welcome addition to any cooking family.  A value buy considering the alternatives available.

Amazing!!

from Cleveland, TN

Comments about LG Built-in Dishwasher:

We replaced our very new dishwasher (less than 2 years old) with an LG.  We absolutely love it.  It is so quiet you barly know it is running.  It holds so many dishes; which is important in our busy house of 5.  With two teen-aged boys and 15 of their closest friends- the LG is a life saver!!!  One of the best features is the delayed wash.  I load the supper dishes and don't run it until we go to bed.  That way all the snack dishes make it in the night run, so I don't have dirty dishes waiting for me in the morning.  I also appreciate the fact I can load my dishes in without washing them first.  It seems to defeat the purpose of a dishwasher to have to wash the dishes first, but with my old model that was always the case.  I love the LG appliances.  They are such a great line, we have switched all of our appliances over!

Noise Level
It is nearly silent. I love how quiet it is.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time is pretty long (2hours), but I would say that the dishes come out clean without having to prewash them.

Loading Flexibility
Lots of room! With a family of five- we have a ton of dishes, and there is room for more!

Works great with great results. Clean dishes every time!!!

It's a very sleek design, and looks great in my kitchen!

Takes all that my teenagers give it, and lives to clean another day.

• Loading Flexibility:

Don't buy LG dishwasher LDS4821!!!!!!!

from Edmonds, WA

Comments about LG Built-in Dishwasher:

Don't buy LG dishwasher model # LDS4821. 1 1/2 years ago we bought two of this model for our kitchen.  Both have failed.  Neither gets dishes clean on first wash.  Often have to put dishes through a second time to get clean.  BUT WORSE, one had a leak from the first day--a loose-fitting gasket around the guide assembly on left side, water pooled to the front left.  The other developed a leak in the drain hose after 1 1/4 years (tiny pool of water left of center). LG did send out repairman for first model, but now is reluctant to do anything for second machine even though parts are still under warranty.  I've phone LG 5 times now in last 6 weeks, trying to get repair/parts.  I've faxed them copies of receipt twice.  They claim never to have received the first fax, although fax machine indicates fax went through to their number.  Faxed the second copy of receipt just this morning.  Will see if they will honor their warranty.  Bottom line, DON'T BUY LG DISHWASHERS !!  Poor quality of workmanship and poor customer service.

LDS4821 LG built in dishwasher waste of money

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about LG Built-in Dishwasher:

It's been installed 1 month.. I use it sometimes 2x a day and I can honestly say it's worked perfectly about 3 times. When it does work it's super quiet and washes well.  However, most of the time I get an error code halfway through and then it shuts down, or it's just incredibly noisy (the kids say it sounds like an alien spaceship landing in the kitchen)   One day it tried to wash without water.  This unit definitely has water level problems.  The LG repairman has been here 3 times so far and replaced a water level thingy but that didn't fix the problem.  It's a pain in the butt having to babysit the dishwasher to see if it goes through all the cycles.  At this price, it should work.

I'm no expert but since it does work occasionally.  I think it's a design flaw in the water leveling system.   Stay far away from this one.  It's a waste of money.  What pisses me off most is that I threw away a perfectly good dishwasher that wasn't as pretty but it worked.  I'm sorry I did.

Big improvement on my last dishwasher

from Bellevue, NE

Comments about LG Built-in Dishwasher:

Maybe I have low standards.  My last dishwasher just moved stuff around on the dishes.  You had to scrub them all before you put them in and they were likely to come out dirtier than when you put them in.  My husband upgraded me for Christmas.  I LOVE THIS DISHWASHER!  It is so quiet.  My very sensitive baby can sleep through this dishwasher running!  The dishes mostly come out clean.  As with any dishwasher you can't stick a casserole dish directly in the dishwasher.  It is a dishwasher -- not a garbage disposal after all.  It does make some funny musical sounds when it switches from washing to rinsing and drying and announcing clean dishes.  It has a child proof lock and an great display.  I'd buy it again.  We did get a great deal on it at a store that was getting rid of it as a floor model.  I think it was a great value and wish I could move it with me to my next house.  My daughter who is 10 months old likes that she can push the buttons on the display.  I like that she can push them without turning it on!