Other Sodas & Beverages:
Kroger
Kroger - Big K - All Varieties

Kroger - Big K - All Varieties

Pros

• Thirst quenching (4)
  • Good flavor (3)

• Parties (4)
  • Relaxing (4)
  • Whenever (4)
  • School (3)
  • Sports (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Quality oriented (4)

Big K Sodas, good quality and good value

I just bought a 2-liter bottle of Big K Diet Cola at Kroger. Really good and a very good price, just 88 cents (or 79 when on sale).
I have tried...Read complete review

I have tried several Big K sodas and its quality is very good. It is the brand specially made for Kroger supermarkets, but I think you can also buy them in all the other supermarkets that belong to the Kroger group.
Big K offers sodas in many varieties: cola, ginger ale, cherry coke, lime lemon, orange soda, root beer... It also offers drinks similar to Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper, which is called Dr. K. You can get the regular ones or the diet version, lots of options. I am pretty sure everyone can get the kind of soft drink they like, and at a very good price, above all if we compare it with the mainstream soda brands.
The taste of Big K soft drinks is quite good. I would say that its Diet Cola is slightly sweeter than Diet Coke. My favorite one is Diet Root Beer. Its taste is distinctive but not too strong. Big K Ginger Ale is too sweet for me...
Big K soft drinks are a very good option to save some money in these hard times. You can get your drink at a good price and get a very decent quality. If you do not want to pay for the "brand", Big K makes good products.
I know that it is hard to change some habits, but if you want to try these Big K soft drinks, you could have a good surprise. If you do not little the taste, you can always come back to your regular brand.
I tried them, I like them, and I am a Big K soft drink guy now. And my pocket has more money!

Biggest joke ever!

I had bought this product and brought it home (2L) and was shocked when upon pouring it into a glass there was no fizz. I check the expiration date and it was good for months. Still trying to have faith that I didn't just bring trash home I try and down a glass anyways and what I tasted was grape flavored sewage. The soda was more syrup that carbonated water as the lack of fizz tried to warn me, and if I wasn't so cheap I'd have just thrown the thing out. Only thing that keeps me from looking for a way to leave 0 stars is that the fizz somehow came to the drink over time, took 4 days for the bottle to get 2 days worth of fizz, and that it is cheap.

We love Big K!

from Indianapolis

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

• Energizing
  • Great Taste
  • Thirst Quenching

Comments about Kroger - Big K - All Varieties:

Have been buying Big K for several years and we are hooked! SO much better than Coke or any other cola. Also can't beat the price.

Biggest joke ever!

from milwaukee WI

About Me Value Oriented

Pros

Cons

• Bad Flavor
      • flat
      • no fizz
      • thick processed taste

• door stopper

Underrated Soft Drink

from Atlanta, GA

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

• Affordable
      • Long-lasting
      • Thirst Quenching

Comments about Kroger - Big K - All Varieties:

Oftentimes, I think naturally as shopper, I think, like other consumers that a cheaper price equates an inferior product. In this case, that is completely untrue. Big K is one of the better soft drink brands on the market. As other reviewers have said, this brand has its own taste, while often having higher carbonation retention in comparison to more popular brands.

Holds carbonation longer than Coke!!!

from Augusta, GA

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

• Great Taste
        • Thirst Quenching

• Gifts

Comments about Kroger - Big K - All Varieties:

Big K has become our full time alternative to name brand cola. Taste is equally as good, and carbonation retention beats Coke hands down. We began to notice over the last couple of years that Coke was failing to keep its carbonation. More and more we were pouring out too much Coke as it went flat pretty quick.
          We realized just how bad it was when we decided to try Big K. WOW what a difference...we're now exclusively Big K fans.

Awesomeness

from Richmond Hill, GA

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

• Energizing
          • Great Taste
          • Thirst Quenching

• Gifts

Comments about Kroger - Big K - All Varieties:

Big K is much better than any other cola I've ever drank. The biggest reason I keep buying it is because it doesn't go flat as fast as Coca-cola and other colas.

Tastes good and costs less than name brands

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Kroger - Big K - All Varieties:

I enjoy the grape, watermelon kiwi, and Dr. K sodas from this line, and would like to give special attention to Dr. K in this review. I love Dr. Pepper and Mr. Pibb. This store brand tastes as good to me as these, yet costs significantly less. I drink it regularly, and find it to be an inexpensive refreshment. I recommend it if you like Dr. Pepper, but think the price is too high, and it does seem high between special times of the year. This soda is consistently a far better deal.

Big K Sodas, good quality and good value

from Decatur, GA

Big K Diet Cola- Love the new Design, Great for Guests now

from Arlington, TX

Comments about Kroger - Big K - All Varieties:

I have enjoyed the taste and price of Big K diet cola for several years.  Now I enjoy the look as well.  I feel like I can put it out on the table and serve it to guests.  The pixels on the can even shimmer when you take it out of the fridge and place it on your desk where the sun is shining.  Yeah for the redesigner.

Big K was the best store soda I've ever drank.

from Nampa, ID

Comments about Kroger - Big K - All Varieties:

Wanted to say that the Big K soda brand is fantastic.  I haven't ever had a store brand soda that I've liked let alone tried more than once.  I finished off a 24 pack of the diet cola in a week!  I picked it up because it was a cheep fix to my soda needs and I will now make it a choice above other name brand sodas.

Big K Citrus Drop is my husbands favorite pop!

from Plainfield, IN

Comments about Kroger - Big K - All Varieties:

I don't mind buying off brand if the quality and price is decent. I know with certain items I prefer name brand, but that isn't always the case. My husband absolutely loves Big K Citrus Drop. They compare it to Diet Mountain Dew, but my husband prefers that extra acidic kick it brings, rather than Dew. It is also reasonably priced. Soda drinks can be quite expensive.