4.1
Kraft
Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cheesecake Filling Tubs

Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cheesecake Filling Tubs

4.1

Even us Rednecks can make a great Cheesecake pie!

Sometimes I am not the most observant person in a store and new products sometimes escape my gaze but the other day I spied this new dessert product from ***Kraft. Ready to Eat Cheesecake Filling***, in both original and chocolate flavor. Being that I am a BIG Cheesecake fan I just had to grab one of each to give them the ***Old Redneck Taste Test!*****Kraft Philadelphia** **Ready to Eat Cheesecake Filling **So simple a Redneck can make it as all you need is a tub of this delightful cheesecake filling, a pre made graham cracker pie shell and a spatula! Open the tub, spread it in the pie shell and refrigerate until your ready to eat it. Of course adding some nice strawberries or other fruit will kick it up a few notches.I have never made a cheesecake from scratch before and well.......I still haven't but if you don't tell then neither will I....lol While these pies were chilling in the icebox I made some Beer Brats, vegetarian lasagna and also a side of macaroni and cheese. After dinner settled a bit we were ready to cut into these pies and see if they were worth the wait. well all I could see were flying forks and smiling faces, so I do believe these were a hit!Not too sweet but with a definite cheesecake flavor and to be honest they were both equally as good to me. My son preferred the chocolate over the original but everyone else liked both of them the same. Now I can make cheesecake whenever I want and don't have to go through all that mixing and what not. These would be great for last minute guests or just a treat for the family to enjoy without the fuss involved in making one from scratch!**Nutritional Facts**1/8th of each tub of 24.3 ounces (cut pie into 8 pieces)Calories 260, Total Fat 20g with Saturated at 12g and Trans Fat at 1g, Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 300mg, Carbs 17g, Sugar 16g, Protein 4g and Calcium 8% D.V.This does contain dairy products so those that have allergies or problems with Lactose Intolerance you should stay clear of this.**Bottom Line**Once again the folks at Kraft have come up with a great product but they could have done a weeeee bit better. With 1g of Trans Fat it may not be universally received by those on a strict diet. For me an occasional gram of Trans Fat is not going to stop me but for being a part of this ***Ready Made Cheesecake Filling*** I have to knock off 1 star.

Not bad, but not homemade.

I have a fondness for this stuff, but it definitely does NOT compare toreal cheesecake. I prefer to use the Philadephia Cheesecake filling to stuff strawberries, fill cakes, or layer between cookies than as a filling on its own. I feel that it lacks the creamy density and mouthfeel of real cheesecake and, if eaten alone, it makes a rather poor substitute for a real desert.

Given how easy it is to make a proper cheesecake, I can't see using this product for its intended purpose, as a stand-alone desert, simply poured into pre-made graham cracker pie crusts. But as a part of another desert, I think that it may have its place. I still find, though that it is much cheaper to simply whip up my own cheesecake filling with real cream cheese.

That being said, this stuff is very addictive, and very unhealthy. If you're not careful, you'll find yourself eating it with a spoon! My husband can't get enough of it!

Strawberry Tart

from Lancaster, PA

Pros

• Easy To Prepare

Cons

• Entertaining
    • Holidays

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cheesecake Filling Tubs:

Made a strawberry tart with was lite and yummy. Bought a pre-made sponge tart from market (in their produce section), spread the Kraft Cream Cheese Ready-to-Eat Filling on top and topped it with fresh strawberries with an apple glaze.

Makes a quick dessert and tastes good too

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cheesecake Filling Tubs:

I take an Oreo pie crust, put in one tub of cheesecake pie filling and top with a can of Wilderness cherry pie filling and you have a quick and easy pie. It is a hit with my family and friends. I use the more cherries can of Wilderness pie filling and I let the cheesecake filling sit out for about 20 minutes before I put it in the pie shell as it spreads easier that way. The only problem that I am having is finding the cheesecake filling. The 2 stores that I usually get it from quit carrying it.

The best no bake cheese cake idea

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cheesecake Filling Tubs:

I was picking up some cream cheese when I noticed the Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cheesecake Filling. It was reasonably priced so I wanted to try some. It is so easy all you have to do is pour it into a ready-to-eat pie shell. You can add any toppings. It doesn't take a lot of time, so it is great for a quick and easy dessert to bring to any gathering.

It's interesting.

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cheesecake Filling Tubs:

Cheesecake is by far my favorite dessert. Whether it's plain, fruit, or an extravagant flavor, I must have it! When I saw this a few months ago, I figured I'd try it. I have never tried making my own cheesecake because I've heard it's really hard to. Overall, the flavor of this is only okay. It tastes like cheesecake but nothing like a homemade one. I mixed it with a few other ingredients to make a pumpkin cheesecake. It turned out decent! I feel this product will only work with other ingredients added. In the end, I might buy this again but it wasn't great to the point where I would definitely buy it.

This was a wonderful, tasty, easy way to make cheesecake!!!!!

from Pennsboro, WV

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cheesecake Filling Tubs:

This product was excellent.  I found it very tasty.  My whole family loved it.  We had the chocolate and ate it not only as a cheesecake but also as a mousse.  It was easy and versatile.  My whole family enjoyed this cheesecake.  We all tried it before we decided whata we would do with it.  My 14 year old daughter couldn't get enough of it.  My husband did feel it was a little bit rich but he enjoyed it as well.  We will definitely be buying it again.

Love it!

from Flushing, NY

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cheesecake Filling Tubs:

Love it, worth it for indulgement.  Very versatile product from Kraft.  You can use it as a recipe for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack or enjoy the cream cheese on its own.  I love the option of low fat.  Kraft has been a trusted name in almost all the households around the world and this sure is one of the best products they have made.

Not bad, but not homemade.

from New Fairfield, CT

Taste Like Plastic

from Mokena, IL

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cheesecake Filling Tubs:

I bought this product thinking it would be a replacement for cheescake, but it doesn't taste anything like it.  It taste like platic.  No bake cheescake filling isn't difficult to make and taste much better than this substitute.

Kraft Philadelphia Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling in a Tub

from Mason, MI

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cheesecake Filling Tubs:

I am going to gain weight this year  for sure. Here Thanksgiving is a week away and I am already eating too many desserts to try before I serve them. At the grocery store, I saw the Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling in a Tub by Philadelphia, Kraft product and bought two. I had the intentions of making two cheesecakes or one and sending another to a friend. Well, the last couple of days I have been preparing new dishes to try out for a change to serve for Thanksgiving. I had to try this because it was so easy! So guess what friend isnt getting a cheesecake! I ate almost the whole thing already and feeling a bit sorry that I did that. Tomorrow is exercise day ! It was very creamy and very good let alone how easy it was to prepare. Too easy! I believe cheesecake is meant to be challenging due to the calorie amount. Anyway, i will be serving this for Thanksgiving because it passed my taste test.

One step closer to desert Nirvana.

from Ocala, FL

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cheesecake Filling Tubs:

I am not a serious chef in anyway.  I have a family and kids that take time from my cooking schedule.  I dont always have time to make gourmet meals.  Kraft Philedelphia Cheesecake filling cuts down on alot of steps to making a delicious desert.  I have used this in different types of deserts each coming out delicious.  This should be a staple in any busy mom's pantry