Other Dairies:
Kraft
Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme (All Flavors)

Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme (All Flavors)

Pros

Cons

Phily Cooking Creme: My new best friend in the kitchen

What can i say? Yum. I also picked up my first containers of Cooking Creme with coupons, but I will be back for more at full price. You could say that it is a bit pricey, but all in all it is pretty reasonable for what you get for your money. Cream cheese is only one part of this product. It is a sauce base that incorporates cream cheese, so you don't need all of the ingredients to create a scratch white sauce.

I have use 3 of the 4 varieties so far. The Original variety can be used to make a quick white sauce that has a bit of a cream cheese tanginess to it; just heat 1/2 cup of milk and stir in the Cooking Creme and heat through. Bam!, white sauce. I used this to make a creamed corn recipe that calls for milk and cream cheese to be blended together. It used to be quick, not it is almost instant. I also used it to make some really creamy Mac n Cheese, substituted heat Cooking Creme for the white sauce. I substituted the Savory Garlic Cooking Creme for cream soup in a casserole recipe. The garlic flavor was strong but balanced, and worked very well. I used the Italian Herb & Cheese variety with a jar of pasta sauce to make a 'pink' sauce to serve with a ravioli dish. You can vary the thickness of your finished sauce by adding a liquid to it - milk, broth, water, etc. Because it is a cultured dairy product, you do need to be very careful and not let it simmer or boil after incorporating the Cooking Creme into your recipe or it can break, or curdle.

Used appropriately this is a good short cut product to have in your kitchen. For the equivalent of a medium white sauce, I use one 10 ounce container with 2/3 cup liquid for about 2 cups of sauce. This is why I say it is a pretty good value. Rather than needing 1/4 cup of flour, 1/4 cup of butter, and 2 cups of milk and fifteen to twenty minutes for 2 cups of sauce, you need the carton of Cooking Creme, liquid of choice and about 4 minutes. You do get value for money. I wasn't tempted by the recipes on the packages I purchased - not my style or palate, but if you cook using dairy based sauces you will find plenty of ways to use this product.

Frankly, I Expected Great Things.

I received a coupon from Kraft for this product to try, so I was looking forward to trying it out. I found only one of two flavor options stocked in my local Mega-Store, so I was stuck with the Savory Garlic to test. Following the directions I sauteed some chicken breast with onions, then added in a can of sliced mushrooms and several sliced roasted red peppers. I did not have any spinach for Florentine, but substituted fresh broccoli.

This gets an OK in the ease department. You cook up everything and toss it with the sauce. The sauce melted in OK, but honestly, 10 ounces wasn't much to work with and this is supposed to serve four, including pasta tossed in. Would it? Yeah, but only if you thin it out. There wasn't much body to the sauce, it needed salt (and I don't salt my food) and had a chalky mouth feel. I love garlic, but I'd be hard-pressed to say this tasted like garlic and certainly not like fresh pressed or minced garlic like it would if I made it from scratch. In the future I'd take an extra 30 seconds to make a homemade version.

From a nutritional standpoint it isn't as high in fat or calories as I thought it might be, and no High Fructose Corn Syrup is listed (which I appreciate actually). It would be a better alternative to Alfredo Sauce on pasta, but not taste nearly as good. Sorry, Kraft, you didn't ring my bell with this one.

A great cream to spruce up food.

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme (All Flavors):

When my friend told me about Kraft Philadelphia cooking Cremes I didn't think they could be as good as she described, but I was wrong. Philly cooking Cremes are so fabulous that I can add them to any food and it just jazzes it up. You really can't go wrong with kraft Philadelphia items. These cremes are exceptionally delicious.

Simple, yet too processed

from Alpharetta, GA

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme (All Flavors):

These cooking cremes are really easy to use and come in handy when you want to prepare a simple meal after a long work day. I appreciate that they even give recipe suggestions on the container. The concept is nice, but after I prepared my meal it lacked that "freshness" quality. It seemed like a highly processed box meal. I don't think I would purchase these again unless I had a high value coupon.

Love it!

from Charleston, SC

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme (All Flavors):

I love this product. It has helped with many recipes, very flavorful. My whole family has loved everything I have added it to. I have tried most of the flavors and they are all great. It makes busy dinner nights very easy, and with two young children, that is very important.

Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme makes any food taste great!

from Wintersville, OH

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme (All Flavors):

It's very versatile and comes in a delicious variety of flavors. It's great for dips, pastas, and meats alike and is low in fat. I have tried the Original, Italian Herb, and Pesto flavors. They all tasted great! The Italian Herb is my favorite. I use it on pasta (with or without chicken) and as a sauce for homemade pizza. My family loves it too!

Philadelphia Cooking Creme Original

from Lansing, IL

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme (All Flavors):

This is a product you would want to keep on hand.It turns a plain meal into something tasty especially if you on a busy schedule.What I love about this product is that it comes in many flavors that keeps my family coming back for more.Its easy to use and taste greats on veggies and noodles.I used it in my tuna casserole and the kids loved it.I already got my mom buying it she said she like this one better than the cube because its melting way easier than the block which is another reason why I love this product.

tasty shortcut

from Frederica, DE

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme (All Flavors):

I initially didn't think there was a need for this product, but I had a great coupon so I decided to give it a try. I bought the Original version and used a recipe for the Country Frittata included on the product. Yum! This was the best frittata I've ever tasted. The Cooking Creme saves a lot of time in the kitchen--all I had to do was mix a few ingredients and throw it in the oven. I was very impressed and will continue to keep the Philadelphia Cooking Creme on hand in the future. If you're in doubt just buy the original flavor, make the Country Frittata, and see for yourself.

Not the best cooking creme

from Hilbert, WI

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme (All Flavors):

We have tried the Philadelphia Cooking Creme and were not impressed at all -- after adding noodles/chicken to creme sauce, everything we very dry. The plain was very blah, the flavor ones did have great season taste, but the noodles semed to soak everthing in. This is also not offered in a lower fat version.

Philadelphia Cream Cheese Santa Fe Blend=Good cooking!!

from Brownsburg, IN

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme (All Flavors):

Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cooking Cremes were on sale at my grocery store and had a coupon so I got all the flavors to try. They are all good! I cooked onions, garlic, ground beef, potatoes together, added the santa fe blend and then linguine. The creme blended without effort into the food. There were lots of happy eaters! I will be getting these again. Very fast and easy!

Makes using cream cheese easier!

from Florence, SC

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme (All Flavors):

Philadelphia Cooking Cream is a great new product to add to any recipe. The best part is the creamy texture that makes adding it to a recipe so much easier. It comes in several different flavors but I used the regular for my first recipe. I added it to a Penne Rigata Spinach Pasta and it really made a difference in the overall taste of the recipe. Don't believe me...try it for yourself!

Cooking made easy and budget friendly.

from Baytown, TX

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme (All Flavors):

The** Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme **is now a staple on my shopping list. I love the four flavors it comes in and how many different reciepie variations i can make with just those four flavors. They are a bargin at around 3 bucks a tub and one tub goes a long way. The Italian herb one also makes a good spread for rollups.****