4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Love this camera!!

I received this camera as a gift for my birthday.  I had been looking into an SLR camera, but I'm really no photographer and couldn't see investing that much money in a camera that would be used just for fun.

I had previously had an earlier version of the Kodak Easy Share camera that lasted only a year and half...I will admit however that my partner and I were quite hard on it and it went EVERYWHERE with us.  It was pretty inexpensive and I feel we got our money's worth when it finally went out.

The best thing about this camera is that it takes regular batteries.  No worries about a "battery pack" or anything.  If you run out, toss some AA's in and you're ready to go again. Mine even came with the charger and rechargeable batteries.  It's got everything an amateur/family camera could need.  A timer, different shooting modes, and a video camera.

My only complaint about the video camera is that with the new version, it saves movie files as a .MOV file.  If you have an older computer like I do, your Microsoft/Windows players won't recognize it, which means you'll need to get a converting program or purchase the updated version in order to do any editing.  The movies turn out GREAT though.

I'm still looking forward to playing around with it more as I've only had it a month, but so far I have been VERY happy with it.

Ok, but not spectacular.

Overall, this is an ok camera. It's excellent as a point and shoot if that's what you're after. Mine has always had issues if I try to turn off the flash: things are blurry even in broad daylight without it, even with appropriate settings. As long as the flash is on, there are no problems, but I don't like having to always use the flash. The zoom capabilities are excellent, and they are what initially drew me to this camera. Honestly, when I bought this, I thought I would have greater flexibility with ISO, aperture, shutter speed, as well as other settings, but the overall features are lacking. The presets are decent. One thing to make sure of if you use this camera is to ONLY use lithium ion batteries or kodak battery packs. Double A's and rechargable double A's will have a life expectancy of about ten minutes. To reiterate: this camera is usable, but I wouldn't buy it again if I were presented with the option.

Good camera for the 26x zoom and the 15 megapixels

from Granger, IN

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z981 Digital Camera:

I am reviewing the kodak z981 it has 14 megapixels which is more than enough for almost any purpose and allows you to crop out unwanted parts and still have a great picture.

Image Quality
Even with the zoom the image quality is good because of built in stablization

Shutter speed is fast enough for most pictures and can deactivate auto focus to help speed it up when needed

Could use right out of the box after charging the batteries

Has held up so far

Battery Life
The batteries do need to be charged often

Portability
Kinf of big and clunky but for the 26 times zoom it is worth it

• Portability:

Reasonable price w/performance comparable to higher priced cams

from Corsicana, TX

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z981 Digital Camera:

Shopping for an afordable camera with features comparable to much higher priced digitals with video, audio, good zoom range and clarity of image, the Kodak Z981 Easy Share seemed to fit the bill. After four years of usage, my choice has proven to be a good one with great ease of operation, quality photos in a wide variety of lighting, durability and positive comments from others who have seen and used my camera. Many have exclaimed their surprise regarding a Kodak product performing as well as popular foreign name products.
Battery life is good but could be better but ease of quick change out is great. Just be aware of charge level and if planning to do a very high volume of shooting or more than one hour of video, have a fully charged extra set of 4 AA batteries handy.
It is sad that the Kodak brand has "bitten the dust" for consumer products.

I've always bought Kodak Digital Cameras

from Laconia, NH

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z981 Digital Camera:

I received this Kodak EasyShare Z981 Digital Camera as a gift from my husband this year. He typically buys me my new cameras, and this year he upgraded me! The zoom is great (26x), and it zooms fast. The shutter time seems to have a little bit of lag between the time you press the button and capturing the picture, but if you turn auto focus off, it helps a little. It has a lot of different settings, but I typically keep it on the smart capture setting, unless I am doing a close up shot; the camera recognizes the face in the picture, and it takes a great picture-clear, detailed, crisp. When capturing video, make sure you take it off auto focus, otherwise during playback, you hear a sort of 'jogging' sound as it tries to focus, which can be irritating. I have printed a few pictures so far that have been taken with this camera, and they come out great! I have also put some of the pictures digitally in a photo book, and the pictures in the book looked great as well. Overall, a decent camera!

A little bit of a shutter time lag.

Excellent Camera

from Geneva, NY

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z981 Digital Camera:

I am reviewing the Kodak Z981 Digital Camera..It is a great camera. This camera is easy to use and takes super great pictures. It has 14 Mp and 26x zoom, 3" LCD screen, and Schneider Kreuznach lens. It comes with the camera, rechargeabll batteries and recharger, a strap and a vertical camera holder. It is easy to set up, it has a nice camera lens that stays attached to the camera. You dont need a software disc for your computer you just plug in the usb cable to the computer and it downloads the software to your computer. It has a built in help system in the camera, several modes to choose from. Smart capture, portrait, sport, panorama, and scene. The panorama is incredible to use and very cool feature. It takes video in Hd mode which is a great feature to have. You can tag photos and share photos. Enter your e-mail address or facebook account and it will automaticly upload to your account when you connect the camera to the computer. This is a great camera and I highly recommend the Kodak Z981.

Another bad kodak camera

from Galloway, OH

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z981 Digital Camera:

This is my 3erd Kodak I try since I invested money on the Port with printer. In no time camera stop working all toghether. I would say less than a year. Is heavy wont fit in your purse and the battery from factory dries out quicky even when powered off. You would not be able to find and outlet to recharge since the only way is using the Kodak port. I would not recomend it. I did like this brand back then on 35mm . still the disposable ones are good for the money.

Terrible

The worse ever

• Portability:

i trust this company they have never failed me

from Kingsport, TN

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z981 Digital Camera:

kodak is a great company. i only buy kodak brand cameras they have never failed me. my advise to you is try them.

Image Quality
the quality of the images is great i give it thumbs up

the performance is wonderful it has never failed me

i get confused about technology at times but not this i figured it out right away

very durable i have dropped mine a few times and it still works great

Battery Life
i recommend rechargable batteries because with digital cameras they drain batteries very quickly this isn't a negative it is just my experience it takes a lot to run a digital camera

Portability
very portable

Nice features for price

from Ramseur, NC

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z981 Digital Camera:

I purchased my Kodak Easyshare Z981 just before Christmas, but really did not get to use it until January when family had come in from out of town. I also took photographs at my daughters wedding and recieved many compliments from friends some of who are professional photographers about how great the pictures turned out. The zoom feature works great as well but if you are a little shaky like I am you may want to use a tripod for the best results. I really want to go back to a new DSLR but for now the Z981 is serving the purpose well.

kodak stands behind their product

from Wetumpka, AL

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z981 Digital Camera:

I have owned many kodak camera's in my life and my husband surprised me this last christmas and we gave our 6yr old my old kodak camera and he has dropped the old one so many times and it just keeps working so it's child proof. The new camera that he bought me I love it. I took my son's fall pictures with it and everyone asked me where I got his pictures taken and who took them. I told them I did with my new camera and they were shocked. I highly recomend it. It also does panoramic and I love it. I do recomend purchasing extra rechargeable batteries and keep them on hand.

Amazing quality prints with the Kodak Easy Share Z981

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z981 Digital Camera:

My granddaughter is a architect student and needed a camera that would make prints seem alive for her projects and studies. We decided on the Kodak Easy Share Z981 camera and we are more than a little pleased with it. The camera offers a image stabilization that mimimizes camera movement to deliver sharper pictures. Fourteen megapizels means she can crop and enlarge and still have great picture quality. The camera captures those action shots without delay giving better pictures more often. The camera is stylish, takes great pictures in just about any setting, it even analyzes scene condition and automatically sets the camera settings such as exposure, the focusing and also allows for sharp pictures even in low lighting and other challenging situations And a bonus the camea even offer a great video if you want. The camera includes recharable batteries and charger. The Kodak Easyshare Z981 blends a great camera with the latest features and syle. A great camera for the money.

Love my camera

from Lebanon, TN

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z981 Digital Camera:

I wasn't sure about getting this camera during the Christmas sales but have loved using it. It's simple for a point and shoot and has advanced options to do custom shooting. Love the zoom and the quality of the pictures.