Other Digital Cameras:
Kodak
Kodak - EasyShare Z740 Digital Camera

Kodak - EasyShare Z740 Digital Camera

The Kodak Easy Share Z740 is a great camra for a beginer or pro.

I was a professional photographer prior to digital camera's coming on the market.  I was very sceptical about trying one out and what kind of product I would get in the end.  Much to my surprise, The Kodak Easy Share A740 With 10X Zoom allows me to have the camera set on total automatic or I can use it like a standard camera.  I love that part where I can still have total creative control if I want it.  What I also love is the the functions for sports shots.  Anyone out there that has kids, nieces, nephew's, that move around a lot and are difficult to get a photo of, use the sports setting and you will get a great shot every time.  You can't go wrong with this camera.  It's an all around great camera for a beginner or for someone more advanced.  It can be as challenging as you want it to be.  Or, it can be as simple as you need it to be.

nice compact camera that does all kinds of things

this camera is awesome as far as capability and conveinience goes.  i would like a little more pixels though.  sometimes the photo comes out awesome, but with a grainy texture to it.  it is convienient as far as shape and durability goes.  i have dropped it a million times, but it hasnt broken.  the lcd screen is large and very clear.  this camera has a tendency to take the photo seconds after i push the button though.  i want it to take the picture as soon as i take push the button....i take pictures of animals often, and they dont sit still.  i want it to take it that very second that i take the picture.  it would be nice to be able to take a series of photos too.  i like that it takes action shots, but again...doesnt take them when i want them take.  it takes really nice night photos, something my old camera did not do.  i can mess with the settings and take some really artistic shots.

This camera has never worked properly.

from Saint George, UT

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z740 Digital Camera:

I have had problems with this camera from the start. I regret not returning it while it was still under warranty. The biggest problem that I have with this camera is that the camera will automatically shut off without warning. This is not good when you are in the middle of trying to take a once in a lifetime photo. This has happened to me on numerous occasions. It shuts off even after I have inserted fresh batteries. I am not sure why it does this but it is extremely frustrating. Also, the picture quality isn't great. The pictures seem grainy to me. Another problem that I have run into, is that the settings change without me intending to change them. They can change with an unintended touch to the button. I would not recommend this camera.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Slow taking pictures

from Muscle Shoals, AL

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z740 Digital Camera:

Wish I had bought an olympus or nikon.

Image Quality
Not what I expected from kodak.

Does NOT take pictures quickly or in sequence well.

Sometimes hard to get to take pictures.

Best quality of the camera. It's been dropped on more than one occasion and still working.

Battery Life
About average.

Portability
Easily fits in a diaper bag.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Great camera for the price, excellent picutures, easy to use!!

from Mansfield, OH

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z740 Digital Camera:

If you're looking for a good camera for a cheaper price...this is the one for you.  I've been through three other digital cameras before this one, and this is by far the best one I've owned.  It is super easy to use and takes great pictures.  I love all the pictures options, i.e., sport, portrait, night, snow, beach, fireworks, among many, many more.  This camera is basically a no-brainer when it comes to taking the perfect picture.  It also has the burst option where it can take multiple pictures in a matter of seconds.  Great for kids in sports!!  The 10x zoom is also a big plus.  Of course, with this being a digital camera, it eats batteries like crazy and I haven't found a brand that it doesn't.  And as mentioned in other reviews, the lens cap does seem to have trouble staying on.  Overall, a great product for the price!!

Awesome!

from Goreville, IL

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z740 Digital Camera:

I absoluely LOVE this camera. It is sooo easy to use, my 2 year old nephew can  (and has) taken pictures with this camera. The color  and clarity of the pic's are amazing. It is Fantabulous! The cost of this camera is extremely affordable. In my opinion, it is one of the best camera's on the market. I have purchased several ( photography is my hobbie) and this one is by far the best.

This is a great camera!

from Primghar, IA

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z740 Digital Camera:

I bought this refurbished.  Great camera @ a great price.  I wish it had manual focus - sometimes it doesn't want to auto-focus on close up items.  It has a great picture quality and is very easy to use.  The batteries last about 100 photos.  It has a large display on the back for viewing your photos and you can zoom in to the photo you already took to see how it will look. Memory card is easy to access.  The optional photo printer dock is also nice.  It prints out nice quality photos - just like you would have at the photo developer.  Back to camera - about a 10x zoom with both optical & digital so you can really get a good picture from a distance - this works great for those kids sporting events.  It also works well for low light applications & close-up pictures (except when it won't auto-focus.

This camera is great because you don't have to buy batteries!

from Hyndman, PA

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z740 Digital Camera:

I've had this camera for several years.  It comes with a docking station which recharges the batteries.  It lasts for hundreds of pictures or several days without recharging.  I have taken thousands of pictures without replacing batteries!

A photography experience you will enjoy

from Mission Hill, SD

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z740 Digital Camera:

I love using the EasyShare Z740.  I have used my camera for over 2 years and have not been disappointed in the quality of the photos.  I have not had any trouble using the camera, everything is easy to understand and I would recommend this product to anyone who wants a great product for a reasonable price.

I've had my Kodak-EasyShare Z740 Digital Camera for 5 years.

from Taylorsville, NC

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z740 Digital Camera:

It is easy to transfer pictures to my computer.I like the fact that it is a camera and video in one.It has a self-timer of 10 sec. so you have time to get into the picture.You can display pictures and videos on a television,a computer moniter,or any device equipped with a video input. It has a optical zoom to get up to 10x closer of you subject,and also a digital zoom for the still mode to get up to 5x magnification beyond optical zoom.I like the fact that it fit's right in my hand.It has a lock so you can protect the pictures that you want to save.You can pre-tag ablum names for certain pictures that you are taking,like for birthdays ,weddings,etc.I could go on and on about how much I like this camera.

best little camera in town

from Boonville, NC

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z740 Digital Camera:

About 3 years ago, I searched for a camera that would meet most, if not all of my requirements.  My goal was to be able to take fabulous pictures of wildlife, and still be far enough away that 1) they looked natural and 2)we didnt have to fear being eaten.  We picked out the Kodak Z740.  It was inexenspive, had great optical zoom, lightweight and easy to hold.

We took our first outing to Estes Park, Rocky Mountain national forest.  I was able to capture litters of coyote puppies doing a community nurse, on several moms.  In the same instance, I also was able to get a great picture of an Elk chasing a coyote!  We were very far away, and the camera does tend to get a little shaky at the 12x zoom.  My coyote pictures were slightly out of focus, but definitely viewable.  It made me immensley happy!

What Ive discovered does the BEST is natural light pictures of our pets.  It has a quick take, quick focus, and it allows me to catch active kittens or puppies.

Our first Z740 was even chewed up by our bulldog!  It lived to tell the tale, and had many hundreds of thousands more clicks through it.  It was stolen though, which led us to our 2nd Z740.  I left it out in the rain (it worked for maybe 60 more shots) and we're now on our third Z740.  Love these cameras!!

Great Camera

from Santee, CA

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z740 Digital Camera:

We bought this camera 3 years ago, just before our son was born. We also have the docking station printer to go with it. It has had lots of use... probably 1500-2000 pictures taken, and it is still going strong.

I have always been impressed with the zoom feature because it not only has the optical zoom, but a digital zoom as well. Now that Kodak is producing larger multifunction printers with great photo printing, I would consider buying one of those instead of having the docking station. Seems like that would be more cost effective.

The image quality on this camera is really good and the software that helps you download, edit and manage pictures has been very reliable and easy to use. Id actually consider it on par with our Adobe Photoshop Elements and actually it has been less "buggy" than the Adobe software.

The camera is quite easy to use and may be bigger than some of the other cameras on the market, but I think the quality and features are worth the larger size.

A removable memory card transfers images quickly and easily to our laptop.