Other Digital Cameras:
Kodak
Kodak - EasyShare Z760 Digital Camera

Kodak - EasyShare Z760 Digital Camera

This camera is a great buy!

I purchased this product and have used it for years. It was purchased before the birth of my son and I figured that it would last me approximately 5 years. I am over half way there and I am so excited that this camera is still doing what I expected it to. It works great and is very user friendly. I also purchased the docking station for one touch download. The software that comes with this camera is easy to install and there are a number of features that I am able to use to change the coloring, megapixels to increase the number of pictures being taken if we will be at an event for a long time. It has survived many zoo trips, vacations, mild weather, indoor photos, being packed away, and photos taken by my son (who is learning). I have been very impressed with this camera from the very beginning. I will probably purchase another Kodak based on the ease of use after this one finally sees its last day. This product has worked so well that my dad and mom purchased this camera for my mom who is not technologically savvy. She is able to fill the camera with photos, review them, and then hand the camera fully loaded to my dad who downloads them in one touch. Reviewing pictures on this camera is very easy and the ability to zoom the reviewed pictures has been a tremendous help (especially for further away group photos in which eyes can be closed). The software that comes with this camera has the ability to remove red eye, change the photo from regular color to soft color, sepia, and cartoon (which my son loves for me to do for him). This camera takes video which plays back with sound on the camera. The camera lens stays flat with the camera surface and covered with a lens until the camera is turned on. To turn on the camera on the back all you do is press down the button and then rotate the knob to the desired fuction. The functions include a movie/video function, a photo function, a favorites function, and others. The only thing I have noticed about the knob is that now after several years of use the camera knob is now hard to twist. It will still twist but it is not quite as easy to do as when I first purchased the camera. The knob also has a center button in which my clear cover popped off the other day. This is again not an issue for me. The camera has aged quite nicely and if the only problems I have are cosmetic in nature then they are fine. The battery has a long life and with as often as my mom (aka Nana) takes photos I must say that the fact that it has outlasted her picture taking ability says enough in itself. With the software that comes with this camera I can do a number of things with the photos I take. I have been very impressed with this camera. If Kodak has a slimmer design of this camera similar to the Sony Cybershot I think that I would be in love. I know that I have had Kodak Easy Share Cameras since approximately 2004. This has been a wonderful investment for me and I look forward to purchasing a docking station, docking printer, and probably most every other accessory for the next camera I purchase. These cameras have some lasting power and for that they are worth every dime. The camera does become a bit out of focus beyond a certain zoom point but the good thing is that on the screen it shows you the zoom warning area for when the pictures will start to become out of focus. The focus is good but from my back porch I like to take photos of deer outside my back yard in the mornings. I have trouble getting them to be in focus because of the amount of zoom required to get them into the camera at a decent size. This camera is not designed for a long zoom range but I think that for every day items like birthday parties, trips, family gathering photos, etc. in a closer environment it is great. I will probably shop for a larger zoom capacity on my next camera because with the age of my camera I am sure that there are better zooms for the landscape items I would like to capture in future outings. Again, this camera is great for every day use and for all the things I have needed in the past several years it has worked wonderfully. There are a number of options like three quick photos, red eye reduction, the ability to turn the flash off or on automatic, the ability to reduce red eye, and the timer for a family photo with no photo taker. I have also used the options for landscape, fireworks, night time, close up, and fast action. The toward and away functions are in front of the photo capture button and I have noticed that by pushing the photo capture button half way down on pictures I am getting ready to take it allows the camera to do an early focus on what I am taking a picture of (when the item is still) and allows for a better photo. Overall, I would buy this camera again especially if I am using it for all the same types of photos I am taking now.

I will not own another Kodak Camera

I made the mistake of purchasing a kodak digital camera once, b/c it was the most cost efficient. That thing is a pain in the hiney when it comes to getting the pictures off of your camera and moving them into folders - or emailing them - once on your PC. Horrible "sharing" options. Not to mention I had the camera for about a year before it broke. Thank you for small prayers being answered! I bought a Sony after that - and I am still in love with it 4 years later - and my daughter has sprayed it with water! The Sony keeps on working! HOORAY!

A great, reliable camera

from Selden, NY

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z760 Digital Camera:

The Kodak Easyshare Z760 is a solid digital camera. I've had it for two years, and I have never had a problem with it. With 6.1 megapixels, it'll provide all the quality you need for a picture. The most important thing to me is the shutter delay on this camera. In digital camera reviews, you rarely see shutter delay mentioned or only seen as an abstract number. The shutter delay is extremely low on this camera, meaning as soon as you hit the button, it'll take the picture (as it should be).The Z760 is a great camera for an amateur or even an experienced photographer. It's extremely reliable and definitely worth purchasing.

Great Zoom Point & Shoot Camera

from Avon, MN

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z760 Digital Camera:

I've had the Kodak Z760 for close to 4 years now & still love taking pictures with it. This is the only camera I take pictures with and probably take close to 50 pictures per month with it (more around the holidays & birthdays).

**Pros:**

Zoom Absolutely love that it has a 10X OPTICAL zoom, don't be fooled by cameras that have a high digital zoom, the optical zoom gives you the best quality picture!

Shape The shape is nice since it gives you an area to hold onto allowing you to use just one hand to take pictures while still getting a steady shot

Kodak Brand Easy to use camera and if you need service easy to find technitions

Docking Station When I bought the camera the docking station was included making it easy to charge & transfer picture to you computer

Battery Life I bought an extra battery incase I ever found I needed it and even with a lot of use and charging, both batteries still charge well & hold their charge for a lot time. I can easily take the camera on a 4 - 5 day trip taking well over 200 pictures and still have battery life left on a single charge.

Picture Options Lots of options to choose from including full auto & full manual mode

Video Takes great little videos perfect for sharing kid's firsts & short school programs

**Cons:**

Not really a con, but the picture quality is not as good as the digital SLR cameras. This is going to be true for any point & shoot camera, but I have noticed it with our relatives sharing pictures they have taken with a SLR camera.

Overall this is one of the best point & shoot cameras out there. When I buy another point & shoot camera, I am going to buy a Kodak Zoom digital camera only difference is I am going to get a high megapixel now that they are more readily found.

Kodak Easy Share Z760

from Anderson, IN

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z760 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera a year ago because I needed a camera with manual settings for my visual communications class. I was able to find this camera for about half the cost on amazon. The settings are not completely manual; the zoom will only go to a certain point depending on what f stop you have it on. Although, for a point and shoot camera, I'd say it's pretty good. I am hoping to get a SLR sometime soon, but this has been a good substitute so far. The camera takes good, clear pictures, even with different settings with the f stop and shutter settings. The digital zoom even works well. Of course, with the digital zoom, pictures cannot be entirely clear, but you can take photos from a great distance and they will still turn out pretty well. This camera also takes video, which is a plus. While the video quality is not HD, it still has pretty good quality, better quality than my other digital camera with a camcorder.

Kodak Easy Share Z760 is a good all around camera

from El Monte, CA

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z760 Digital Camera:

The Kodak Easy Share Z760 is a good all around camera.  It is my first digital camera and I have enjoyed the ease of use.  I would recommend it to anyone.  It isn't as sleek as some of the cameras out now; however it is relatively light.

This camera is a great buy!

from Muskogee, OK

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z760 Digital Camera:

A great point-and-shoot camera!

from Florissant, MO

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z760 Digital Camera:

I received the Kodak Z760 camera as a gift five years ago and it has served me well! The picture quality is excellent and I like how easy it is to use. Unlike other digital cameras, it has a super-fast shutter speed and takes the picture almost immediately after pressing the button. However, it takes a lot of time for the camera to go back to picture-taking mode afterwards. In addition to the automatic setting, has several shooting modes I use frequently--the close-up setting takes beautiful still shots and the night landscape mode comes in handy in dark situations, though a tripod is needed to get absolute clarity.

Like most digital cameras, the Z760 has a video feature, which captures video in MPEG format. It is simple to use, but lacking in quality and the ability to zoom in after starting to record. The sound quality is quite good, though!

I have had few problems with this camera in several years of use (and I use it a LOT). The battery life has started to suffer significantly, but I attribute this to common usage and aging. Once, after it got slightly wet in a cave, I had some trouble with the camera not shutting off, but after it dried, the problems seemed to be gone. On another note, the EasyShare software is horrible and slowed down my computer, so I uninstalled it. Overall, I would recommend the Z760.

This Kodak EasyShare has worked great for years

from New Preston Marble Dale, CT

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z760 Digital Camera:

This is my first digital camera.  My husband bought it for me about four years ago.  It is definitely a little clunkier than most compact digital cameras you will see now a days, but I really like it.  It has held up nicely (and I think it is has been dropped a few times) and is user friendly for the most part (most people will need you to show them how to turn it on if you are asking them to take a picture for you).  The lag time between photos is better than the Canon we bought for Christmas this year.  I also like that it does not use AA batteries as does that new Canon I referenced to - the AA batteries seem to die so quickly in a digital camera.  The picture quality is good in my opinion, and it takes videos nicely.  It has been the go to camera to record lots of important memories for me.  I mentioned our new Canon which I will say my husband seems to prefer, but I like this one much better.  So now he and I both have our own.

Kodak EASYSHARE Z760 Digital Camera is the best

from Oak Creek, WI

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z760 Digital Camera:

Kodak Easyshare Z760 Digital camera is the best one to get.  It is so easy to operate, easy to understand instructions on how to get started.  You are able to make movies, take still pictures from them.  When using the Kodak software, you are able to edit, crop, and add to the pictures what you want.  I have had Kodak Easyshare since they came out with it.  I'm still also using the DX7630 and it has never given any problems even after about 5 years.  It is worth every penny to get one of these digital cameras as they last forever.  They are cheaper and work the same as the more expensive ones.  It gives professional pictures like a photographer would and they cost a lot less when you are able to do them yourself.  Kodak software is easy to store and records each time you download from your camera to the pc, all in order by date and how many were taken at the time.  You can email photos right from their software which keeps an address book list for you.

The Kodak Z760 is a GREAT camera for anyone to use.

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z760 Digital Camera:

The Kodak Z760 camera is a great camera for anyone.  It is very easy to use, but can also be used in a more sophisticated way.  You can change the settings manually, as well as use one of the many preset modes.  Your picture shows up on the LCD panel, and you can also zoom on the photo to see even the tiniest feature distinctly.  The battery lasts for about 300 pictures or quite some time.  It is so easy to get the pictures from the camera as well.  You can use a USB cable and copy them to your computer, if you have a memory card slot on your printer, you can print them and delete them (as well as copy to your computer and remove from the memory card).  I've even loaned my camera to two friends who ended up purchasing the same model.  It's great!

The best carmera I have ever had

from Altamonte Springs, FL

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z760 Digital Camera:

What a great camera.  I have gotten some of the best pictures from this camera, the quality of the pixels is great.  It is extremely easy to use, durable as I have dropped the camera so many times (I hate to tell people this) and my heart always skips a beat as I am thinking it is going to be broken however amazingly it is always in one piece and still takes the same quality of picture.  I purchased my camera quite a long time ago and still I do not feel like I need to upgrade as the image quality is just as good as some of the newer models.