Other Exercise & Fitness Accessories:
Klean Kanteen

Reusuable, 100% recyclable sleek and practical canteen

I am no sportswoman, that's for sure - but I do LOVE my Klean Kanteen.

I am no sportswoman, that's for sure - but I do LOVE my Klean Kanteen.

Since receiving my Klean Kanteen as a Christmas present, I have used it *every*day.  My favorite is taking it to work.  It fits so easily into my bag and slim enough so that my tiny hands can carry it around all day long.  It also fits in my car cup holder, finally!

I own the 27oz Stainless steel bottle with sport cap and it has inspired me to keep hydrated through my busy day.  I usually use it to hold water and it tastes so clean and pure, even if it's been in there a while.

I highly recommend the Klean Kanteen for anyone who loves to drink anything.

Plus you'll help in saving our environment!   In addition, in 2008, Klean Kanteen became a member of 1% for the Planet.   This means they donate at least 1% of their annual sales to non-profits working to protect and promote the wellness of our planet.

Okay, Heavy

I switched from plastic to metal because I heard great things about metal. Some of the great things I heard were that it keeps cooler longer, water tastes fresher, and most importantly no harmful chemical is leaked into the metal bottle. I was especially concern about the last one because i always leave my plastic bottle out in my car in the hot sun.

However, I might switch back to plastic soon. The metal canteen just gets too heavy when I fill it with water and the metal taste in the water doesn’t seem as refreshing at I would be told it would be. In addition, when i take it hiking or put it in my purse, it just cause an unnecessary heaviness. Also, if i drop it (i.e. at the gym or work) it makes a terrible sound and causes a lot of embarrassing stares. The positive side is that i do notice that my water is colder for a longer time than with my plastic bottle and that is always a plus at the gym or hiking trail.

My extra appendage

from united states

Comments about Klean Kanteen 27-oz. Bottle:

My Klean Kanteen 27 oz. bottle is practically an extra appendage of mine. I bring it with me everywhere I go. Not only does it help me drink the recommended daily allowance of water, but it is super durable and able to go with me EVERYWHERE. I take my Klean Kanteen to yoga, on bike rides, camping, and to work. The lid is heavy duty and I am able to throw it into the dishwasher when it time for my Klean Kanteen to take a bath.

After owning my Klean Kanteen for a couple of years now, the black paint is starting to chip in places and there are some scratches. All that is revealed is the silver bottle underneath. The bottom of the bottle is starting to round after the number of times I have accidentally, yet repeatedly dropped my Klean Kanteen on the ground. However, the bottle still stands, has not cracked, and shows no sign of the repot possibility of springing a leak. Unfortunately, the water inside my Klean Kanteen sometimes gets a little warm when I leave it in the car all day but that is my problem.

Environmentally friendly and Very Durable!

Comments about Klean Kanteen 27-oz. Bottle:

I have had this water bottle for a long time now and it has held up very well. I use it for almost everything, hiking, going to the gym, and just everyday on the go hydration. It's a great alternative to plastic which can leach chemicals into your water. The bottle has been dropped,slammed, and scratched but has held up amazingly! Highly recommend this bottle!

Kleen Kanteen-- Extremely Durable

from Livermore, CA

Comments about Klean Kanteen 27-oz. Bottle:

This water bottle has lasted us two years.  Lest you not be suitably impressed by this fact, let me describe some of the events in its daily usage:  it is routinely transported by being clipped to the backpack of a boisterous grade schooler, who throws this backpack across the playground blacktop without a second glance.  The bottle is thrown, hammered, and shaken on a daily basis.  And yet, it still survives.  Granted, we have had to literally hammer in the dents on the bottom of this bottle in order to get it to stand level on the countertop.  However, even this has been achieved with no perforations of the bottle itself.

Before we owned this particular bottle, we had been through six bottles in as many months.  Plastic, aluminum, other brands of stainless steel, we tried them all.  Only this one seems up to the task.  That said, it does have some slight disadvantages:  the narrow neck makes it hard to clean adequately, and it has been known to leak, but only if the stopper isn't fastened tightly enough.  This is a great water bottle.  I'm buying another for myself, but that one will have a far easier existence.

Love Klean Kanteens!

from Irmo, SC

Comments about Klean Kanteen 27-oz. Bottle:

Klean Kanteen is one of my favorite products from my last two years of shopping. I have four year old twins and a couple years ago started looking for a safe sippy cup for them. I found the Klean Kanteen 12 oz sippys and found them to be extremely durable, safe and easy to clean; basically I had finally found the perfect sippy cup. After replacing all of our plastic sippys, I started looking into larger water bottles for my husband and I. We tended to buy a lot of bottled water and that was a habit I wanted to break. However, I hadn't been thrilled with any of the water bottles I'd found in the past for various reasons: plastic, difficult to clean, metallic taste. I decided to try Klean Kanteen and bought two 27 oz bottles for my husband and I. I'm happy to report that two years later I haven't bought any single-serve water bottles since and our original Klean Kanteens are still going strong. We LOVE them. There is no metallic taste, they survive all kinds of abuse, they are dishwasher-safe and the customer service with Klean Kanteen cannot be beat. I emailed with a concern and received a phone call less than an HOUR LATER resolving my issue completely! Since buying our first Klean Kanteens I guess we have bought about 15 for gifts and to have a couple backups. I can't recommend them more, Klean Kanteens are great!

Okay, Heavy

from Los Angeles, CA

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Klean Kanteen 27-oz. Bottle:

I won this Klean Kanteen bottle back in 2006 when I attended Green Festival in San Francisico. I stopped by at Klean Kanteen booth and they were entertaining visiters with a little game. Just out of a pure luck, I won the game and they handed me a gift kit with a smile. This Kean Kateen is the best stuff that I got out of attending the Green Festival (well, besides more knowledge and updates on sustainability news/issues)!

It's been over 4 years and I'm still using it! Part of print/picture on the bottle has disappeared and there has some dents on the surface but it doesn't affect the usefulness of this bottle at all. It is extreamely durable and I do not have to worry about breaking (by dropping, etc) at all.

The only problem I have with the one I got is that it came with "Sports Cap" (the version they improved the design) and it tends to leak if I lay it horizontally. I guess I can buy the different type of bottle cap and I don't have to deal with the leaks at all (I'm just being lazy and it hasn't gotten to the point of acutually replacing it). I still give this bottle 5 stars because of its durability as well as it has saved me money as I do not buy bottled water anymore.

I take my Kleen Kanteen everywhere with me!

from Jonesville, MI

Comments about Klean Kanteen 27-oz. Bottle:

A few years ago, I decided to get rid of as much plastic as I could. I didn't know what to do about water bottles when we are away from home. I was nursing a baby and had a toddler, so I knew I would need to find something for my toddler to drink from and something for me. I saw the Kleen Kanteen after a search on the internet, and decided to give it a try. I was worried about spending so much money. What if it leaked, or didn't work right. What if I hated the way the water tasted from a stainless bottle?? I ordered the 27 ounce bottle for me, and the sippy for my daughter. I am so glad I did! We love our kleen kanteens. They never leak, if you put cold liquids in it, they stay cold. We now have 6 kleen kanteens. One for each member of our family. The stainless sippy has been passed down to our son, who is two. My husband has the 40 ounce, and my two daughters have 18 ounce bottles. The only down side is, they do dent if you drop them...

Kleen Kanteen is great!

from Manchester, IA

Comments about Klean Kanteen 27-oz. Bottle:

In attempt to be better towards our environment, I purchased a Klean Kanteen bottle to replace the umpteen million plastic water bottles that we use in our house. I have been very pleased with the Klean Kanteen bottle so far! At first I was worried that the fact that the bottle is stainless steel would mean that the water would taste like metal, but that has never been a problem! The water (and everything else that I put into the bottle!) always stays true to it's flavor with no off tastes whatsoever! I'm also very pleased with how securely the lid fits on the bottle and with the fact that this water bottle is sleek enough to fit in the cupholders of my car! It seems like every other water bottle is too bulky, which is irritating! This bottle is very durable and doesn't dent or break at all if dropped or bumped against something. It's so nice to not have to worry about BPA getting in our water anymore, Klean Kanteen is such a great product!

save the earth

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Klean Kanteen 27-oz. Bottle:

I have these bottles in about every type with several different cop options and love them all.  The only downside is having to wash the caps by hand.  (I'm a dishwasher gal.)  They are effective, attractive, and BPA-free.  I have one with me every day at work and every day when I am working out, and I've repurposed all of the assorted plastic containers that I used to use to hold my water and other beverages.  Note that Kleen Kanteens that are not insulated will sweat if you put cold beverages in them, so they cannot go next to items you intend to keep dry.  The insulated ones, though, do not have this problem.  This is a bottle that I hope to use for a very long time and that I hope to send to college with my kids (whcih is many years off, but I think we'll make it in terms of the durability of this product).  I cannot write enough positives -- highly, highly recommend this product for everyday use.

perfect in every way

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Klean Kanteen 27-oz. Bottle:

The klean kanteen is the perfect water/iced tea/whatever cold drink bottle, especially if you sometimes, like I do, forget to wash it out for a day (there, I've admitted it).  The stainless steel doesn't hold any smell whatsoever, which I can't say about my reusable hard plastic bottles.  So much so that I am not afraid to put iced tea or juice in it when I'm running out of the house on the way to work.  And, it doesn't leach into your drink like plastic or even aluminum do -- a health benefit along with the reusable earth-conscious quality of keeping one bottle instead of adding many to the landfill.  I have the "screw-on" top, and I really like it -- not too big, not too small of an opening.  I've been thinking about getting a sleeve for it, so it's not so cold to hold in my hands during winter -- but it has been great for getting me to drink more water.