Other Exercise & Fitness Accessories:
Nalgene
Nalgene Wide-Mouth Lexan Bottle

Nalgene Wide-Mouth Lexan Bottle

Bullet proof beverage.

A water bottle is not really that big a deal. You can get one almost anywhere, and they can be very inexpensive. If you buy water, it comes in a bottle for free. If you are going out in the woods, and need to be carrying water, you need to invest in a Nalgene water bottle.

Nalgene water bottles are tough. We used to make a game out of trying to break it, but never did, tough. (Which is why I can attest that if you fill it with water, freeze it, and then throw it off the fifth level of a parking deck, it will survive....twice.) The Lexan is also good at not retaining odors. The loop top lid attaches securely, without leaks, and can be used to hang the bottle from a belt or pack.

The wide mouth allows you add to regular ice cubes. It also matches up with most water purification systems, so if you're out on the trail for extended times it will serve you well.

I highly recommend this bottle.

Nalgene Lexan review - Not indestructible

This product is good at what it does, hold liquids, but I was surprised to find it doesn't handle the microwave very well. The strengths are: wide mouth opening for plenty of ice, and to scrub the bottom if needed to remove stains etc; strong loop between cap and body for clipping or hand-holding, strong outer material takes a good beating. I was frequently adding a bit of water and then microwaving to steam clean the inside of the bottle, this was good to remove any smells, stains, potential bactaria, whatever. Unfortunately on the fifth or sixth microwaving, a bubble formed in the lexan material itself, like a blister or boil expanding outwords. Thankfully I was watching it microwave as this happened so I quickly turned off the microwave, and attempted to push the heated material back in with a spoon, I got it closer to normal, but it was permanently bubbled in that one spot. Also I later melted the cap as it was resting behind/against a very hot pot. These are likely things you shouldn't do with this product, but I was surprised it couldn't take the heat. I ordered a new cap direct from the company and it still works well.

A great bottle for when you stop to smell the roses

from Ames, IA

About Me Environmentalist

Pros

• BPA Free
  • Easy To Carry
  • Good Capacity
  • Impact Resistant
  • Unique Design

Cons

• Camping
    • Everyday
    • Gym

Comments about Nalgene Wide-Mouth Lexan Bottle:

If you are anything like me, a sturdy water bottle is a must-have on all of your outdoor adventures. The Nalgene Wide-Mouth Lexan Bottle is a classic, USA made water bottle that I would highly recommend to anybody wanting a durable bottle while exploring nature. The lid is attached to the bottle with a strong loop and that is great for two reasons;
    1) You can't drop the lid!
    2) You can clip the bottle to a pack or belt loop with a carabiner while you are out and about!

This bottle also holds a whopping 32 ounces of your preferred beverage. The transparent plastic allows you to see how much liquid you have left in the bottle and line that amount up with the written measurements on the side. Those measurements give me some motivation to drink more water, but it could just be a useful measuring tool for other consumers.

The only downfall I see with this product is that the "wide-mouth" is too wide. I owned a different style of Nalgene with a narrow mouth opening in the past. I really enjoyed that bottle, but the opening was too small to fit any sponge or cleaning device in the bottle. The large opening on the Nalgene Wide-Mouth Lexan Bottle allows you to scrub the bottom if needed, but causes an issue while actually drinking from the bottle. If in motion, water often splashes out of the opening while I am trying to drink and goes all over my face instead of in my mouth. An easy fix would be to buy a splash guard to put in the opening. If do not want to spend that extra money, I recommend only drinking from this bottle while you are not moving around.

Despite my shirt sometimes getting a little wet, I do truly enjoy this product. It has a stylish look to it and the attached lid loop makes it easy to carry around. The bottle itself is extremely durable and has held up during some pretty intense falls down the sides of rocky hills. Even after those falls I have not experienced any issues with cracks or leaks. Overall, you can't go wrong with this bottle.

• Was this a gift?:

Amazing Water Bottle

from Utah

Comments about Nalgene Wide-Mouth Lexan Bottle:

I carry a water bottle with me a lot when outside (fishing, hiking, etc), and this is the best water bottle I have had. I had a different brand, but the bottom cracked when it fell on concrete. I had the Nalgene narrow-mouth bottle, but it was too difficult to clean. This one is perfect. I think this bottle is about indestructible. I have dropped it on hard surfaces multiple times without it breaking. It is easy to get a bottle brush down and clean the inside of the bottle. One small improvement I would make would be putting aplastic loop around the neck to carry it by. But I have a bottle belt with a carabiner on it, and that works just fine. I've heard some say that they don't like the wide mouth because water can splash out easily, especially if drinking while riding in a moving vehicle. But I use a splash guard that is made to fit inside, and it prevents this problem. All around, this is the best bottle I have had.

These bottles are great!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Nalgene Wide-Mouth Lexan Bottle:

I have one of these beside me as I write this. The Nalgene wide mouth water bottles are great! I was looking for a water bottle that would hold more water than other ones out there. I came across this one and thought that I would try it out. It was great! I like the wide mouth on it and that the cap screws and unscrews. I was also looking for one that was BPA free and this one is. I will say that I found it hard to clean until I got a scrub brush that was made to clean bottles and smaller things. After that it was easy to clean. I do think that you can put these in the dishwasher, but I had a friend tell me that every time she did her bottle would leave a soap taste. I would say that hand washing is the way to go. These are sturdy bottles. Mine has been dropped on pavement and still held up. These come in a variety of colors as well, so you can pick one that suits you. I have two of these bottles and may buy more in the future. They work well and I like that I can keep track of how much water I drink easier because I don't have to drink as many bottles because of the ounces.

Awesome water bottle!

Comments about Nalgene Wide-Mouth Lexan Bottle:

Okay, I drink a lot of water, and I am clumsy. So I decided that I needed a sturdy water bottle that wouldn't break if dropped. Nalgene, you guys hit the nail on the head-this bottle is very sturdy! I've dropped mine a lot in the 3 years I've owned it and it's a little scuffed but otherwise intact. I take it everywhere with me-walks, school, work, you name it. I did have to buy a new lid last summer because the original lid had stains on it that I couldn't remove. But that's to be expected when you use your bottle every day. Overall I give this bottle a 10. Wish I could give a higher score but 10 is the limit. So thanks, Nalgene. Please don't stop making water bottles!

Quality product that lasts FOREVER

Comments about Nalgene Wide-Mouth Lexan Bottle:

Nalgenes of all sizes were extremely popular with the outdoorsy crowd back when I was in high school ten years ago. When I went off to college, I lost track of the one I owned. I recently purchased a new colored one after seeing a friend purchase one.. I had completely forgotten how much I loved this product. These BPA-free bottles are incredibly durable. The bottles themselves can withstand being rolled over by a vehicle - and I can say that from experience. We put it to the test in high school. The caps are not quite as durable - with the right stress, the plastic that connects the cap to the loop around the bottle's neck can begin to fray. This is easily replaceable though. I also like that you can now purchase different types of caps that convert the wide mouth to a smaller one. I swap these out regularly depending on what I'm doing - exercising or working in the office. Finally, they're easy to keep clean. I've never had a problem with them getting stinky like some other plastic water bottles. They do well in the bottom rack of the dishwasher too!

Super Durable

Comments about Nalgene Wide-Mouth Lexan Bottle:

I bought my Nalgene over five years ago and it is still going strong. I have used it almost everyday for many years, and it never fails. The bottle is guaranteed for life, but I have never had to contact customer service because my bottle has been up to any challenge. The bottle holds 32 ounces, which seems like a lot, but if you go through a lot of water like me, the size is just about perfect. Anything smaller, like 24 ounces, I tend to get through in a day, and anything bigger because too bulky to carry around. The wide mouth on the lid is nice to fit ice cubes into, and allows me to gulp easily. The only problem that I might say is that sometimes I drink too fast and dribble a bit of water on myself since the opening is so big, but overall, it's not that much of an issue. The cap on it closes tightly, and I have never had a problem with it leaking out all of my stuff in my bag or car. I will definitely be hanging onto this for as long as I can.

easy to carry with you

Comments about Nalgene Wide-Mouth Lexan Bottle:

This is the bottle I use every day. It's easy to carry water with you everywhere you go. It also makes it easy to keep water by the bed. It's easy to clean and you always have available water. You can also put ice cubes in it easily because of the wide mouth. It also can handle dropping it. My only critique is it's hard to drink while moving or in the car because of the wide mouth, it splashes. I would recommend this water bottle.

Great bottle for great tasting water.

Comments about Nalgene Wide-Mouth Lexan Bottle:

I have always bought cheap water bottles in the past thinking there is no difference between a nalgene bottle and any other water bottle. I was wrong! This bottle doesn't give off any odors in to the water and is extremely durable. I lost one and quickly replaced it with another one.

I don't use cups any more!

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Nalgene Wide-Mouth Lexan Bottle:

I received this Nalgene waterbottle as a gift last Christmas, and I have not used a cup or a glass since that time. I love my water bottle! It is durable, and holds a good volume of water. It is very easy to clean either in the dishwasher or with a bottle brush by hand. Water looks attractive and tastes fresh. It fits in car cupholders and is easy to pick up and go. I have tried other water bottles and been dissatisfied with those. This has a good opening for drinking and isn't made with any aluminum (which gives water a tin taste). It is BPA free and a great product to use on the go, when working out, or just for every day. It is highly recommended!

Always the best

from Salem, OR

Comments about Nalgene Wide-Mouth Lexan Bottle:

I have exclusively used the Nalgene brand Lexon bottles for years. Time after time, they are one of the most indispensible hiking items I carry. Most any quality backpack has a compartment made special for these bottles. Most water filters have adapters available that fit, sealed on top of the bottle when filling. And if you hike where I do and dropped your bottle, you're extremely thankful that it's Lexon. They just don't break even with most accidental abuse. They also have adapters for the top with a straw that screw on to make it easier to use while doing activities so you don't get water down the front of your shirt. I have seven of these bottles and I'm not done yet.