Other Exercise & Fitness Accessories:
Gaiam Total Body Balance Ball Kit

Gaiam Total Body Balance Ball Kit

Pros

Cons

A pretty good way to workout!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Gaiam Total Body Balance Ball Kit:

The body balance ball does work your body out. It is easy to set up and use. The exercises that you do can be quite challenging at times, but the nice thing is that you can do the exercises that you want to your own intensity level. The ball comes with the pump and after a lot of pumps the ball is filled with air. It seals well so you don't have to fill it with more air as much. I also like the bonus things that come with it. This ball can be used for so many different exercises. I like that you can even just sit on it while watching television and it will be working your core. I have also heard of people bringing these to work to sit at a desk with instead of an office chair. I still have one of these balls sitting in my garage. I don't use it as much as I did when I first bought it, but it is still a good product that holds a good amount of weight. It is a unique and fun way to exercise and even my kids like to use this. It's a good way to stay in shape or to get in shape!

Best Balance Ball

Comments about Gaiam Total Body Balance Ball Kit:

I've gone through a lot of balance balls as I use several sizes for working out in our gym and I sit on one at my desk. Having gone through several brands I came across this kit on sale. I bought one, brought it home and inflated it. A week later, I was sold on this. This is a sturdy ball, better than the previous brands I've had. Even my SO liked this particular ball and he doesn't usually use them. I went to the store to stock up on them before they went off sale and bought more. Now we have an entire set of this brand. I also bought some for friends that I know would appreciate them. Even at full price, I would buy this kit.

I later found other products by Gaiam and purchased a few of them because I have faith in the quality of the products.

This is good for both beginners (make sure there's nothing in the way so you don't get hurt when you slide/fall off), and for people with balance ball experience.

The Gaiam Total Body Balance Ball Kit will rock you, literally!

from Greenbrier, AR

Comments about Gaiam Total Body Balance Ball Kit:

The Gaiam Total Body Balance Ball Kit is so awesome!! It works your total body if you want it to. The dvd sent with the kit really shows you how to have a great work out with the balance ball. I was skeptical about a ball being able to work a fellow like me out and have any results. Well let me tell you right now that i was a little sore from working out with the Gaiam Balance Ball. This is because it worked muscles out that don't normally get worked out. I have a bad lower back too and i could tell a difference with the pain when i started using the Gaiam balance ball. It was a good difference though because the balance ball is making my lower back stronger and i have less pain than normal. I love the way the Gaiam balance ball can and does work the entire body out. If a person wanted to they could purchase this Gaiam balance ball kit and never have to go to the gym and pay fees. That's how well the Gaiam balance ball works out your entire body. I can't say enough about the workout that you get with the balance ball. I would sugest getting one for yourself and trying it out. You won't be disapointed at all. The pump that came with the kit is great as well. It pumps up the ball very fast.

This seems to actually work!

from Oakland Gardens, NY

Comments about Gaiam Total Body Balance Ball Kit:

after a workout using the DVD in the Gaiam Total Body Balance Kit, i started to sweat which in my opininon means the ball is working. the woman in the DVD may be fast at time but the ball and rubber band absolutely work and with the DVD i know what to do with it. i would absolutely recommend the Gaiam Total BOdy Balance Kit.

Fun Workout

from Folsom, CA

Comments about Gaiam Total Body Balance Ball Kit:

This is a great workout - it seems easy but that's deceiving. Just trying to balance on the ball in itself is a workout for the abs/core. I could really feel the "burn" and my muscles being engaged during the exercises. Love the dvd that comes with the kit. I've worked on the balance ball before in coordination with weights, but the exercise bands work just as well and with more control. It was great to be able to incorporate new "moves" as shown on the dvd. I've always liked the "Gaiam Life" for yoga and fitness so I trusted the brand. I will certainly use this on the alternate days (from my cardio days on the elliptical) for strength and toning. It's always fun to add something new - exercising can be a CHORE sometimes. I would recommend this for anyone starting out or to anyone who wants to add to their regular routine. The cable company in my area has other exercise shows incorporating the exercise ball (on their "ON Demand" option) for variation.

Gaiam total Body Balance ball kit

from Rutland, MA

Comments about Gaiam Total Body Balance Ball Kit:

I totally love this ball and stretch band. The ball helps me to stretch out my back and is comfortable to use. The only downside, is I need to inflate more but can't get the plug out. It pumps up nicely and the plug stays in. The video DVD that came with the kit is awesome. It shows so many different exercises you can use that helps to keep your body strong. I have shoulder and neck problems so it has given me some exercises to help with that. I'm happy to say I enjoy this kit. I've purchased others in the past but this one exceeds the others. Its not that expensive and well worth the money. Try it. My kids watched the video too and tried some of the exercises so they can keep their body strong too. Make this investment in yourself and for your body, you'll thank yourself later on. Its a kit that the whole family can use to help tone and strengthen whereever necessary to maintain their strength. Go for it.

An excellent starter set.

from Coal City, IL

Comments about Gaiam Total Body Balance Ball Kit:

I purchased this set as a way to get started exercising at home rather than going to the gym every morning.  It was economical and easy to get everything I needed in one set...including the pump for the ball!  I started with the "bonus" DVD...which was a more mellow workout, great for me when I was just getting used to everything (it does not use the band included in the kit).  The other DVD offered upper body, lower body, and abs workouts utilizing the ball and the band, and it was great for giving me variety!  After more than a month, I'm still not bored with the workouts, and I've seen great results!  Gaiam offers more balance ball DVD's, and the workouts are very comprehensive.  I was afraid it wouldn't give me enough of a workout to just be home in the mornings, without all the machines that the local gym offers.  However, I've found that you really can work out your whole body with just this ball and band, it seems.

Tricky at first but once you get the hang of it it's great!

from Lebanon, PA

Comments about Gaiam Total Body Balance Ball Kit:

I have miniere's disease which causes me to have balance problem and I had bought this exercise ball to help with my stability.  It's pretty tricky to find your balance at first but once you get the hang of it it really works your core muscles and other muscle groups not worked by simple strength training.  I enjoy working out in front of the television so I don't have to miss my favorite shows. I don't have to choose between missing out on my shows or exercising!  I'm a neat freak and very organized so it's easy to store in a closet and doesn't take up much space at all!   It's also great entertainment to watch someone roll off the ball on their first time =). Just make sure there's nothing you can injure yourself on near you when you're exercising.   With a little patience and determination the first couple tries you can really get a feel for it.  it's very adaptable for any age and any level of exercise.

Perfect for beginners and those already in great shape

from Kahului, HI

Comments about Gaiam Total Body Balance Ball Kit:

The BalanceBall is an anti-burst ball and comes with an air pump. The ball itself comes in different sizes and colors. The Gaiam website offers a BalanceBall Beginners Workout DVD that offers a gentle workout fusing techniques from yoga, Pilates and traditional strength/flexibility training. You can also get this or other videos at mega-stores and outlet stores.