Other Dishwashers:

Pros

Cons

I love it...

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Built-in Dishwasher:

I like it vey much, does great job.

Noise Level
I feel it is very quiet.

Cleaning Time
To long, the times are very long even on a short wash.

Loading Flexibility
The silverware compartments should be fewer but bigger space.

Cleans very well.

The buttons are not in a good place on the front. If you lean or brush up against it, it turns on. Very sensitive. Either set the controls back more or place them on the top of the door.

Great

KitchenAid makes good dishwasher

from Jackson, WI

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Built-in Dishwasher:

This is a very nice dishwasher. I started looking for a dishwasher for my family after my old kenmore broke. It's not that kenmore is bad, the thing was just old. I looked around a lot for what brand I should get and kitchenaid came up a lot in my group of friends. I decided on this model and I'm happy!

• Loading Flexibility:

An adequate dishwasher that performs adequately.

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Built-in Dishwasher:

I have to scrub the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher or else food gets stuck. Sometimes the dish detergent container has residue in it. My round bowls don't fit that well into the upper rack. The cycle I use the most takes a long time-84 minutes.

Noise Level
I've been around dishwashers that make less noise, so that's why it's only 'good.'

Cleaning Time
Again, a long time for the cycle I use: Baked on cookware= 84 minutes. I usually leave my dishes in the sink, then have to scrub them off. Even if I do it right away, it has left residue, so that's why I use the baked on cookware. I tried putting them in the washer immediately after using them and running it immediately, and it has left food on the dishes.

Loading Flexibility
I haven't tried adjusting the bottom rack, so the dishes align facing the door. Now they line up facing the side walls. I thought that would be the best way to leave it since the detergent might be able to get between the dishes easier that way. It came from the manufacturer that way, anyway. I try to put pans along the sides of the bottom rack, and some fit. If I had the bottom rack the other way, I think it would be harder to fit in pans and dishes. Also, the detergent container has a latch that opens, and I think it would hit a dish or pan that was in front of it. The detergent container is somewhat low, so I have to make sure not to put any tall dishes or pans in front of it.

See above. I wonder if it really does save water v. hand washing. I try to run a full washer only; I have to rinse off anyway, so I don't really know if I'm saving water. I usually hand wash pots and pans b/c they take up so much room.

I've seen washers where there is an upper rack to lay out utensils; that may be a better way to clean them. The plastic spokes are contoured, so it's slightly awkward to fit certain dishes and bowls in the washer.
It has sprinklers above the top rack and below the top rack and below the bottom rack, which I like.

I've had it for 8 years.

• Loading Flexibility:

I would not buy any other brand.

from 170500

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Built-in Dishwasher:

Gets the job done the first time.

Noise Level
You are not even sure it is running.

Cleaning Time
Takes a long time but that is due to the energy savings.

Loading Flexibility
About the same as any other dishwasher except the interior seems to be a bit larger than the other KitchenAid I owned.

Wonderful is the only word.

What's to design -- it's a square box.

Great finish - easy to clean.

Cleaner Dishes and a Quieter Kitchen

from Mooresboro, NC

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Built-in Dishwasher:

In early November 2010 my wife and I made our way to the local home improvement center. We were in need of serveral appliances. Our greatest need was a new dishwasher. After reviewing several brands, on-line and in-store, we chose a KitchenAid Superba 4-cycle Dishwasher - KUDS 30IX.

We found the workmanship and stainless steel cabinet to be excellent. One of the greatest surprises we found was the quiet operating level of the unit. We have also been pleased with the numerous cycles that are available to us.

The only adjustment that we have had to make is that this particular model has a longer operating cycle than did our old Kenmore unit.

KitchenAid has always distiguished itself as a company offering quality products. While a little more expensive than some models, we have found time and time again that such costs will certainly be offset by years of care-free service. I certainly hope our new KitchenAid dishwasher will be as dependable and durable as the other KitchenAid products that we own (especially our KitchenAid stand mixer).

Thanks for such reliable products. Keep up the great work.

Warmest Regards,