Other Food Processors:

KitchenAid 9-Cup Food Processor

Pros

Cons

A durable kitchen necessity

We registered for this food processor as a wedding gift only because the lady in the store told me to.  I was not planning to get a food processor, because although I love to cook, I was not planning to make anything that high maintenance.  I am so glad she gave me the heads up.  I use this probably once a week and it saves me a lot of time and energy.

This model is big (12 cup capacity), so I don't have to worry about over-packing it, and it easily handles many carrots, potatoes, and celery.  The blade is still sharp and looks as nice as when I opened it.  I love that if I am making something like a marenade or a many-ingredient sauce, I can use the smaller 4-cup bowl and blade.  It just makes cleaning it up so much easier.

It only has three settings, so it is exteremly easy to operate, and you will never have to read the directions.  The pieces clearly and cleanly fit together, so I never have to hassle with trying to get everything back in its proper place after cleaning it.  It is a little heavy, but definitely managable, so I can keep it in the pantry.

One of my favorite perks is that it is all dishwasher safe.  The blades don't rust, and the plastic doesn't warp, so I can use high heat without having to worry about damaging it.  It also comes with an accessory kit that greatly increases its possible uses.

I have recommended this product to my mom and to friends who are getting married.  Although you may not use it every single day, it really is a smart purchase and does come in handy for larger chopping jobs.

My Kitchenaid Food Processo is a beautiful kitchen appliance!

My husband bought me this Kitchenaid Food processor and I was very impressed initially.   It's red, to match my other kitchen appliances and accessories, and it's a beautiful appliance.  However, within weeks of getting it, the button on the front that turns the unit off stopped working.  When I wanted to use it, I had to plug and unplug it to turn it on and off.  I only did that once or twice before I decided to call customer service and complain.

Kitchenaid customer service was wonderful!  They immeidately apologized for my inconvenience and agreed to send me a replacement food processor, along with a box and prepaid label to return the defective unit.  Kitchenaid sent me the same blender, except a slightly newer model within days.  Since having the replacement, I've had no trouble with it and it's proved to be a reliable appliance.  The size of the bowl is great, and it's easy to wash and keep shiny!  I don't mind having it sitting out on my counter all the time because it's such a beautiful red appliance.

very handy

from La Rue, OH

Comments about KitchenAid 9-Cup Food Processor:

I love this food processor. It is small enough to sit snuggly on the counter top, but yet large enough for all of my every day food processing needs. Being a mother of a 2 month old son, I am looking forward to making his baby food with this instead of buying the premade kind. Right now I use it with my daily cooking so I don't have to chop so much vegetables. This is perfect for finely chopping onions for soups, salads, dips, pizza, burgers, hotdogs, etc. I use it for carrots and celery, even potatoes sometimes. It will reduce bananas to a smooth mush for cakes or breads in no time. And it is excellent for making smoothies, both with fruits and with vegetables. This food processor is very reasonably priced and it is a bargain for the money. Clean up is really simple. I can take it apart and put the pieces in the dishwasher, what could be easier than that? And just wipe down the base and it's clean. This food processor is also very easy to use. And you can pulse it so you get your food to just the right consistency. Overall this food processor is such a huge time saver for me and I highly recommend it to anyone!

Kitchen Aid a Trusted Brand

from Machesney Park, IL

Comments about KitchenAid 9-Cup Food Processor:

Kitchen Aid does it again. I have never met a Kitchen aid product I didn't like. The power on this thing is amazing. I use it for bread crumbs, nuts, vegetables, cheese. everything. I have even used it for ice. The blades are sharp so be careful. But is has safety measures once it is in use that keeps you safe and the mess in the processor. One draw back is the ease of getting the container on and off. Some times I have to pull quite hard. Another thing is making sure that the safety mechanism is lined up to start it. Some times it takes a little force. But nothing beat how it reduces crackers to fine crumbs. And cleanup is very easy with dishwasher safe parts.

My first food processor

Comments about KitchenAid 9-Cup Food Processor:

I've never used a food processor before and i'm glad I finally received one as a gift. Since I don't cook for alot of people, the size of this food processor was great. I didn't need one of the bigger ones. Its very quick and great for when i'm in a hurry. Cleaning this processor was easy enough, as I just threw it in the dish washer and I was done. I've used this with plenty of fruit and also with protein shakes. I can mix fruit and protein shakes together and blend them very well. I think the main use comes from vegetables though. Everyone that cooks knows that prep time can be long sometimes, especially with complex recipes. Having you deal with plenty of different spices and vegetables, and this thing speeds up that process by a lot!

good basic processor

from Canonsburg, PA

Comments about KitchenAid 9-Cup Food Processor:

my husband bought me this food processor after doing lots of research

Power
it has good power but I have to knock things back down a few times to get chopped to my liking. This happens with most processors and is not a deal breaker for me.

Safety
not rocket surgery, you have to be mindful when using anything with blades that cut

Ease of Assembly
follow the instructions, not hard to figure out. Had to figure out the whole listening for the click to know it's in place. once that was done I was good to go

I throw it in the dish washer and have no issues at all

kitchen aid is great maker of durable kitchen products for years. always a good bet on any of their stuff

• Ease of Assembly:

Great kitchen appliance, just a bit bulky!

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about KitchenAid 9-Cup Food Processor:

This food processor can save oodles of time grating cheese, chopping up onions, or dicing celery. Because it is a bit bulky and has several parts to clean, I end up using a small hand-held chopper a lot more. I still love having this on hand, though, for when I am making a large batch of something or a recipe that involves a lot of chopping, dicing, slicing, or grating. The multiple blades that come with this provide plenty of options: my other chopper could not slice or grate things, so that's definitely a plus!

Power
Definitely has the force to do the job!

Safety
No problems with safety: It won't run unless the cover is shut.

Ease of Assembly
Pretty common sense to put together.

Not bad, but it does have several parts to clean.

We've had this for several years with no problems!

Love it!

Comments about KitchenAid 9-Cup Food Processor:

I love this food processor! It really can do practically anything! I use mine for food prep when I am making big meals and after buying things in bulk. For example- buy a huge block cheese and shred it for baggies, slice for sandwiches, etc.. I also make salsa all the time with the processor. I am able to make pico or blend a little more for regular style salsas. Taco night is a breeze with it. I put everything on my top shelf in the dishwasher to wash. I used to not use it as often as I should because I didn't want to deal with hand washing so I finally just gave in and started using my dishwasher- totally fine! When you first get it, it takes some practice and lots of instruction reading!

• Ease of Assembly:

KitchenAid 9-Cup Food Processor is a great addition!

from Tampa, FL

Comments about KitchenAid 9-Cup Food Processor:

Several years ago I bought the KitchenAid 3-cup mini food processor. It still works well, but I needed something bigger so I decided that since I'd had such good luck with the 3-cup, I'd buy the 9-cup and it did not disappoint!

The 9-cup food processor is powerful and dependable. It is very easy to use and does an even better job than the 3-cup processor. However, it also came with a 4-cup mini bowl and smaller blades which took the place of my 3-cup mini processor beautifully for the smaller jobs.

It's compact in size so it doesn't take up as much space as the larger processors, but this is just the right size for everything I've thrown at it!

• Ease of Assembly:

Versatile food processor by a great company

from Liberty, KY

Comments about KitchenAid 9-Cup Food Processor:

KitchenAid appliances are the best. If you can find an older model is good condition, buy it! Our previous food processor by them last over 30 years with absolutely NO problems. We replaced it with this one and are enjoying the experience. I love the versatility of the unit. It's very easy to use. Has a pulse button that's ideal. It easily mixes things evenly and incorporates your ingredients as it should. Leaves everything at the consistency that you want whereas an upright blender may over pulverize ingredients. Very easy to clean. Just take apart and rinse the components. Make sure you always use the tool included to push things in the chute. Do NOT put your fingers in there or allow children to operate the appliance without supervision!

• Ease of Assembly:

Makes baby food a breeze!

from Normal, IL

Comments about KitchenAid 9-Cup Food Processor:

My grandma bought this for my birthday last year so I could make baby food for my daughter and also can all of the apples into sauce and jelly from the season's harvest. This processor works really well. It has multiple blades and even a smaller blade and bowl that fit inside the larger one for small processing jobs (although I rarely use the small one...I tend to process in bulk batches). It is handy enough to have around to use weekly. I also use it to process nuts to make nut butters. Easy to use, clean. A little bulky to store. Pieces are dishwasher safe which is great! It also kneads dough, but I most often use my KitchenAid stand mixer for that.

Safety
If the button is "on" it will turn on when you plug it in.

Fantastic Hummus making animal

Comments about KitchenAid 9-Cup Food Processor:

This food processor is great for blending and grinding my spices and beans. It does have problems making stuff like peanut butter which require lots of strength to produce. Not many people using this processor make peanut butter in the food processor so no worries. I have had it for 2 years and still going strong. It is a little small so if you need big batches go with the 12 cup.