Other Vacuums:
Canister Vacuums
Kenmore
Kenmore Progressive Canister with Pet PowerMate

Kenmore Progressive Canister with Pet PowerMate

terrific for maintaining our household

The first thing we noticed about the Kenmore Progressive canister is that it's so quiet one can actually carry on a conversation while sweeping. It can even be used while the kids are napping in other parts of our home.This vacuum cleaner does a great job of cleaning; it has very good suction power. Our house has hardwoods throughout, with just a few area rugs. The vacuum level adjusts very easily & cleans both surfaces effectively, even both low pile & shag rugs. We have cats, and thus litter to sweep up- it accomplishes the task quite well & kicks nothing back out. It does an excellent job on cat hair as well. The long cord means I don't have to constantly stop to unplug & plug it in elsewhere. Furthermore, it has proven easy for us to use on stairs.The only trouble I've encountered is difficulty disconnecting the hose/handle from the wand. It takes quite a bit of thumb pressure to press the button sufficiently, but I'm getting the hang of dealing with that minor issue. Overall, we are very pleased with the vacuum. We recommend it highly & would not hesitate to buy it again.

Bummed Out - PetPowerMate Locked Up after 2nd use

My only complaint is that the PetPowerMate head locked up after about 2 uses.  Even without hair wrapped around it, it no longer spins.  I was depending on it to vacuum the dog hair out of the back of my Jeep Grand Cherokee.  I guess it's just not rated for Samoyeds.

Other than that the regular vacuum  works great on household carpet and rugs with many height settings.

The Progressive is the best vacuum cleaner EVER!

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Canister with Pet PowerMate:

I have gone through at least 6 vacuum cleaners since my cherished old Electrolux bit the dust. This Kenmore Progressive is hands-down the best vacuum EVER. I finally hauled my Electrolux to Goodwill, since the Progressive is even better.

• Maneuverability:
  • Ease of Maintenance:
  • Suction Performance:
  • Versatility:

THE BEST!

from Strong, ME

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Canister with Pet PowerMate:

This was a gift and it is the best! I have always thought uprights were the only way to go but this little sweetie is awesome. Great attachments and easy to use. The only con is buying the bags but as great as it cleans, well worth it!

• Maneuverability:
  • Ease of Maintenance:
  • Suction Performance:
  • Versatility:

Cleaned great, but fell apart :(

from Chesterton, IN

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Canister with Pet PowerMate:

I really liked this vacuum at first, despite the handle turning strangely when you rounded corners. It cleaned really well, the cord wound up back into the cannister every time with hanging up. But, after a year and a half of normal use, I had to duct tape the hose to the wand in two places, thereby making it useless for vacumming curtains, and cobwebs high up the wall. I use it still for my second floor where vacumming is done less often, but I have replaced it for the main parts of the house. For the amount of money I paid, I expected a much better product.

Be gone, pet hair!

from Westport, MA

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Canister with Pet PowerMate:

I remember the day I got this vacuum. After years of cheap and worthless vacuums, I took the plunge and bought a Kenmore Progressive. I remember the feeling of vacuuming my wool throw rugs and watching the pet hair by quickly sucked away. Amazing! It is light weight, easy to use and get around tiny spots in the house, and the cord was long enough to vacuum an entire room if not more. You could say I became obsessed with this vacuum....vacuuming not only rugs but couches and ottomans and chairs. We have 3 labrador retreivers who shed shed shed. I'd take the vacuum for granted some days, until I went to change the bag and realized that the vacuum have sucked 5 pounds of dog hair up! Holy smokes. I recommended this to a friend who also had a lab and she agrees - this is the best vacuum for pet friendly households.

Great Kenmore Vacuum!

from Parrish, FL

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Canister with Pet PowerMate:

I got this product after a recomendation from my grandmother who swears by Kenmore vacuums. I have loved every minute of using it! I have three types of flooring in my house, carpet, tile and vinyl. It cleans all these surfaces very well. The suction on this machine is very powerful. You can feel the pressure of it against the floor while you are vacuuming. The cord on this machine is very long. This has helped me save time so I don't have to stop and move the cord from every room I go to. We used to have 2 dogs and it would clean up their pet hair very well. The only con I would say is that it is a little loud. I have missed phone calls a few times because I wasn't able to hear it over the noise of the vacuum. The vacuum is very sturdy and made out of quality materials. This is a vacuum that will last for a long time and that I will be able to use for years.

wonderful canister vacuum

from Bryan, OH

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Canister with Pet PowerMate:

This vacuum is wonderful. I have mainly used a upright vacuum for many years and it just did not do the cleaning the way I wanted. So I bought a Progressive and it is the best. It cleans very well and the cord is retractable and long. Has many attachments that help with the cleaning also. It has a pet brush that can clean well and all the attachments are enclosed inside the sweeper which is great and i can easily find them without them falling off the sweeper when I am using it. Bags are quite expensive but they do last for a long time.The height adjuster needs some improvement as it broke soon after it was purchased

Kenmore vacuum is the best I ever had

from Yorktown, VA

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Canister with Pet PowerMate:

My parents gave us the Kenmore vacuum as a house warming gift.  We purchased a house that was all hardwood floor with one room of carpet.  I didn't want an upright since most of the house is hardwood.  I LOVE this vacuum.  It has great suction and is easy to switch between carpet and hardwood/tile.  We have two dogs and it sucks up all dog fur we end up with all over the house.

It is a bagged vacuum and I prefer that.  I can just remove the bag easily and dispose of it.  There is nothing I have to clean or risk dumping all the dust and dirt back all over the house.

The Kenmore vacuum includes great attachments.  I can clean the all the cobwebs from the corners, the cat hair from the furniture and dust the end tables.  The best attachment is the pet fur attachment.  It has a rotating piece that picks up every bit of fur.

The cord is a great length and allows me to get a good distance before I have to move it again.  I can get all the way down the hall and almost all the bedrooms in one sweep without having to unplug it.  Really makes cleaning go much quicker.

Kenmore Progressive With Petmate

from Elyria, OH

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Canister with Pet PowerMate:

I have to admit, I wasn't sure about going from an upright to a canister vacuum.  I had always used the lower end models, and have always had, what I thought, were good results.  Boy was I wrong.  When I first brought this vacuum home, I wasn't sure the cost was worth it, but is is.  I have never been a fan of the bagless vacuum, because of having to empty the cup, which in my opinion makes another mess, so that was one of the reasons for this purchase, and also reading the reviews.  I was amazed at the amount of dirt this vacuum sucked up the first time I used it.  It was really gross.  The HEPA bags help to keep the dust contained to the vacuum instead of seeping out into the air to be redistributed.  The petmate attatchment has been fantastic at keeping the animal hair off my furniture and also makes it easy to clean the floor to ceiling cat post.  We have three cats and a long haired dog, so a good vacuum was a must in this house.  I would highly recommend this one.

Excellent value

from Kirkland, WA

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Canister with Pet PowerMate:

The Kenmore Progressive canister vacuum is my second Kenmore canister vacuum, and the reason I buy this type of vacuum is that it’s the kind I grew up with, the kind my mom used.  The thing I like about the Kenmore is that it’s decent quality with a good price tag.  Therefore it has great value – my favorite way to buy!

The Progressive has served me well over the last two years.  I have three small children and so we use the vacuum almost daily.  I love the hard floor attachment as it really gets all the crumbs up easily.  The carpet floor attachment has some great features too:  You can easily change the height of the vacuum from the floor by specifying what type of carpet pile you have.  It also has a nice light on the front so you can see all the dirt just before you suck it up.  The other attachments are great for cleaning couches, getting into narrow spots and along the wall edge, plus I like to use the little pet cleaner attachment for cleaning our steps.

I have found that this version of the Kenmore canister vacuum uses more plastic over metal, and the plastic is more flimsy than it used to be.  The cover over all the attachments does not move open and closed very well because the plastic sticks and flexes.  Other than that, I’m very happy with this product!

A great liteweight vacuum that helps keep my house clean!

from La Junta, CO

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Canister with Pet PowerMate:

When we were shopping for vacuums for our new home, we were considering buying a Dyson. When we realized that was cost prohibitive, we began doing research and really liked what we read about the Kenmore brand.

This is a fantastic little vacuum. It is extremely lightweight, and easy to carry up and down the stairs. I am able to use it for my hardwood floors, my kitchen/bathroom tile, and my carpet. I love it's versatility.

It has several easy to use attachments that make cleaning just about any room very simple. We do not have pets, so we have yet to try the pet mate, but are happy to have it for when that day comes.

We vacuum 2-3 times a week and the original bag with the vacuum cleaner lasted almost 6 months. However, at about 5 months it began to smell when we used it, and even though light to replace the bag still hasn't come on, we went ahead and replaced it, and notice a big difference in the suction power.

This is an excellent cannister vacuum, its easy to manuever, the cord is super long, allowing me to only have to plug in two places for my entire upstairs, and I love it!