3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Another super Kenmore Vacuum cleaner!

I recently purchased the Kenmore Intution, after owning Kenmore canister vacs my whole adult life. This one  is as good as ever and has so many new features to make cleaning simpler and easier than before. It has the usual on board attachments, a handy conversion for hard floors (love that!), a retractable cord and the bags are so easy to change. I have a long haired dog that sheads a lot and tracks in dirt, but this vac cleans up on both carpeted and hard floor surfaces. My old Kenmore vacs have held up so well that they end up in the garage, bring used to clean cars after I buy a new one for the house. Consumers Reports and I agree - Kenmore Canister vacs rule!

Not happy with my Kenmore Intuition Vac

I have had problems with my Intuition vac.  The cord keeps rewinding itself, the part for bare floors falls out if I am carrying my machine down the steps and my "suction" is not great.  It is in the shop and is only 2 months old.  Anyone else with these problems???

Reliable and effective vacuum cleaner

Comments about Kenmore Intuition Canister Vacuum:

This vacuum has a hepa filter system that prevents dust from escaping. It also reduces the musty odor that often comes with vacuuming. The suction is strong. There are a few design flaw annoyances. The head light goes off when switching to bare floor, The height of the vacuum head is too high to fit under most furniture (this is the most problematic) , and it doesn't roll straight. Kind of like a wonky shopping cart.

Maneuverability
Won't roll straight

I've had it for approximately 3 years with no problems

Super Duper Sweeper!

Comments about Kenmore Intuition Canister Vacuum:

I absolutely love this sweeper! Its extended bar feature is great for removing spider webs out of corners and off the ceiling. Its mini sweeper head attachment is great for removing dog hair off my furniture! I also love the automatic cord winder, I don't even have to bend over! It is the most powerful sweeper I've ever owned, sucks up dirt like a whirlwind. The extra long cord is wonderful too, so I don't have to use an extension cord with this. The green and red lights indicating whether the dirt has been removed from the floor is a nice feature too. I love that the bare floor attachment pops out of the main head with a push of a lever( use my foot). This tremendous sweeper also has a high, medium, low feature for the different types of carpet, adjusting it to just the right level you might need. Canister sweepers have always been my favorite, but this one takes the cake!!! The price may seem high for a sweeper, but let me tell you , this one is worth every penny! All my Kenmore sweepers that I have used over the years, have lasted for years. Since I have pets and children, I sweep almost everyday; so you can imagine how much use my Kenmore gets. You won't be sorry you bought this fine Kenmore canister sweeper- Happy vacuuming, this sweeper will make you feel like singing while you clean!!!

Not a very good vacuum.

from Newburgh, NY

Comments about Kenmore Intuition Canister Vacuum:

I bought this vacuum as a secondary vacuum to clean our finished basement. It barely does the job and we do not use the basement very frequently. The vacuum doesnt have very much suction power. It is hard to maneuver around and is bulky despite its small size.

Maneuverability
Hard to mauevr. Tips over alot when going around corners.

Ease of Maintenance
Easy to empty but thats about it.

Suction Performance
Doesnt pick up much. Makes a very high pitched sound at times and seems to lose suction frequently.

Versatility
Bulky for a smaller vacuum.

Tips over alot. Not easy to move around. Cord not very long.

Have had the vacuum for awhile but dont use it very much. So far havent had any problems. Has a few scrapes on the canister part.

• Versatility:

better than a robot vacuum cleaner

from Mililani, HI

Comments about Kenmore Intuition Canister Vacuum:

The new Kenmore Intuition is its own robot vacuum cleaner. It tells you where its really dirty with a red light so you vacuum until it turns green, has a hepa filter to prevent dust from being spewed out as in other regular vacuum cleaner (no dust smell or allergies), runs very smoothly, is very quiet- you could vacuum around pets and babies and not scare them.

It also has a sleek, beautiful build- is not clunky although slightly heavy due to the heavy duty mechanism, able to efficiently do shag rugs like in my house, pick up 98% of the stuff on the floor, not get tangle-up accidents due to safety device that is much more sensitive, and is able to pick up and go with a push of a button from vacuum roller to floor cleaner.

I like my Kenmore Intuition so much that I find vacuuming a pleasure, and know that after I am done, I did a good job with all green lights.

The buyer must be told though, that you must purchase two filters, which last quite a while, and bags for the inside which are the safe side as some of the older models of Kenmore vacuum clean of that type. I still used my old bags after my 15 yr old Kenmore pooped out. I had four Kenmores in our home and they all lasted more than ten years with good care. One lasted 20 yrs!! I put my trust in this brand. Thank you, Kenmore. Many kisses for the Intuition, magician.

The Best vacuum for the size

from Le Roy, NY

Comments about Kenmore Intuition Canister Vacuum:

This vacuum is a WONDERFUL vac for its size.  We have a dog and 2 cats and it does a great job on picking up the hair.  I love that I can remove the container that collects all the hair and stuff from the floor and just dump it in the garbage.  It is bright yellow in color which was another plus for me since my favorite color is yellow!  The long wand allows me to get high up in the corners and get all the cobwebs.  We have hard wood floors and the power in this canister allows me to get in the cracks of the floor to get everything.  I also cut my husband's hair and I get the vacuum out after and it cleans everything up nicely.  No more tracking hair all through the house!!  There are 3 attachments where I can vacuum up our furniture and get down deep in the couch.  The floor attachment allows me to vacuum up a bigger area and it takes less time.  I highly recommend this vacuum to everyone.

I love my Kenmore Canister Vaccuum!

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Kenmore Intuition Canister Vacuum:

My Kenmore Canister Vaccuum is amazing.  It goes where I want, down the sides of furniture, underneath low-lying coffee tables, and everywhere a normal vaccuum could not.

I own two cats, one of which sheds tremendous amounts of fur.  This fur gets on the baseboards, on my furniture, under and behind everything.  I can't sit down without having fur come away with me.  My Kenmore Canister Vaccuum gets it up when I vaccuum, keeps it in the canister until I am ready to change the bag, and I'm done with it.

A lot of people seem to go for the bagless vaccuums - I think the bagless vaccuums are more hassle to clean.  The bags are not that hard to handle, and if you do it right, the bags don't tear, they don't poof the dust out, and it doesn't spill back out over your carpet.

Sure, you have to drag the canister around the house with you - but by working backwards, you easily get everything done, going downstairs, instead of up, and you push the canister away from you at the same time, creating a clean environment that is just that much better by having the Kenmore Canister Vaccuum over any bagless vaccuum.

I can't believe I switched to a canister vacuum cleaner.

from Beverly Hills, FL

Comments about Kenmore Intuition Canister Vacuum:

I wanted to buy a quality vacuum cleaner after having a crappy, loud bagless Drit Devel for two years.  I still had my Panosonic upright but it was old (22 years) and not as powerful as it had been but still worked better than the Dirt Devel which broke after two years of light use.  I went to Sears after checking with Consumer Reports and learning that Kenmore was rated at the top.  I tried several brands of uprights then for some odd reason I tried the **Sears Kenmore Intuition canister vacuum**.  C.R. rated the canisters better at picking up pet hair, etc.  So after testing the Dyson and the different Kenmores, I finally decided that the Intuition canister vac was the best all-around, multi-purpose vacuum.  It was on sale too. The bags are not expensive which was very important for me.  The bagless vacs aren't as dust free as the bag type vacs, so I am VERY happy with my choice of buying a bagged vac.  I never thought I would ever go back to a canister vac but it is much easier to maneuver than the uprights and it also have a bare floor brush which is very easy to switch to.  You don't even need to use your hands.  Products change over the years so try a canister vac again if you haven't in awhile.

good machine, but not great

from Boston, MA

Comments about Kenmore Intuition Canister Vacuum:

This is a good vacuum, but it's not great.  The carpet cleaner undercarriage broke within 1 year and haven't been able to fix it.  The carpet portion of the vacuum works still, but not as well.  The suction is good, but the nozzle for suction control continues to slide, unless I hold it to maintain continuous "high" suction.  Vacuum bags are expensive.  However, with 2 cats and a dog it does the job on rugs, furniture and wood.  The Hepa filter is also a plus.

noisy & doesn't pick up dog hair well, the attraction for me.

from Cary, NC

Comments about Kenmore Intuition Canister Vacuum:

I researched a variety of vacuum cleaners prior to this purchase, and was NOT thinking of another Kenmore cannister, but the reviews were so good, I finally acquiesced. I wanted a new vacuum that would pick up dog hair, and the reviews said this was the one.

Just as with my other Kenmore cannister, however, this one doesn't do corners well, it overturns easily, it is HEAVY and NOISY, and it picks up only what is in the line of the suction. When vacuuming floors, you have to run over every square inch of floor space to pick up everything -- there's no side suction at all. The carpet attachment is not as strong as I had hoped, so the dog hairs stay in the carpet.

Live and learn...though I don't know what else to do in terms of finding a vacuum cleaner that picks up all the dog hair!!!

Not happy with my Kenmore Intuition Vac