3.1
Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher

Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher

3.1

Works Great

After our current Kenmore dishwasher stopped working, my husband and I did some research on new dishwashers.  After reading Consumer Reports, customer reviews, and looking around at dishwashers in various stores we decided to buy the Kenmore White 24" Built-In Dishwasher with Ultra Wash System - model 1346.  Kenmore dishwashers get great reviews overall from Consumer Reports, and we had been very happy with our previous Kenmore dishwasher before it broke down.  (It had come with the house we bought so we have no idea how old it was.)  I like both the look of the new dishwasher, and I like the layout/design of the interior.  We have had the dishwasher for about a month now, and it works great.  My dishes always come out clean, and even though I never use the heated dry option my dishes still dry very well and rarely have any spots on them.  (It's usually only the plastic items that may end up with water spots.)  The wash cycle generally takes about an hour and a half to run, which is about the same as my old dishwasher.  It's not the quietest machine, but it's not too loud in my opinion.  We are still able to watch TV in the next room without the sound of the dishwasher interfering with us hearing the TV.  The only downsides for me is that the inside baskets are a bit smaller than my last dishwasher, I wish the heated dry option did not automatically come on with every wash cycle, and I wish the time delay had more options than just 2, 4, and 6 hours.  Otherwise I am extremely happy with this dishwasher.

Elite doesn't mean complete!

I just recently re-did my entire kitchen.  I thought for sure that getting a Kenmore "Elite" dishwasher would be a dream.  I had had the same dishwasher in my old condo that was 10 years old - really I should have probably done it all by hand at that point - I was so excited to have a NEW dishwasher.  Now, being careful, I always make sure that I get really sticky stuff off, and rinse all my dishes and cups.  But, really, should a dishwasher that is brand new still leave greasy residue on my plastic containers, and soap film on my glass cups?  NO!  But this does.  I use the kind of soap it says to use, and have even tried using the high temp washes, but nothing works!  I am so angry and will be calling for a repaiman to come and look at what is going on.  I would expect that with as much money as we paid for this thing, and the reputation that Kenmore has that it would work perfectly.  I am very disappointed.

Never get Kenmore!

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher:

Loved the dishwasher for the first 2 years. Then suddenly the main control board stopped working. If you look at many other reviews online this is very common, and even replacement boards are not working. The dishwasher is junk. I would highly recommend you choose another brand.

• Noise Level:
  • Cleaning Time:
  • Loading Flexibility:

Not the best, but suits us fine

from Ft Mitchell, KY

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher:

I want to start by saying that we have purchased many Kenmore appliances, with 'mostly' excellent results. This dishwasher is no exception, although I often have issues with dried food remaining on the silverware. I have noticed that the type of dish washing detergent does make as huge difference, and the silverware gets (and all other items, even baked/cooked on pots/pans) completely clean with certain detergents, and not so much with others. This model is fairly quiet, and the cycles are reasonably short. I have had quieter dish washers, but this one (for the price) is quite good, without having to spend our children's inheritance! Since the cycles are shorter to me than our previous models, I believe we are using less water, and therefore spending less per cycle. I would buy this again.

Loading Flexibility
I have a few items that I just cannot fit into this washer...but, to be fair, they haven't fit in previous ones either, so I think it is the size of the items, and not the fault of the dish washer.

Silverware sometimes has remaining particles of food, but with certain detergents this is not a problem at all.

Works well with pretty much any decor...it is a dish washer, and so fairly standard look that fits in with just about everything. The controls are very simple to manipulate and understand.

I tend to believe the durability will be very good, but we have had it for less than a year (still looks new), so it is tough to predict.

• Noise Level:
  • Cleaning Time:
  • Loading Flexibility:

Kenmore Dishwashers are Good Products

from Savannah, GA

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher:

When we moved into our new home a few years ago, this is the dishwasher that was built in to the house. I was pleased that the builders went with Kenmore appliances, as my experience with them is almost always positive. This was a bit higher end dishwasher than the one in our old home, so that was a positive as well.

I like that it is quiet and easy to run. It sanitizes well.

However, like all dishwashers, sometimes the dishes just don't come out clean. I have never found a dishwasher that did a perfect job though, so this definitely isn't a deal breaker. Also, plastic items are still wet even after a drying cycle, but I have also never found a dishwasher that did this effectively either.

I don't like that our top rack is out of line. Not long after we started using it the top rack pulled off track and while we can use it, it isn't the easiest to get in and out every time.

I also don't like the amount of time it takes to do a load of dishes. It seems like it must take a lot of electricity to heat and run as much as it does.

All in all, it is a good dishwasher as far as dishwashers go.

I wouldn't buy this dishwasher again

from Cokato, MN

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher:

Since day 1 this dishwasher hasnt' got our dishes very clean..I've tried different detergents, hard water detergents and rinsing aids and still they aren't as clean as I would like them. We will definately be buying a different one when we move!

this dishwasher works like a charm

from Lancaster, CA

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher:

The kenmore stainless steel 24 inch built in dishwasher with ultra wash system 1346 is a really nice dishwasher its quiet not very loud it gets my dishes very clean its able to hold alot of dishes and silver ware as well as pots and pans its very simple to operate i would recommend this dishwasher to all my family and friends and i will tell them all about how my dishwasher saves energy and time and takes alot of the work out of cooking dinner no cleaning up dishes afterwards. The kenmore brand is a brand that my family have trusted for many years and several of my  closest friends have the kenmore brand dishwasher as well during holiday weekends its nice to have this dishwasher when the dishes are piled up to the sky you can load the dishwasher and in minutes the job is done i always look for a major brand when im buying new appliances for my home its well worth the money to me thank you

It does the job and looks nice doing it.

from Lebanon, OR

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher has been an excellent choice for us. We do an average of three dishwasher loads per day. We have had this dishwasher for nine months and so far so good. My dishes come out clean every time. The cycles does seem to take a long time to run but it is very quiet making it easy to run any time of day. There are great options for arranging the dishes. The baskets are deep enough to arrange pots and pans and other dishes however I need to. There is plenty of space for the eating utensils as well. Our last dishwasher had a slightly longer basket on the bottom and I do miss that some but overall this one has enough room. We are a family of seven and need a reliable dishwasher and this one has proved to be reliable for us. The stainless steel on the front has been fairly easy to clean though fingerprints do drive me crazy at times but not a faulty feature of the dishwasher. I love the options on this one as well such as a sani rinse, smart rinse and the delay options. Great dishwasher and we would buy it again!

I love my dishwasher!

from Creswell, OR

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher:

OUr disherwasher quit on us about 4 years ago and when we went in to get a new one, i knew i wanted one that was going to last. my mom always had kenmore, i i knew it was a brand i could trust. i love my dishwasher, i can put my dishes in all dirty and hit the rinse cycle and then when that is done put them on the normal wash. they come out nice and clean! if i don't have very many dishes (which is very rare!) i can put them in on the light wash and it doesn't take very long and they are done and nice and clean! i have 2 kids and no time to stand around forever rinsing dishes before they go in, so this dishwasher has been a lifesaver for me! it allows me to hurry up and go play with my kiddos!it also has a 2 or 4 hour delay washe cycle and i have used that many different times so it will start up after we've gone to bed so we can sit in absolute slience while the kids are sleeping and just have some quiet time!

I love Kenmore, But the dishwashers are??????

from Altamonte Springs, FL

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher:

I am a true believer in Kenmore, but  the Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwashers are very questionable....????

After only 2 years of using my dishwasher maybe once per week (Its just my 14 yr old and me), my dishwasher is running so hot, it turned the racks brown!!

I adjusted my hot water heater not knowing that it has nothing to do with my dishwasher running so hot, its going to melt the insides...

Kenmore needs to explore the dishwashers more for me to buy another Kenmore...

Elite doesn't mean complete!

from Marina, CA