Other Clothes Dryers:
Electric Dryers
Kenmore
Kenmore 600 Series  5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Pros

• Easy to use (7)
  • Large capacity (6)
  • Quiet (6)
  • Works quickly (6)
  • Adjustable temperature (5)

Cons

• Bulky items (6)
  • Everyday clothes (6)
  • Sheets & mattress covers (6)
  • Towels (6)
  • Delicate (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (4), Heavy duty user (3)

A multi use dryer that I can appreciate.

I have had this dryer for a while now and I am happy with it. It took me a few tries to get it balanced and keep it from sounding like it was going to shake the house down, but once I balanced the feet, I have had absolutely no issues with shaking or noise.

It's a front load dryer so it's easy enough to load the machine. I try to keep loads at less than half the drum capacity, which is a full wash load in the matching washing machine. The dryer has the ability to set the timer or to set it to adjust itself to know when the clothes are dry and there is little humidity left. I find the self dry timer option is more hit or miss because sometimes things are a little damp and other times, I cut it off myself to find perfectly dry clothes. For me, the best timer works at around 45-60 minutes for a full washer load of clothes. It works well with a water catch, too. We installed the hose to a cup of water to catch the blow out and lint since we didn't want to cut a hole through our upstairs laundry room floor.

The lint trap on this is easy to change out and it can actually go a couple of loads before I need to change it. I do wash the lint trap out regularly, though, because even after cleaning the net there are still dust particles that won't come out without a quick spray down. Overall it has been a good dryer and I will likely continue using this set until it can no longer be serviced.

Do not buy!

I got this drier a while back and have had nothing but trouble with it. I would go as far as saying this was a very big waste of my money. With in the first week the heating element went out and within a few days the belt went out as well. In the last 6 or so months that I have had it I have had to replace the connections for the heating element, the plug and some other small stuff. I honestly think I have and to spend more money fixing it then what I put into it just to buy it.

Load Capacity
I will give it this. I am able to put in a decent load of laundry and when the heating was working right, was able to dry the good.

Besides the parts going out it did get the clothes dry. But of course that was only when everything was working correctly. Otherwise you had soaked clothes even after 2 hours of "drying".

I will say the controls were easy to read and user friendly.

I am not too keen on the dents and scratches this machine got from bouncing around while being used. And yes the machine was level.

Reliable and Durable!

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

Our Kenmore came with our house, and it was looking a little beat up. Instead of immediately purchasing a new dryer, we decided to see how it stood up to our use. And it is doing wonderfully! We did have to replace the heating element and the band that spins the drum, but that cost was less than buying a new rig. It quickly dries our clothes and doesn't have all the fancy bells and whistles that can be confusing. I used to be a Maytag girl, but after seeing this baby go through the abuses of a LOT of laundry (two kids and a very messy husband) including cloth diapers, I am quite pleased with the durability and reliabiltiy of this Kenmore.

Load Capacity
It holds a LOT of wet heavy laundry without too much of an issue, and the only thing that comes out of this machine slightly damp, is when I wash my queen size comforter.

We've replaced both the heating element and the barrel band, but considering how much use this machine gets from us, I am not complaining!

Toss your wet clothes in, check the temperature and size, and you are pretty much done!

We have abused this machine for a couple of years now, and it is still going strong!

While not as stylish as some of the models out there now, I would not trade in my clunky looking Kenmore!

• Load Capacity:

This is a great product!

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I absolutely love this dryer. I was a little skeptical at first as I have heard mixed reviews about Kenmore appliances. The price was right and I was able to combine a good sale along with an online cash back offer, so I thought I would give it a try. I have been very happy with the performance of this dryer and have only had to complete one repair on it in the past seven years. The thing I am most impressed with is the efficiency of the dryer. The inside of the dryer is very spacious, which makes it efficient when drying clothes. There are a number of different settings to choose from. I typically dry my clothes on the regular/high heat setting and choose the wrinkle rid option. There is also an option for the dryer to buzz once it senses the clothes are dry. I did have to have a bearing fixed after about five years of use. It was an easy repair and was completed by a local appliance repair company. Overall, I am very impressed! I would definitely recommend this product to my friends.

Can't Beat a Kenmore!

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I believe Kenmore is the only brand of dryer I've ever used - and it's what my mom used. I give it an overall rating of 10 because it's just a good dryer. Drys my clothes, never stopped working and just no issues at all.

Load Capacity
I wouldn't overload it but it holds a good sized load of laundry.

I am happy with Kenmore's performance. I can set the timer and the clothes are dry in 20min. every time.

Pretty simple to use. I put the settings where I want them, set the timer and that's it. Nothing complicated about it.

Kenmore has a reputation for durability. We have 4 kids and 3 grandkids -and it's withstood all the tests!

My Kenmore is a simple, plain design which is fine for me and my family. It fits our simple lifestyle.

• Load Capacity:

I love this Kenmore 600 Electric Flatback Dryer.

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I purchased this Kenmore Dryer to replace my old one. It was on sale and I purchased in a set with the Kenmore Washer. I wash everyday and it takes a durable dryer to keep up with my high wash volume. This dryer gets the job done. It dries my comforters which was the hardest thing to get dry with my previous dryer. I am able to dry large loads of jeans and they are thoroughly dried. I have no problem drying large loads of laundry and this dryer gets everything nice and dry. I like the different settings on the dryer. The delicate setting is something I use a lot. I am able to dry my delicate garments and not have to worry about shrinking or ruining them in anyway. I have been using this dryer now for the last couple years and it still works just as good as the day I purchased it. It isn't one of the most expensive brands and it's not to fancy but it gets the job done like it is. This dryer is efficient and reliable. It is well worth it's cost and a great buy.

Do not buy!

Load Capacity

I will say the controls were easy to read and user friendly.

Perfect Dryer

from Portland, TX

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I would highly recommend this product to anyone who wants a durable dryer in their home. This dryer is very affordable and actually works better than any "top of the line" dryer I have used. It dries very quickly and it saves a lot of time and money. It has many settings, including a "energy-preferred" setting which really does save energy and leaves clothes just dry enough to not waste any time or energy. The design of the machine is practical and the set up is very easy to use. There are settings to fit any family's needs and all of the functions are easily accessible for people of any size. It is also perfect for families because there is a large amount of space, which optimizes the drying time, as well.

The only suggestion I would have would be to have some sort of alarm or buzzer when the drying cycle is complete and maybe to make this model available in more color choices.

best dryer ever

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I previously had a Maytag dryer, it broke and I found myself needing to replace it. I purchased this dryer and found it to be every bit as good as the overpriced Maytag dryer. It is also easy to use and has a quiet motor. I will continue to use this brand because of it's efficient nature and recommend this appliance to others. I have

Long lasting product!

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

Honestly, I don't think I've ever used a dryer that wasn't Kenmore because I've had the same one pretty much my entire life! When I was growing up, I had this exact dryer and it continued to last all the way until my adult years! It's lasted so long and it still works great up until it finally gave out! I would recommend this to anyone looking for great performance and long lasting results, because this Kenmore dryer isn't going anywhere for a very long time! The only flaw I see with it is the design is not as sleek and "new" as so many of the other dryers are today, but I would prefer this dryer over any other because of it's great performance. It has an adequate load capacity I feel, but it's enough for large families and works well in small places since it's not too big. It's very easy to use and figure out, and it's very easy to adjust to! I would recommend this dryer to anyone shopping for one currently, because the quality is great for the price. Kenmore products in general are great, and the dryer will last for a very very long time! Its durability is great, its performance is great, and overall- the best dryer from what I've experienced-because I've only had Kenmore in my lifetime!

It is a great dryer.

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I just bought this dryer for myself. The performance is great. I have absolutely no complaints with mine. It is a lot better than my old one, which we have had forever. I only wish that I had went out and bought this new Kenmore dryer a lot sooner than I did.

Works great

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We have used a Kenmore dryer for about ten years (no, not the same one). It works great most of the time and it doesn't make that much noise. However, sometimes it doesn't dry all of the clothes completely, especially jeans, and I have to run most of the clothes through again.

Load Capacity
This can hold a lot of clothes, but when we put a too much clothes in, most of them are still damp when it finishes. It works better if you do smaller amounts of clothes at a time. It can still hold a ton of clothes in case of emergency (wash day).

Like I said, sometimes it doesn't dry all of the clothes completely, but it will work better with smaller loads.

These are really easy to use and they don't have a lot of confusing dials or buttons.

These last a long time! We have had the one we have now for about 4 years and the last one we had lasted 6 years.

I love the design! It has a large capacity and it isn't too big. The door isn't clear, but I don't need to watch my clothes dry anyways.