Other Clothes Dryers:
Electric Dryers
Kenmore
Kenmore 600 Series  5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Pros

• Easy to use (5)
  • Adjustable temperature (4)
  • Large capacity (4)
  • Quiet (4)
  • Works quickly (4)

Cons

• Bulky items (4)
  • Everyday clothes (4)
  • Sheets & mattress covers (4)
  • Towels (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (3)

Serves purpose with virtually no problems

This Kenmore 600 clothes dryer was already in my house when I bought it a few years ago. It was fairly new so I didn't even think about replacing it. It has been great so far, never broken down nor needed repairs. I like that it is easy to use, easy to clean out the lint trap, and has all of the various settings I need (delicates air fluff, etc...) It also holds a large load, I can dry my king size comforter plus a large blanket or quilt just fine. It may take a second dry cycle but for every other load of laundry it is always completely dried after one cycle. My only complaints about this dryer are very minor: first, the door is kind of loud when you slam it (which you have to do in order to shut it tightly.) Secondly, I've never had any issues cleaning out the lint trap until last week. I accidentally pulled the stick-on lining/seal of the lint trap off, which I don't think caused any problems, but I've never had this happen on a dryer before. The third complaint is kind of strange, I'm still not sure what really happened, but awhile ago I was turning the dial to start the dry cycle and pressed in but it would not start, it just made a strange humming/buzzing sound. I rotated the dial to try timed dry and it still would not work. I opened the door, closed it and tried again, but still no luck. I had my husband check it out and strangely enough, it started right up for him. I have no clue if it was user error or a glitch or what happened! These complaints are pretty minor, so overall I'd say it's a great dryer!

Please Don't Waste Your Money!

We bought this new about 5 years ago, so I am not new to this dryer. From the day we brought this dryer home the lint filter had very little lint on it after we used it. My lint filter has always been full after I dried towels but not with this dryer. Soon after we started using it our dryer vent would get clogged with lint and the dryer wouldn't dry. If a dryer lint screen isn't pick up the lint, it's going up into the vent. Save yourself the trouble and don't waste your money.

Can't Beat a Kenmore!

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I believe Kenmore is the only brand of dryer I've ever used - and it's what my mom used. I give it an overall rating of 10 because it's just a good dryer. Drys my clothes, never stopped working and just no issues at all.

Load Capacity
I wouldn't overload it but it holds a good sized load of laundry.

I am happy with Kenmore's performance. I can set the timer and the clothes are dry in 20min. every time.

Pretty simple to use. I put the settings where I want them, set the timer and that's it. Nothing complicated about it.

Kenmore has a reputation for durability. We have 4 kids and 3 grandkids -and it's withstood all the tests!

My Kenmore is a simple, plain design which is fine for me and my family. It fits our simple lifestyle.

• Load Capacity:

I love this Kenmore 600 Electric Flatback Dryer.

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I purchased this Kenmore Dryer to replace my old one. It was on sale and I purchased in a set with the Kenmore Washer. I wash everyday and it takes a durable dryer to keep up with my high wash volume. This dryer gets the job done. It dries my comforters which was the hardest thing to get dry with my previous dryer. I am able to dry large loads of jeans and they are thoroughly dried. I have no problem drying large loads of laundry and this dryer gets everything nice and dry. I like the different settings on the dryer. The delicate setting is something I use a lot. I am able to dry my delicate garments and not have to worry about shrinking or ruining them in anyway. I have been using this dryer now for the last couple years and it still works just as good as the day I purchased it. It isn't one of the most expensive brands and it's not to fancy but it gets the job done like it is. This dryer is efficient and reliable. It is well worth it's cost and a great buy.

Do not buy!

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I got this drier a while back and have had nothing but trouble with it. I would go as far as saying this was a very big waste of my money. With in the first week the heating element went out and within a few days the belt went out as well. In the last 6 or so months that I have had it I have had to replace the connections for the heating element, the plug and some other small stuff. I honestly think I have and to spend more money fixing it then what I put into it just to buy it.

Load Capacity
I will give it this. I am able to put in a decent load of laundry and when the heating was working right, was able to dry the good.

Besides the parts going out it did get the clothes dry. But of course that was only when everything was working correctly. Otherwise you had soaked clothes even after 2 hours of "drying".

I will say the controls were easy to read and user friendly.

I am not too keen on the dents and scratches this machine got from bouncing around while being used. And yes the machine was level.

Perfect Dryer

from Portland, TX

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I would highly recommend this product to anyone who wants a durable dryer in their home. This dryer is very affordable and actually works better than any "top of the line" dryer I have used. It dries very quickly and it saves a lot of time and money. It has many settings, including a "energy-preferred" setting which really does save energy and leaves clothes just dry enough to not waste any time or energy. The design of the machine is practical and the set up is very easy to use. There are settings to fit any family's needs and all of the functions are easily accessible for people of any size. It is also perfect for families because there is a large amount of space, which optimizes the drying time, as well.

The only suggestion I would have would be to have some sort of alarm or buzzer when the drying cycle is complete and maybe to make this model available in more color choices.

best dryer ever

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I previously had a Maytag dryer, it broke and I found myself needing to replace it. I purchased this dryer and found it to be every bit as good as the overpriced Maytag dryer. It is also easy to use and has a quiet motor. I will continue to use this brand because of it's efficient nature and recommend this appliance to others. I have

Long lasting product!

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

Honestly, I don't think I've ever used a dryer that wasn't Kenmore because I've had the same one pretty much my entire life! When I was growing up, I had this exact dryer and it continued to last all the way until my adult years! It's lasted so long and it still works great up until it finally gave out! I would recommend this to anyone looking for great performance and long lasting results, because this Kenmore dryer isn't going anywhere for a very long time! The only flaw I see with it is the design is not as sleek and "new" as so many of the other dryers are today, but I would prefer this dryer over any other because of it's great performance. It has an adequate load capacity I feel, but it's enough for large families and works well in small places since it's not too big. It's very easy to use and figure out, and it's very easy to adjust to! I would recommend this dryer to anyone shopping for one currently, because the quality is great for the price. Kenmore products in general are great, and the dryer will last for a very very long time! Its durability is great, its performance is great, and overall- the best dryer from what I've experienced-because I've only had Kenmore in my lifetime!

It is a great dryer.

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I just bought this dryer for myself. The performance is great. I have absolutely no complaints with mine. It is a lot better than my old one, which we have had forever. I only wish that I had went out and bought this new Kenmore dryer a lot sooner than I did.

Works great

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We have used a Kenmore dryer for about ten years (no, not the same one). It works great most of the time and it doesn't make that much noise. However, sometimes it doesn't dry all of the clothes completely, especially jeans, and I have to run most of the clothes through again.

Load Capacity
This can hold a lot of clothes, but when we put a too much clothes in, most of them are still damp when it finishes. It works better if you do smaller amounts of clothes at a time. It can still hold a ton of clothes in case of emergency (wash day).

Like I said, sometimes it doesn't dry all of the clothes completely, but it will work better with smaller loads.

These are really easy to use and they don't have a lot of confusing dials or buttons.

These last a long time! We have had the one we have now for about 4 years and the last one we had lasted 6 years.

I love the design! It has a large capacity and it isn't too big. The door isn't clear, but I don't need to watch my clothes dry anyways.

Great entry level dryer

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This is a great entry level dryer for anyone looking for a dryer on a budget. I have never been a fan of fancy dryers with a thousand settings and load types and bells and whistles that you will never use. This Kenmore unit has the basic settings like gentle and delicate, and is very easy to use. It is large enough o dry anything that I can fit in my washer, so I have no complaints about the size. The only issue that I had with mine was really of no fault to the machine. My dryer exhaust hose was pretty clogged with lint, which restricted the air flow and caused the thermal overload fuse to blow. I was able to get a replacement part locally and had it fixed in a few hours (including the time to got get the parts). It was a cinch to work on and parts are readily available.

Load Capacity
Fits everything that I can fit in my washer!

Does a great job!

Very simple controls, so easy a monkey could figure it out.

Strong construction, durable components.

Dries Everything Once

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I gave this an eight because even though I can rely on this dryer, it really isn't the dryer I plan to keep. Especially with a growing boy and a husband works everyday.
Now I'm not getting a new one because I didn't like it. Don't get me wrong, right now, this point in time, it's working out great. I can do a load of laundry in two hours and everything is done right the first time. That's how it's supposed to be especially with a stay at home mother. You can't afford to do things more than once with an infant running around.
I love how easy it is to just pop the clothes from my washer to my dryer without any issues. I push the settings I want which is self explanatory and wait an hour. Done. Simple as that.
I definitely recommend this for large families only if you want to do multiple loads per day. Otherwise get something bigger like I plan too.
The performance is great. It's durable, strong, and easy to use. And the design is also nice.