Other Clothes Dryers:
Electric Dryers
Kenmore
Kenmore 600 Series  5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Pros

• Adjustable temperature (3)
  • Easy to use (3)

• Load Capacity:

Serves purpose with virtually no problems

This Kenmore 600 clothes dryer was already in my house when I bought it a few years ago. It was fairly new so I didn't even think about replacing it. It has been great so far, never broken down nor needed repairs. I like that it is easy to use, easy to clean out the lint trap, and has all of the various settings I need (delicates air fluff, etc...) It also holds a large load, I can dry my king size comforter plus a large blanket or quilt just fine. It may take a second dry cycle but for every other load of laundry it is always completely dried after one cycle. My only complaints about this dryer are very minor: first, the door is kind of loud when you slam it (which you have to do in order to shut it tightly.) Secondly, I've never had any issues cleaning out the lint trap until last week. I accidentally pulled the stick-on lining/seal of the lint trap off, which I don't think caused any problems, but I've never had this happen on a dryer before. The third complaint is kind of strange, I'm still not sure what really happened, but awhile ago I was turning the dial to start the dry cycle and pressed in but it would not start, it just made a strange humming/buzzing sound. I rotated the dial to try timed dry and it still would not work. I opened the door, closed it and tried again, but still no luck. I had my husband check it out and strangely enough, it started right up for him. I have no clue if it was user error or a glitch or what happened! These complaints are pretty minor, so overall I'd say it's a great dryer!

Do not buy!

I got this drier a while back and have had nothing but trouble with it. I would go as far as saying this was a very big waste of my money. With in the first week the heating element went out and within a few days the belt went out as well. In the last 6 or so months that I have had it I have had to replace the connections for the heating element, the plug and some other small stuff. I honestly think I have and to spend more money fixing it then what I put into it just to buy it.

Load Capacity
I will give it this. I am able to put in a decent load of laundry and when the heating was working right, was able to dry the good.

Besides the parts going out it did get the clothes dry. But of course that was only when everything was working correctly. Otherwise you had soaked clothes even after 2 hours of "drying".

I will say the controls were easy to read and user friendly.

I am not too keen on the dents and scratches this machine got from bouncing around while being used. And yes the machine was level.

Love

from Campbell Ohio

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
  • Easy To Use
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Works Quickly

• Bulky Items
    • Everyday Clothes
    • Sheets & Mattress Covers
    • Towels

Love it!

Great Product!!

from Elon, North Carolina

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
    • Easy To Use
    • Energy Efficient
    • Large Capacity
    • Quiet
    • Works Quickly

• Bulky Items
      • Delicates
      • Everyday Clothes
      • Sheets & Mattress Covers
      • Towels

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This dryer works great for me. I have not had any problems with my unit.

Please Don't Waste Your Money!

About Me Frequent User

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
      • Easy To Use

Cons

• Clogs The Dryer Vent
      • Doesn't Pick Up Lint
      • Leaves Clothes Damp
      • Unreliable

• NA

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We bought this new about 5 years ago, so I am not new to this dryer. From the day we brought this dryer home the lint filter had very little lint on it after we used it. My lint filter has always been full after I dried towels but not with this dryer. Soon after we started using it our dryer vent would get clogged with lint and the dryer wouldn't dry. If a dryer lint screen isn't pick up the lint, it's going up into the vent. Save yourself the trouble and don't waste your money.

Great product

from TN

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

My family usually keeps the same washer and dryer until they go out. However when my parents saw this particular one in our local store they could not pass it up. It was super affordable and it was small so it fits really nicely in the small place we have for it. We liked that it was white because it would still match our washer. Something I thought was really neat is when you are drying a load of clothes they always come out dry. With our old dryer they would run through the whole cycle and still sometimes come out damp. With this dryer it has some sort of a sensor that let's it know that the clothes are not dry and it will keep running until they are. That is so cool to me and super useful.

Load Capacity
      Even though this dryer seems smaller than our old one, it still holds a full load of clothes just fine.

My clothes always come out perfectly dry. Just as other dryers you can adjust the settings on it for what type of material is being dried.

Good Dryer

from Stafford, Virginia

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This is a good basic dryer for drying clothes. It doesn't have many options but it does provide the options needed to dry clothes. I would recommend to anyone who is wanting a good dryer but doesn't want to spend a lot of money on it.

Load Capacity
      You are able to put a lot of clothes in it, however I have seen bigger dryers than this. Washing and drying a big comforter could be an issue. Usually I can only dry one comforter at a time and sometimes I worry it's too big for the dryer.

Usually the clothes are dry in a considerable amount of time. It doesn't take too long, but it worked quicker when it was brand new.

It's incredibly easy to use. Even the knob is easy to turn.

It last a long time but I would recommend being careful with the knobs and buttons. The knobs can break off but as long as you are gentle, that shouldn't happen. We have had our dryer for awhile and it worked fine but the knob recently tore off and we had to replace it.

• Load Capacity:

Nothing fancy about this dryer but gets the job done

from north augusta sc

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

There is not much to say about the Kenmore electric dryer. I have had mine for five years. I have not had any issues with the dryer. The only reason I gave this a seven out of ten is the energy use. This dryer uses a lot of energy, and sometimes I have to put on two cycles of drying for each load. This is a huge waste of energy compared to other dryers on the market that could probably dry in one use. I can fit a lot of clothes in the dryer though. However, that does not matter much when I have to run two dry cycles to get the clothes dry. The machine is incredibly easy to use. This is a standard dryer unit with large turning knobs to control how long each dry cycle is. It has the typical settings for delicate clothes. The dyer takes up as much space as other dryers do, so not much to say there. A minor complaint that I have is the noise level in which the dryer works. This is a very loud machine! Let's just say that I avoid drying clothes when my toddler goes to bed. Otherwise this is a decent dryer that will last a long time until another one needs to be purchased. I recommend it.

Reliable and Durable!

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

Our Kenmore came with our house, and it was looking a little beat up. Instead of immediately purchasing a new dryer, we decided to see how it stood up to our use. And it is doing wonderfully! We did have to replace the heating element and the band that spins the drum, but that cost was less than buying a new rig. It quickly dries our clothes and doesn't have all the fancy bells and whistles that can be confusing. I used to be a Maytag girl, but after seeing this baby go through the abuses of a LOT of laundry (two kids and a very messy husband) including cloth diapers, I am quite pleased with the durability and reliabiltiy of this Kenmore.

Load Capacity
      It holds a LOT of wet heavy laundry without too much of an issue, and the only thing that comes out of this machine slightly damp, is when I wash my queen size comforter.

We've replaced both the heating element and the barrel band, but considering how much use this machine gets from us, I am not complaining!

Toss your wet clothes in, check the temperature and size, and you are pretty much done!

We have abused this machine for a couple of years now, and it is still going strong!

While not as stylish as some of the models out there now, I would not trade in my clunky looking Kenmore!

• Load Capacity:

This is a great product!

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I absolutely love this dryer. I was a little skeptical at first as I have heard mixed reviews about Kenmore appliances. The price was right and I was able to combine a good sale along with an online cash back offer, so I thought I would give it a try. I have been very happy with the performance of this dryer and have only had to complete one repair on it in the past seven years. The thing I am most impressed with is the efficiency of the dryer. The inside of the dryer is very spacious, which makes it efficient when drying clothes. There are a number of different settings to choose from. I typically dry my clothes on the regular/high heat setting and choose the wrinkle rid option. There is also an option for the dryer to buzz once it senses the clothes are dry. I did have to have a bearing fixed after about five years of use. It was an easy repair and was completed by a local appliance repair company. Overall, I am very impressed! I would definitely recommend this product to my friends.

Can't Beat a Kenmore!

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I believe Kenmore is the only brand of dryer I've ever used - and it's what my mom used. I give it an overall rating of 10 because it's just a good dryer. Drys my clothes, never stopped working and just no issues at all.

Load Capacity
      I wouldn't overload it but it holds a good sized load of laundry.

I am happy with Kenmore's performance. I can set the timer and the clothes are dry in 20min. every time.

Pretty simple to use. I put the settings where I want them, set the timer and that's it. Nothing complicated about it.

Kenmore has a reputation for durability. We have 4 kids and 3 grandkids -and it's withstood all the tests!

My Kenmore is a simple, plain design which is fine for me and my family. It fits our simple lifestyle.

• Load Capacity:

I love this Kenmore 600 Electric Flatback Dryer.

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I purchased this Kenmore Dryer to replace my old one. It was on sale and I purchased in a set with the Kenmore Washer. I wash everyday and it takes a durable dryer to keep up with my high wash volume. This dryer gets the job done. It dries my comforters which was the hardest thing to get dry with my previous dryer. I am able to dry large loads of jeans and they are thoroughly dried. I have no problem drying large loads of laundry and this dryer gets everything nice and dry. I like the different settings on the dryer. The delicate setting is something I use a lot. I am able to dry my delicate garments and not have to worry about shrinking or ruining them in anyway. I have been using this dryer now for the last couple years and it still works just as good as the day I purchased it. It isn't one of the most expensive brands and it's not to fancy but it gets the job done like it is. This dryer is efficient and reliable. It is well worth it's cost and a great buy.