Other Clothes Dryers:
Electric Dryers
Kenmore
Kenmore 600 Series  5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Pros

• Easy to use (7)
  • Large capacity (6)
  • Quiet (6)
  • Works quickly (6)
  • Adjustable temperature (5)

• Bulky items (6)
  • Everyday clothes (6)
  • Sheets & mattress covers (6)
  • Towels (6)
  • Delicate (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (4), Heavy duty user (3)

A multi use dryer that I can appreciate.

I have had this dryer for a while now and I am happy with it. It took me a few tries to get it balanced and keep it from sounding like it was going to shake the house down, but once I balanced the feet, I have had absolutely no issues with shaking or noise.

It's a front load dryer so it's easy enough to load the machine. I try to keep loads at less than half the drum capacity, which is a full wash load in the matching washing machine. The dryer has the ability to set the timer or to set it to adjust itself to know when the clothes are dry and there is little humidity left. I find the self dry timer option is more hit or miss because sometimes things are a little damp and other times, I cut it off myself to find perfectly dry clothes. For me, the best timer works at around 45-60 minutes for a full washer load of clothes. It works well with a water catch, too. We installed the hose to a cup of water to catch the blow out and lint since we didn't want to cut a hole through our upstairs laundry room floor.

The lint trap on this is easy to change out and it can actually go a couple of loads before I need to change it. I do wash the lint trap out regularly, though, because even after cleaning the net there are still dust particles that won't come out without a quick spray down. Overall it has been a good dryer and I will likely continue using this set until it can no longer be serviced.

Do not buy!

I got this drier a while back and have had nothing but trouble with it. I would go as far as saying this was a very big waste of my money. With in the first week the heating element went out and within a few days the belt went out as well. In the last 6 or so months that I have had it I have had to replace the connections for the heating element, the plug and some other small stuff. I honestly think I have and to spend more money fixing it then what I put into it just to buy it.

Load Capacity
I will give it this. I am able to put in a decent load of laundry and when the heating was working right, was able to dry the good.

Besides the parts going out it did get the clothes dry. But of course that was only when everything was working correctly. Otherwise you had soaked clothes even after 2 hours of "drying".

I will say the controls were easy to read and user friendly.

I am not too keen on the dents and scratches this machine got from bouncing around while being used. And yes the machine was level.

I like it

from Texas

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
  • Easy To Use
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Works Quickly

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

Love my dryer. Works great easy to clean lint filter. Fits my comforters and dries towels the first time. I recommend

A multi use dryer that I can appreciate.

from Princeton, WV

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Energy Efficient
    • Large Capacity
    • Quiet
    • Works Quickly

I have owned this dryer for 4 years

from Jacksonville, fl

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
      • Easy To Use
      • Energy Efficient
      • Large Capacity
      • Quiet
      • Works Quickly

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

It has multiple settings and has a wrinkle setting. It is durable and heavy duty. I can dry a king sized comforter

I would definitely get another one.

from Columbus, Ohio

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Large Capacity
        • Quiet
        • Works Quickly

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I do laundry a lot and this dryer is the greatest that I've ever used. I can load the dryer until it's completely full and it only takes one hour to dry everything. Before it took me two hours to get the simplist load of laundry dried until now.

Love

from Campbell Ohio

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
          • Easy To Use
          • Energy Efficient
          • Large Capacity
          • Quiet
          • Works Quickly

Love it!

Great Product!!

from Elon, North Carolina

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
            • Easy To Use
            • Energy Efficient
            • Large Capacity
            • Quiet
            • Works Quickly

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This dryer works great for me. I have not had any problems with my unit.

Please Don't Waste Your Money!

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
              • Easy To Use

Cons

• Clogs The Dryer Vent
              • Doesn't Pick Up Lint
              • Leaves Clothes Damp
              • Unreliable

• NA

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We bought this new about 5 years ago, so I am not new to this dryer. From the day we brought this dryer home the lint filter had very little lint on it after we used it. My lint filter has always been full after I dried towels but not with this dryer. Soon after we started using it our dryer vent would get clogged with lint and the dryer wouldn't dry. If a dryer lint screen isn't pick up the lint, it's going up into the vent. Save yourself the trouble and don't waste your money.

Great product

from TN

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

My family usually keeps the same washer and dryer until they go out. However when my parents saw this particular one in our local store they could not pass it up. It was super affordable and it was small so it fits really nicely in the small place we have for it. We liked that it was white because it would still match our washer. Something I thought was really neat is when you are drying a load of clothes they always come out dry. With our old dryer they would run through the whole cycle and still sometimes come out damp. With this dryer it has some sort of a sensor that let's it know that the clothes are not dry and it will keep running until they are. That is so cool to me and super useful.

Load Capacity
              Even though this dryer seems smaller than our old one, it still holds a full load of clothes just fine.

My clothes always come out perfectly dry. Just as other dryers you can adjust the settings on it for what type of material is being dried.

Good Dryer

from Stafford, Virginia

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This is a good basic dryer for drying clothes. It doesn't have many options but it does provide the options needed to dry clothes. I would recommend to anyone who is wanting a good dryer but doesn't want to spend a lot of money on it.

Load Capacity
              You are able to put a lot of clothes in it, however I have seen bigger dryers than this. Washing and drying a big comforter could be an issue. Usually I can only dry one comforter at a time and sometimes I worry it's too big for the dryer.

Usually the clothes are dry in a considerable amount of time. It doesn't take too long, but it worked quicker when it was brand new.

It's incredibly easy to use. Even the knob is easy to turn.

It last a long time but I would recommend being careful with the knobs and buttons. The knobs can break off but as long as you are gentle, that shouldn't happen. We have had our dryer for awhile and it worked fine but the knob recently tore off and we had to replace it.

• Load Capacity:

Nothing fancy about this dryer but gets the job done

from north augusta sc

Comments about Kenmore 600 Series 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

There is not much to say about the Kenmore electric dryer. I have had mine for five years. I have not had any issues with the dryer. The only reason I gave this a seven out of ten is the energy use. This dryer uses a lot of energy, and sometimes I have to put on two cycles of drying for each load. This is a huge waste of energy compared to other dryers on the market that could probably dry in one use. I can fit a lot of clothes in the dryer though. However, that does not matter much when I have to run two dry cycles to get the clothes dry. The machine is incredibly easy to use. This is a standard dryer unit with large turning knobs to control how long each dry cycle is. It has the typical settings for delicate clothes. The dyer takes up as much space as other dryers do, so not much to say there. A minor complaint that I have is the noise level in which the dryer works. This is a very loud machine! Let's just say that I avoid drying clothes when my toddler goes to bed. Otherwise this is a decent dryer that will last a long time until another one needs to be purchased. I recommend it.