2.8
Other Washing Machines:
Kenmore

Summary

Kenmore 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washer w/ Exclusive Triple® Action Impeller - Superior Wash Power

Thanks to the 4.3 cu. ft. capacity, this Kenmore top-load washer 2513 cleans up to 19 towels at once.* It also delivers a high-efficiency clean with the exclusive Triple Action® Impeller that cleans with three unique wash actions, including nine spray jets that attack dirt from every angle with a deep-cleaning mix. This advanced impeller design demonstrates why no one cleans better in its class.** And for extra cleaning power, the StainBoost™ option hits tough stains hard. Extended wash times give you the power you need to clean stubborn, ground-in messes, while simultaneously providing gentle fabric care.

*100% cotton, RN# 15099 from Sears, each weighs 0.90 lbs new, and are 49” x 25” new. **Among leading brand 27” top loading washers greater than or equal to 4.0 cu. ft. and less than 4.5 cu. ft. Based on AHAM cleaning score using a 8lb. load on normal cycle with default setting.

2.8

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (3)

Avoid this machine at all costs

from new jersey

About Me Frequent User

Comments about Kenmore 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washer w/ Exclusive Triple® Action Impeller - White:

Take the laundry to the nearest river and beat it with rocks is the more efficient way to clean your clothing than using the Kenmore Top-Loading HIGH EFFICIENCY Washer. I started with 'full' loads in accordance with the instructions, worked my way to half that and then half again if I wanted the wash cleaned and spun dry in under 2 hours. This machine is an abomination. To own this and have to go to the neighbor laundry mat is disgraceful. Kenmore should be ashamed of marketing this!

Worst washer I have ever used.

from Chicago. Il.

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
    • Long Cycle

• Everyday Clothes

I can't believe how awful this machine is. It doesn't clean clothes well. It has left stains. It takes FOREVER to run a cycle. It has occasionally not properly spun clothes so they are soaked after it's finished. I wish we would have returned it right away but I thought if it took a long time to wash...we would have zero stains.

My First HE washer

from Danville, VA

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Clean Clothes Well
    • Energy Efficient
    • Large Capacity

Cons

• Noisy

• Bedding
    • Delicates
    • Everyday Clothes
    • Heavy/Bulky Items
    • Towels

This is my first HE washer, the Kenmore I had was 15 years old. This one has quite a few features on it including auto water level and a wide variety of wash cycles. LEDs show what cycle the machine is in.
    I have not had a problem with the washer getting my clothes clean. Everything has come out fine.
    What takes some getting used to is the various sounds that the machine makes. It does not sound like the familiar agitator type washers with their customary whirring/churning sound. It makes a sort of grunt-like sound with various other sounds on occasion. At one time it made a single loud "clunk" sound that made me look as I walked past it.
    Also, the lid cannot be opened while it is running. A single push on the pause/stop button will pause the cycle (holding it for 3 seconds cancels the wash). This makes it a little more involved if you want or forget to add anything.
    I have only had it for a couple weeks, so I am still getting familiar with this washer.

What a Racket!!

from La Quinta, CA

OMG is this machine noisy!!! I got it to replace a machine that started making loud noises, and this is not much better. You can't identify when it is making this loud clanking, banging noise as the washer features the annoying locking lid.

All the cycles, no matter the settings take 45 minutes, way toooo long. My old machine was done in 35, less for a delicate cycle, and a small cycle. This is not acceptable at all, it adds too much time to laundry day.

Repairman coming tomorrow.

Cleaning Time
    Way toooooo long. 45 minutes for a small, delicate cycle. 45 minutes for all cycles.

It appears to wash the clothes

Locking lid is a pain

Looks nice, no setting for rinse cycle.

Repairman coming tomorrow

You'll love it!

I am extremely happy with this purchase. Having had a rather noisy washing machine prior to this Kenmore, this machines is so quiet in comparison. And more importantly it does it's job in getting my laundry clean. What I absolutely love about this washer is that is doesn't have that big bulky agitator that we are use. I've had so much clothes and other item completely ruined by getting twisted up and tied onto that old style agitator. Also, without that in there, there a lot more room. A ton! I can fit twice as much laundry into this washer then I was able to in my old one drastically reducing the time that's needed to do my laundry. The tub is stainless steel which is really nice. A lot of them now days seem to be plastic. This washer does take a little bit of learning on how to use this machine properly. I've had to refer to the manual but when you do figure it out you're going to love it. Best washing machine I've ever own.

• Cleaning Time:

Nice spacious, efficient washing machine

from Kahului, HI

My family is really happy to have a larger capacity washing machine that cleans well and is quiet and well balanced. We'd have a larger one if we could afford it.

Haven't had it long enough to actually know, but based on previous experience with Kenmore appliances, we expect it to be quite durable.