Other Cereals:
Kellogg's
Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal

Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal

Kellogg's Frosted Flakes is one of my cereal faves!

I've been eating cold and hot cereals for most of my nearly 50 years on the big blue marble.  No matter where I have lived or studied - including a three-month study abroad stint in Seville, Spain when I was in college - I've always made sure I have at least one box of cereal and/or instant oatmeal around.

While I am not particularly *fixated *on brands - I like Post and General Mills cereals, too - most of my favorite cereals tend to be made by Michigan-based **Kellogg's**, which practically invented the mass-marketed cold cereal at the turn of the 20th Century.

And among my favorite **Kellogg's **cereals is the one touted by Tony the Tiger as being "grrrreat!"

**Kellogg's Frosted Flakes**

Ever since their inception in 1952, **Kellogg's** **Frosted Flakes **have been sold all over the world under several names; I first ate them when we lived in  Colombia in the 1960s as **Zucaritas **("little sugars" in Spanish), while in Europe, particularly in the UK, consumers know them as **Kellogg's Frosties.**** **Whatever the name and wherever you find them, **Kellogg's** **Frosted Flakes **(they were once called ***Sugar *Frosted Flakes, **that is, until cereal companies began dropping the word "sugar" from cereal names in the Eighties) come in distinctive blue boxes which feature the Frosted Flakes mascot **Tony the Tiger **(the "They're grrrrreat!" striped cat featured in ads and packaging since the cereal's 1952 inception).**What Kellogg's Says:  The Web Version.....*** **When you're up, you're prepared. You have the energy you need to be your best. That energy is in every sweet and crunchy Frosted Flake.** **So when your buddy looks you in the eye and asks, "Are you up?" you don't even blink before you answer, "Yeah, I'm up. Are you?" - from the Official Kellogg's Frosted Flakes website at http://www.frostedflakes.com** ***What's In the Box?**** **** **Though Kellogg's offers this cereal in boxes ranging from the smallish single serving sized ones to the large 27.5-oz Family Size ones, **Kellogg's Frosted Flakes **consists of corn flakes which are similar to the original **Kellogg's Corn Flakes **cereal but have a coating or "frosting" of sugar on the surface.***Ingredients****: Milled Corn, Sugar. Malt Flavoring, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Salt, Sodium Ascorbate and Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Niacinamide, Iron, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Thiamin Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Vitamin A Palmitate, Folic Acid, BHT (Preservative), Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D. ** ***Nutritional Value:  **If you look at the panel of a box of **Kellogg's Frosted Flakes, **you'll notice that each serving of 1.1 oz. contains between 10-15% and 25% of the Daily Value allowance for 11 vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, C, D (10% of the latter without milk, 25% with milk), calcium and iron.  The cereal itself has 0% fat of any kind, and this holds true if one uses ½ cup of vitamin-enriched fat-free milk. (All bets are off, though, if consumers use whole milk or even 2% low fat milk....)** ****My Viewpoint:  Kellogg's Frosted Flakes **may not be the healthiest cereal available for  kids or adults, but at the same time it can be, as the old marketing slogans put it, "part of a nutritious breakfast."The sugar coating and slightly smaller-than-regular-**Kellogg's Corn Flakes **size of each flake allows the cereal to stay crunchy in milk a tad longer than its un-**Frosties **elder sibling.  Eventually the cereal does get soggy if it sits in milk for a long time, but that's a given with most cold cereals.The taste, of course, is similar to **Kellogg's Corn Flakes **but - of course - sweetened by the sugar frosting.  The latter, by the way, is sweet but surprisingly *not *cloyingly so.

Not the same

I have been wondering for a while, what is happening to all of the cereal that I grew up eating? I know many of the plain cereal such as Corn Flakes and Rice Crispies have not changed much. My problem is with cereal such as Frosted Flakes,Apple Jacks,Golden Grahams,and Corn Pops. I really hate Frosted Flakes now. They still have about the same amount of frosted sugar on each flake, true, but the flakes themselves seem to have a more over baked taste to them. They used to taste almost exactly like Corn Flakes with frosting now though, Frosted Flakes seem to have a rougher texture and seem to even be burnt more. They get soggy much faster in milk and seem to be packed with too much fiber now. I understand that the added nutrients and extra doses of vitamins,fiber,etc is supposed to be a good thing,but maybe they and other cereal companies are trying to stuff the cereal with too much of a "good" thing. I do not buy nor eat Kelloggs Frosted Flakes anymore. Why can't the cereal companies just start producing two versions of their most popular cereals,like a diet/kid friendly version and one for consumers like me who are adults with responsible diets and eating habits.

Breakfast of Champions

Comments about Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal:

This is my favorite breakfast cereal, which I've also eaten for lunch, supper and snacks. I can't remember a time that I didn't eat them, for at least 40 years. Now Frosted Flakes are my wife and daughters favorite as well. You can always count on the consistent flavor box after box. Nothing broke here and nothing it doesn't already have. I'm glad Kelloggs realized they had a winner and haven't tried to "improve" it, until it was just a memory.

Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal: They Really Are Great!

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal:

Even though I don't eat these on a regular basis, they are something that I buy when they are on sale because I know everyone in the house loves the taste of them. They have the same downside as Kellogg's Corn Flakes, they start to get soggy in milk in about five minutes. That can pose a real problem if you have picky eaters because once they start to get soggy they won't eat it.

Like most cereals, the suggested serving is 3/4 cup; that contains 110 calories, less than 1 gram of fat, 27 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of protein. The type of milk that you add to this is going to change the values so if you are on a strict diet you are going to have to factor in those numbers.

Frosted Flakes have a nice crunch to them and if you love eating cereal out of the box and prefer something that has a sugar kick to it, these should be at the top of your shopping list. They aren't as healthy as Corn Flakes but if you are only having a handful or two it isn't going to wreck your diet.

The boxes are expensive if you don't get them on sale or have coupons for them; if you are stocking up on them when they are on sale make sure you check the "best by" date on the top flap. If they go past the one month mark they have an odd taste to them. When I open a box of these I store the cereal in an air tight container to preserve the flavor and crunch of them because I hate it when people do not close the bag up properly and I end up with crunch-less cereal.

I love this cereal.

Comments about Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal:

I love Frosted Flakes. I have been eating them since I was a kid. There may be healthier alternatives but they don't really conpare. These are crunchy and sweet. I love this cereal with milk, dry, or with bananas. I have found that other brands are like chewing sugar covered rocks. The only thing I'm not satisfied with is how fast it gets soggy in milk. I have read several people talk about how unhealthy it is, but I believe in moderation. This is a great snack and one of my favorite cereals. It doesn't take much to fill me up and considering it's only my husband and I in my household, it makes for a great quick breakfast.

Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal Review

from Georgia

Comments about Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal:

Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal is a delicious cereal and one of my favorites! I eat Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal because it not only has a great taste, but also a wide variety of important nutrients that I need daily. I have been eating this cereal since I was four-years-old. Growing up in Decatur, a city full of working-class families, this was the only cereal my family could afford. The price of Kelogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal was always cheaper in comparison to many other cereals so this was always my family's first selection. I love that this cereal has fiber and many important vitamins that get me through the day. I love the sweet, sugary frosting on top of the corn flakes also. Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal is a great source of fiber. I cannot get enough of this cereal. I highly recommend Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal because it is high in fiber and tastes absolutely delicious. The sugar makes this cereal so tasty and I love that it has a lot of important nutrients that I need daily. Kellogg"s Frosted Flakes Cereal has nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin C and Iron, which all help me to function daily.

An all time favorite cereal for me!

Comments about Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal:

My favorite breakfast to have is cereal. Even if I eat cereal every morning, I can never get sick of it. My all time favorite cereal ever since I was a kid is Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal. I grew up eating this for breakfast, and I still eat it as an adult today. It still tastes exactly the same from when I was younger.
My house can never run out of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal because I am not the only one who loves it. My kids as well love it and eat it with me sometimes for breakfast. I love the flavor, I love the crunch, and I love everything about it. I also love when it comes with a little prize inside the box. It just makes my kids so happy.
I usually slice some fresh bananas or strawberries with my bowl of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal, making me enjoy it a little more. I feel so great every morning after eating this. My mornings are honestly never complete without my bowl of cereal for breakfast. There not a single thing I would change about Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal. It is perfect just the way it is.

Tasty but too sweet for me now

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal:

All my life, I have liked this cereal. It has a good crunch and tasty corn flavor. I have enjoyed it with milk and also as a dry snack. But as I grow older, it seems to have too much sweetness. I loved that as a child, though. I also find it gets soggy if I do not finish it quickly. It tastes better to me crunchy.

Very sweet

Comments about Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal:

Frosted flakes are very sugary and sweet, I think they are better for kids than adults. I used to like them but now I find them a little overwhelming. They are very good in a small quantity but eating a whole bowl is a little too much for me and they aren't that good for you.

Frosted Flakes....

Comments about Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal:

They're more than good, they're too sweet! I am a huge Corn Flakes fan, but the Kellogg's Frosted Flakes are way too sweet for me. They have the great Corn Flakes texture, but with milk they become overloaded with sugar. They got soggy really fast also. I don't like these much at all, but they're good for little kids who love sweet stuff.

Good ceral

Comments about Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal:

Kellogg's Frosted Flakes is a really good cereal. It is a sweet alternative to corn flakes. It has a nice, sweet coating that makes it taste really good. It is simple and sweet! I have been eating it for years. Kelloggs makes really good quality cereal and this is no exception!

Still GREAAATTT for a Classic Cereal!

Comments about Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal:

This was one of my must have cereals as a child. I remember eating Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal before going to school and on Saturday mornings while watching cartoons. The frosted flakes are very sweet and my kids love them just as much as I did as a child.