3.6

Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal

3.6

Pros

Cons

Like Cracker Jack's, but not popcorn?

Okay, first off I am not a cereal lover so why the heck did I sign up for a coupon for a free box of Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal?  Who knows other than it was free and that made my purse happy. :)

So, I get the box home and have a craving for something sweet one day.  I took a recipe that I love and used the Kashi in it and it ended up tasting just about like Cracker Jack but without the peanuts and popcorn!  It was a hit and I will be buying more cereal to make my own sweet snack but I will will double it next time and use a cookie sheet!  :)

Simple recipe and I'm more than happy to share it.

Kashi Caramel Stuff (for lack of a better name!)

1 stick butter

1/2 cup of brown sugar

Enough Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal to fill an 8" x 8" pan

Line the pan with foil, spread enough cereal to cover bottom of pan to about 1" and set aside.  Bring butter and brown sugar to a slow, rolling boil over medium heat.  Let boil for 3 minutes.  Pour over cereal (you might want to give it a stir to make sure the cereal is coated) and let sit until cool.  Place it in your fridge to harden and then peel it off of the foil and crack into pieces.  If you have any left, you can store it in an airtight conatiner.

Tasteless

From time to time I get coupons in the mail to try new products.  I received one for **Kashi** **Honey Sunshine Cereal.  **I don't know what's going on at Kashi but this **Kashi** **Honey Sunshine Cereal **just doesn't measure up to their standards of healthy, delicious cereals!  It's tasteless, doesn't hold up to milk and has no redeeming quality at all.  The dismal, mealy aftertaste is an oxymoron because it had no taste to begin with!  I've been a  Kashi consumer for years, however recently I've been disappointed with their new line of products.

The morning after purchasing it I served **Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal** for breakfast.  My husband who is ex-British military tried it and couldn't finish it.  He tried it dry - even worse.  This coming from a man who has eaten food from packages that were meant to have a shelf-life of 10 years! I ended up throwing the uneaten, soggy, cereal away and making him blueberry pancakes.  After that ordeal I thought he deserved a breakfast treat.  I found the flavor so unpalatable I took the unfinished product back to the supermarket for a refund.

In my opinion **Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal**  has missed the mark . . . it's tasteless!

Healthy Semi-Sweet Cereal That I Could Eat on a Regular Basis

Comments about Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal:

The Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal is one of Kashi's lighter varieties. While they make a lot of healthier cereals, this one has a lower calorie content than many of their other varities. The taste is semi-sweet, which is great if you are looking for flavor, but do not want to to shock your system with simple carbs after a bowl of cereal. This is not my favorite cereal by any means, but I do buy it sometimes.

Wheres the flavor!

Comments about Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal:

My wife absolutely loves Kashi products. Yeah they are natural and very healthy for you and most of their products are really good. The Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal is not one of the good ones. It has no flavor and is very bland. Even if you put fruit in with the cereal there is still little to none flavor.

My Favorite!!!!!

Comments about Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal:

Im actually really confused as to why this only has a 74/100 average. I love this cereal. Its actually my favorite of any brand. Its so tasty, ESPECIALLY with some vanilla almond milk (you must try that). I look forward to breakfast when I have this in the house (which is often). It tastes great and it keeps me full until lunch time. And it seems to be a lot healthier than most other cereals. I would definitely recommend this.

Like Captain Crunch but just the right amount of sweetness

from Oakland, CA

Comments about Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal:

I got a free sample through another group. My toddler likes to eat this as a snack. It reminds me of Captain Crunch peanut butter cereal's texture, but it's obviously not the peanut butter flavor. I like that it's a healthier version and better for you, yet appealing to kids. We adults eat it as well.

Not great

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal:

The cereal doesn't have much crunch and bites like there is a lot of puffed air in the cereal bits which quickly become soggy after adding milk. Just a hint of sweetness, which is what I prefer and expect from a healthier brand like Kashi but the overall flavor was more styrofoam-y.

Taste like sweetened cardboard

from Shiner, TX

Comments about Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal:

I got a free sample in the mail, ate it for breakfast the next morning, I trully did not like it, had really no taste, to me had the textured of cardboard that was sweetened. I will never buy this cereal or even want a free sample. I have tried other Kashi products and this was the worse, even though I did not care for the other products either, no real flavor even if it is suppose to be good for you and healther.

My daughter loves Kashi Sunshine

from Loxahatchee, FL

Comments about Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal:

After carefully reviewing the contents of cereal I landed at the Kashi section and discovered the Sunshine Cereal. I now shop exclusively for all different varieties of Kashi cereal. So far this is my daughters favorite. She just turned 3 years old and asks for it by name when we are shopping for groceries. Mira will eat this for breakfast and again for snacks and even sometimes for dinner. Their cereal is low in sodium and sugars and also contains a variety of grains with lots of fibers. While on vacation I purchased honey nut cheerios and the Kashi Sunshine (for me) and both my children ate all the Kashi and left the cheerios. They prefer the better cereal over the high sugar/sodium kind. From this point on, I just gave up on the cheerios and stick only with the Kashi. Now, I just search for any new cereals that Kashi puts out to purchase for my family. They cost slightly more than cheerios but they are worth it in so many ways.

Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal is Gross

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal:

Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal has such a bright, happy name to make up for the fact that it's gross. I gave it two stars only because it's healthy. It has a strange taste and aftertaste that's hard to describe. Kind of vegetably? Not something you would expect or want from a cereal. I gave it some time, but I never got used to the taste. I know it's supposed to be the healthy alternative to Corn Pops, but the only similarities are its color and texture. Each piece of cereal is much larger than a corn pop. If you have a small mouth like I do, it kind of makes it difficult to eat. They aren't easily broken up like a Frosted Mini-Wheat. If this cereal is supposed to appeal to children, they're doing a bad job. Kashi Honey Sunshine just sucks across the board, which is disappointing, because I generally love their products. For your money, I'd buy any of the other Kashi cereals. I've tried many varieties and all were delicious except this one.

Fantastic! as I eat some right now :)

from Highland, NY

Comments about Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal:

With only 100 Calories per serving, made with whole grains and taste so good, how can you go wrong? I have a small bowl almost every day and it fills me up for hours! Which is something I really like, I have bowl and don't keep looking for more food. I love Kashi, it never lets me down.

Very good Kashi

from High Point, NC

Comments about Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal:

I recieved a free sample in the mail and loved it from the start. I didn't think i would like it,but I gave it a try and feel in love with the taste. I was also given a coupon for a big box at the store and got me a free box and it was still good. It had a nice sweet taste to it,just enough to satisfy your taste for something sweet but not too sweet. It comes in perfect size. I eat it as a snack without milk most times,it makes for a nice healthy snack just enough to curve your cravings. The only drawback on the cereal is that it is a little pricey and without a coupon or something or really good sale I rarely buy it. If it was cheaper I would make it my main cereal to buy,but it's just too much for my budget right now. Other then that I would recommend the cereal because of the natural good taste and it leaves no bad after taste. I love Kashi I just wish they would come down a little on their price.