Other Baby Lotions:
Johnson's
Johnson's Baby Powder, Original

Johnson's Baby Powder, Original

Love original smell. Use this for more than just babies!

No babies in my household, but I still think of them and purity and sweetness when I use original scent **Johnson's Baby Powder**. Primary use? Sprinkling my feet and smoothing the powder in before I put on my summer sandals. This is the only way in which I can acceptably wear my favorite shoes day after day.

Let's note here that there's lots more to **Johnson's Baby Powder"** than babies and feet. Ants reputedly hate baby powder and won't continue onto your kitchen counter if you sprinkle it near their entry point. Another idea? I haven't tried it, but will. Sprinkle hands with **Johnson's** and smooth in right before knitting. No sweaty, sticky hand syndrome, and our knitting could do worse than have a little of this pleasant baby powder fragrance. It might even allow us to knit faster!

Other baby powders have no personality. Despite the fact that I'm a bargain shopper, I'll continue to make exceptions regarding this product. I've got a large **Johnson's** in my bathroom and small, sample sizes in bedroom and kitchen. Always at the ready!

Our pediatrician condemmed this product

As a new parent, I was under the impression that you are supposed to put baby powder in baby's diaper after every diaper change in order to prevent chaffing due to wettness. And what new parent wouldn't be under this impression? Johnson's promotes this product by stating:

- helps eliminate friction

- clinically proven to be safe, gentle, and mild

- allergy and dermatologist-tested

- clean, classic scent

Our pediatrician actually recommended not to use Johnson's Baby powder or any other type of baby powder for that matter during diaper changes. He stated that baby powder in a leading cause of urinary tract infections in young children. Not only is my pediatrician against the use of this product, but the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends against it's use. This is because when applying the product, a dust cloud of baby powder can be formed. Inhaling this dust cloud can cause breathing problems in small children.

Best baby powder

Comments about Johnson's Baby Powder, Original:

This is the best baby powder on the market. Smells fresh, keeps baby dry and helps absorb wetness. Never had a problem with clumps. Make sure not to put down the bottle too hard or a big cloud of powder will burst out of the open top. One bottle I had did come out in weird, large amounts, but that was only once. Works well if just sprinkled on in diaper after each change, or you can smooth it on into cracks to keep them dry. The packaging is easy to remove and lets you know that the product has not been tampered with, but sometimes the sticker that covers the holes on top leaves stuck on remains on top of the bottle. Not a problem, but is annoying. Bottom line, this is a product all mothers and fathers need to diaper their older children.

Definitely helps absorb moisture and keep skin dry where needed.

Smells fresh, but you have to get used to the smell.

Absorption
Powder dissolves and disappears when it soaks up the moisture.

• Absorption:

The best baby powder you can buy

Comments about Johnson's Baby Powder, Original:

I love Johnsons baby powder, I use it on my son and sometimes myself. It has a nice fresh smell that lasts all day. I apply it after I get out of the shower and it absorbs all the water that was left on my body. I always apply it on my sons little bottom when I change his diaper. It works really good when he gets bad diaper rashes I just apply the diaper rash cream and this powder and his rash is a lot better by the next diaper change. It makes his skin feel really soft and he has that fresh scent of the powder that I love. The powder is very light and its very mild for most skin types. It leaves my body feeling really smooth. I like how it makes my body feel a lot more dry then wet when I get out of the shower. It leaves me feeling fresh all day and leaving a clean smell to my body. Most of Johnsons baby products are affordable so its not really expensive to buy.

• Absorption:

good product

Comments about Johnson's Baby Powder, Original:

Originally bought Johnson's Baby powder when I finally had a baby in the house. I didn't really use it on her thought because I found out the smell is actually bad for them. Also it doesn't help with chaffing or prevent rashes. If anything, it makes them way worse or causes them! I found that out when my daughter kept complaining her butt hurts and I had to check her. I gave it an eight because I actually like the use for myself. After shaving in the shower, when I'm dry enough i'll put the powder on and it makes my skin smoother.

Great powder with infinite uses.

Comments about Johnson's Baby Powder, Original:

I absolutely love this powder! It smells great and I use it for so many things. My feet can sweat a lot when I wear certain shoes. What I do is sprinkle the powder on my feet before I put my shoes on and the problem disappears. My feet don't sweat and therefore don't have an odor. This is really great for my socks and especially my shoes. I don't have to spray them with Febreeze anymore. Another great use I have for powder is my sheets. In the middle of the summer, my sheets can get sticky. They stick to my body and can be really uncomfortable. But, if I sprinkle powder on them I am cool and comfortable all night. I also use the powder when I shaving. It reduces the friction and therefore I have no more razor burn. One more thing baby powder can be used on jewelry. Whenever I have a knot in one of my necklaces or bracelets I sprinkle baby powder on them. It acts as a lubricant and helps the knots come out.

Not recommended anymore.

Comments about Johnson's Baby Powder, Original:

I don't actually have a problem with this product. I used it in the hospital while my daughter was a newborn, and was scolded by the staff. Apparently the powder can be inhaled and is dangerous to babies. I had never heard of that. I haven't used it since. Maybe it would be good to powder feet?

Johnson's Baby Powder

Comments about Johnson's Baby Powder, Original:

Johnsons's Baby Powder has to be responsible for one of my fondest memories from childhood. The smell of a clean and freshly washed/bathed body sprinkled with Johnsons Baby Powder to ensure there was no moisture left in one's little cracks and crevices! Obviously moisture on one's skin is not a friend to man nor beast and this little product is perfect for absorbing moisture in even hard to reach places. It is silky smooth in texture - I really would know this scent with my eyes closed! I have used Johnsons Baby powder in more recent years with my own children who are not great at wiping themselves dry after a bath. I sprinkly some on their feet, under their arms and anywhere I deem necessary. Also, there was a time after giving birth to my youngest son (cesarian section) when I was told by my doctor to keep my scar clean and dry, this was the perfect product for doing just that. It really is essential bathroomware.

Super useful.

Comments about Johnson's Baby Powder, Original:

Baby powder has so many different uses. I use it for so many different things. You can obviously use it for chafing and diaper rash for babies, but also it can be used for beauty purposes. I use it between coats of mascara and it makes my eyelashes so much thicker and longer. Also if I don't have time in the morning to do my makeup, I just pat some baby powder on my face to soak up the oil on my face. And it can also be used as a dry shampoo. You put it on your crown of your hair the night before and it soaks up any oil and then you can go one day without washing your hair. Theres so many more uses for it. I love it so much.

Baby powder great for many things!

Comments about Johnson's Baby Powder, Original:

Johnson's brand is very popular for their baby products. Such as, baby oil, baby powder, baby shampoos and conditioners, baby lotions with different scents and uses, etc. Well baby powder is almost the product most used for babies. Everyone want to protect their babies from diaper rash or anything bad! Today I have good news, you can use baby powder for anything from your house to your personal use. I personally use baby powder for my armpits, when I don't want to use deodorant. Baby powder is a very good alternative, it leaves your skin feeling smooth, soft and smelling very good. That original baby powder scent. This method also helps you by UN darkening your armpits. If you have dark underarms, you can use this often instead of deodorant and you will see good results in your dark underarms. Try it. So if it leaves YOUR skin smooth, soft and smelling good imagine what it will do to your babies skin. And also baby powder observes very well! Leaving your skin dry, Don't worry about smelly sweat anymore.

Not Just For Babies

from Hollywood, FL

Comments about Johnson's Baby Powder, Original:

I'm 41 and use this product every day. Sure my wife and I used it on our children when they were little as well, but the youngest is 7 now and that doesn't happen anymore. I personally find that the powder keeps the inner thighs from getting all rubbed raw from each other or the clothing they are against.

It is also a very good product to use after returning from the beach. Being around sand all day leads to the same chaffing that is very uncomfortable and baby powder is a big relief if you are unable to avoid it in the first place. This happens to children particularly since they are rolling around in the sand and at the edge of the water and have sand in every crevice of their bodies.

The smell is nice as well, very freshening. There are other ways this powder can be used, but those are the ways we use it in our household. I'd definitely recommend for the entire family.

Johnson's Original Baby Powder still babies this old lady

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Johnson's Baby Powder, Original:

This is a product that was available, and I used on my daughter, when she was a baby. You cannot mistake the baby sweet smell of the talcum powder, or the silky feel after using it.

I buy the travel size (1 and a half ounce, 42g) bottles, and use them when I am at one of our timeshares, or on my visit to England.

I use moisturizers for the skin that is not covered, but also need a drying agent, that is delicate, for an area that sometimes rubs. I find the tiniest amount of Johnson's Baby Powder, will dry the area, where the cheeks of my bottom rub together.

I have also used it in my shoes, on a very hot day. Not only does it keep them dry, but they smell great too.