Other Baby Lotions:

Johnson's Baby Lotion

Pros

Cons

The Original Lotion For Keeping Babies Skin Soft & Moisturized

When my first grandson was born erlier earlier this year, I was amazed to see all the new brands and products available for babies.  My daughter tried several of the products from the Einstein but didn't like them very much at all.  She found that she preferred good old **Johnson's Baby Lotion** when it came to keeping her son's skin soft and smooth.**Johnson's Baby Lotion****Johnson's Baby Lotion **has been a trusted brand for many years.  It is a brand I used when my children were also babies.  It's pretty much a household name if you have a new baby in the house.  It is made for delicate skin, like a new babys skin, to keep it moisturized, soft and supple.  It has a baby fresh scent than many immediately associate with babies.  **Johnson's Baby Lotion **is hypo-allergenic and has been dermatologist tested.  It is often recommended for use by hospitals and pediatricians because it protects a babyies skin from dryness and also nourishes the skin.  The soft pink lotion absorbs into babies skin quickly and is not greasy.  **Johnson's Baby Lotion **is available in several size bottles.  The most common sizes are 4 oz., which is great for diaper bags or traveling and the 15 oz. for the nursery.**Ingredients**Water, Propylene Glycol, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, Oleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Polysorbate 61, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Synthetic Beeswax, Stearyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 33.**My ViewPoint**I used **Johnson's Baby Lotion **on my own children many moons ago (chuckle).  I'm glad that my daughter decided that she would also use this familiar product.  It's been used by moms for decades for keeping babies skin soft and moisturized.  The longlivity of the product is proof enough that the product works.  I love the scent of **Johnson's Baby Lotion**.  That in itself is probably one of my favorite things about the product.  It always has that fresh baby soft scent that will bring back memories of taking care of your babies, no matter how long ago that was.  Applying **Johnson's Baby Lotion **to your baby's skin is also part of the bonding experience.  It is best to use after baby's bath.  By rubbing the soft pink lotion into your baby's skin and providing gentle massaging gives you an excellent time to form a special bond with your baby.  Your baby will soon learn that this is a special time and one to be enjoyed.  I highly recommend pampering your baby and taking care of his or her skin with **Johnson's Baby Lotion**.  It is a good quality product and keeps your babies skin baby soft!  If you have dry skin, it is great for adults to use also.  Either way, **Johnson's Baby Lotion **is a great way to pamper your skin or your babies!  **I like it!**

Johnson's Baby Lotion is Horrible

Johnson's baby products are overly advertized and over-rated. When my son was born, it was the first name I thought of when it came to baby moisturizers, body wash, oils, etc... So, of course, it was the first product I tried. At first, it seemed to work really well, but in less than a week, my son's pores started closing up and it felt like his entire body was covered in Keratosis Pilaris, otherwise known as Chicken Skin. He has eczema and I thought Johnsons, being such a popular product would help, but it had the complete opposite effect. We took him to a doctor within five days of starting the product, but the damage was already done. His skin had become so irritated, that he was covered nearly completely in splotchy red spots and scaly patches. It is my first time as a parent; to call the experience horrible and heartbreaking would be an understatement.

I will admit that as a parent to a child with eczema, I am probably overly harsh reviewing this product. However, that being said, I can confidently say that, as far as moisturizing products for your baby are concerned, Johnson's is not the best out there. I will never recommend their product line to anyone.

the best baby lotion you can buy

Comments about Johnson's Baby Lotion:

I love this Johnson's baby lotion for two reasons, I like it for myself and I use it on my son. I love the texture of this lotion, its thick and really creamy. It absorbs quickly and goes on smoothly, leaving our skin really soft. I always put it on my son after he takes a bath and its makes him smell good and his body is always so smooth. It has a soft powder scent that's very light and mild. I love using this lotion for myself because its really moisturizing to my body. It doesn't leave us with a greasy feel and its very gentle. Its not harsh and it made my skin less dry.My skin stays feeling hydrated and nourished. Its the perfect everyday lotion for both of us, I even carry a little bottle with me just in case we get dry. I would definitely recommend this to anybody of any age, it really does make your skin feel silky smooth. I'm always pleased with how it works on our skin and I will continue to buy it.

Does the job

Comments about Johnson's Baby Lotion:

This baby lotion has a classic scent that is not too strong or harsh. The lotion is good overall and does the job, but for winter months or children with dryer skin, I would recommend a thicker lotion. This lotion works, but is not a miracle lotion. To be very effective you would need to apply multiple times per day. This is not only useful for babies, but also works very well for adults alike. The only downside is you use more than you would like trying to warm it up because it disappears as soon as it touches your skin. You also need more than other lotions because you must apply more frequently.

This lotion works, but seems more watery than other lotions. I would recommend a thicker lotion for dryer months or children with more moisturizing needs.

Good scent, not too strong or harsh, but pleasant.

Absorption
Absorbs well, but it seems to absorb too quickly so you need to apply more frequently to get desired effect.

Gentle on faces!

Comments about Johnson's Baby Lotion:

Johnson's pink baby lotion is the only lotion I will put on my face and almost the only for my body. I used to use expensive, made for faces creams, but found I later my face was red, blotchy and was breaking out. I used Johnson's on my body but decided to use in on my face and haven't looked back. I've been using it for over 10 years. Besides it's gentleness the scent is one of my favorite smells on the planet. I pair it with my favorite perfume for quite a delicious scent combination. I get complimented frequently.
I keep a bottle at work and home and use it several times a day as needed.

The first ingredient is water, therefore once the water evaporates you feel the need to reapply but I only find this necessary on very dry, cold days when there is no humidity.

Smells better/different on adults than babies. It doesn't smell like actual baby powder, but better. It smells like heaven.

Absorption
Absorbs quick and its NOT GREASY!!!

Johnson's baby lotion

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Johnson's Baby Lotion:

Johnson's baby lotion in the pink bottle is a classic baby lotion! Of course I was excited to receive some at my baby shower right before i had my son! It really complements that new baby smell so well. I still use this lotion on my son four years later and I even use this lotion for myself as well! It smells really good, It has a very fresh and clean scent. It absorbs into the skin very well and it doesn't leave me feeling sticky or greasy. It helps keep both mine and my sons skin moisturized and it even works well on very dry skin. It's gentle enough to use on a daily basis and it doesn't irritate even newborn skin and it doesn't cause any break outs or reactions to my psoriasis. I would definitely recommend Johnson's baby lotion to all mothers with kids of any age and for anyone who has a hard time finding lotion that doesn't irritate their sensitive skin, this lotion doesn't have to be just for babies!

Johnson's baby lotion

from Georgia

Comments about Johnson's Baby Lotion:

Having acne for ten years, I haven't been able to use many lotions on my face without having a negative reaction until now. Although Johnson's baby lotion Is typically used on baby's skin, I found that it also works wonders on adult skin also, especially those that have acne. Other lotions I have used have left my skin extremely aggrevated and oily, only causing me to breakout more. I first decided to use this product when my face got super dry due to a lack of moisture. I was afraid to apply any lotion, worrying that I would breakout so I grabbed this baby lotion, read that it was hypo-allergenic and began applying hoping for the best. I let the lotion sit on my skin and I had no breakouts. My face was also no longer dry. I highly recommend this product for it not only helps prevent excessive oil secretion in the skin but also has a really nice scent that leaves you smelling extremely fresh. I think this product is very effective and gentle on the skin. I recomment Johnson's baby lotion for people who have acne and dry/oily skin.

• Absorption:

Johnson's Baby Lotion is great for sensitive skin!

Comments about Johnson's Baby Lotion:

I love this lotion. I have very sensitive skin, and this lotion moisturizes gently. It also smells great! The smell always relaxes my baby right away, and she sleeps better with the lotion on. I do not recommend it for eczema as it did not work for my baby, but it is sufficient for moisturizing.

Johnson's Baby Lotion: Not Just For Babies

Comments about Johnson's Baby Lotion:

Everyone likes the sweet, clean scent of a baby. Johnson's baby lotion provides that scent every time you use it. I used it on my kids because it moisturized their delicate skin and smelled like babies ought to. However, it's not just for babies and kids. I have used it for years on my hands and arms to moisturize and it works wonderfully. Women have delicate skin too and baby lotion is perfect for us. My husband always tells me how it smells so good on my skin. I use it right before bed on my hands and elbows. It never leaves a greasy film either. I recommend it for babies of course but for women and men too. I use it to give my bubble bath a clean, fresh scent while drawing the water. Use it because it works and you won't be sorry. Don't be fooled by the off brand imitation lotion, Johnson's is the only one that works!

Fabulous.

• Absorption:

The greatest baby lotion there is...for normal skin.

Comments about Johnson's Baby Lotion:

I used this lotion with my baby girl and absolutely loved that it was non-greasy, it was light, it went on nice and smooth and it smelled great. I dealt with minor skin flakes and dry patches and this worked great in keeping her skin hydrated.

I wouldn't recommend this lotion for babies dealing with eczema or severe cases of skin conditions but if you're just looking for moisturizers and a lotion to keep the baby's skin from becoming too dry, flaky or rough then this is the lotion for you. Johnson and Johnson has always been a brand in my house.

The smell is Divine. Keeps the baby smelling fresh. The baby scent is light on the nose and should irritate the baby unless there are severe skin condition otherwise like mentioned before this should not be used.

Absorption
Because it is very smooth and non greasy it absorbs well. It glides right on and you can massage it onto baby's skin. I absolutely love the feeling it leaves behind. I've used it for myself.

I love this lotion!

Comments about Johnson's Baby Lotion:

I love this lotion I feel it it the best one out of the bunch in the Johnson and Johnson product line. It makes my babies skin so soft and leaves it smelling so good! She has sensitive skin and it is gentle and great for her skin! I love to use it after shaving my legs as well and it helps cool and return the moisture to my skin.

I love the smell! It has the clean baby smell to it! I can't really describe it but it is very pleasing.

Absorption
Absorbs wonderfully does not leave the skin oily or greasy afterwards.

• Absorption:

Love this product, even after twenty-six years

Comments about Johnson's Baby Lotion:

I choose to give Johnson's Baby Lotion a ten because I've been using it for twenty-six almost twenty-seven years and love it.

It's wonderful at keeping skin moist and preventing dryness.

The scent is very relaxing and comforting; I use it not only on myself but have used it on my younger sisters when they were babies as well as my niece and nephew.

Absorption
This baby lotion absorbs very quickly and unlike a lot of other lotions it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and itchy or greasy.