Other Baby Lotions:

Johnson's Baby Bedtime Lotion

Pros

Cons

Bed Time Bath Time Anytime You Need a Break

There is something to be said for aromatherapy. It is true that the aroma of peppermint or cinnamon can lift your spirits or provide energy and that chamomile and lavendar can help you relax.  **Johnson & Johnson Bedtime Lotion** does just that if not for baby, at least for this busy mom of 4.

**Johnson & Johnson Bedtime Lotion Fast Facts**

- not greasy
- soft, white, easily applied lotion
- dries quickly so skin is moisturized but not greasy
- the scent of lavendar and chamomile
- mild, hypoallergenic formula

***My Viewpoint:* Johnson & Johnson Bedtime Lotion's **aroma is much less obvious than the Bedtime Bathwash. As a result I can use it anytime from naps to just needed a little aromatherapy relaxation during the day. It's not a magic lotion that automatically puts you or your baby to sleep for hours, but it does help with calming down from the day and creating a soothing bedtime ritual for either a nap or bedtime.  Your skin and your baby or child's skin is silky smooth after using **Johnson & Johnson Bedtime Lotion **and you smell wonderfully. I think some of it's effectiveness or lack has to do with your use and expectations, but there is something to be said for lavendar and chamomile and the sweet sweet scent as well as soft smooth skin - on your or your baby.

Great lotion - does NOT assist with bed time

**While this is again another Johnson's baby product that lives up to the high quality you expect because it has the Johnson name on it - I do not think that this product does anything more than normal lotions to soothe my kids or help put them to sleep. The consistency of the lotion is just perfect - not too thick and creamy, but not too watery or thin either. Every time you use it, it goes on perfectly and leaves you and your baby smelling like lavender. The lotion is very smoothing to baby skin and does not leave clothing or other article with a greasy feel. In our experience though, that lavender scent does NOT assist baby in calming down and going to sleep any quicker than normal. So while this is a great baby lotion, I did not give this the full five stars because it does not do what it claims to do. If you are looking for a great lotion with a pleasant scent, regardless of the "bedtime assistance" claims though, this is a great lotion to try! **

My favorite baby lotion hands down for my son.

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Lotion:

I would strongly recommend for any parent to use this lotion on babies not only does it have a great lavender scent that is not too strong but leaves my son and daughters body hydrated and not oily. Another thing is this is a great product for babies with sensitive dry skin. This lotion will help relax fussy babies especially when used with the matching Johnson's bedtime bath wash. I honestly do not have anything negative to say about this lotion because it is even cheap to buy.

The Johnsons lavender lotion leaves my babies skin feeling moisturized all day long and helps to relax and sooth him to sleep at night.

The lavender scent is perfect not to strong just enough to keep the babies smelling amazing all day long.

Absorption
Leaves my babies skin moisturized but not too oily. This product also worked great on my kids dry ashy knees from crawling around the floor all the time.

• Absorption:

A great lotion thats soothing

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Lotion:

My son is very dry especially in the night time. I seen this Johnson's baby bedtime lotion and I right away fell in love with the way this lotion smelled. It had a nice lavender scent that was very lightweight. The texture of this lotion was thick and it went on smoothly. This lotion was very nourishing to my sons body. It moisturized his dryness and made his skin really soft. His skin didn't seem so dry anymore and he smelled great. His skin stayed hydrated all day. This lotion was very calming and soothing. I noticed when I applied it to his body he's been going to bed faster. He's been staying asleep longer and his body is really soft. I will definitely keep buying this lotion because its great to his skin. Its very mild and gentle to his body. I recommend this lotion to any parent who wants there little one smelling good and having soft moisturized skin that doesn't have a greasy feel.

• Absorption:

I love using this on my daughter even if it's not bedtime.

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Lotion:

I always use Johnson's baby bedtime lotion after I give my daughter a bath. I also use it at other times too to keep her smelling fresh. I use this along with the bedtime baby shampoo and it seems to work really good as far as relaxing my baby. It keeps her calm after we use it and she seems to fall asleep faster. I think she likes the feeling of being pampered though. I really love the scent of this lotion, so much that I sometimes use it myself.

My daughter is usually calm after I put the lotion on her.

This lotion smells so good. Every time I put it on my daughter everyone that holds her says she smells really good and cute. I love the scent so much that I don't think I'll buy another brand of lotion for her. I have some Aveeno baby lotion but it's unscented so I haven't used it because I like my daughter smelling good all the time.

Absorption
It works good on my daughter. I noticed her little feet get dry sometimes so as soon as I put the lotion on her, the dryness goes away and her feet are fine the rest of the day.

Johnson's

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Lotion:

Johnson's baby bedtime lotion was such a blessing when my son was a newborn baby! He had a lot of trouble sleeping and he suffered from colic. We would literally be up past midnight and then be up a million times during the night and then be up bright and early at six in the morning! So when I saw Johnson's bedtime baby lotion on the shelf at the store when I was on a diaper run I figured it really couldn't get much worse! I am so glad that I found this product! It's clinically proven to help babies sleep and it definetly worked for my son. After his bath at night I would get him all dried up with the towel and then put some of this lotion on his arms and legs and his tummy and back. I noticed the results the next morning when I actually woke up feeling rested! Of course he was a newborn so he would wake up to eat about twice at night but he fell asleep so much easier and he cried a lot less at night and just slept a lot more peacefully. This lotion smells great too like lavender! It helped his skin stayed moisturized as well since he was a winter born baby. Would highly recommend for babies who have trouble sleeping or have colic!

It is a ripoff.

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Lotion:

I bought this for my newborn and it didn't relieve her fussiness at all. It also made her skin dry. Maybe it works for some babies, because I had previously used it with my son 11 years ago and it helped somewhat.

It depends on the level of fussiness of your baby and how often you use it.

The scent is strong and smells really good. I do love its scent.

Absorption
It absorbs pretty fast and is not greasy at all.

• Absorption:

A follow up to our bed time wash and love it!

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Lotion:

We start our nightly routine using the bed time bath wash which has immensely changed our nightly routine for the better. Bathtime was always fun but seemed to rev my little guy rather than to calm him down. He would be so amped up by the time we were drying off and getting our lotion and diaper on...not anymore. Since I started using the lavender scented wash and lotion, he has settled down and bath time is still fun but after bath time is peaceful. He gets a massage with the lotion and he loves it. We sing quiet songs, read a book, have a bottle, and drift to sleep. Prior to the change, he wanted to bounce, roll around, babble, and once we'd put his blanket sleeper on him the meltdown would ensue and it would take another our to get him in his crib if not longer...

Works like a charm. I have used on late nights where we may have had to do a quick cleanup before bed rather than a full out bath and still seems to ell settle him down.

I love the scent of lavender and use it for aromatherapy throughout my home. I also use lavender essential oils in his vaporizer.

Absorption
It is a light weight formula and absorbs easily into his skin. I, use it as well and have sensitive skin. I have not had any problems using on my skin either. it is a keeper!

I love this product

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Lotion:

I'm a first time mother, and I wasn't sure what to buy my baby at frirst because there was a lot of products out there and they all seemed very similar.
Well, that was until I got the baby bedtime lotion. I honestly didn't believe in it help babies sleep better. Bit it does, in some weird way it does work like that.

I love the smell of this lotion, it is very calming and just smells refreshing and nice.

My friend used this lotion for the longest, and I always wondered why her baby smell so good all day long. And that when I found out that she wasn't just using the baby bedtime shampoo but also the lotion, which made the smell last all day long.

I am going to be using this lotion with not only my first baby but also for the babies to come. That's how much I love this lotion. I also have stocked up a whole bunch because I found a good cheap deal on them.
And I will be recommending it to all the mom and to be moms that I mom.

Lets go nite nite!

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Lotion:

You can use it after the bath and it puts them right to sleep. Something about it just always made my kids so so sleepy. So I just love it of course. I always use this or the bedtime bath. Either one has the same affect. We always have both products in our house because there is just nothing better. Its a brand you can trust because it always delivers what it says.

My Girls Love It

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Lotion:

I am not much of a fan of the smell of lavender but this lotion really does what it says. From the day my 2 daughters were born I have put this lotion on them after bath time at night. After using it on my first daughter before bedtime I could feel how relaxed she became. My second daughter was a whinny baby but when I put this lotion on her she would instantly become calmer. It helps moisturize and relaxes you child. I truly believe this lotion has helped my daughters fall asleep. The smell of lavender in this lotion isnt very strong so it didnt bother me much. Even if the smell did bother me I would deal with it to make my daughters happy.

This lotion does exactly what it says on the bottle. It helps your child calm down and fall asleep and keeps babies skin soft and healthy.

I do not like the smell of lavender. This lotion even though it is lavender I dont mind it much.

Absorption
It works great. This product is easy to use and isnt messy at all.

Bed time lotion

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Lotion:

I just love the smell of this lotion. Plus you don't have to use that much for it to moisten you childs skin. Right after I give my son a bath I put the lotion on him. And most of the time within 10 minutes he falls asleep. I don't know what they put in the lotion but when they say nighttime lotion, they mean it.

I just love the smell of this lotion. I would rather use this lotion all day everyday than any other lotion I have tried.

Absorption
You really don't have to use that much for it to work. That is one thing that I love about it.