Other Baby Lotions:
Johnson's

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

It's not just for baby & eye makeup removal-it softens lips too!

**BEST**  eye makeup remover...**HANDS DOWN!  **A friend of mine introduced me to it...I used to use lancome, then switched to clinique...then my Mom said, 'use vaseline'...that was the best then when I tried my friends lavendar scented baby oil gel by Johnson's...there was no looking back..or spending an astronomical amount of money for a tiny little bottle that didn't even do its job!  All the others I used used to leave it feeling oily and greasy...But I use the Johnson's Baby Oil GEL in lavendar and it is WAY cheaper...its more convenient bc I'm a Momma..so when I pick it up...I don't have to go all the way to the makeup section...I'm already in the baby section! I just add a little dab in a kleenex or a round cotton pad and wipe while enjoying a calming scent!  There is no burning...no tissue or cotton residue...then, I just wipe again with a clean one for good measure..and WHALLA! I thought it being a gel and oil base, it would leave me feeling sticky...and it doesn't...it actually makes my eyelids smooth!! (but dont use it all over face, as that oil base in large amounts will not show love to your face...don't want pimples!)I LOVE IT. NEVER going to spend a penny on another expensive so-called 'eye makeup remover' again...this is definately the way to go!  Not to mention, most eye remover bottles out there are the screw top...this has a flip lid...so no more messy spills or needing to use two hands to open and close! Another way to use this product...is just a little dab on your finger to use and put on your lips before bedtime...(not where its thick and glossy) - but just a littlebit...and the next morning..your lips will be soft, smooth, and moisturized!!

Thanks, Johnson's!

Not the best solution

Using baby oil as an eye makeup remover is not the best solution for removing eye makeup. Yes, it does work, but it can cause little breakouts on your eyelids because the oil left on your skin, which is very delicate there absorbs the oil left while after you removed your makeup. I recommend using special products like those makeup remover towels. I used to use baby oil, but got a small boil of fat on my eyelids and had to see the doctor to have it removed since it was very bothersome, and he suggested not to use anything oily on that part of my face especially for removing makeup, and haven't used baby oil for this purpose since then.

There are many ways to use this baby oil!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Johnson's Baby Oil:

I didn't know much about Johnson's baby oil until recently. I had this when my child was a baby and it did work for baby massages, but other than that I didn't know what to do with it. Since then I have discovered many other uses for it. It can be used for a makeup remover, unsticking a zipper, helping with squeaking in your house, removing gum, shaving, removing stickers, getting paint off of skin, making a bath oil or furniture polish and a lot more. It is handy to have in your house. It is a little greasy, but I think that's the point. This also is great for massaging adult backs also. I would recommend giving this stuff a try. I would use it again.

It is effective in doing multiple jobs. It's great for giving your baby a relaxing massage before bed or for other things that you may have never thought about. Just look it up on the internet and you'll find all sorts of ways to use this product. I think that it works great.

It has a nice soft scent. Not much to it, but it isn't bad.

• Absorption:

Great product to immediately rehydrate your skin.

Comments about Johnson's Baby Oil:

If you're skin is drying out to the point of cracking and splitting/bleeding, this oil is great to rehydrate and fix dry skin. How great is it? I own Cetaphil hand cream and found that baby oil did a much better job. Another case in point, my mom had heels that were chapped and hardened but after applying baby oil every night for a week, it softened by a great amount.

The main downside is oily application points. If you use it on your hands, wear mittens or something because you'll be leaving oil marks on whatever you touch.

Like I said, I own Cetaphil hand cream and yet, this baby oil does a much better job at keeping my hands hydrated over time per application. In short, baby oil lasts longer from my experience.

The scent is a bit too heavy for me. It has that powdery smell, but with a heavy effect. I'm not too sure how else to explain it.

Absorption
The oil absorbs really well. I intended to apply some to my legs and arms by first rubbing them in my palm to spread it out first but by the time I went to apply them to my legs and arms, not much was left.

With that said, I suggest you apply onto your leg directly first and spread it around using one finger before rubbing it in.

• Absorption:

Who said baby oil is just for babies

Comments about Johnson's Baby Oil:

This stuff is amazing. I suffer from dry skin and use the oil on my knees and elbows. It works better than lotion. I also use it as a hand treatment at night. I rub it into my hands and put gloves on. When I wake up my skin is silky smooth. It can also be used to help get rid of yellowness in your nails from polish.

I absolutely love the scent.

Absorption
It will feel oily after you put it on. That's why I put something over it after I use it.

• Absorption:

Even if you don't have a kid!

Comments about Johnson's Baby Oil:

I know this baby oil is technically for babies... but it's actually great for women too! After you take a shower you can just massage the baby oil into your wet skin and it makes for a really good moisturizer. It definitely takes a little bit to soak in so putting on clothes right after might not be the best idea unless you like the way your clothes stick to your skin. Personally, I hate that feeling so I would suggest waiting. Otherwise, it really makes your skin baby soft! Another thing you can use it for is for shaving! While your skin is still wet, smear some baby oil on your legs and shave! It gets a really close cut and ends up moisturizing your legs at the same time. NO MORE expensive shaving creams! The only downside is that it makes your tub super slick so make sure you have a mat that stops you from cracking your head open.The smell isn't very strong but it's pretty distinct. Not unpleasant at all.

Great product.

Comments about Johnson's Baby Oil:

I really love this product. The oil is great on my baby's skin and hair. It keeps her skin smooth, soft, and hydrated. She also loves to have a nice oil massage after her bath. Great for my hands too. ;) I recommend it, and primarily used this over the baby lotion while she was a newborn.

Comments about Johnson's Baby Oil:

Johnson's Baby Oil is a marvellous product that to my mind, is undersold by it's own name. What do I mean by this? Well, clearly babies and toddles benefit from the application of this soothing, lightly scented oil shortly after having a bath, not least because it takes somewhat of a spa-like massage to apply it properly. In addition, it locks in moisture which is so easily and quickly lost in little ones. However, this luxury spa treatment should not be used by bairns alone! Indeed, it is also good for not so young ones to lock in moisture, keep skin looking supple and radiant. Of course I would never apply this oil just before heading out the door to work or Sunday church, but it is great just after bathing but before going to bed. I'm sure the experts would say some magic happens whilst you are sleeping which helps your skin restore itself. Either way, this is a fabulous luxury product that I'm sure is affordable for every pocket.

makes my skin very soft

Comments about Johnson's Baby Oil:

I use this baby oil on a regular basis. I pour it into my bath and it makes even very dry skin, soft and smooth. I don't put it directly on my skin. I also never use it on my daughters because lotion works good enough for them. If you pour it in your bath, you have to be careful because it will make the bathtub very slippery even after draining the water. It's works wonders on my dry skin though and smells great. I just wish it was a bit cheaper.

It makes my body feel like a baby

Comments about Johnson's Baby Oil:

I use Johnsons Baby Oil all the time and I have never been disappointed. My primary application is in the tub. Yep that's right, I squirt some right in the tub as I take a bath. It helps just give my skin a nice smooth feel. I swear it gives me a closer shave on my legs. It keeps my skin nice and moist for the next forty eight hours. So when I had my twins seven years ago, I used it on them each time I gave them a bath. I used it to not only moisten their skin but to give baby massages. It smells so good too. The smell is not too powerful. It's just right for a fresh clean smell. Johnsons Baby Oil is he best defense against the cold winters in Michigan. It works on extra dry hands and elbows too. One of the major benefit is the price. I skip all the expensive skin products because this works just a nice if not better for a fraction of the cost. I have sensitive skin and this product has never irritated it.

Great for childrens massage

Comments about Johnson's Baby Oil:

Sometimes my little one asks for a massage when she's having a few growing pains, and Johnson's baby oil works great. It's not sticky, has a light scent, and glides on easy. This is also a great baby oil to have on hand for the occasional dry skin problem.

I like how these bottles are child-proof too, that way they don't spill all over the place.

Amazing.

Comments about Johnson's Baby Oil:

I use baby oil for myself, and my son. It leaves my skin soft and silky without irritating my sensitive skin, and does the exact same for my son. It never makes his eczema break out, and it keeps him soft and smelling good. I love this product and would recommend it to anyone.