Other Riding Mowers & Tractors:

John Deere Lawn Tractor

John Deere X740 Ulitmate diesel lawn mower

from Rural Retreat, VA

Comments about John Deere Lawn Tractor:

OK, first I have to say that my John Deere is my baby. I am soley responsible for all of my lawn work and I could not do it without this mower. I live in the country and have over five acres to keep up with. It is rough terrain with some steep hills. The X740 has the power and speed to get the job done. I have the Edgextra 62 inch cutting system the large size speeds up my mowing time. The blade height is very easy to adjust and always gives me a clean even cut. It has a foot operated differential lock to give me extra traction when I am doing the hills and power steering makes maneuvering easy. The seat is adjustable with a sliding lock, I am short so this helps me reach the pedals. It comes with halogen headlights that are great when dusk sets in, they are very bright. I like the back up features on this model. There is a backup light and a warning beep. If you forget to shut down the blades it automatically shuts off as soon as you start to back up. The X740 gives a very smooth ride. I had upgraded from a JD455 and this one rides way smoother. It includes a cup holder, 12-volt power outlet and a little tool box mounted on the side. There are many attachments available for this nodel and I hope to purchase a loader for it next year. Like I said before, this mower makes my lawn work so much easier and I cannot recommened it enough.