Other Riding Mowers & Tractors:

John Deere 48" 24hp Ultimate Lawn Tractor

Pros

Cons

• Handling:

John Deere Riding Lawn Mower is my husband's best friend!

We purchased our John Deer Riding Lawn Mower last year to mow our acreage. I didn't think it was worth spending the extra money for a lawn mower that we would use a few months out of the year. On the other hand, my husband felt that this would be a well worth investment for future years worth of mowing. I hate to admit it, but he was probably right. And since he was the one using it, I let him chose which one to buy. The John Deere Riding Lawn Mower is my husband's best friend in the summer. The lawn looks great after he is done. The lawn mower is quiet which is so nice when you have toddlers and infants taking afternoon naps. It is easy to clean according to my husband. He likes the bigger mowing deck because it doesn't take too long to mow the acreage. He has been very pleased with the John Deere sales people and customer service. He changed the oil himself and didn't think it was too bad. He's really enjoying his purchase. Thanks John Deere!

SAVE YOUR MONEY ON JOHN DEERE LAWN MOWERS!

John Deere is NOT an inexpensive machine....Yet, since we've had it (little over a year) we've had one problem after another...and ALL of the John Deere shops have disappeared so that IF we want to pay their exhorbitant prices to work on it , we have to travel to another state!  It's a LEMON and we will NEVER EVER purchase another John Deere product. Be warned...get a Gravely...we had it for 15+ years with NO problems.

Responsive Quality

from Milford, OH

Comments about John Deere 48" 24hp Ultimate Lawn Tractor:

I've had several riding mowers all different brands and when my wife said get a John Deer I didn't think twice. From the moment I got it home mowing went from a chore to something I look forward too. Great performance that gives me great results.

Even cutting and smooth ride- love it. Having a few hilly areas my Deer has never failed to get me up or down some areas that in the past have been an issue.

Handling
Don't give 10 often so a strong 9 means it gets me where I need to go forward and backwards. I find the turning to be very responsive to helping even in trimming some tight turns.

Built well and easy to maintain with the cleaning port for under the deck hose attachment and oil change quick click cap. Filter too gives me an assurance that my engine is being protected more than others I've owned.

John Deere 48" 24hp Ultimate Lawn Tractor's a great riding mower

from Pennsylvania

Comments about John Deere 48" 24hp Ultimate Lawn Tractor:

We bought this mower last summer and it's been a great mower for us. We've had cheaper brands that aren't as reliable and dependable as a John Deere so we switched when we bought our push mower a few years ago and we couldn't be happier.

This riding mower has been dependable and reliable for us. It always starts right up and we haven't had any problems with it.

Handling
The John Deere 48" 24hp Ultimate Lawn Tractor is easy to maneuver throughout our one acre yard that is lined with trees and hills. It goes around the curves with ease without scaring me that it's going to tip over.

We only had this mower for a year but we've had our push John Deere mower for many years and we are very pleased with this company's products. They are a little more expensive but are built to last and won't have to be replaced as often as cheaper models.

Bought to replace another John Deere

from Liberty, KY

Comments about John Deere 48" 24hp Ultimate Lawn Tractor:

So far, so good. We bought this unit a few months ago to replace an older John Deere that had finally failed (it was over 30 years old). We are so far just as happy with this one. It has a smooth ride. Easy controls. Good horsepower. It makes it up our steep lawn and hills with ease. A combination of hand and foot controls are a good compromise.

Very good so far, but that's what I'd expect from this name brand. It has a lot of power. The blades have been very strong, and we sometimes neglect our lawn for a bit, so the grass gets very, very high. Weeds are a nightmare on our property, and this unit hits and decapitates them with ease. We use it for about six hours each week, and it's acting the same today as the day we got it.

Handling
While it can't get as close as a zero turn mower, it gets closer than the other riding lawn mowers we already own. Unlike older models, this one is low set which allows us to easily duck or go under lower tree branches when mowing in our orchard.

I hope it lasts as long as our last John Deere.

Solid Mower

from Hartford, CT

Comments about John Deere 48" 24hp Ultimate Lawn Tractor:

I had this John Deere riding mower for about five years. It served me well but was not ideal.

I have a rather large lawn area (about 1.5 acres of grass) and need a mower that can not only mow all of my grass, but can pick up all the leaves in the fall. For this reason I purchased the extra bagger for the mower. I wasn't impressed with the bagger. Instead of hard plastic bins like most models use it had fabric bags which were difficult to empty completely and gave out in just about three years which was very frustrating.

The mower itself mowed well, but I constantly had to have it in for repairs, starting the very same year that I purchased it. I had it in for repairs at least three times that first summer and fall, each time lasting about two weeks. During those weeks I was forced to mow with a push mower which was not fun.

The features are good, with the headlights, adjustable mowing height, cup holder, etc. The bagger was the best ever add on for it and although I had to replace the bags it was definitely a good choice.

Overall, this was a good mower, but nothing spectacular. Because of the frequent repairs I really cannot recommend it, but perhaps I just had a lemon model.

Gets the job done

Comments about John Deere 48" 24hp Ultimate Lawn Tractor:

Big John Deere fan right here! I have about a medium sized yard and I go this mower a while back. NEVER have had any problems with it. So user friendly, and very comfortable to ride on. I can mow my yard about three times before having to fill it up which is great considering I have to fill my push mower up twice to get one mowing complete. I love this mower and I think its a great tool for anyone to use.

• Handling:

john deer is the most reliable mower you can get

from Griffin, GA

Comments about John Deere 48" 24hp Ultimate Lawn Tractor:

john deer are fantastic mowers ,they are priced for quality ,comfort aand goos cutting with added power tha they have really adds to the excellent products they provide.they come in a very great variety of mowers ,tractorsand push and self propelled mowers and mulchers .john deer has been a high quality and everlasting veriety of tractors,mowers and other products for years nad will be for many years to come.they also make your lawns look great after a cutting.if they are your first time mower or yor already a part of the john deer family you will love their prducts and services,so i recommend jon deer products to anyone for any size jobs you have whether a large lawn or a giant field or any project have to do thank you and use john deer prducts.

Love my John Deere

from Warrensburg, MO

Comments about John Deere 48" 24hp Ultimate Lawn Tractor:

We moved intot he country into a house with 4 acres. When we went riding mower shopping we test drove all sorts of brands. When I come around the corner on the John Deere grinning the hubby knew it was sold. We have had it now for 3 years and have had NO problems with it. Yes it was an investment but this mower helps cut our mowing time in half. As soon as we can get a out building put up hubby wants to buy another John Deere. His and Hers!!

We love it!

from Mecosta, MI

Comments about John Deere 48" 24hp Ultimate Lawn Tractor:

My husband and I bought a new John Deere lawn mower last year, and we really love it. We also got the leaf bagger to go with it. We live in the woods with lots of leaves, and raking had gotten to be quite a chore. With this, we can run over the lawn ever couple of days and keep it clean until the next wind blows or more leaves come down. An added benefit is that the leaves are all chopped up, so they compost much more quickly. Since we add these to our compost pile, it is a great advantage. We are looking forward to a much easier time of keeping the lawn looking nice. It is very easy to start and to steer, which is important to me. I found that it was not difficult to empty the bags, either. They were not too heavy or combersome for me to manage. We parked a trailer near the yard, so we did not have to drive to the compost or garden everytime the bags filled. The only part of cleaning that it did not pick up were the tons of acorns. Do you think if we lowered the mower deck it might get more of those?

John Deere Riding Lawn Mower is my husband's best friend!

from Colo, IA

EXCELLENT! Well built!

from Bohemia, NY

Comments about John Deere 48" 24hp Ultimate Lawn Tractor:

We had a Craftsman Lawn Tractor that lasted a good 12 years before it literally blew a head gasket. The price of fixing it was more than what the tractor was worth. We went tractor shopping and looked for something that was a good price and was good quality. We decided to go with the John Deere and have been extremely happy!!

When we first got it, it DID idle rough, but after a few uses, it started up just fine. We not only use it for lawn mowing, but as we also have goats and horses, we use it for farm chores.

It has enough power to tow a dump cart with 300-400 pounds of hay at a time. We also have the snow plow attachment and tire chains which came in EXTREMELY helpful during the multiple blizzards that we had last winter! We were the envy of the snowblower using neighborhood! When we have an abundance of mud, we use the plow as a "scraper" and tractor has enough horse power to not get stuck.