Other Riding Mowers & Tractors:
Craftsman

Pros

Cons

Great tractor does its job quickly

My husband and I recently purchased this Craftsman lawn tractor, and we are very pleased with this product. We replaced a Cub Cadet, and initially we were not impressed, thinking that the Craftsman was not as good of a machine. However, in using it regularly this spring and into the summer, we have been very happy with how it has cut our lawn. We have about three acres to cut, and it is able to move quickly and do the job within a couple of hours. It cuts evenly, it is easy to steer, and it is powerful. It has been reliable and easy to figure out. It runs smoothly and somewhat quietly, and it is not jerky. It is a nice looking machine, and it has been a very reliable replacement for our former lawn tractor. We also got the plow attachment with it, though we won't be able to use that until winter. It seems very versatile, though. Overall, we are thrilled with this Craftsman tractor, and I would highly recommend it.

sears lawn tractor it is for left handed people, it shifts hard

I own a 2006 and just bought a 2010 and it's not as good as the first one. It sits up higher and mows great but the shifting is hard to get used to and it has all the options. Auto trans,7speed foward and reverse.You have to shift with your left hand and move the gears one at a time to shift at the same time you have to push the cluch just a little to move to higher or lower gear. The cluch pedal when in a high gear moves toward you to much,it is so far toward you it's uncomfortable. IT does however mow the lawn very well with the up and down lever on the right side of the driver. It has 5 hight levels and does a great job on all 5 levels. The hight gives you a better view of what is in front of you so you wont hit rocks or logs. I rent in a rural town and have 1 1/2 arcers to mow it takes 2 hours for me to mow with the new mower and 1 hour with the old one.I am not a pro at mowin lawns I just mow my own and the craftsman name is worth the money. With the new mower up hill is easier to mow than with the old one and it seems not to want to tip with you on it.

Great tractor does its job quickly

from Lagrange, OH

About Me Do-It-Yourself

Pros

• Adjustable Cut-Lengths
  • Easy to Push & Steer
  • Lightweight

Cons

• Large Lawns

from Booneville, AR

Comments about Craftsman Deck Lawn Tractor:

This is a good lawn mower. We've used it and never had to do anything to it but routine maintenance. Cuts our lawn well and starts and runs with out hesitation every time. My husband really likes it cuts down on our mowing time alot. It maneuver's well, turns tight and doesn't have to have a big turn around area.

Runs well and cuts well never hesitates to start. My hubby loves the tight turn radius.

Handling
    Maneuver's well turns easily doesn't have to have a big turn around and does really well.

All we've ever done is routine things to ours and its run good every time we've pulled it out its started and run with out hesitation.

Safety
    Its safe to use shuts off if you need to get off of it to pick something up.

Very easy to use our whole family uses it without any problems.

Engine Power
    Has great engine power never hesitates always runs as it should plenty of get up and go and doesn't lug going up hills.

• Safety:
    • Engine Power:

Smooth ride with a great mow

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Craftsman Deck Lawn Tractor:

This is a great mower and it is an exceptional value for the price. It packs a great deal of power and works extremely well to mow an entire large lot in what seems like no time at all. (Probably because you are having fun riding it). It can be a little tough to switch the gear, but overall it performs well and it is a very smooth ride. It cuts to a perfect length and does well with not leaving giant clumps. It even can handle a wet lawn with ease without getting stuck or causing clumping.

Great performance! It cuts perfectly and runs very smooth.

Handling
    Overall, this trator/mower has decent maneuverability. You can't cut tight corners or make small turns, but you can easily turn it at the end of the lawn and get it to move across the lawn well.

This mower holds up well to a variety of conditions and even does well on small hills, holes in the lawn, etc. It also holds up well when stored for the winter.

Riding Mower

Comments about Craftsman Deck Lawn Tractor:

I love my Craftsman lawn riding mower. I have a large yard to cut, and with this 52 inch cut, it cuts my time in more than half, compared to the 42 inch width I used to have. It's automatic, which makes it so much easier to handle, and my grandson is able to do the mowing when he comes over.

After mowing, my yard looks great. It's always cut evenly, no lines showing.

Handling
    The maneuvering is so much easier than the standard. I recently had shoulder surgery and am able to drive this one using my good arm without adding extra stress to the injured one. When I need to go in reverse, all I do is use my foot, it's so easy.

I've had my mower for three years and during the warm summers, I usually have to mow my lawn every four or five days, which lasts from March through October, and sometimes into November. The only thing I've had to do to it was put in a new battery, and that was just a couple of weeks ago.

sears lawn tractor it is for left handed people, it shifts hard

from Fennville, MI

Comments about Craftsman Deck Lawn Tractor:

Only one left in the store

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Craftsman Deck Lawn Tractor:

This is a fun little tractor to use. It boasts the tightest 16 inch turning radius of all the Craftsman tractors.

The only one that beats it, is this year's new model, zero-turn-radius, Revolution tractor - which is at a considerably HIGHER price point than the LT-2000.

One of the very best accessories for any tractor is some type of trailer.

The store used to have FIVE of these tractors on the floor. We're now down to just the ONE...

You get a whole different perspective, while riding ABOVE it all.

And, should you "find" a rock, stick, tomato cage, it's way better sitting above the blade than walking behind the blade - if ya know what I mean.

No matter if you have a small or large "yard", this cuts great!!

from Florence, MS

Comments about Craftsman Deck Lawn Tractor:

We have had a Craftsman riding lawn mower for 20+ years and it is still running with some repairs over time.....no doubt you get your money's worth and a good job done with a Craftmans mower or lawn tractor!!!

Craftsman mowers are built to last and a good investment.

from Burgoon, OH

32 YEARS OF MOWING AND PLOWING

We purchased our new Craftsman Lawn Mower this year to replace our old one which was purchased in 1976.  The 1976 Craftsman lawn mower is still running.  Every year that we owned that mower we mowed a large yard several times a week.

In the winter we attached a plow to the front of it and used it to push a lot of snow.  We have a long drive from our garage to the street.  Many times we helped our older neighbors to plow them out after a bad snow storm.

When we purchased that lawn mower we never imagined that we would recieve that many years of service.

We received such good service with the old mower that we wanted to replace it with a known value.  We got the new Craftsman Mower and we are very pleased with its performance. It works well for large lawns, and is comfortable to ride.

We also purchased a Craftsman snow blower for easier performance for the aging user.

it cuts but runs rough

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Craftsman Deck Lawn Tractor:

The lawn mower is good and comfortable and cuts great. But it started riding rough after only 6 months and was only used a regular st augustine home lawn. SO i believe it could ahve gotten alot more use before it staretd this.

The Craftsman riding mower 28813 is like having a sports car.

from Pittsboro, NC

Comments about Craftsman Deck Lawn Tractor:

This is a great mower.  It rides like a fancy sports car.  It cuts the grass with no problems.  It is awesome.  It even has a place to put your drink.  There is nothing like it.  Two thumbs up or 5 stars!!! What a great bargain!