4.8
Jif
Jif Creamy Peanut Butter

Jif Creamy Peanut Butter

4.8

Yes. I'm a choosy mother. And you can be too.

I like to buy different brands on many food items, but I stick with Jif for peanut butter. I tried various brands back in college (when money was tight) and discovered why they say, "Choosy moms choose Jif." Well, everyone called me the "choosy mother" when I insisted on Jif in college. The slogan actually does say "moms."

The main reason I stick with Jif is because the peanut flavor is better. Most peanut butters have too much oil. The taste is not peanuty enough. Jif is pure peanut flavor every time.

Jif is also nice and creamy. It does not separate like some brands. And it does not get hard and clumpy like others. It's consistantly nice and spreadable.

My oldest son carried a grape PB&J every single day of school after the first week of Kindergarten. The teacher told me he was not eating, so I packed his sandwich - cut in fourths on the diagonal. Peanut butter on both pieces of bread and jelly in the middle.

My younger son is now on a peanut butter cracker kick for school. He's not a big sandwich guy. He'd rather have a home cooked meal, but there's no way to heat that up.

I also use Jif in my Rice Krispy treats, chocolate drop cookies and in various other snacks like muffins.

You can see why I buy the 28 oz (or larger) in Jif. We go through a lot of it. Since it substitutes as protein, it's a cheap alternative to meat. That works out nice too.

Note: I actually love the extra crunchy the best, but my boys (like most kids) prefer the smooth.

Good peanut butter

It was the mid 1960's.I was probably six or seven  years old.  I had been watching the television commercial for Jif Peanut butter. In these adds an idividual was asked to take  the Jif taste test where they were given a spoonful of Jif and then a spoonful of another brand of Peanut Butter, without knowing which was which.  Of course they all chose Jif.  I decided to do the taste test at home, since Jif and Peter Pan were the brands of peanut butter in my home.  I did the test over and over until somehow I got too much Peanut butter in my mouth and it became hung in my throat.  I ran to my great grandmother unable to talk.  I was jumping up and down with tears streaming down my face.  I could not breathe.  I pointed and somehow my grandmother got the picture..  Dhe took the end of her apron and put in in my mouth and dislodged the excess peanut butter. I got a scolding but I was able to breath.  I still randomly use Jif Peanut Butter today.  I still has the same smooth creamy taste, isreasonably priced.  And no I do not do the taste any more.

I prefer Jif Creamy Peanut Butter over other brands!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Jif Creamy Peanut Butter:

I love Jif Creamy Peanut Butter. I always like to bargain shop and save money where I can but quality and taste are important to me. I have tried numerous name and store brands that just did not have all the positive qualities Jif has. I will pay the little extra to buy Jif because it is worth it. Jif tastes great. I have tried brands that taste too bitter and strongly of peanuts. Jif is perfect. I love the texture and consistency of this peanut butter. It is creamy so it spreads so nicely over bread and other things. It melts nicely and blends well when using in recipes. Overall, Jif is my favorite peanut butter.

My favorite peanut butter

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Jif Creamy Peanut Butter:

I like all peanut butters well enough, but this one is consistently smoother, creamier, and fresher than all the others. It spreads more nicely. Some other brands are sticky and not smooth. This one is simply better all around. I am quite willing to pay more for this brand than the store brands because the quality is better.

Best in the market.

Comments about Jif Creamy Peanut Butter:

I've tried many mass produced peanut butters on the market and am a loyal Jif customer as well as my entire family. It has a nice mild taste. Some peanut butters are very strong tasting which some people may prefer but if you prefer mild, this is the best!

Just had it as a snack! The best!

Comments about Jif Creamy Peanut Butter:

There is honestly nothing better than the taste of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or the taste of peanut butter on sliced apples. Why settle for anything less than the best? Jif naturally creamy peanut butter is the only way to go. There's a reason choosy moms choose it!

Jif has changed some and not as good tasting

from Portland, OR

Comments about Jif Creamy Peanut Butter:

Well - I may be the odd man out here, but I have always been a huge Jif fan over all other peanut butter brands because of the smooth consistency and "peanuty" flavor. But, I have noticed in the past few years or so, that the recipe has changed in the regular Creamy and Chunky Jif styles. It seems there is less sugar and salt in the new recipe and tastes about as bland as Skippy always tasted to me. I know this are probably not the premier ingredients that mother's or health conscience people want added back into Jif....but I can't seem to get used to it. I appreciate the other styles of peanut butter Jif has released with lower sodium, sugars, natural, hazelnut, etc...but why can't they leave the recipe alone for the regular style. Now, I find myself trying to match that flavor and can't seem to find it. I still think Jif is pretty "peanuty" and smooth, but the flavor falls a bit flat for me now and I rarely buy it anymore.

The ONLY peanut butter

Comments about Jif Creamy Peanut Butter:

I love Jif peanut butter it's one of the few things I am brand specific on. I have been eating it since I was little and every jar tastes the same as the last one...I love that I hate when products don't taste like they used too...new and improved isn't a part of the food world in my opinion

Jiff the brand eveyone should have

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Jif Creamy Peanut Butter:

Jiffy Peanut Butter.  what can't you do with jiffy peanut butter. i put it on celery sticks. i put on chocolate, crackers, toast, make cookies your my favorite peanut butter bars.  I buy this product in bulk.  it's cheap.  the other brands don't have the peanut taste like jiffy.  I'm a choosy person and i differently choose jiff

Got to love it

from Selden, NY

Comments about Jif Creamy Peanut Butter:

I love peanut butter and think Jiff is the best. great buy great tast use it in many things, cookies, ice cream, sandwiches, even with fruit :)        PB & J is the best with Jiff.  My kids even love it, crunch or smoooooth. Even right out of the jar.

yummy yummy

from Florence, SC

Comments about Jif Creamy Peanut Butter:

I go to the groceery store buy a cheap brand of peanut butter , I take it home... it taste is not so good, iIspread it on my bread and what do you think it does ?  it tears up my bread...Tried a lot of peanut butters but there is none as good as Jif Creamy peanut butter....its delicious , spreads on the bread creamy creamy smooth....I just love it.

The only peanut butter that still has that peanut taste!

from Dubuque, IA

Comments about Jif Creamy Peanut Butter:

When buying peanut butter this is the only one that my family chooses.  If any other they won'y eat it!  This has a creamy rich flavor taht you so often do not find in many products these days.  This is the only product to use in peanut butter cookies, they actually have a peanuty taste to them.  Price is right and tste is quality!