Other Condiments:
Nutella - Hazelnut Spread

Nutella - Hazelnut Spread

Pros

Cons

Goes with peanutbutter better then jelly!

I went back to oregon for Christmas. While there my daughter, who is 11 begged to go to the grocery store with my fiancee, my mother, and me. So upon storming the isles and taking in how much different Oregon is from Louisiana, my daughter grabbed Nutella off the shelf and asked if she could have it, swearing i had to try it and giving me puppy eyes. My fiancee ofcourse bought it for her. When we got home we opened it and i tried it for the first time and was plesantly surprised. This product is wonderful! my kids all love it and they prefer it to jelly. I now keep it stocked in my pantry.

Ferrero has changed the Nutella formula, and not for the better.

I remember the first time I ever had Nutella Spread. A Hungarian familly had brought it back from Budapest, and shared their obsession with us, and it became our obsession. A rich, creamy, hazelnut chocolate spread with many of the same health benefits of peanut butter and the most addictive, incredible taste. It was good on anything you could spread it on, from toast to bananas (schmeared on each bite as the banana was unpeeled). Unfortunately, the Nutella recipe has changed, and now instead of being a hazelnut cocoa spread flavored with sugar, it is a sugar spread flavored with hazelnut and cocoa. Sugar is now the main ingredient of the spread. It's a shame, since Nutella was created during WWII as a response to sugar rationing-- they found a way to make a delicious spread using less sugar. If only they'd kept it up! The spread still has a wonderful texture, and if you have an EXTREMELY sweet tooth, you'll still love the taste. But call me traditional (and health-conscious), I wish they'd go back to their old formula, where sugar wasn't the first ingredient on the list.

It's okay

from south australia

About Me Foodie, Health Conscious, Simple Tastes

Pros

• Easy To Prepare
  • Flavorful
  • Good Value
  • Non-Perishable
  • Well Packaged

Cons

• Add Flavor
    • Snack

Comments about Nutella - Hazelnut Spread:

It's great as a spread on bread or crackers, and it's even better if your making homemade chocolates and need something to put inside of them. If you have a weak stomach then it's probably not for you, as it's got quite a rich texture but in small amounts it's fine.

Nuts over Nutella

from Singapore, Singapore

Comments about Nutella - Hazelnut Spread:

Nutella is can be found in lots of stores. It is a must have for me and my family. If u are a fan of chocolate, this is the product for you. The chocolately taste of this is amazing. The smooth and rich texture makes it easier to spread on bread. Nutella is the bomb.

Delicious!

Comments about Nutella - Hazelnut Spread:

Nutella has to be one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten in my life!! I'm a die hard chocolate fan, and Nutella totally does it for me. It is extremely sweet, though, so if you're one of those people who doesn't like "sweet" sweets, Nutella probably isn't for you (which is fine, because that will just leave more for the rest of us :) It's not exactly cheap, so use it sparingly if you're on a tight budget, but if you're a chocolate fan, it'll be worth a bit of extra expense.

You can use Nutella for a lot of different things. You can have it on crackers, toast, fruit, pancakes, or just about anything you'd like chocolate on. I personally just eat a small teaspoon of the stuff right out of the jar. The to-go backs are also great, with the cookie sticks that you can dip in the Nutella. You pretty much can't go wrong with it. I also like to mix it with chocolate syrup to thin it out and make an extra-rich chocolate syrup to use with ice cream.

Not Bad!

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Nutella - Hazelnut Spread:

Nutella Hazelnut Spread taste really great. Nutella isn't overly sweet and has a smooth butter texture to it. I like to use this spread on toast, rice cakes and fresh strawberries. If you love the taste of chocolate and hazelnut, this is the perfect spread for you.

This Is So Yummers!

Comments about Nutella - Hazelnut Spread:

Wow! I am so glad that I finally decided to try Nutella...it is honestly one of the best things that I have ever tasted. I love love love how Chocolatey it is without being overly chocolatey. I spread it on toast, bagels, muffins, pretzels, a huge variety of cookies and a whole lot more. My nieces and nepehews love it, and that's saying something because they are really picky eaters. So I guess it's safe to say that it is great for kids :) I use it as dip when I host parties. If you have never tried it then I must encourage you to do so. I promise you that you won't regret it. Who would've thought tat hazelnuts and chocolate would taste so good together? Whoever created this was a genius haha. I love the sweetness of it and I also love how it's not too many calories. That's very important for someone who's on a diet but still wants to indulge a bit. The price isn't bad either, since it's so rich and creamy you don't need a lot and it lasts a long time.

Absolutely divine

Comments about Nutella - Hazelnut Spread:

How does one describe the taste of Nutella other than being wonderful beyond compare? I was skeptical of this product at first, as I've never liked nuts. So hazelnuts and chocolate together, in a spread? No thanks, I'd take the second half of that though. My friend convinced me to try it, and I've never looked back. It was smooth and creamy, and chocolaty, while having a unique taste that I suppose is the hazelnuts. If you have food allergies I would read the back before consuming, though it only has eight ingredients I believe so you won't have to read very long (it has soy for instance).

Not the healthiest option... But it sure is delicious!

Comments about Nutella - Hazelnut Spread:

Based strictly on taste, Nutella is DEFINITELY my favorite spread. I am a huge chocoholic, so Nutella is incredibly dangerous for me. I have banned myself from purchasing it anymore because I am inclined to eat the whole jar in a day or two. Problem is, I can't. The sugar content is ridiculously high (21 grams per 2 tablespoon serving), and there is also that little issue of 12 grams of fat per serving, including 4 grams of saturated fat. Does that scare you as much as it scares me? I've discovered other ways of enjoying chocolate and keeping my waistline in check. Sorry Nutella, I will always love you...

A must-have in my house.

Comments about Nutella - Hazelnut Spread:

Nutella Hazelnut Spread gets a 10/10 from me! There are other imitation hazelnut spreads out in the super markets, but I have found nothing measures up to the taste, texture, and overall goodness of Nutella brand hazelnut spread. It has a delicious taste of hazelnuts and cocoa and the best texture! It's light but thick and creamy. I love putting Nutella on toast, fruits, and using it in baking. I also love eating it right off the spoon. I highly recommend Nutella for any chocolate lover!

The best hazelnut spread ever made.

Comments about Nutella - Hazelnut Spread:

Never in my life could I have dreamed such a perfect product existed. I grew up in a disadvantaged home, and so was not aware of such delights until my adulthood. Maybe having this experience later in life made it better. I could not have created a better product if I tried. The smooth, rich taste can curb the worst of my sweet tooth attacks. I am actually able to eat less because the intense rich flavor curbs my appetite more quickly. Other companies have tried to duplicate it, but they can't. Nutella is magic.

Nutella is like a chocolate version of peanut butter.

Comments about Nutella - Hazelnut Spread:

Nutella taste great with bread and also with strawberries or any kind of fruit. Nutella is great for breakfast, lunch or even just a little snack. Nutella is a great tasting spread. The little hint of hazelnut is great tasting, just thinking about nutella makes my mouth water. Nutella is great tasting to everyone not only children love it but also adults.