3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Versatility/Number of Features:

If only making dinner was as easy as making fresh juice.

This Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Express is a perfect way to have natural, fresh juices in the comfort of your own home every morning. I've had juicers before, but they always took up a large amount of counter space, were difficult to assemble, and even harder to clean since you had to hand wash everything.

The Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Express addresses all of my concerns in a nice little Juicer package.  I love how the pusher and the pulp collecter are made of clear plastic, which makes the appliance seem "friendly." It's also very easy to assemble, with pieces only fitting in a particular way. It took me a couple of attempts to figure out that you should slide in the pulp collector last and make sure that everything clicks into place, or the machine won't start, which is a great safety feature.)

The juicer is very easy to use - simply throw whatever fits down the chute and use the pusher to make sure the food goes all the way through the blades. You need to use a low-profile cup or you might close the non-drip spout. Think single-servings instead of pitchers when you're using this juicer.

Finally, I love how you can dish wash pieces of the Jack LaLanne Power Juicer express. I simply rinsed them off to get rid of some of the pulp that didn't make it into the pulp container, then put the items on the top shelf of the dish washer. I decided to hand clean the blades since I noticed it requires some scrubbing to get all of the pulp out of the small holes. Another helpful cleaning tip is to use a plastic bag in the pulp container so you can just remove and tie up the bag for easy throwing away.

Overall a great juicer that is easy to use and very convenient.

Wanted to love it and i did untill it met an apple

I recently purchased a jack lalanne express juicer but returned it after two uses because apples kept getting stuck. I purchased the breville instead and the apples went through easily. (each time the apples were cut in fours).

Overall this machine did everything well, except the apples.

It seemed to get clogged really easy, 2 carrots and an apple, and it was clogged. I didnt know this at first since i couldnt see through the top of the machine like with the breville so i had to take the machine apart while juicing to clean out the filter.

When i didnt juice apples, it was fast juicing, quiet and left little pulp in the waste. I must admit the breville does leave a dryer pulp and though it was noticable, it wasnt drastic.

This express version isnt hard to clean, its EXACTLY the same as the breville juice fountain plus. It comes apart in the same way with the same number of pieces. The only thing about this one is that carrots stained the express juicer.

This machine didnt come with a juice container or a brush for cleaning. I had to use a measuring cup to catch the liquid when i juiced. I couldnt even put a regular size glass under it as the glass was too tall.

My favorite thing about this maching, was the fact that it rotates the blade at 3500 rpm which is suppose to produce less oxidation with the fruit therfore damaging/killing less vitamine and enzymes.

With that being said, i really wanted to like this unit- the brevill rotates at 6500 on low. Unfortunatly i juice apples a lot and since it couldnt juice an apple, i had to exchange it.

Makes great juice but hate to clean it!

from Banning ca

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Fast
  • Large Feeder Tube
  • Produces Lots of Juice

Cons

• Hard to clean

• Citrus Fruits
  • Smoothies
  • Veggies

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Express:

I love juicing but hate to clean this thing it's so easy to set up and to use its fast! And can grind up every fruit and veggie you can think of but when it comes to cleaning you have to get out and old toothbrush to make sure all the cracks are clean! But if aren't lazy it's perfect

Esy to use; hard to clean

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Express:

Juice was delicious. I didn't like the cleanup.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
Pulp would get stuck in the strainer and not let the juice flo through

Stability While in Use
The juicer was very stable while in use.

I thought the strainer was very difficult to clean. The pulp would get stuck in the screen and would be very difficult to clean

Versatility/Number of Features
It could only juice(one option only)

Good for juicing

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Express:

The juicer is a very good juicer that is because it is very strong, it can juice carrots, apples, and a lot more other vegetables and fruits. Plus its easy to clean and is not heavy like other juicers. It has to be the best juicer I have ever used. I would recommend it.

Stability While in Use
The juicer is very stable it does not shake or fall over while juicing. It has a pulp container on the back which is good for collecting the pulp. It's very light but very stable and believe me it is very good at juicing.

It is very easy to clean, you just have to remove the pulp container and then you can clean it. You can also take apart the inner parts of the juicer to clean the blade. The exterior of the juicer is also easy to clean a wet clothe is all you need.

I have been using the juicer for along time and I have to say it is very good and durable. It always runs at full power and it has never slowed down for what I know.

Decent So Far

from MI

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Express:

I have had this juicer for over a year, but just recently took it out of the box to put it to use. It has only been used two times, but during these two experiences, I will say that this juicer is "okay." For being named the power juicer, I'm not really sure it has all that much power. It does seem to struggle with certain items, particularly leafy greens that can get a bit stringy and don't have a great deal of bulk to them to help them pass through, and we also had some trouble with carrots making a really loud grinding noise when going through.

It is a pretty big juicer, taking a large amount of counter space, and it's not that pretty to look at, which can be problematic I guess.

My husband and I are both new to juicing, so I would say this juicer is doing the job for us for now, while we are just getting the hang of it. But it is pretty difficult and annoying to clean, so I really see myself buying a different brand in the future if we really stick with juicing on a very regular basis.

Versatility/Number of Features
Really no extra features - just juice.

• Versatility/Number of Features:

It works better than I thought it would!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Express:

This power juicer works pretty well. I had received this as a Christmas gift about 3 years ago and it is still working good today. I wasn't sure that this would hold up that long, but it did. I just used this last week to make some juice. I will say that it does take up a lot of room and can be hard to store, but you will find that with all juicers. I have tried many different fruits and veggies and it has worked with all of them. You do have to cut some things up into large chunks, but it goes fast. I liked that the motor was pretty strong on this. I also liked that the container catches all the pulp well. It can be a little messy to clean, but the nice thing is that the machine comes apart and pretty much everything can go into the dishwasher. It makes cleaning a lot easier. I will continue to use this until something happens to it. It has been a great juicer for me and my family. I feel healthier when I use this machine.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
The juice goes where the juice is suppose to go and the pulp where the pulp is suppose to go. The juicer pulls the juice out of the fruits and vegetables well. The pulp goes into the clear container.

Stability While in Use
It is very stable when using.

Some parts of this are a little messy, but it is pretty easy to rinse out and put in the dishwasher. When I first got this I made sure that it could go into the dishwasher.

Our juicing machine has held up well.

Versatility/Number of Features
There's nothing too fancy about it. It just does the job that it is suppose to do. I like that you can lift the spout up so that extra drops of juice don't drip all over the place.

I thought that the design was good.

Juicing is so simple!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Express:

With all of the juicing craze that is going on, I decided that I needed to try it and after seeing how healthy Jack Lalanne was for his age, I knew that I would have to try his juicing machine out. This machine is really simple to use and perfect for someone who is just starting out, there is no need to buy a huge machine that cost a whole lot of money, this one works just perfect. Putting the fruits and vegetables in and turning them into the juice you love is easy, it is not difficult to push it down and it turns it all into juice in a matter of seconds. Cleaning up all of the pulp that comes out is relatively simple as well and the only down part is cleaning of the machine itself is kind of a pain, it is not that hard, just the pieces of the pulp at times get into small areas and they are not super easy to get out, so I use a toothbrush. The machine does not have a ton of features and does basically what you would expect it to do, and makes delicious juice.

Well worth the price

from Charlton, NY

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Express:

I don't use this as much as I should. It is easy to take apart and clean and the parts are dishwasher safe. My only dissatisfaction with it is getting the strainer clean. If you clean it with a sponge it tears the sponge to pieces. The best way to clean it would be with a brush before putting it in the dishwasher. The catch bin on the back is a good size and generally cleans easy. The pulp after juicing is quite dry, so it can get stuck in the corners of the bin. The bin does slightly discolor based upon what pulp is in the bin. Even after thorough washing, there is still a slight tint. The chute is wide enought to fit most items. Small seeds and pits are not an issue with the blades. I had never thought of juicing greens like lettuce or spinach before. This juicer extracts a tremendous amount of liquid from the greens, even without balling them into a tight ball. I don't have any other juicers to compare it too, but I would buy this one again if I needed to.

Gets the job done

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Express:

This juicer is a good investment. Although you have to juice one item at a time I still think it is a good value for the price. The vegetables are nicely juiced and I feel like there is no juice leftover after I am finished. There are no bits of fruits in the mixture after juicing because all of the shreds of veggies go to the back of the juicer. I love this juicer, however it is a pain to clean. It takes me about 5-10 minutes cleaning out the inside of the juicer. To alleviate cleaning the veggie shreds in the back of the juicer I put in a walmart grocery bag so that I can dump the shreds when I am finished. All in all this juicer is worth the extra cleaning if you are looking to save a few coins.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
Very good. I have no grains in my juice when I am finished.

Stability While in Use
It may be a little movement when you put in a carrot, etc. but I cut my carrots in half to alleviate some of that.

The strainer part is very difficult to clean because of the tiny shreds of vegetables. Running water through it helps a little but I haven't an affective way to clean this yet.

Good Durability although the latch where the juice come out could have been better attached.

Versatility/Number of Features
I really wish this juicer had more features. If you are looking for a juicer that has options try the breville juicer. It is a little on the expensive side but I believe it gives you various options.

Design is pretty good. I don't have any dire complaints here.

Massive machine

from New Baltimore, MI

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Express:

I don't like leaving it out because it is so massive and ugly but its so massive and heavy that I can't really find a place to store it that would be convenient to take it out every day to juice. It does juice well but it's also so hard to clean. (You'll probably have trouble cleaning the pulp from any filter but this one seems especially hard) It's okay if you are going to leave it out to juice daily or will only use it once in a while but if you don't like leaving it out, it kind of sucks to store it and I wish I had found something smaller. It has basic setting and seems pretty durable and will probably last a long time without breaking down.

Durable Juicer

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Express:

Easy, fast and dependable. The set up is simple, easy to clean, provides fresh juice and is performs well everyday of the last year!

Stability While in Use
Great stability - no problems with it moving around at all.

So far so great!