Other Dog Foods:

Iams ProActive Health Adult Weight Control Dry Dog Food

Pros

Cons

Iams Weight Control - a fit and lean dog is a healthy dog

We always watch what we feed our dogs.  For years we have fed them Iams Dog Food.  We start them out with Iams Pro Active Health Smart Puppy Original.  When they reach a year old, we start them on Iams Pro Active Health Mini Chunks.  When we see their weight starting to fluctuate as they get older and less active, we gradually change them over to Iams Pro Active Health Adult Weight Control.

Iams Weight Control dog food contains 16% less fat than Iams Chunks.  It makes it much easier to ensure that they do not carry any extra weight which is not healthy for them.  There are no artificial preservatives and no fillers.  The dog food can also be used for any dog over one year that is overweight, has been spayed or neutered or receives less than 20 minutes' exercise each day.  The Weight Control formula contains L-Carnitine which facilitates the oxidation of fat.  Chickena and egg protein help maintain strong, lean muscle.

Our dogs have always liked the taste of Iams Dog Food.  When they get older and are having trouble chewing the chunks, we soak the dog food in a little bit of warm water to make it easier for them to eat.

Iams Dog Food proactively promotes healthy digestion, strong bones, healthy skin and coat, strong muscles, healthy heart, strong immune system and healthy teeth.  If I had any criticism of this dog food it would be that, like other manufacturers, Iams has changed the weight of the product from 20 lbs. to 17.5 lbs. with little adjustment in price.

Iams Weight Control is vet recommended.  So if you want healthier, leaner dogs try Iams Pro Active Health Adult Weight Control.  Our dogs deserve the best that you can give them.

Iams Pro Active Health Mini Chunks:

[http://www.viewpoints.com/Iams-MiniChunks-Adult-Dog-Food-17-5-lbs-review-d7ff6][1]

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Iams-MiniChunks-Adult-Dog-Food-17-5-lbs-review-d7ff6

not good for dogs

This product, like all Iams and Eukanuba products, are not as good as they used to be. There are so many ingredients and many of them are of no nutritional value to your dog. My dogs do not like this product and will not eat it. They are not picky eaters, but they seem to be unsatisfied with the Iams brand of products. I foster dogs and have found that the best liked dry food is actually the Hills Science Diet. It is made of very few ingredients. Anything that does not sound good to you when you are reading the nutritional values and ingredients listed on the package likely are not actually good for your dog. The price is high, the quality is less than stellar and there are many products comparably priced that are much healthier choices to give your dog nutrients for a long and happy life.

I have tried lots of foods but this stuff is the best!!!

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Adult Weight Control Dry Dog Food:

Having three dogs (2 chihuahuas and a corgi mix), its hard to find a good dog food that all of them like and that all of them will eat. This food is one of those foods that will please everyone and that will not break the pocket book. It's also a food that is easy to find (Walmart, Petco) mostly everywhere that has dog food.

Quality of Ingredients
I have checked the ingredients versus some of the other comparable priced dog foods and this is by far more superior then most. Ingredients are an important part of the food that I feed my fur babies and I am always checking for the best stuff for the best price and this stuff delivers everything that not only I need but what my babies need as well.

Flavor Selection
All of my dogs love the taste of this food. My dogs are known as picky eaters and if I ever dare to change there food they go on what we like to call a cuddle strike. They love this food over all others that I have tried.

Good for my fat girl!

from Crofton, MD

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Adult Weight Control Dry Dog Food:

We have a Golden Retriever who is almost eleven years old now and as she has gotten older, she has gotten lazier and less active. We took her to the vet and the poor girl weighs over 90 pounds! So they recommended that we put her on a reduced calorie dog food. Her biggest problem in the past was the fact that she's a food thief and would grab burgers off the table when we weren't looking. But now that she has a bad knee and isn't getting around as well, she isn't burning off the calories of the regular dog food. We got a prescription for expensive dog food but found that this Iams brand has been working and she is down 5 pounds. It's easier to buy this because we can get it at any grocery store and it's way more affordable than prescription food. Bailey likes it just fine and eats the whole bowl when we give it to her so it must be good! We also trust the Iams brand so it makes us feel good to be able to still buy her good quality food!

• Flavor Selection:

dog food that really does control my dogs weight

from Lansing, MI

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Adult Weight Control Dry Dog Food:

Before feeding my husky this dog food, he was 20 pounds overweight. I have fed this to my dog for 6 months now. He has not gained any extra weight, and has actually lost 15 pounds! there is never any left over, he eats it all. I only give my husky 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup at night. He is not left hungry and the weight is coming off. My vet has noted the change. He is livelier and wants to play and go for more walks. His coat is even nicer, it seems softer. He just seems to be much more happy and energetic.

Quality of Ingredients
Iams is always a brand that I trust. They always use high quality ingredients. Since using this dog food, my dog has much less fecal waste. How nice is that...much less waste to clean up in the yard. This just goes to show you that there is not very many fillers and useless ingredients.

Flavor Selection
Only one flavor is available. My dog has loved it since day one. When I switched over to this food, his digestive system was never upset.

not good for dogs

from Allston, MA

Dog hated it

from East Northport, NY

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Adult Weight Control Dry Dog Food:

My dog eats anything, and I mean anything that falls off the counter or off of a kid'splate. I have bought him most varieties of Iams and he eats them all. When I bought Iams weight control (because our dog is way too fat!) he wpuld not finish his food. We thought he wasn't feeling well but when I switched food he goobled it down. For some reason he did not like the taste of the weight control variety

Toby looses fat whlie eating IAMS

from Rowlett, TX

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Adult Weight Control Dry Dog Food:

I work with rescue dogs, schnauzers are the breed that I love and work to save from local shelters. When the dogs come into my home for the shelter they are often underweight, have skin and digestive issues. I put them regime that includes good dog food. My Cairn Terrier Toby gets into everyone else dog food and tends to get portly. IAMS Weight control for Pets is my food of choice to keep poor Toby for getting so big he cant even roll over. This superlative food is worth every penny you spend on it. The difference is quickly apparent just as soon as start feeding a chubby dog on the IAMS regime. Toby is not grumpy or hungry he just eats and starts to shed those unwanted tubby rolls of fat. Occasionaly we do get a Schnauzer that is way overweight and IAMS helps him get fit and trim.

The difference that IAMS Weight control for Pets makes in getting fat dogs fit is wonderful and works so nicely. IAMS Weight control for Pets is easy to get any dog interested eating no musses no fuss. There also is no transition stomach upset IAMS Weight control for Pets provides so many good nutrient that you don't have to worry about supplements while your precious pooch is loosing weight.

Doesn't really control weight that well

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Adult Weight Control Dry Dog Food:

I love my dog more then anything in the world but she needs to loose weight. For the longest time I had been feeding her this food and she is still over weight. When I finally bought her some science diet and fed her green beans to make her full, she has lost 2 pounds. I am so excited she can be a healthier dog now. She did love the taste of this food, but we decided to only feed her the weight control treats from now on and give her different food. It's for the best in the end.

Iams Dog Food is helping get my dog back in shape

from Richmond Hill, GA

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Adult Weight Control Dry Dog Food:

Although Iams isn't considered a premium dog food I feel that this is a trusted brand I'm happy to use. If you have a dog with no allergies or other issues this dog food should suit your needs just fine. I have a Scottish Terrier who is a couple of pounds overweight, not obese. I have been feeding her this for a few months and I feel that she is getting slimmer. Our other dog is a Bulldog and ironically she is in better shape. I feel that this food could cause issues with allergies to some dogs. I have fed the Iams brand to my dogs for years. I have never had any problems and feel that this dog food is budget friendly and affordable for anyone. It has great benefits and will help slim down your dog. My dog likes the taste and I feel that the kibble size is friendly and works well for smalls. dogs. Also, if fed properly a big bag of this dog food can last a few months. I believe that my dog gets 1.5 cups a day. We still have a lot of this left and she is fed 3/4 cup twice a day. Overall I think that if you have a dog who has no allergies and needs help cutting calories this dog food is ideal.

Iams keeps my pup's weight under control!

from Memphis, TN

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Adult Weight Control Dry Dog Food:

As a pet owner, I know I have a responsibility for the health and well-being of my beloved dog - a pug/bichon frise mix. Pugs have a tendency towards pudginess and my sweet girl is no exception. Luckily, Iams has created a product that is delicious and nutritious. My dog does not know she is eating a healthy meal - she still gobbles it up as if it is bacon. She and I paired this Iams version of dog food a semi-active lifestyle and she did shed a few pounds (on a 15-20 pound frame, a few pounds go a long way). If her weight fluctuates I know it is not due to Iams but the lack of exercise. I am glad to have a product that I know she enjoys eating which is also very good for her.  I even give her little pieces of it when she does tricks and she considers it a treat! I like giving my dog solid dog food (not mushy dog food) and like the consistency and texture of this product. I think the price is reasonable for the quality this price affords.

Best Dog Food

from South Haven, MI

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Adult Weight Control Dry Dog Food:

very good dog food that i would recommmend to anyone. has good content. buy it for my dogs and cat. use weight control cause my kitty is a fattie! very happy with prices, also get tons of coupons for cheaper food. getting it at petco, or petsmart. walmart and menards have good sales also! not packed full of fillers, has similar ingredients and nutritional information to the holistic foods i was paying three times as much for to feed each of the animals. i am currently buying  cat weight control, dog weight control lamb and rice formula, and iams puppy food for my little beagle. i also feed them iams traets, and wet food on a periodic basis. i think iams is a well known brand, that produces quality. i would recommend their food to any pet owner looking to make a change, or a new puppy parent looking for the best dog food out there. i would love it if they started a rewards programs also!! join their email program to get special offers!