Other Dog Foods:

Iams ProActive Health Adult MiniChunks Dry Dog Food

Pros

Cons

Iams MiniChunks - the best of health for my dogs

We have always been extremely careful to make sure that the food, biscuits, treats and chewies that we give our dogs are as free from toxic substances as possible.  Our little friends are with us such a short period of time; and we want them to be healthy and happy.

That's why I chose Iams Pro Active Health Adult MiniChunks.  We have used Iams for many years.  A test of a good dog food is:  What is the  first ingredient?  In the case of Iams Mini Chunks, it's chicken.  Just as important, Iams Mini Chunks has no artificial preservatives or fillers.  To the natural ingredients Iams has added Vitamins, Minerals and Amino Acids.  Our dogs are medium-sized dogs; and the mini chunks are easier to eat than the larger chunks.

Iams Proactive Health promotes 7 signs of health: healthy teeth, strong immune system, strong muscles, healthy heart, healthy digestion and healthy skin and coat.

As our dogs have aged and become less active, their weight has started to fluctuate.  We gradually start mixing in Iams Weight Control.  Eventually, over the course of about a year, they are being fed only Iams Weight Control.

If I have one criticism about Iams, it's that they have gone the way of many manufacturers.  The weight of the dog food has gone from 20 lbs. to 17.5 lbs. with little adjustment in price.

Iams MiniChunks is vet recommended.  Watch what you feed your little friends; and they just might be around a little longer.

Iams Pro Active Health Adult Lamb Meal & Rice biscuits:

[http://www.viewpoints.com/Iams-Lamb-Meal-Rice-Formula-Biscuits-review-c6ed6][1]

Iams Pro Active Health Adult Small Biscuits:

[http://www.viewpoints.com/Procter-Gamble-24OZ-OriginalSM-Biscuit-Procter-Gamble-review-c75f9][2]

Iams Pro Active Health Adult Weight Control:

[http://www.viewpoints.com/Iams-Weight-Control-Adult-Dog-Food-17-5-lbs-review-327c5][3]

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Iams-Lamb-Meal-Rice-Formula-Biscuits-review-c6ed6
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Procter-Gamble-24OZ-OriginalSM-Biscuit-Procter-Gamble-review-c75f9
[3]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Iams-Weight-Control-Adult-Dog-Food-17-5-lbs-review-327c5

basic dog food

I choose iams because the first ingrediant was a meat product, in this case chicken. my dogs tend to like it. but i have heard negative press and seen a few recalls for the brand. thus i have changed brands. if i needed to i would buy it again in a one off situation.

Quality of Ingredients
first ingrediants being a meat and not just corn meal is what i am looking for. iams offers this without the extreamely high cost of other specialty foods. iams has always been a cost effective choice with better ingrediants and varieties than other brands.

Flavor Selection
chicken might be my dogs favorite flavor, but they also liked the lamb when i would get that instead. as well as flavor iams offers puppy options and mature as well as weight loss choices. this allows a dog owner to make the necessary changes to their dogs diet as needed. kibble size is another variety offered in a few of the different flavors. this is good for different size dogs or dogs with special needs when eating.

Great product

from TN

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Good Value
  • Improves Coat
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

Cons

• Smaller Dogs

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Adult MiniChunks Dry Dog Food:

Iams ProActive Health Adult MiniChunks dry dog food has been an amazing product! I have two small dogs and one tiny dog. It has always been a struggle to find a dog food that would cater to my dogs since they are different sizes. My smallest dog needs small pieces of food or she cannot eat well. My other dogs will eat any size dog food though. I bought this Iams MiniChunks food in hopes it would be great for all three of my dogs and it is! All of my dogs can eat this food with no problems. I have always been a fan of the Iams brand because it is so healthy for my pups, but after finding this food I liked them even more. Another great thing about this food is it comes in the chicken flavor, which is my dogs favorite it seems. I would recommend this to other dog owners because the pups love it, it has smaller pieces for smaller dogs, it really improves their coat, and it is reasonably priced.

My Dogs love the small chunks of this Dog Food!

from Palm Springs, CA

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Adult MiniChunks Dry Dog Food:

I purchased this Iams Mini Chunk Dry Dog Food because my 4 pound terrier had the hardest time eating regular size dog food. She wasn't gaining weight, and I could tell she was hungry. I really made the right choice purchasing this product. The small bite size chunks are perfect size for her, and my larger dog, well he'll eat anything. I know by the ingredients that this is a healthy choice for my doggies.

Quality of Ingredients
    I purchased this product for the mini chunks, which are small, easy to eat chunks my small adult doggie loves. But I have been purchasing Iams for years because of the quality of Iams . All natural no fillers, and real chicken is the first ingredient listed. Best of all, my dogs love it! I like the crunchy dry dog food because I know it's can help reduce tarter on their teeth. ProActive Health supports a healthy immune system. It contains the Omega 6 fatty acids for their healthy shiny coats. It has a fiber blend and other stuff to support a healthy digestion. Nutrients for a healthy metabolism, and protein from the chicken and other ingredients for energy. I started my terrier on another brand when she was a puppy. My terriers eyes used to get allergies and stain. Since she has grown, and I switched to her eating this product her eyes do not get all yucky anymore.

Flavor Selection
    Unfortunately there are not that many flavor selections for the mini chunk adult dog food....just chicken. I hope they will introduce salmon or turkey at some point, just to give my dogs a variety of flavor.

Nice Small Pieces

from MI

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Adult MiniChunks Dry Dog Food:

While we have switched around to various dog foods over the years, my dog Daisy has been primarily an Iams dog for most of the time. When she was younger we tried her on the Iams, Proactive Health Adult Mini Chunks dog food and she really did great.

Prior to that we had been using another brand that didn't have such small chunks, and Daisy has an extremely sensitive stomach, would often get sick and bring back up the larger chunks. So lately, we tend to stick with smaller sized pieces, and that seems to agree with her more.

This dog food is a good value for your money, it is easy to find at pretty much any pet or grocery store, and Daisy really seemed to like it - which is the most important part.

Iams was one of the brands recommended to us by Daisy's vet right when she was born, and I trust Iams and feel confident in the ingredients.

Quality of Ingredients
    Iams is a quality brand with a trusted name. I will continue to choose Iams brand dog food, and Daisy especially did like the small size of the MiniChunks with this particular dog food.

• Flavor Selection:

Good food but best for larger dogs.

from West Virginia

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Adult MiniChunks Dry Dog Food:

My little Dachshund really liked this food but he had trouble chewing it up. He always picked out the smaller pieces and then he would try to nibble the larger chunks but he had trouble with them and would eventually give up and beg for a refill of food. What I had to do to be sure he was able to eat his food was put a bit of hot water in it and let it set until it got soggy. I would then mash it up so it turned into soft dog food and he could eat it. This was a bit of a hassle but he really liked this particular food. I eventually started doing this to his whole dish so he didn't have to pick through it.

Overall this is a good food but it doesn't specify on the bag that it is for larger dogs. My small little dog had trouble chewing the larger chunks. I would prefer a smaller dog formula or a formula that was more friendly for little mouths and teeth. I still think it's a good food, I just didn't know when I purchased a large 25 lb bag that it was going to be so large that my Dachshund couldn't chew it properly.

Quality of Ingredients
    It does have some good sounding ingredients and proteins in it but the fact that is has so many vegetables and grains in the ingredients list concerns me. Dogs are carnivores in nature.

Flavor Selection
    I didn't have a lot of flavor choices at my local store.

Nice dog food

from Richmond VA

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Adult MiniChunks Dry Dog Food:

This is our other go-to dog food for our little rascal. When we want to get something reliable, that is good quality, and that we know he will eat, this is one of the brands that we will turn to. It has never caused any kind of digestive issues in our dog, which is a huge plus for us (our dog sometimes has a very sensitive stomach, so it is occasionally hard to find food that doesn't give him a sour stomach or cause him to have accidents). This was one of the brands we bought to feed him when we didn't know much about him (he was a rescue from the streets, so we had no idea what he could handle) and it was a great choice for us. It's also a good price.

Quality of Ingredients
    The ingredients in this food are really high quality. I was very happy with how my dog reacted to it, and our vet said it was a perfectly fine food to keep feeding him. It helped him to put on weight, which he needed at the time.

Flavor Selection
    My dog really loves this food. It must taste good to him!

• Flavor Selection:

A good quality food for my sweet little dog

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Adult MiniChunks Dry Dog Food:

My sweet little dog is not just a dog but, a family member. He is like one of my kids so of course I want to give him the best. We were at the vet one day and we were discussing dog food. I thought I was feeding him a good brand, but my vet wanted him to have something better. He recommended I start feeding him Iams because it told me it was a good quality food. That day I went out and purchased a bag of the mini chunks and began to switch him off his old food. He loves his Iams food and after years of eating it still gobbles it down. His coat looks great and he is a very healthy dog. My vet is also pleased because he feels my baby is getting a much better quality food. There is also one additional thing that is not talked about much when it comes to cheaper dog food versus the higher quality food. Dogs who eat cheaper food, which contains a lot of fillers, tend to go to the bathroom a lot more when they go. There body has no use for all that 'junk' put into the cheaper food so it just goes through their system. They tend to eat more in order to get the proteins and vitamins they need so they go to the bathroom more. My vet told me not only does it make my dog feel better and live a longer life to eat quality food, but it might make my neighbors happy as well since my dog will not be leaving big presents in their yard.

• Flavor Selection:

Great food to give a husky

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Adult MiniChunks Dry Dog Food:

My Siberian husky, Maya, is a rescue. When we brought her home from the pound, she was in bad shape. She weighed only a third of what she is supposed to weigh. Her coat was shabby, and she gums in terrible condition. The animal officer told us that she was left outside and neglected. We started her on this food because the larger chunks were hard for her too chew--her teeth were in bad condition as well. After a month, we started seeing such a difference in her health. A year after she has been on this dog food, you would not even tell that she was a rescue. She is at a healthy weight and her coat is beautiful. I definitely recommend this food to anyone who is rescuing a neglected dog. Also, my other husky (she is not a rescue), is a very picky eater and she eats this dog food. She loves the minichunks as well because she doesn't like too many kibbles in her mouth at once. I also use this food as treats to teach them agility.

Iams ProActive MiniChunks Dog Food Keeps My Dogs Healthy

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Adult MiniChunks Dry Dog Food:

Healthy food for my animals, they love this dog food. Anytime I go to feed them they wait impatiently to eat. They clean their bowls. Some dog food is good for dogs, and I have tried many brands, but this one works best for my animals. they truly love it, and I'm happy to know that I can trust this product, and will continue to buy this dog food for my animals. My dogs are a large breed, and they love to eat. I like the price for the amount of food in the bag. I always buy extra bags whenever i see a great sale on this product. Even with the regular price of this dog food, it is still worth the money.

Quality of Ingredients
    I like this healthy product for my animals, they eat nothing but the best. I never put a price on nutrition.

Flavor Selection
    Nice flavors, gives me a choice to choose what they like. It's good to know theirs more than one choice of flavors. Iams has always been at the top of my list. Whenever my dogs love it, I'll buy it. This is a great dog food for animals.

Still the Best I've Found

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Adult MiniChunks Dry Dog Food:

I have been feeding my two Jack-Russell's IAMs for 5 years, and it is still the best one I've found so far. As a first time dog owner, I asked my veterinarian what he thought was a good choice for dog food. He recommended both Iams, and Science Diet. I tried the Science Diet first, but it got to be too expensive; so I switched over to Iams. My dogs have always had good check ups, on each visit to the vet. They have never had any issues with allergies, and their coats and weight is always healthy. I would highly recommend Iams to anyone who owns a little one.

Quality of Ingredients
    Iams, has one of the best mix of ingredients. This is why it's pricier than other brands. You do not get the corn fillers that offer no benefit to your pups.

Flavor Selection
    My only gripe with Iams, is that they are pretty much limited on flavors (especially when you get into the senior brands). It isn't a huge drawback, but it would be nice to have a little more variety.

Great Change for My New Dog

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Adult MiniChunks Dry Dog Food:

After recently adopting a dog and a veterinarian recommendation, I decided to switch him to this dog food. I have seen a great improvement in his health, attitude, and appearance since changing to this food. During the switching process, there was very little "mess" to have to deal with that can sometimes be seen when switching a dog's food, which made the change from Kibbles 'n Bits to Iams so much easier! I also find that he has become more active since switching foods. Note, I did not switch the dog's food as soon as I adopted him. I allowed him to adjust to his environment before switching the food. His coat has also appeared much shinier since switching the food. He is always getting compliments from other dog owners when visiting the dog park. After hearing such positive comments from the vet and seeing the overall changes in my dog, I would highly recommend switching a dog to Iams.

Flavor Selection
    Not very many choices when it comes to flavors