View more diapers

Huggies Supreme Newborn Gentle Care Diapers

Huggies Supreme Newborn Gentle Care Diapers

3.6

Lovely Product

I have purchased this item and let me tell you they are worth the money being spent on them. These pampers last longer through changings. I have not experienced any leaks or bad things with them. I like the price they are at and the easy places that they can be purchased at. I can find these diapers almost everywhere and they are not very expensive as others and do not cause any rashes. I often change my baby so much tha thtese diapers are the right fit and combination with my child. If you are a parent and you want the best and comfortable diapers for your little one then try these out and you will like them. If you are on a budget and can not spend a lot of money on pampers then give these a try and see if they are up to your standers when it comes to your baby diaper needs. I know a lot of mothers that trust this brand and price for their baby's needs. I hope that this review give you some insight what has been found to be good for my baby personal needs.

These leaked on us!

My granddaughter seemed to have an allergic reaction to Pampers Swaddlers Newborn Diapers, and in a search to find a diaper that would not irritate her bottom we ended up trying Huggies Supreme Newborn...Read complete review

My granddaughter seemed to have an allergic reaction to Pampers Swaddlers Newborn Diapers, and in a search to find a diaper that would not irritate her bottom we ended up trying Huggies Supreme Newborn Gentle Care Diapers.

These looked very similar to the other diapers we tried.  They have the belly button notch so that a newborns bely button cord can dry out, and they were soft and smelled good.  Like most disposable diapers on the market these days, they also have the Velcro style tabs to make diaper changes fast.  The diapers also seemed to fit okay, and the tabs stayed secure at the waist.

Unfortunately, all three of us commented on the fact that the Huggies brand seemed to leak more than the Pampers and Luvs diapers that we had also used.  You wouldn't think that a newborn baby would pass enough urine to even make this an issue, but we had more than a few leaks while using these, and we didn't with the other brands.

On the positive side, they seem very gentle and didn't cause any skin rash or irritation for my granddaughter, while the Pampers seemed to cause red welts to form!  The Huggies didn't seem to be quite as fitted as the Luvs and Pampers, and maybe this is why they leaked, I don't know.  They do have a leak guard system, but unfortunately for us it didn't seem to work very well.

If you are okay with the way these diapers absorb, I would say they are a good choice, especially if your baby has sensitive skin.  Unfortunately, they did not work well for our family, so I cannot recommend them.

Elastic at legs, Velcro on waist keeps them on securely

• Absorbency:

Horrible

from Barrington, NJ

Comments about Huggies Supreme Newborn Gentle Care Diapers:

I received these as a shower present with my first son and I used a total of 2 of them.  When the first leak happened I thought "it happens" but the very next diaper leaked also, both leaked thru the sleeper the blanket and all over the car seat,   I threw them away and never looked back.

mom again at 42!

from Bloomfield, NJ

Comments about Huggies Supreme Newborn Gentle Care Diapers:

I did not like these diapers at all. They fit around the waist area but the legs were loose and caused leaks. The elastic leg bands never fit snugly to my son's thighs. At first I thought it was because he was so tiny with thin legs. But whenI switched to Papmpers and Luvs I had no problem getting a great fit!

A hassle and poor quality.

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Huggies Supreme Newborn Gentle Care Diapers:

Huggies sizes Newborn and 1 are not very good.  I received a couple packages as gifts for my first child and will never buy Huggies ever!  She couldn't do much as a newborn, the most activity she had was rolling over a few times and EVERY time I went to get her from her crib the diaper had come off.  (The tabs just weren't good enough to keep the diaper closed).  I was better off lying a cloth under her while she slept because it would absorb more of the mess.  Even when the diaper would stay on they would constantly leak.  I thought it may just be the one package (I may have gotten one that should not have been sold) so I tried another package we received and the same thing happened.  After a couple of weeks of changing and cleaning the crib after every nap, I decided to try another brand.  I had to go through 4 brands of diapers before I found my beloved Pampers.  I would not recommend Huggies to anyone, I can't imagine how many messes parents of crawling babies or toddlers have to clean up with how easily they came off a newborn and how much they leaked with such a tiny bladder!

best diapers ever

from Duncan, OK

Comments about Huggies Supreme Newborn Gentle Care Diapers:

These are my preferred brand of diaper.  They fit wonderfully and they work really well.  I completely disagree with the previous review but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  The best advice I can offer is to say try them for yourself and make your own mind.

These diapers aren't worth the money.

from Weatherford, TX

Comments about Huggies Supreme Newborn Gentle Care Diapers:

These diapers were given to me as a gift thankfully because I would never spend my money on them.  Everytime I had to change my daughters diaper (about every 2 hrs.) I had to change her sheets and her clothes. These diapers were useless I prefer the store brand cheap and dependable.

Loved these for my newborn

from Peach Bottom, PA

Comments about Huggies Supreme Newborn Gentle Care Diapers:

I loved these for my newborn son.  The flap in the back of the diaper that prevents blowouts was a lifesaver.  It didn't get them all but worked most of the time.  The wetness indicator is also great when newborns pee such small amounts it's hard to tell by feel sometimes if they need to be changed. The yellow line changes to green when baby is wet. These were a great fit on my long and skinny first son when he was a newborn two and a half years ago, and equally as good of a fit on my now chunkier second son. They are very soft and don't feel papery at all. The umbilical scoop was the perfect size space to not irritate my son's belly during the first couple of weeks. I found that other brands had too small of a space and would rub on the area. I also like the smaller tabs to secure the diaper.  They are big enough to use easily but small enough so they don't dig into baby's belly or thighs.

Huggies are wonderful!

from Turlock, CA

Comments about Huggies Supreme Newborn Gentle Care Diapers:

I believe that huggies supreme newborn gentle care diapers are a god send. These are great. I am the mother of a 4 year old boy and I just delivered my daughter on August 20, 2010. I used the huggies brand with my son at first because that was the brand that I got at the baby shower. After they were gone I tried other brands for a while but after trying about 5 other brands I realized that huggies were the best for me and my son. With my little gir, I didn't even try the other brands I was able to put her straight into huggies because I knew it would keep her dry and comfortable. The don't bunch in the front so they are more comfortable for her little body.

These diapers are great for newborns!

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Huggies Supreme Newborn Gentle Care Diapers:

I'm now 100% cloth diapering my little ones, but these diapers ROCKED when they were the newborn stage where cloth diaps just weren't cutting it. They stayed dry, they were leak proof, and were just FABULOUS. I recommend these to any new parents.

huggies supreme gentle care is where its at

from Los Lunas, NM

Comments about Huggies Supreme Newborn Gentle Care Diapers:

i have gone through millions of diapers with my seven children and huggies always seemed to proved to be the best.  it is pricy but when it comes down to it, it is well worth the price.  you dont have to worry about leakage and rashes.  these diapers i preferred over the rest.  my children never had diaper rashes or leakage or wet bottoms using them.  i never had to worry about the tabs breaking or being weak.  i also thought they had a very soft scent to them.  i would recommend these to anyone that has questions about what diapers to purchase.