3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Nobody makes a vacuum like HOOVER !

I bought my Hoover Turbo Power Wind Tunnel 5200 Vacuum three years ago. I only buy Hoover vacuums because I feel that they are the best. I have 2 dogs and so I have a lot of dog hair to vacuum up, my Hoover Wind tunnel 5200 gets up all the dog hair my 2 dogs leave all over the house. I also got the turbo powered hand tool which I would highly recommend if you have pets. It works great for cleaning off furniture. This vacuum uses Type Y bags.

I did my homework before buying this vacuum and I also talked with a lot of vacuum owners on line and decided to go with a bagged vacuum because of the comments I heard about bagless vacuums that other people owned. I love my Hoover Turbo Powered 5200. It has great suction, and a super long power cord giving you a long cleaning range, so you are not constantly having to stop and replug it into a new power source. It has a dirt meter so you will know when it's time to change out your vacuum bag. The filters are permanent, you can take them out and wash them out and put them back into the vacuum.

It is very easy to push around.  I recommend you get the extra length hose  if you use the onboard power tools a lot because the hose on the vacuum isn't all that long. That would be my only complaint with this vacuum.

It has run flawlessly for me for 3 years. That is why I love Hoover vacuums. I had a Hoover RunAbout prior to purchasing this Turbo Power 5200 model and it was still running 10 years later. I just wanted a new upgraded model, which is why I bought a new Hoover.

It sucks and I would not recommend it to anyone.

I bought one of these things about 6 mos. ago and the  thing did not work worht a crap. It broke down the third time of using it. It would let the water out and then it would not pick it up correctly. It kept spewing water and cleaner out and did not pick it up properly at all. I would not recommend anyone buy this product at all. Especially with small kids or pets. I thought that being a Hoover product that it would be really good as I had Hoover before. It seemed like it spewed a lot of water out of the cleaner also cause it used it an awful lot and took a while to dry aftewards. So it is definitly not worth the money or the effort to buy or try it at all. Also the thing catches small pieces of pet hair in the cleaner you literally have to take it all apart with a screw driver to clean it. Yucky poo. So Do not waste time people of using this It is not worth the trouble or money at all.

Seems good

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Spin Scrub TurboPower Carpet Cleaner:

We've been using the Hoover SteamVac Spin Scrub for over five years now and it seems to be doing just fine. We only use it two to three times a year for a thorough cleaning of all the carpeted floors, but its held up nicely over the years.

Maneuverability
This Hoover is pretty basic, its a bit on the heavier side and you just push it back and forth. It doesn't glide around very easily, just a solid movement back and forth on the carpet.

Ease of Maintenance
We haven't had any issues, we only use it a few times a year, and we follow the directions and use the proper cleaning fluids and its working great still.

Suction Performance
You may have to go over a few areas of the carpet to suck up the water, but even then its still damp to the touch. After doing all of our carpets we still have to air dry with fans on to make sure it dries after a few hours.

Versatility
We've only used it for our home carpets, and for small rugs. It does a basic job, not sure if its really made to clean furniture or other things. I wouldn't.

This cleaner is basic enough to figure out, its just annoying to repeatedly fill with hot water and cleaner. We do empty and refill it three to four times while cleaning, but we are doing our entire house.

Its lasted over five years so far, so its pretty durable.

• Versatility:

Great carpet cleaner that has held up!!

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Spin Scrub TurboPower Carpet Cleaner:

When I purchased the Hoover SteamVac Spin Scrub Turbo Carpet Cleaner, I wasn't sure what to expect. I have three kids and at the time 2 dogs and was (quite frankly) desperate! My carpet was a mess and I couldn't afford to have my carpet professionally steam cleaned 5-6 times per year. I had researched and felt that Hoover was good brand to go with and it had the features that would work for me. The first time I tried it out, I knew that I had made a great choice! The spin brush technology does a great job at scrubbing the dirt and stains on the carpet. The Hoover also offers a button you can push on the handle to give a boost of cleaner for stains and spots that really gives the extra oomph to the bad parts of your floor. Another big plus about the Hoover is it SUCKS!!! LOL! And, I mean SUCKS in a good way...this cleaner has such great suction that after spraying down all that cleaner and having it scrub away, it sucks so much of it right back up in the storage bin. You can see all the gross grime that was on your floor. It's wonderful and disgusting! Your floors are left reasonably damp, not soaking wet and they finish drying very quicklly. This cleaner has really held up to a lot of use over time as well. This is one purchase that I would make again, for certain! Highly recommend!

• Versatility:

Long lasting, heavy, practical machine esp with babies and dogs

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Spin Scrub TurboPower Carpet Cleaner:

We've had this machine for over 10 years and it's been an incredible work horse. When we first had babies, this was extremely useful for the spit ups or messes they made. Now with senior dogs, we've been using it regularly for pet messes. In the in-between time, we used it to regularly shampoo the carpets so that they looked nice and helped the room smell cleaner.

Maneuverability
The machine is heavy so it's not that easy to move. Especially carrying it up and down the stairs is difficult. When it's steam cleaning the carpet, it moves decently but is still kinda heavy.

Ease of Maintenance
Haven't really needed to do anything to maintain. Every couple years, I might unscrew (2 screws) the front shield so that I can remove dog hair.

Suction Performance
Pulls up a good amount of the water so that it can just air dry soon after.

Again, having this for over 10 years and using it on average, probably 25 times a year, I've found it to be extremely durable and long lasting. Only problem we've had was that a small corner of the front plastic shield cracked off when hitting a corner. This, however, has not impacted it's functionality.

Decent regular maintenence cleaner

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Spin Scrub TurboPower Carpet Cleaner:

For the price its a decent cleaner. I have cream frieze carpet in all my rooms and a bunch of pets so mine gets used at least once a month. It stands up to the daily stuff my family and pets put on my carpet, and make the house feel so much better. Not as good as a professional, but perfect for regular maintenance use.

Save your money.

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Spin Scrub TurboPower Carpet Cleaner:

I love steam cleaning my own carpets regularly. I bought this machine (and several other earlier models) because I wanted to be able to keep my rugs looking nice. Good thought but bad execution. This is a large machine that is cumbersome to use and store. In fact it is so cumbersome that it's a commitment to use it so I found myself using it only a couple of times a year. Then, after only a few uses I started to notice it leaking dirty water and that really defeated the purpose! Eventually, I donated/tossed it like I did the last one when I moved. You'd think I would learn but in both cases I didn't want to spend a lot. Lesson is that you get what you pay for.

My advice based on doing this for years is to rent a commercial machine the few times a year that you want to clean ALL your floors. For the occasional spill I wrote a review about the little green steam machine which I use almost every week with good results.

• Versatility:

Doesn't live up to the Hoover reputation.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Spin Scrub TurboPower Carpet Cleaner:

Hoover SteamVac Spin Scrub TurboPower Carpet Cleaner F5912900 is just okay. I’ve had quite a few problems with this machine so it was rather disappointing. I thought being a Hoover that it would really last and be really dependable. It has gotten a usual amount of use – just in my home, nothing commercial. I have already had to replace a cracked (split) hose, it has leaked and I had to replace a seal, and the spinning brushes do not always spin. All in all this machine wasn’t what I expected. It does do an okay job cleaning the carpet but I do wish that it had better suction so that it would extract more water and my rugs would dry quicker. I really haven’t felt that it has an “TurboPower” when it comes to cleaning. The machine is heavy also and not easy to maneuver. This is the first Hoover Carpet Cleaner that I have had, and I bought it because of the reputation of the Hoover name but I guess that just applies to vacuums.

Hoover Steam Cleaner

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Spin Scrub TurboPower Carpet Cleaner:

For a steam cleaner that gets the job done this is the one to buy! First vacuum the floor really well than pour in a cup of steam cleaner suds into the vacuum and off you go. I have seen this vacuum take out dog stains that not any cleaner can do. It moves along without your help if you let it! Ease of use of hard wood floors, carpets, and deep pile carpets. Ease of use even when it is plugged up with debris of something stuck. You just take off the top cover and poke gently till you find the problem. Then snap the cover back over it and off you go again making cleaning so easy on a carpet that sees many paws and feet trampled every day. Removing the catch basin is as easy as taking off a lid on a can. Just follow the instructions, clean out the basin, refill the steam soap into the top tank, and off you go again! I have found that if I steam the rugs about once a month there are less dirt allergies plaguing my nose. If you have allergies why not invest in a steam cleaner like Hoovers and get rid of those things that make you sneeze.

• Versatility:

Works amazing on my carpets.

from Saginaw, MI

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Spin Scrub TurboPower Carpet Cleaner:

This carpet cleaner is very efficient and easy to use. I like that it does not require you to do a lot of bending over or to apply much force to get the carpets clean. I can see the dirt coming out of my carpets as I go along so I know when a carpet is truly clean. I know that if the return water is coming back clean then my carpet is clean.

Maneuverability
It is easy to push this cleaning along. It does not require me to use a lot of force.

Ease of Maintenance
It comes apart easily and is easy to put back together.

Suction Performance
This cleaner has good suction, when I am done cleaning my carpets it does not take to long for them to dry.

Versatility
It is good for any type of carpet. It also has attachments for getting in tight spaces.

It is designed well and does not require a lot of work. Not to mention it is easy to clean. You just fill it with hot water and some soap and get cleaning.

It seems to be rather durable. Have been using it for a while and it is still in good condition.

• Versatility:

Hoover SteamVac does a decent job...

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Spin Scrub TurboPower Carpet Cleaner:

...but it's not as powerful as the professional steam cleaners that you can rent. It's nice to have handy for quick cleanups, but to do your entire carpeted areas is a little too cumbersome.

First you have to put the cleaning mix in the top tank. It only holds about a half gallon of solution so it doesn't go very far. The bottom tank has to be emptied every few minutes. There is no way you can do your whole house on one tank. You can do maybe a half of a room at a time. The top tank runs out before the bottom tank fills up so you are constantly juggling the two.

As far as cleaning is concerned, it does a decent job, but you must go over the same spot slowly several times. I do a criss-cross pattern. I clean in one direction, then the other direction. That seems to do a satisfactory job, but it is very time consuming.

It's not very easy to maneuver, but if you are working it slowly, it's OK. The cover over the intake gets full of dirt and I can't find any way to clean it out. The cover doesn't seem to come off or come apart to clean it out and it looks very yucky!

The ultimate carpet cleaner

from Tulare, CA

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Spin Scrub TurboPower Carpet Cleaner:

I bought this Hoover SteamVac about 5 years ago because I had moved into an apartment with some really bad carpet. After using it for one day I was amazed at how clean my carpet turned out. It was really really dirty so I had to go over it about three times but wow!! This machine really gets the dirt and grime out. I highly recommend this cleaner to anyone who loves having clean carpet and also furniture. It really does deep clean and deodorizes perfectly. I would never use another machine of any other brand.

Maneuverability
Very simple to move...basically just like a vaccum cleaner. Simply moves forward and back at a slow pace. Very easy to maneuver with no effort at all.

Ease of Maintenance
You only need to clean out the tank that collects the dirty water

Suction Performance
This machine pulls up an amazing amount of water from your carpets. My carpet usually dries in a couple of hours with a fan on and warm weather. Not soaking wet

Designed just like an upright vacuum which makes it easy to store.

Very durable and easy to store.