Other Vacuums:

Bissell PowerSteamer Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Stress free way to have clean carpets

If you are looking for a rug steamer please be sure and check out the Bissell power steamer .Not only is is the best value for the money its also well built and dependable...Read complete review

If you are looking for a rug steamer please be sure and check out the Bissell power steamer .Not only is is the best value for the money its also well built and dependable .

when I first saw the Bissell my first reaction was This is going to be to heavy for me I'm 5 foot tall and am about 109 lbs so Big heavy units make me feel that I will not be able to maneuver them around . I actually was about to buy a smaller unit but my husband said no get the big one it looks better made so I thought I would give it a try . I'm so Glad I did the bissell looks big but its not at all hard for me to use . It cleans the carpets very well and the carpets dry quickly.

I really needed a carpet cleaner I have 1 long haired big dog and one long haired cat  my wall to wall carpet is lite tan .We have had so many people coming to visit over the passed 6 months my carpets were looking shabby , After using this once my carpets are back to normal and really soft under bare feet , This actually surprised me ,clean is expected but softness is a Great.

What I also Like is there is a really easy loading bucket you fill at the sink with hot watter and once its empty of fresh wash water you just dump it out refill and set the bucket back in, very easy NO stress and no attached to the sink hose. just one bucket for both fresh wash water and dirty used water .

The attachment works very well for cleaning the couch you just have to be sure that the soap container is full or the water will not come out of the hose thingy . I found this out by washing a part of the couch only to have the water stop coming out of the hose. I thought whats up with that. but found out that as long as the little bottle has the wash liquid in it it works just fine . So keep that in mind because at first I thought there was a problem with the hose ,anyway I did the whole couch and it looks new .

This unit is not to loud and easy to push, it cleans very well and your carpets will dry quickly so if you do them in the morning they are dry by afternoon .very nice and hard working .

The Bissel PowerSteamer is just ok.

I purchased this steamer because my two boys are notorious for tracking all sorts of dirt, mud and grime into the carpet at my house.  I thought that this would be a good purchase to have between professional carpet cleanings.  I was a little disappointed because the carpets were left with way too much water after each use.  It would take forever to dry and as most of my home is carpeted, I needed it to dry as quickly as possible.  The cleaning was ok, but of course not as good as a professional would do it.  For the money I paid, I felt that it should have done a better job.  Anyway, I think I'm just going to go hardwood and give up trying to keep a carpet clean with two very active boys in the house.

Great steam cleaner

from Auburn Illinois

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Short Power Cord

• Carpet

Comments about Bissell PowerSteamer Vacuum:

I use this steam cleaner often with having small kids things are always being spilled on the carpet also the heavy traffic from several people coming in and out makes for dirty floors I really like this steamer it get deep down in the carpet and cleans very well our carpet looks new again everytime I use it also it's very easy to use it isn't heavy and it's very easy to empty and fill back up very nice product

• Primary use:
  • Personal

Bissell PowerSteamer Vacuum cleans as good as the pros!

from Canton, OH

Comments about Bissell PowerSteamer Vacuum:

As a mom and pet mom there is no way that I could keep my home it's cleanest without my own carpet cleaner. The Bissell PowerSteamer Vacuum cleans my carpet as well as the pros did. And saves me a ton of money! I honestly clean my carpets about every 3 months. I just have to. Between the kids, my pets, and my foster pets I don't have a choice. I like my home to be as clean and fresh smelling as possible. That means keeping carpets clean. If the carpets aren't clean they hold in odors and make your home smell not so fresh. This carpet cleaner is so effective it cleans deep down and lifts stains away.

Maneuverability
As far as carpet cleaners go this one is pretty easy to maneuver. It isn't especially heavy or bulky so it's pretty easy to move around.

Ease of Maintenance
It's pretty easy to maintain. The maintenance is pretty much to make sure the hair is removed from the brush area and to clean the reservoirs. And wipe down the outside of the machine.

Suction Performance
Suctions the water out of the carpets very well. It doesn't take long for the carpets to dry completely which is great because I don't have the time.

Versatility
It cleans carpets, stairs, furniture.

I like the design. It's easy to use.

I think this is a very durable machine. I've had mine for some time now and it's still going strong!

Well worth the investment

Comments about Bissell PowerSteamer Vacuum:

If you have kids, then you have had messy carpets. Sometimes they spill water, but other times they spill juice that needs to be cleaned right away. Having this vacuum on hand has saved my carpet. When my kids spilled, I didn't have to run to the store and rent a carpet cleaner, I could just pull this out and be done in 30 minutes or less. It uses hot water to help get out that dirt and mess.

Maneuverability
It is a little bulky, and just moving it back and forth is the best way to get those carpets clean. I've never had problems getting it where I needed it though.

Ease of Maintenance
Just drain the water when you are done, and if you aren't going to use if for a while, take out any cleaner left in the bottle. It stores easily.

Suction Performance
The kids love watching this carpet cleaner work, because you can see the water coming up off the floor and how dirty it is. I like being able to see the dirt and water being suctioned off the carpet. It lets me know that it is working.

Versatility
I don't know how versatile a carpet cleaner can be. It does have hand tools to use on couches, chairs, etc.

It is a little bulky, but it is easy to use. The design works for this carpet cleaner.

We have had this cleaner for at least 6 years and it has been loaned to friends, and still works fantastic. We have had to have a repairman fix the foot pedal that releases the vacuum, but it was quick fix.

Good Steam Cleaner

Comments about Bissell PowerSteamer Vacuum:

This item is a good product. It is not the best, but it does get the job done. I have a two year old son that spills drinks and everything you can imagine on the carpet, and this machine has done a decent job cleaning the stains out of the carpet. One of the complaints I have with this product is that It is a very heavy and bulky machine. I don't have stairs in my home, and I don't think that it would be easy cleaning stairs with as big as it is. Other than that, I am pretty happy with this purchase as it didn't cost a while lot of money. It seems to work better if you can clean up the spills and stains within 15 to 20 minutes of when it happens. If you wait days to clean it up, it won't clean as well, but does clean it enough to where it doesn't look like a bad stain (like if you just didn't clean it at all). I would recommend this product, but I also would recommend that you do your research on other machines for what you may need it to do.

• Versatility:

Does okay but could be improved

Comments about Bissell PowerSteamer Vacuum:

This powersteamer vacuum by Bissell is alright as long as something is not too dirty. From my experience if something is too dirty it will take a couple of times to get something fully clean but other than that, it seems to do okay in getting the job done. I used this in a used car I purchased and you would not believe the dirt it pulled up from the interior. My seats went from a dark gray to a really light gray. I was not expecting the seats and carpeting to have that much dirt but it did. The only thing is, I had to go over the interior more than one time. Other than that it did an awesome job for a powersteamer that did not cost too much money. Recently, I used the steamer on a piece of furniture that my pet decided to get on, There was dirt caked down into the furniture and whatever else but after going over it one time with the steamer, it was back to a nice light blue color again.

Maneuverability
It maneuvers good. My only concern is trying to clean in small, tight places because that can be hard to do, even with the smaller attachments.

Ease of Maintenance
It is not hard at all to maintain. You just have to remember to empty the water and solution out of it after every time you use it.

Suction Performance
It sucks up dirt okay but it could be improved.

Seems to be durable because I have had it for longer than two years and nothing has broken on it yet.

• Versatility:

Doesn't dry quicker than regular carpet cleaner

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Bissell PowerSteamer Vacuum:

I bought the Bissell Power Steamer hoping the steam and heat would dry my carpets quicker than a regular carpet cleaner. It doesn't. The Bissell Power Steamer is a fairly heavy machine. If you are looking for something light weight, this is not the machine for you. It seemed simple enough when all I had to do was take the tank off and fill it with cleaning solution and water. I have five kids so my carpets are always dirty. I vacuumed the floor first, as instructed, then put the Bissell machine to work. I was impressed by all of the dirt it was getting out of my carpet. I went over the carpet one time and back over it several times to apply the heat. The heat didn't dry the carpet any quicker than a regular carpet cleaner would have. If anything, I think the heat helped lift up dirt, but not dry the carpet. My main complaint about this carpet cleaner is the more you clean and pick up, the more it spits back out. When I went over my living room carpet a couple of times, the Bissell started leaving deposit of dirt balls back on to the floor. It actually looked like mud because it was wet from going into the machine. They were easy to sweep up, but I don't think the machine should be putting the dirt back on the floor. Overall, it does a fairly decent job of cleaning carpet. I was amazed at the amount of dirt that was coming out of my carpet. I did have to go over the same room several times before the water coming up in to the machine was clean water and not dirty water. It is very time consuming and the machine is heavy. I now do one room each day to save myself from exhaustion. I recommend it to anyone who wants a basic carpet cleaner, but the steam isn't worth the higher price.

Ease of Maintenance
I had to unscrew several screws to get the dirty pieces off. Then I had to try to remember how it went back together.

Had to have it.

Comments about Bissell PowerSteamer Vacuum:

After searching for the most inexpensive brand we could find, and checking reviews online, we decided on the Bissell Power steamer. We got it home and used it. The performance was great. It was also nice having our own cleaner and not having to rent one.

Wonderful Steam Cleaner!

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Bissell PowerSteamer Vacuum:

My inlaws gave us this steam cleaner and it works wonderfully!!! It is easy to use and definitely gets stains off the floor. The cleaner that you use with this is a little on the expensive side (we buy Bissell or Hoover brand cleaner) but it works like a charm. The suction power is great! Would buy this again.

• Versatility:

Cleans better than others on the market

Comments about Bissell PowerSteamer Vacuum:

If you're in the market for a home carpet cleaning machine, this one is a good choice. I own a different brand now, and I gave this one to my mother. I actually miss this one. I think it cleaned better, it heated the water while you use it, and it extracted more water.

Suction Performance
I always think it could be a little bit dryer, but overall does a good job.

Versatility
Cleans upholstery and cars great.

Owned for over 6 years, still working with regular use.

• Versatility:

The Bissell PowerSteamer is great at cleaning up spots and spill

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Bissell PowerSteamer Vacuum:

I had spots from my great nephew spilling his juice in my light gray carpet, the power steamer was able to get them out after I first spot cleaned and them steamed them with the powersteamer. Great and wonderful.