Other Vacuums:
Bissell

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Light weight easy to use

The Bissell ProHeat X2 Select Pet is very easy to use. I used to have a steamer that hooked to the kitchen sink, there was a hose I had to drag all over it was a canister type. With this it is as easy as running the vaccume. It is a little heavier because of the water it holds about 1 gallon. I know that sounds small but it empties very easy and is good for a 12x12 room. With my other machine it held about 3 gallon it was big bulky and hard to carry This machine has a small detachable container with handle it lifts right out. The container has an inside bladder I do wonder how long it will last.Now I can clean the carpet anytime without hassle, it is great for spots to I don't have to tear the whole house apart for a little job.The hose attachment is easy to use and stays in place while running the upright and is good for pet areas as well as furniture.The upright part doesn't do well with pet hair but the hose attachment does.

It is a bit heavy.

Ease of Maintenance
It is hard to get all of the dirt rinsed out of the attachments. I have had to sit down and take them apart piece by piece or clean with a pipe cleaner.

Suction Performance
It leaves the carpet damp it has been better than others I have used.

Versatility
The hose is a little short for me and I have to move the entire cleaner around, Like if you are doing the couch it is hard to get the top of the back and the full length without stopping and moving the machine.

It is ok.

Well one of my small grandkids broke the lid on the canister and they don't weigh very much. I am sure one of them stood on it to reach something I know that it's not built for that but 40 lbs should not break the handle.

not to happy

I purchased this steam cleaner about 9 month ago, at first i was not impressed with all the plastic parts, it would not snap in place right when trying to empty the dirty water, the plastic hose attachment would not stay in place. When i cleaned the living room, it seemed like it would not suck up the dirty water at all, i tried and tried but the carpet stayed wet. I had to call customer service and they helped me get the cleaner to work, one of the plastic snaps inside the water tank was not closed right so it would not suck up any water. The only reason i gave the cleaner a 6 instead of a 1 is because when i had my house flooded due to a pipe breaking the cleaner actually helped suck up most of the water that was on the ground, it took forever and lots of running to empty the water out in the sink. When i used it for regular carpet cleaning with the cleaning solution it would get the dirt out just fine, but you really have to make sure you clean up the bottom parts good ( brush ) i had tons of pet hair and grime after just one use of regular carpet cleaning. The machine is really heavy also and takes up lots of space.

Maneuverability
can't do much but go back and forth, wont be able to clean right under a bed or in corners

if you keep the carpet machine cleaned up and it will last you a long time

does not suck up dirty water well

if you keep it clean it will last

Doesn't Work Consistently

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Pet Upright Deep Cleaner:

I received this as a Christmas present and it worked great for the first few times, and then it was hit-and-miss to when if would work well again after that. I was excited that it had a "tools" setting with different attachments to clean my furniture but most of the time it doesn't work since the seal from the bottom of the vacuum doesn't stay tight to suck well at all. I'm constantly readjusting it to make the seal stick. The last few times I've tried to clean my fabric couch, the water won't spray through the hose even though I've cleaned it out so I had to get a separate spray bottle. I don't like the brushes along the bottom sides of the cleaner, they seem to pick up dirty lint and drop it back on to the carpet in stripes instead of sucking it all up. It's really heavy to move around so it gives you a good workout! My baby tends to throw-up a lot and I use this cleaner to clean the carpet. It seems to work to get the stain and smell out originally, but then gradually comes back since it leaves so much water in the carpet and takes forever to dry. It's definitely not my favorite cleaner but will do until I can get a new one!

not to happy

if you keep the carpet machine cleaned up and it will last you a long time

does not suck up dirty water well

if you keep it clean it will last

• Versatility:

Would not recommend for long term use.

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Pet Upright Deep Cleaner:

Being a husky and lab owner I needed a carpet cleaner that would really get in there to get the hair, dirt, grime and stains. Since this had pet in it I thought that it would be great and help alot! I used this cleaner about once a month and before we had company come over. Only got the hair up half way but it did get the dirt and grime up very well. The attachments with the hose did not work at all for me. I had better luck throwing the cushions for the couch on the floor and cleaning them that way. It has a heating element that heats and keeps the water hot. When using it I would recommend waiting until late in they day or before bed because it leave a lot of water in the carpet and takes awhile to dry. Later on we didn't need to use it at much and it worked better once there was not so much dog hair. 3 years later it has gone kaput and no longer works. I would recommend this for people with dogs or cats that do not shed very much hair, that only want to use it occasionally and do not need the attachments.

Maneuverability
It is very easy to use and very light weight. I can't lift much but I have no problem lifting or carrying this at all.

Ease of Maintenance
You really have to do more than dump and rinse this out because the grime seems to stay in there and make it smell.

• Versatility:

Best Steam Cleaner I have owned - and this is my third one!

from Mooresville, NC

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Pet Upright Deep Cleaner:

The Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Pet Upright Deep Cleaner is the best upright steam cleaner that I have owned, and I am on my third one! With two children and two old dogs, there are messes everywhere, but with this steam cleaner, those messes are gone in a few minutes. For basic messes, I just drag it out of the closet - it is a bit heavy - fill the carpet cleaner tank and add clean water to the reservoir and start cleaning. The machine heats the water and the dual brushes scrub away at the stain or mess on the carpet. The cleaner is easy to maneuver once you get started. The suction is powerful, though I do like to go over the area twice to decrease the dry time. When you're done, just pull off the tank and dump it out. One of the nicest features is the on-board assortment of tools you can attach to the hose to clean off the juice and food spills on the furniture. Overall, this is a great product, and well worth the money; and I should know, I've gone through two other brands/models.

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Pet Upright Deep Cleaner:

My first experience with a deep cleaner was with the Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Pet Upright Deep Cleaner. I agreed to allow my daughter the privilege of getting a pet dog. I was not prepared for all of the pet hair the dog would leave behind and the stains it would leave in my carpet. I had to do something. It was costing me to much money to hire someone to come and clean my carpets on a monthly basis. So I went out and purchased the Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Pet Upright Deep Cleaner. It was costly and one of the more expensive brands but it was needed and did exactly what it was supposed to do. This deep cleaner is a little big and can be difficult to maneuver around in tight corners and spaces. It also has great suction and gets some of the toughest of stains out of the carpet. I mostly use it to remove stains from my daughters dog using the restroom on my carpet. This deep cleaner helps me keep the carpets stain free and odor free as well.

• Versatility:

I have two dogs, and this tackles their hair shedding problem!

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Pet Upright Deep Cleaner:

Haven't ever used another vacuum that does the job like this one. I have a saint Bernard great Dane mix, and a husky. Between the both of them. hair is constantly flying everywhere and anywhere. This pet vacuum manages to solve my worries, though. It sucks up all of their excess hair, and leaves my carpets feeling soft and very clean!

Maneuverability
This is a pretty simple and easy vacuum to maneuver. It has settings that you can adjust on it, which depend on what kind of floor you are vacuuming on.

Ease of Maintenance
This vacuum is quite easy to maintain. All you have to do is clean it our whenever it starts to get full, and make sure that you do not get anything caught up in it while you are using it. like hair or plastic.

Suction Performance
The suction performance on this product is unbeatable! Sure, this vacuum may seem a little bit pricey, but when you take into consideration how well it performs and sucks things up, you are definitely getting your moneys worth.

Versatility
This vacuum is very versatile. It is not a pain to take around your home.

I love the design of this product,

This products life value is long lasting, and it is so durable.

Great for Occasional Use

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Pet Upright Deep Cleaner:

After living in my apartment for five months and recently adopting a dog who sheds, I decided to purchase this deep cleaner. I opened the box and assembled it somewhat easily. When first turning the machine on, I did not realize that the hand held scrubber does not attach well on the apparatus, and the way I had connected it caused it to spray water everywhere. Once this problem was fixed, I was able to begin cleaning. This cleaner is very difficult to move around, partly because it is extremely heavy. Honestly, I don't know how I got it out of my car and into my apartment alone. After making several passes throughout the living room, I found that as I would pull the machine back towards myself, instead of continuing to suck up the hair/dirt from the carpet, the machine would start spitting it all back out. In all, I probably had to stop 10-15 times when cleaning my apartment in order to pick up clumps of carpet filth off of the floor and throw them into the trash can. Once I finished cleaning, I then had to disassemble the entire bottom of the machine in order to clean the filth out of it. This process was very difficult as I had to remove about 5 sets of screws and completely wash/dry each piece individually. It probably took me a total of 4 hours to deep clean my 1500 sq ft apartment including assembly.

Suction Performance
Continued to spit out carpet filth that I had to pick up by hand

Excellent Carpet Cleaner!!!!!

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Pet Upright Deep Cleaner:

I have a cat and a dog in the house and like children, animals too have accidents. I asked my mother if I could borrow her bissel deep cleaner, and I was absolutely amazed by how much this cleaner picks up. I didn't think my carpets were that dirty but Wow!! The only thing that would make this cleaner a perfect 10 would be if it moved around easier but overall it is wonderful!!

• Versatility:

Wonderful product for the price

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Pet Upright Deep Cleaner:

Easy to use machine that does a great job cleaning. I have a house with dogs and cats and this leaves my carpets clean and smelling nice.

Maneuverability
The weight of the machine makes it a little difficult to move around on carpet and you can't turn easily.

Ease of Maintenance
Easily disassembles to clean all the parts.

Suction Performance
Cleans my carpets with no problem. Leaves the carpet almost completely dry after use and even sucks up little puffs of kitty hair.

Versatility
I can use this on my carpets and use the attachments on my sectional or other fabric furniture.

It's a bit bulky, but not enough to hinder performance. The tank is a little hard to get to because you have to have the handle laying completely back to access.

So far so good. Haven't had any complaints or issues with this machine. I've had machines in the past that seemed like they fell apart after just a few weeks of use, this one has been used extensively and hasn't let me down at all.

• Versatility:

No Idea What I'd Do Without This!

from Austin, TX

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Pet Upright Deep Cleaner:

I love this product! I have 8 cats of my own, plus foster other animals, so a carpet cleaner is a must! This one is great for all my pet cleaning needs! It does keep breaking down, then fixes itself, so not sure what that's about. You need to go over stains very slowly, but it gets them all out, so I don't mind. It keeps the water hot, & has a switch to make it 25% hotter. Makes my world a lot easier, & cleaner!

Maneuverability
Moves around very easily. Easy to push around, turn, & get every spot you need.

Ease of Maintenance
It's very easy to keep clean. I rinse out the front plastic piece so all the hair is washed out, dump the water after I use it (VERY important to do this, or the water will smell VERY bad when you do throw it out), take a paper towel over it every now & then, & that's it. Nothing to really do to it.

Suction Performance
It's great, & picks up a lot of the water. However, sometimes the suction goes out, & very little water gets picked up. Also, when I clean my carpets, I have to be careful walking on the floors after walking on the carpets, or I slip.

Versatility
Great for all kinds of different jobs. You can use the cleaner on the carpets, the hose on pesky spots, furniture, stairs, & other areas, use on the floor, though it may not pick up enough water to walk on it right away, & any area you could think of. I use mine EVERYWHERE!

LOVE the design! It has everything attached to the machine, so you have whatever you need right there at your fingertips. If you suddenly realize you need a different brush, you don't have to go looking for a piece you probably lost since it's right there. The hose is easy to use - just turn the knob & go. Just remember to turn it back to use the machine again. I keep forgetting that part!

It's fairly durable, though I've had to replace a few parts. The tabs off a couple of pieces, the bottom hose rack & the cord ends (that hold the cord in place) have broken off, but I haven't replaced them yet. I also managed to break off the clear front part that sucks up all the water, & replaced that. It does keep breaking down & doesn't work right, or stops working all together, then suddenly fixes itself so I can use it again, usually after a few days or so I don't understand that one.