Other Vacuums:

Bissell SpotBot Pet Hands-Free Compact Deep Cleaner

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

The best pet cleaning product I own.

The Bissell Spotbot Pet is the best cleaning product I own for getting rid of all the stains my four dogs cause in my home.  The Spotbot is relatively easy to use after a few instructions.  You must use only small cleaners in the machine because of the consentration of the fluid - be careful of this when purchasing.  Most say "little green cleaner" on the bottle.  Once the required amount of cleaner and hot water are added to the resivoir, you are ready to go.  Set the Spotbot over the stain and you are ready to begin.  There are two electronic features on this machine; one for set in stains and the other for surface stains.  Anything that didn't just happen to your carpeting, use the set in stain.  The surface stain feature lasts approximately 3 minutes, whereas the set in stain lasts approximately 6 minutes.  Obviously, the set in stain uses more liquid.  The surface stain fluid will last you two times worth of use before it needs refilled.  If a stain is larger than the circular cleaning area, just move the machine over when it is done with the first location and press the start button again.  One convenient feature of this product is the pause button.  If you run out of cleaning fluid, need to move the machine because it got bumped, or need to pause it for any reason, this handy feature permits you to do so and start back where it left off whenever you are ready.  When either cleaning cycle is complete, the machine beeps to let you know it is finished.  Press the stop button and you are done.  I have never had this machine not get up the stain that was on the carpet!  One concern is that is has cleaned the area too well and left a clean little circle, which I guess is my fault.  There is a handy manual cleaner as well included on the machine.  It is great for small spaces that the other portion cannot get to, or cleaning couches, cars, etc.  Just clean the hose after usage to eliminate any smells staying with the machine.  I would recommend this product to anyone who has pets, or kids for that matter, and would like a clean home.

Bissell SpotBot ruined my carpet!

I have a long-haired cat that is constantly throwing up hairballs on my carpet, leaving disgusting orange stains. I bought the SpotBot a couple of years ago hoping for an easy way to clean those stains. I used the spotbot on several stains with seemingly no problem. Only after a couple of days did I notice a faint round outline where the spotbot had been. Most of these stains have faded and disappeared with time. One stain in particular has been impossible to get rid of, though and I now have a perfectly round dark stain on my bedroom carpet where the spotbot had been. I suspect the spotbot brought up dirt that was in the carpet padding, but I'm not sure. I live in a fairly new house and the carpets were in good shape before I moved in. I have since had my carpets cleaned professionally, but the stain remains. I also lent my spotbot to a friend with pets, and she reports the same problem with the faint round stains remaining behind, although she was able to get rid of hers.

Bottom Line: Be very careful!

Love this vacuum

from SalemNY

About Me Casual Cleaner

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Ergonomic Design
  • Lightweight
  • Powerful

Cons

• Auto
    • Cleaning
    • Home
    • Office

Comments about Bissell SpotBot Pet Hands-Free Compact Deep Cleaner:

My car floors had gotten very stained and I tried numerous products to get the stains out and nothing seemed to work great. My sister in law had a Bissell Spot Pot vacuum cleaner and I thought I'd give it a try. I vacuumed my floors first to get all the loose dirt out of the way and then put the Spot Bot deep cleaned to work and within 20 minutes I could notice a huge difference in the stains coloring and size. I really focused on just the driver seat floor as it was the only one with deep visible stains. After using this just once I set out on a mission to purchase one for myself. It works great, it's lightweight and compact and I was amazed with how well it removed stains that I had tried everything on. I will be recommending this to anyone I can think of and the price is not too expensive either and can be found fairly cheap online.

Perfect for those small cleanups!

from Palm Springs, CA

Comments about Bissell SpotBot Pet Hands-Free Compact Deep Cleaner:

I purchased this Bissell compact deep cleaner to replace another brand I had for years. I am so glad I made this purchase. I had brought home a rescue puppy and it came in so very handy for those small jobs when I didn't want to bring out the bigger steam cleaner. So very easy to use. Cleans up all the urine.

Maneuverability
    So easy to use just about everywhere when you have a small job that needs cleaning up.

Ease of Maintenance
    This machine is so easy to clean, Rinse out both tanks thoroughly with soap and hot water. When cleaning pet urine, I pour some vinegar and water in the sink then suck some of it up, and it cleans the hoses great without the awful smell of urine.

Suction Performance
    Love the suction! I was painting a room and accidentally spilled the container I was holding some of the Latex paint in. On my rug! I almost cried, what a disaster! I pulled out my Bissell and it sucked out all the paint! I was so amazed at what a great job it did. Saved me a ton of money!

Versatility
    I use this on my carpet when someone spills something, on my throw rugs that don't fit in the washer, and even in my car. It cleans the seats perfectly! I haven't tried this on my sofas yet, but I will now that its closer to the holidays!

Design is great. I like the see through canister. You can see all the dirt and grime that you are sucking up...Yuck. Easy to maneuver around

I have had this for almost a year now and have no problems with anything breaking. It has done so much cleaning around this house. I am honestly thinking of getting one for my son for Christmas just to clean his cars carpeting, and to clean the carpet on his stairs.

• Versatility:

Get rid of stubborn stains.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Bissell SpotBot Pet Hands-Free Compact Deep Cleaner:

We were moving out of our apartment and had to have our floors professional steam cleaned and the company who did it really missed a lot and did a horrible job. We wanted all of our security deposit back so we pulled out our spot bot to try and take care of anything that they missed. Our daughter had fell on her sippy cup and it busted the lid off and she spilled grape juice all over our carpet, this left a nasty stain that nothing seemed to work on. The spot bot is great because it has a round area with a brush that you put directly over the stain and you press the automatic button and it spends about 10 minutes going over that stain cleaning it, you have nothing else that you have to do. We put this over it and made it run three times and I was so happy that the stain actually came out. The downsides to this is that it is a very small area that this works for, so cleaning your whole house would take you forever, but if you have a small spot that needs cleaned this is the perfect option so you don't have to break out a large carpet cleaner.

• Versatility:

Great for fresh pet stains!

Comments about Bissell SpotBot Pet Hands-Free Compact Deep Cleaner:

Love this powerful little machine. I have two dogs and wall to wall carpet and accidents happen. It's easy to fill and place over a spot and walk away. I find the "set in stain" option works great on #2 stains, but for water or urine the regular setting is great. Most of the dampness is gone soon after using and the hose attachment is great for furniture and stairs.

Maneuverability
    It has a convenient handle to carry it, but it's kind of heavy, especially when filled with water. No wheels on it as it's for spots not an entire room.

Ease of Maintenance
    This is my second unit. I am able to empty the water chambers easily, but the first one owned, after 3 years, stopped spraying the cleaning solution out of the big circle used for spots, I took it apart but it is not easy to access any of the pumps etc, but being the price is good it wasn't a burden to purchase another one.

Suction Performance
    Mostly all the water and solution are removed and the hose attachment is great for following up/getting more liquid out.

Versatility
    Good for carpet, stairs and furniture, but not for an entire room.

Looks good, easy to operate and fill up.

Mine gets used a lot and is built with good, durable plastics.

Pretty amazing cleaner!

from Troy NY

Comments about Bissell SpotBot Pet Hands-Free Compact Deep Cleaner:

We recently began fostering rescue dogs, and a friend suggested to me that we should purchase the Bissell SpotBot Pet Hands-Free Compact Deep Cleaner... and I am finding myself really glad that she made the suggestions.

Our fosters are sometimes nervous and make little messes, or if it rains, they can't really help the mud or dirt that they track in... and to top it off, we have white carpets.

The Bissell SpotBot Pet Hands-Free Compact Deep Cleaner has been a lifesaver for removing paw prints and little messes. I just set it down, let it do it's thing and then move it on to the next spot (while trying to keep the dogs from knocking it over of course!).

The only downside to the SpotBot is that it is not really good at removing stains if you let the stain sit for more than a day or so. If that happens, you really should use a more standard carpet cleaning machine. But as long as you get to spots quickly, that shouldn't be an issue.

Tackles Tough Stains

from Virginia

Comments about Bissell SpotBot Pet Hands-Free Compact Deep Cleaner:

Having 2 small children who are both under the age of 3, I am constantly dealing with stains throughout my home especially carpet stains. We decided on carpeting the whole house before our children were born. I did a full shampoo on the carpets about 6 months ago, but with toddlers and pets, the carpets are taking a beating. I decided I would buy the Bissel SpotBot Pet Hands Free Compact Deep Cleaner to see if it would help with the stains my children were leaving behind for me to clean. Having a 2 and 3 year old means I'm short on time and I can't always clean up after them before they are making a new mess. Since this cleaner is hands free I had to have one. When I first used it I was amazed at how light weight it is. I found it very easy to move around from room to room. It has a very long cord attached so once I am done with one stain I can park it on another. Since this is a small machine I am only able to use it 2 to 3 times before I have to dump it and refill it with water and solution, but it come with 2 Bissel Sample Solutions to try right out of the box. I was amazed at the first stain I removed, my daughter had spilt dark purple grape juice and the brushes cleaned it right out. There's 2 different cleaning modes that I'm able to use, light or deep, which I personally use the deep most of the time. This cleaner is so simple, I set it down directly on the stain, press a button and walk away. Once it's went through the full cleaning cycle it automatically shuts itself off! But it also can be used manually, it has a 5 foot hose that I am able to use by hand, which I haven't used this feature yet. I will say that for this machine to be so small it is very loud. So far I really like this product, I am using it at least 2 to 3 times a week. I like that is has a one year warranty, in case anything happens. Highly recommend this cleaner if you have children. It can tackle just about any stain.

Suction Performance
    It will leave the areas I clean very damp. I wish it had better suction.

Absolutely Love It

from Scranton, PA

Comments about Bissell SpotBot Pet Hands-Free Compact Deep Cleaner:

I can not say enough good things about this product. If you are potty training dogs it makes cleaning up after indoor accidents a million times better. You just put the machine over the stain, push the button, and walk away while it really, really cleans that spot on your carpet. I have never had to go back and re-clean an area after using this cleaner with it. Not only is this product great with pets, but also infants! I have used it to clean up after baby poo and throw-up messes. One time when my infant had a stomach virus I was super thankful to have this in my house. Every time I pull it out of my closet, I think that this was a very worth while purchase. The only thing that I can think of that you might not like is how heavy the spot-bot is. It surprised me the first time I picked it up. But to me, it made me think that it was a solid, well built item. I can't think of anything else that you might not like.

Great for use with pets

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Bissell SpotBot Pet Hands-Free Compact Deep Cleaner:

We have a small pet dog that tends to have accidents on the carpet. We do not have much carpet left in our house, since it has been replaced with flooring, however all of the bedrooms still have carpet.
    If we leave the doors open to the bedrooms, my dog will have an accident on the carpet. I was tired of pulling out the huge carpet cleaner, so I bought this Bissell machine. I have to say it works great for spot cleaning and the stain literally disappears. It does not take much effort at all and the suction power is great.
    It is easy to clean and maintain and hold enough water for small cleaning areas. I clean mine out after every use to avoid any musty smells.

Maneuverability
    It is easy to use to clean small spaces as well as spot cleaning. I wouldn't recommend it for large cleaning areas.

Suction Performance
    It works just as well as the larger carpet cleaners, but is just a smaller version.

I love the design, it is small and easy to store.

Great Little Carpet Cleaner

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Bissell SpotBot Pet Hands-Free Compact Deep Cleaner:

I really like this style carpet cleaner as opposed to the large push cleaners that are similar to vacuum cleaners because we do not have a lot of carpet. We only have a large section of carpet in our living room with some decorative rugs in the bedroom and some carpet non-skid covers for the steps of the stairs. I really like this machine because I am able to place it on the stairs when a have a mess from my daughter spilling her cup there. I can start it after putting in the water and cleaning solution and leave it to do its job. It completes a full cleaning cycle without me having to hold it or even supervise it. I am also able to use it to deep clean my microfiber couches and the seats in my vehicle with it by using the extendable handheld wand. This machine also has a unique microban antimicrobial product protection which keeps mold, mildew, and odor causing bacteria from growing within the moist areas of the cleaner. This special feature also makes cleaning of the unit much easier. A main feature I like is the ability to select the specific stain type I am cleaning instead of a one-size fits all approach. It is not very heavy and I can easily manage it up and down the stairs with one hand.

• Versatility:

Bissell Spot Bot for Pets is awesome!

Comments about Bissell SpotBot Pet Hands-Free Compact Deep Cleaner:

This is by far the best compact carpet shampooer I have ever used. The attachments are helpful for upholstery too!

Maneuverability
    I just usually sit it in one spot and get down then move it on to the next pet stain (decrepit dog with incontinence issues).

Ease of Maintenance
    Very easy to fill and empty this puppy. Maybe a water heater would improve performance slightly but I'm definitely not complaining.

Suction Performance
    Picks up odors and stains VERY well.

Versatility
    Works well on floors, couches, even your vehicle's upholstery!

Well designed for sure and very easy to use.

We are on our second one but that is because it fell off our garage shelf and cracked the return reservoir so it would still clean but just drain the dirty water right back - had to replace it. Our fault though - unit two is going strong!