Other Vacuums:

Hoover Elite Rewind Bagless Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

The Hoover Elite Rewind picks up everything!

I was forced into buying a new vacuum when my old (Fantom) gave up.  I am a huge fan of bagless vacuums because I don't like the cost of replacemnet bags. I also love the whole HEPA filtration. I honestly thought I may be a little disapointed with the Hoover Elite, because I loved my Fantom so much. I am not disapointed at all with what this vacuum can pick up. It was embarrassing and exciting when I first used this vacuum. My -multiple cat- home had not been properly vacuumed in weeks. I literally had a huge pile of dirt, dust and fur on my porch... I meant to take pictures, but it started raining. Just vacuuming my living room I had to empty the canister 4-5 times! Only the first use though, I can do my whole house before I have to empty the dust bin, though I usually empty it after every room just to see what I get :D

What I like:

The suction! This thing picks up like a champ... seriously! The amount of *stuff* you get out of this thing makes you wonder how long you could live with so much crud everywhere and have no idea!

I like the many height adjustment levels it has. We have low pile carpet, some medium, and a few shag rugs... and it works great for them all. Adjusting the height is not hard, just a turn of the knob.

The retractable cord is awesome! Such a small thing makes a big difference and honestly, it's just cool!

What I don't like:

For me emptying the canister is a little hard. Maybe I was spoiled with my Fantom, but I feel like it takes more effort out of me to turn it to unlock and open it than I would like. I also have Fibromyalgia and have damaged joints from Juvenile Arthritis- so that may be why.

The hose is not near long enough. I had read some complaints about this, and thought I don't use the hose much so who cares... I was wrong. It's really short. It's not real easy to use it on the floor right beside where the vacuum sits, definitely wouldn't reach the ceiling. I feel like they chose appearance of functionality here. It just wouldn't look pretty to have an extra pipe I guess.

For me the handle is not comfortable. I don't feel like I can get a good grip on it. But, again, with my health issues it may just be me.

I feel like there could be some fairly easy changes to make this vacuum amazing.Overall I am very happy with the Hoover Elite Rewind. I would recommend it.

lasted two days

This is one of the worst vaccums I have ever had.  I bought it on a Sat. night, brought it home and put it together on Sun.  On Monday night I moved all my furniture out, because I was getting all new furniture on Tue. I started to vaccum the carpet and all of a sudden I hear a horrible noise and it starts to smell like it is burning!  Before I can get it shut off pieces start blowing out of the bottom of it, the beater bar just blows apart!

It says on the instruction sheet to call the company before taking the vaccum back to the store.  So I call the phone # first thing Tue. morning and the lady says, "well, do you have your receipt?"  I tell her I do and she says, "then just take it back to where you bought it."  I informed her that the instructions told me to call them first and she just said, "well, you need to take it back to the store you bought it from."

I will never buy another Hoover again!

Not bad for the price

Comments about Hoover Elite Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum was not a bad product. Even though it is discontinued. I do not have animals but I believe this would be a good vacuum if you did. I notice that hair gets caught in the turn underneath but it is a easy fix. I was pleased with this product. I still use this vacuum.

Maneuverability
Easy to maneuver. The vacuum itself is a little heavy. I would not recommend this vacuum if you have to carry it up and down flights of stairs.

Ease of Maintenance
Not hard to clean. Just make sure to keep the filter clean.

Suction Performance
The suction is good but the hose has better suction than the vacuum itself if you use it on the floor.

Versatility
Use it on all parts of the house. The hose is good for dusting. I dust my shelves and curtains with it. Works great.

The design is okay. Like I said before the vacuum itself is a little heavy but it works well. It is kind of big and bulky so it is hard to find a spot to place it when not in use.

This product is very durable. I have dropped the bag less part that catches and holds all the dust many times when trying to empty it and there is not a crack in it.

Works great on pet hair

Comments about Hoover Elite Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

We were gifted this vacuum 4 years ago and it is still going strong. Besides the normal maintenance issues like replacing filters and belts, it has done great. We have a little short hair dog, who sheds a lot. Her hair gets everywhere. This vacuum I have to say does a wonderful job getting her hair! By the time we are done vacuuming the entire canister is full of dog hair we have to toss. It is nice not to have to worry about purchasing bags. You just go to the garbage can, hit the button and the canister ejects everything. Then when you are done, close the canister back up snap it back into the vacuum, and you are good to vacuum again. I won't go back to bags. It is kind of bulky to maneuver but overall I am pleased with this vacuum.

Hoover Elite Rewind !!!

from Brazoria, TX

Comments about Hoover Elite Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

I really do like this vacum.It has great suction power.I have had this one for about six months now.So far so good.I hope I get some years out it.It is bagless. The cord does rewind when you push the the little pedal.It is fairly easy to push around.It does seem a little large.I wish I had gotten something smaller ,but I was afraid I wouldn't get the suction power.It is very easy to clean ,all you do is rinse the filter under warm water.

Maneuverability
It is fairly easy .As I said earlier it is a large vacum.

Ease of Maintenance
It is very easy to clean and take care of.

Suction Performance
It has very good suction power.I was vacuming my heater off and it sucked the knob off.So my husband had to unhook the hose and got it out.

Versatility
It can clean your carpets and it does have a short hose for other things.

Design is good but I wish it was smaller.

Very durable so far!!!

I would buy another!

from Lisle, IL

Comments about Hoover Elite Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

I'm impressed with this machine. I use it all over my house on carpet and hardwood. Having a bagless machine is not even an option-- I simply can't imagine it any other way. I would dump the debris outside, however, because much of that can be airborne again and settle.

My only gripe is the construction of the canister. Because I use it and pour out the debris often, I have dealt with accidentally breaking the clip that holds the canister up. It makes for an even messier change, but the vaccuum is still a workhorse.

I wouldn't trade it

from Tomball, TX

Comments about Hoover Elite Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

I love this product. I wouldn't trade it for another vacuum. It does a wonderful job of cleaning my carpets. It is easy to maintain and I love just having to take out the cannister and dump it. I would recommend the Hoover brand to anyone and this vacuum if they are wanting a good vacuum cleaner

• Versatility:

Bad design that should not be bought by anyone!

Comments about Hoover Elite Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

The belt design on this vaccum is extremely poor! I have lots of rugs with fringed edges, as well as throws on furniture with fringes. If you get one of these in the beater bar for a second or two, the belt burns through. Then you have to remove 6 screws to replace the belt. It is just impossible to actually use this vac without regulary breaking belts. I am very disatisfied with this vac. If you have rugs with fringes DO NOT BUY THIS VAC!!!!!!!!

Also the hose is difficult to extend and use with attachments.

Belt Issue!!!!

Suction Performance
It does a good cleaning job if you do not jam the beater bar.

They went cheap with a stretchy belt without cording. Stalled belt is immediately melted by the shaft and ruined. Six srews and hand tools to replace something that breaks regularly.

Belt durability is pathetic!

Great Cleaning Machine

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Hoover Elite Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

I really love this vacuum because it isn't really loud and noisy, easy to maneuver and picks up all the dust and hair around my carpets. I like that the vacuum is bagless, so no mess to clean up or filters to clean out. It has a great suction action that works to get carpets clean, and also the attachment hose is great for picking up pet hair on chairs and couches. This is a vacuum that is easy to move from room to room and really cleans.

Maneuverability
Very easy to move, the handle is easy to grip and helps you move the vacuum from room to room. Easily glides on carpets and picks up messes.

Ease of Maintenance
I love that the vacuum is bagless so no mess. It is easy to store and doesn't jam with dust. This is really long lasting and durable.

Suction Performance
It has a strong suction that works at picking up dirt, pet hair and spills and all it takes is one glide over the area to get it clean. The attachment hose has a great suction to use on couches and chairs and won't damage material.

Versatility
This vacuum is good for carpets, couches and chairs and works great in bedrooms and guest rooms, family rooms, dining rooms, hallways and stairs.

Has an upright high quality design that is easy to use and easy to store when not in use.

I have had the vacuum for about a year now and it seems really durable and long lasting. I haven't had any problems with it and expect to use it for many years to come.

• Versatility:

Great Product and a great value

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Hoover Elite Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

We needed a vacuum since we had just moved into a new home and wanted to trash the old one. This one was in the middle price range at Wal-Mart and we've had it over a year. It's really easy to remove the canister and just dump the contents. Having new carpet, it was great to see how fast we were accumulating dust/carpet/pet hair. I love this vacuum and would recommend it to anyone.

• Versatility:

Never loose suction, easy to use, light weight, great

from Williamson, NY

Comments about Hoover Elite Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

this is a great vacuum. I have had it for about 3 months & haven't lost suction yet. I love how the cord gets wound up into the vacuum & stored, no more winding it by hand. Hose is a great length & the attachments are very handy.

Suction Performance
Like a Dyson just way cheaper

Works for me!

from Wasilla, AK

Comments about Hoover Elite Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

With 4 kids and a dog this vaccuum gets a workout! I have had it for about a year and have been happy with the job it does. The filters need to be kept clean and it will work great! I love the cord rewind feature and it's easy to get out items that have been sucked in by accident (toys, socks, etc.) I love how easy it is to dump the dust cup but it can be a mess when that opens accidently before I get it to the garbage can! I know from personal experience. You just have to make sure it is latched well and it will eliminate that issue. I do find it a bit heavy to go up and down the stairs. I love that I can use it on my wood floors as well as the carpet, my house is about 50/50 wood floors and carpet so that is a bonus in my book. Other than it being heavy my only other complaint is the cord is too short. I do have to move the plug a few times to reach all of the spots and I have had other vaccuums that it wasn't such an issue. Overall I am still very pleased with it.