3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

bare bones but gets the job done

I own this Holmes 2 gallon humidifer and I have been pretty happy with it . I bought it because I have chronic sinusitis due to the dry gas heat in my house in the winter . I desperately needed some moisture in the bedroom when I sleep so I don't wake up with a dry , scratchy throat . This was one of the cheapest , smallest models I could find and I have owned Homes branded products before so I took a chance on it . It suits my needs adequately . I put it on in the winter months before going to bed and it runs abotu 7 hrs . Because it is small, it sometimes uses up all the water - I don't think you would eb happy with it if you wanted to run it more than 7-8 hrs . I clean mine daily before refilling with new water and it is easy to do that . It does provide much needed moisure in my dry home and I wake breathing easier without that chronic stuffy nose and scratchy throat . Very affordable and a good item .

Great Adjustability

After a month of waking up with a dry throat, my husband brought home the Holmes HM1760-UC 2 Gallon Humidifier for our bedroom. I really like the two speed settings, and the adjustable humidity level. The Holmes HM1760-UC 2 Gallon Humidifier does hold 2 gallons of water, but I found that I had to re-fill the canister more often than every 24 hours. A big advantage of the Holmes HM1760-UC 2 Gallon Humidifier is that there is a little gauge on it that tells you when your filter is in need of changing! However, after just four days of use, the gauge is saying the filter needs to be changed! Our home is a non-smoking home and after only four days, how is the filter dirty?

Over-all, I'm not impressed with the Homles HM1760-UC 2 Gallon Humidifier because I expected so much more from the Holmes brand. The air in our bedroom does seem moister, as we seem to have less dryness and stuffiness in our nasal passages, but having to replace the water and filter sooner than stated on the instructions is very, very inconvenient.

Works Fine, But Container Is Hard To Clean

Comments about Holmes Products 2 Gallon Humidifier:

I am used to the humidifiers from my childhood, where you could see a stream of warm steam coming out of the machine. This humidifier feels cold and never really feels like it's adding much moisture to the room, although from the water that disappears I know that it must. It is loud when it is operating, however it is a "white noise" type of sound. I find that unless you run this thing 24/7 the filter gets nasty very quickly. There is also no way to clean the fan and grates without practically breaking the grate of the top. Maybe this is a safety factor, but it's gross to not be able to clean the fan blades. Also, there is no way to clean the refill bucket. The spring to the container lid broke early on, but if I turned the container over quickly I could still get it to work, it just spilled a little water until it settled into it's nook. So this works, but keeping it clean is not easy to do.

A Good Little Humidifier

from Keller, TX

Comments about Holmes Products 2 Gallon Humidifier:

Tis is a good little humidifier.

Output Volume
This little unit puts out a great deal of moisture into the air, and it's relatively quiet too, even on the high setting.

This humidifier can moisturizer the air in a large room.

This unit comes apart easily. It is easy to wipe it out or rinse it out, then reassembles easily too. The filter comes out with ease as well. It is recommended that all humidifiers be cleaned daily if possible.

All body parts are made of medium weight molded plastic, which makes it pretty unbreakable and easy to clean.

This particular humidifier takes up minimal space and it is easy to fill the water reservoir.

• Output Volume:

I like it - works for my needs

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Holmes Products 2 Gallon Humidifier:

My husband and I have lots of musical instruments. Living in Minnesota, the winters get extremely dry and we needed a decent humidifier to keep a reasonable level of humidity in the room where we keep our wooden instruments. I don't have a lo to say about this machine other than it works, and it hasn't let us down so far. My hygrometer says that this room is consistently at about 45% humidity, when the rest of our house is about thirty percent without humidification. I find it easy to fill and have had no issues with it so far. I will only be using it during the winter months, as the summers here are generally very humid - so I expect it will last a very long time. And while it's not beautifully designer, it's a humidifier. I'm not concerned with looks. It works.

• Output Volume:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Houston, TX

Comments about Holmes Products 2 Gallon Humidifier:

Use this machine when the grandchildren sleep over. It keeps the moisture in the air and the kids don't have dry lips and can breath easier. The Holmes humidifier is easy to fill, not hard to clean but does require the filters to be changed fairly often. For the price it does the job.

Not great

Comments about Holmes Products 2 Gallon Humidifier:

I've had this humidifier for quite a while. I didn't purchase it; it was a gift. I suppose it was better than nothing, but the air in my apartment is still very very dry, and me and my partner and our pets still end up shocking each other all winter long, even with this humidifier running 24/7. We had another humidifier that we added along with it a few weeks ago, and that one was much better, but we broke it accidentally. So now we can really tell how crappy this one is, since we don't have the other one any longer. It's also really hard to find filters for, but at least they are sort of cheap.I regularly replace my filters too, so that's not the issue. Please don't waste your money by purchasing this item.

• Output Volume:

Good quality and easy to use.

Comments about Holmes Products 2 Gallon Humidifier:

When my son came down with a cold and we needed to purchase a humidifier we initially thought we would get one of those cute animal ones for his bedroom but upon further reading we decided that the Holmes humidifier would be a better choice for quality and ease of use for the long term. We just fill with water, plug it in and we're good to go. The humidifier is light-weight and easy to store and clean if you add the vapors to the machine (which we have not needed or done). We like to keep the humidifier on a cookie sheet while on the dresser to avoid any moisture build-up on the hardwood surface. The out-put is great and we are very satisfied with the quality.

An economical alternative

Comments about Holmes Products 2 Gallon Humidifier:

The Holmes humidifier is fairly inexpensive alternative when you need a humidifier for occasional use. We only use it when we have a sick child in the home and it works well for this. I like that it has a filter but you will have to take into account the cost of replacement filters. Specific filters are made for certain models so you will most likely not be able use leftovers from others you have owned.

Output Volume
Good for a smaller room.

Works fine for occasional use.

Somewhat difficult to get all of the water out of the tank.

No complaints.

I like that the water take comes off and can be filled and emptied and that you do not have to carry the whole unit to the faucet.

Good overall humidifier

from Storm Lake, IA

Comments about Holmes Products 2 Gallon Humidifier:

We purchased this humidifier to help keep some moisture on the top level of our home. We have a hot water furnace and it is often quite dry during the winter months especially. I struggle with dry, cracking skin, this humidifier has really greatly lessened the issues I have during this winter skin wise. Additionally, our toddler has not had any issues with injury or other things with the humidifier as well. It is fairly easy to fill and replace into the humidifier. The cord is reasonably long which is nice living in a older home with fewer plug ins. Overall I would recommend this humidifier for families and for large spaces or small spaces.

bare bones but gets the job done

from MA

Quiet!

from Columbiaville, MI

Comments about Holmes Products 2 Gallon Humidifier:

Purchased this humidifier to help with the dryness of using a wood burner. We keep a pot of water on our wood burner, but the house still felt dry. Decided to give this a try and it has made a difference. It does need frequent refilling, but so does the pot on our stove! Fortunately the reservoir is easy to refill, so that is a non issue. I do wish that the parts could be locked together. My dogs have knocked it apart more than once. Considering that the parts are plastic, I'm surprised nothing has cracked. The filter does need to be replaced fairly often, but in our case, it could be from the extra dust of the wood stove. The unit itself is extremely quiet, so it doesn't interfere with sleeping. For the price, this is well worth it!

Reservoir is difficult to clean.

Knocked over by my dogs several times with no issues.