Other Dog Foods:
Dry Dog Food
Hill's Science Diet
Hill's Science Diet Mature Adult Active Longevity Original Dry Dog Food

Hill's Science Diet Mature Adult Active Longevity Original Dry Dog Food

Fantastic food for my senior dog!

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Mature Adult Active Longevity Original Dry Dog Food:

It is hard to believe that a food could actually improve my senior dog's lifestyle, but it really does! She seems happier like she feels better and she loves the food. I have heard from some of my friends who use really cheap food and their dogs seem to have more health problems. It's kind of like humans eating junk food. The stuff you put in your body reflects how you will feel healthwise. My dog is more than just a dog to me. She is a part of my family. It is worth it to me to spend more on her food to make sure she is healthy and well taken care of.

Quality of Ingredients
They use the best ingredients, real meats and good nutrients. It is important to look through the ingredients in your dog's food. A lot of cheaper foods just have artificial flavors and fillers.

Flavor Selection
There could be a wider flavor selection to choose from other than just the standard flavors. However, I don't have a problem with the choices available because my dog loves it anyway.

• Quality of Ingredients:
  • Flavor Selection:

Best Diet for our Lab

This is the best diet for our lab. We've fed her the Science Diet dry foods from the puppy all the way to her current diet of the Adult Active Longevity. She's still active and able to keep up with the young dogs on a duck hunt. Her coat is shiny and healthy all the time. She has not started showing signs of arthritic joints or pain as some her age have. She will be celebrating her 10th birthday next month, and has the attitude of a 2 year old always on the go, running and playing with our kids, training and running blinds, and still jumping in our laps for family movie night or just to get some attention.

Quality of Ingredients
The quality and nutrition that is provided in this blend gives her just what she needs to maintain a healthy weight and active lifestyle. When looking at the nutrition labels in other brands, Science Diet has been the only foods that has offered the right combination to provide the essential nutrients that will give our dogs just what they need to maintain their weight, muscle and strength. We wouldn't feed our pets anything else.

Flavor Selection
Well personally, none of us have tasted this food, it smells good and Grace definitely looks forward to every meal and never leaves any behind.

• Quality of Ingredients:
  • Flavor Selection:

15 year old mini Schnauzer Science Diet Mature Adult

from Healdsburg, CA

We fed our dog Science Diet dry kibble exclusively from puppy through to his senior years. Sadly, we recently lost him, but he had a long and happy life. We miss him and we're just starting to think about getting another mini Schauzer. We have been reading all kinds of reviews on dog foods, raw food, etc....but we'll stick with Science Diet based upon our experience.

If you love your dog, you love Hill's Science Diet Mature Adult

from Bowling Green, KY

**Hill's Science Diet Mature Adult 7+ Original has allowed my 10 year old dog to live relatively pain free.  When my little pom-a-poo started showing signs of aging, my veterianarian recommended **Hill's Science Diet Mature Adult 7+ Original.  I have noticed a remarkable difference in my little dogs agility and energy.  He started gaining weight just like every other senior citizen who becomes more sedentary and the **Hill's Science Diet Mature Adult 7+ Original helped with that too.  The only negative is that the increased fiber in the food causes him to have to go out more, but the up side is that the more he goes out the more exercise he gets.  This dog food has helped with his digestion and his arthritis.  We have always fed him Hill's Science Diet Foods so the transition from his Adult food to the Mature Adult 7+ food was not an issue.  He seems to love it and feel better too.  As a dog lover I couldn't ask for a more nutritious, healthier food for my 4 legged baby!******

Science Diet Was The Right Choice!

from Decatur, IL

When our "free" puppy had her 2nd surgery before she was a year old, the vet suggested Hill's Science Diet due to her sensitive stomach.  At a year old, she had her first seizure and continued to have seizures until she was put on medication that would give her a better quality of life, although a shorter one.  Since that time, she has had nothing but Science Diet as her only dog food and is now approaching her 9th year--a little bit of arthritis but still playful and doing well.  I feel Hill's Science Diet has had a large part of keeping her healthy!

My lab loves this food - keeps her strong and healthy!

from Bloomington, IN

After researching what kind of food we should give our aging lab, we settled on this one. It certainly hasn't disappointed. After trying several brands we found that she was urinating more than usual and drinking more water throughout the day. We later found out it was because those brands added extra salt to the mix which was upsetting her system. We've always had to watch what brands we feed her as she has a very sensitive stomach. This food is perfect for our dog and doesn't upset her at all. At eleven years old, almost twelve, she is still running like she did when she was four or five and doesn't seem to have the complications from arthritis she experienced prior to putting her on this food. Her coat is shinier and softer as well. She is so excited when we pull the cup out of the dog food bin to feed her. If you have an older dog that needs a food that is gentle on the stomach and helps with aging joints I would recommend this one! Perfect for any older dog!