Other Dog Foods:

Hill's Science Diet Adult Advanced Fitness Small Bites Dry Dog Food

Pros

Cons

Worth the Money

I have a Chihuahua-Corgi mix, at least 9 years old. She is a very picky eater and once I find something she will eat, I stay with it. A few months ago, she started getting sick after eating. At the same time, I noticed changes in the appearance of her of her dog food. I knew I had to try something different. My vet had recommended Hill's Science Diet in the past, so I thought it was worth a try. I bought the Science Diet Small Bites, and after a little hesitation, she started eating. The small nuggets are the perfect size for her and easy to chew (she is missing a few teeth). She doesn't hesitate at all now, and eats quite a bit when we put her food down. Best of all, she has had no further issues with throwing up her food. She has plenty of energy, is very playful and runs around like a dog half her age. She has done so well on it, we switched our other dog to a Science Diet variety, as well. Science Diet is more expensive then the food they were eating, but it has been worth the money. Both dogs are doing much better all around since the switch.

Cheap food but not bad

I first tried this brand because they are always handing out samples, I received my first sample at a local fair as strange as that sounds. I like the size and shape of the pellets as they were easy to use and put into puppy food storage containers. My puppy liked it, hes not too picky but he did prefer these to the kiddbles and bits he was eating at the time. I don't buy this brand but as a freebie its great, if it was on sale I would think about it.

Quality of Ingredients
I have no idea what the quality is but based on the price and what i hear from others this is a cheap brand without great quality. My puppy seems to like it though and better than several other brands.

Flavor Selection
I believe the flavors are limited but they do have various options based on the size and age of your dog which most pet foods have these days. Overall my dog liked it and it sounded fresh when he ate it as in it was still crunchy and not stale like some "softer" dog food brands are.

Pricey but great for active dogs

from Boston, MA

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Advanced Fitness Small Bites Dry Dog Food:

I trained my dogs for agility so I needed to feed them something that wouldn't make them gain weight but wouldn't lack for nutrition and protein. I used to work for a vet hospital so I knew about science diet for animals that needed specific diets for a kidney issue or digestive health issues so I was thrilled when I found out they had a formula for advanced fitness. Agility training requires animals be in tip top shape and just like a professional athlete their diet is crucial to their performance. I would not recommend this for a dog that just runs around the back yard this is for dogs who are athletes.
Science Diet is expensive, that is why I don't recommend it for large dogs, It is good for them but prepare to pay for it. You may want to look into chicken and rice instead. The food is small so it is geared to dogs with smaller mouths but big dogs can eat it too. There isn't a lot of flavor variety so you may have to add a little oil to make it more appetizing to your pet.

Quality of Ingredients
Science Diet does use the very best ingredients in all of their foods. This is carefully made to help keep animals from gaining too much weight but it also provides them with the best nutrition. If you train your animals for agility or if you have incredibly active dogs this is great for them. Other brands don't use the top ingredients which means a lot of nutrition is lost.

Flavor Selection
There are not very many flavors for science diet. You will need a prescription for most varieties. Each food is what it is and some dogs like it while others don't. Out of three dogs that I have fed this to, two have loved it and one didn't really like it at all but would eat as he was hungry.

• Flavor Selection:

This is a healthy, good dog food

My mother is a veterinarian, and she has always recommended Science Diet food for my pets. I have been using this dog food with my two small dogs (9lb chihuahua mix, and 14lb toy poodle), and they both love it and are very healthy!

Quality of Ingredients
Science Diet dry dog food has very high quality ingredients. Real chicken is the first ingredient, which of course means it has the highest amount of all the ingredients. They also use whole grains, and Omega-6 fatty acids which are supposed to improve their coat. They say the food is easy to digest, and my dogs are very regular.

Flavor Selection
The only downfall to using Science Diet dry food, is that they don't have different flavor choices like chicken, beef, etc... However, with that being said, my dogs don't care! They have been eating the same food for several years now, and have never once turned it down! They come running when it's time to eat, and eat every morsel!

Affordable Food from a Reputable Company

from Steele, AL

I would give this a higher rating, but I am concerned about the corn content since much of the corn that is produced today is GMO (genetically modified) and I don't trust it. What I do trust is that Hills Science Diet doesn't have the re-calls that many other brands seem to repeatedly have. Before I started feeding this food, I fed my dogs a "holistic" food with an impressive ingredient list with a good rating by dog food reviewers. I thought I was giving my three dogs the best. Then, two of my three dogs got sick in the spring of 2012 shortly before a recall was made of the food they were eating. Although both of my sick dogs survived, one did not totally recover to normal. I then looked for a dog food manufacturer that had the fewest recalls and Hills came up at the top of the list of brands that I could afford.
To increase the nutritional value of this food, I add cooked chicken, turkey, beef, eggs or a combination of these. Also, one of my dogs, the one that didn't get sick, won't eat this food. I can sometimes get her to eat it if I add in so much extra meat that it's more meat than dog food.

Quality of Ingredients
This is really an unknown as I've never seen the factory where it's produced and I have no way to run tests on the food to evaluate what's in it. I gave it an "8" because I don't see this brand in the news constantly having recalls from salmonella contamination. It would have been higher except for the corn which could possibly be genetically modified (GMO).

Flavor Selection
One of my three dogs will not eat this although she used to in the past before I decided to switch to a "holistic" dog food. When I switched back to this, she would not eat it. Maybe a variety of flavors would have more appeal to some dogs.

• Flavor Selection:

Just the right combination for my angel puppy

I recently purchased a shih tzu dog within the last year that was raised on Hills Science Diet small bites. I have been very pleased with the quality of food it has provided my dog. The small bites really allow me to control her portion size, but also does not create any issues with choking that other types provide. I continue this dog food based on the recommendation of my vet.

Quality of Ingredients
My vet recommends this brand because the level of ingredients is very organic and natural. Most organic dog foods to me have a very strong odor that I do not like. I do not mind this odor.

Flavor Selection
Hills Science Diet dog food comes in multiple different sizes and types. It is very important that my dog has the very best food. The adult small bite version is exactly what my little puppy needs. I tried other types but she did not like them very much and created some upsets in her digestive system. I would highly recommend this dog food brand.

Cheap food but not bad

A decent product.

Hill's Science Diet Adult Advanced Fitness Small Bites Dry Dog Food is a decent product for the price. Science Diet is very cheap, but it's also low in nutrition and is packed with a lot of fillers. What I like about this food is that the kibble is tiny so it's good for small dogs or dogs who have trouble eating bigger bites. However, it isn't good for my dogs so I only use it when I'm tight on money. If you give them a better brand of food, their coat will improve and they'll eat less of it! I do not recommend this food unless you need to save money.

Science Diet

small bites since he was a puppy after researching dogfoods to find the best one on the market. At our last vet checkup, the vet raved about his wonderful, shiny coat and wanted to know what we fed him. When we told her we fed him Science Diet, she said she was not surprised and that she recommended Science Diet to her customers. She also said he was extremely healthy in all areas. Our dog is a bundle of energy and has never been sick since the day we got him. His coat is silky smooth and we always get compliments on how soft he is by anyone who pets him. He absolutely loves the taste of it and always gets super excited when meal time rolls around. Overall, we have been extremely satisfied with Science Diet small bites and we would definitely recommend Science Diet small bites t

• Flavor Selection:

A little goes a long way

from Dothan, AL

Overall I love this product for my dogs, especially the small bites, my dogs dont have difficulties eating the small bites, and it is hard enough to help with their teeth,they seem to thrive on it, I know that I buy a big bag of it, I leave it out all day and pull it up up about 6, it is not cheap, but when you realize how long it last it comes out to be cheaper than most dog food, like I said I leave it out all day, my dogs sem to enjoy it, their coats are shiny, and they seem to get satisfied, I have three small dogs and a big bag last me quite a while, I buy the small bites for them, it is dry food. so it helps with their teeth and nails. I have been buying this brand for over five years, now and have never had any problems with it. I bought another brand just once, it was supposed to be better, the bags they offer were smaller, more expensive, and did not last . I like to think that your dog is part of the family, and like family, you want the best, but you dont want to go broke, that is why I like this product so much, it comes in the right sizes of bags and it provides the quality of nutrients, and proteins, my babies need and they seem to enjoy the taste, they are very happy with this item, unlike the product I did try, which came in a smaller bag, and my babies didnt seem to like it as much as the one they use which is the Hills Science Diet

Quality of Ingredients
I like the ingredients in the dog food, the first ingredient is not corn, so you know that your dog wont be always at the food bowl, always eating, never getting satisfied, and not getting the proteins and nutrients your dog needs,

Best dog food ever!

from San Bernardino, CA

I have been feeding my dog Science Diet since she was old enough to eat real dog food. She loves it. It has never upset her stomach, or made her sick in any way. I gave her a can of wet food along with kibbles everyday, and she is not 10 years old. Once she became an "adult" I decided it was time to change the type of food I was giving her. I was giving her Science diet, for oral care, but once I seen the adult advanced fitness formula, I went for that. She loves it. She is happier and healthier now than she has ever been. She has no health issues and she is shiny and silky. She has been a science diet dog from day one and I will never change that. I also chose the smaller kibble size, thinking that it might be easier on her teeth. She has smaller teeth and alot of other dog food brands are very large kibble size. She enjoys being able to chew with less struggle to bite down and break kibbles in half and then eat the broken pieces.

Quality of Ingredients
My dog loves this food, Ive been feeding it to her, her whole life and she is now a healthy 10 year old. Science Diet definitely has the ingredients right!

Science Diet Adult Small Bites is Amazing for stomach and fur

from DPO, AE

My little Pomeranian is 8 years old and has tiny teeth. The size and shape of the Science Diet Adult Advance Fitness Small Bites dry food is perfect for him. Not only he loves the taste of Science Diet Small Bites, but there are excellent for his stomach.

He has eaten Science Diet since he was a puppy. I have tried other excellent brands to change flavors like Eukanuba, but Science Diet is the only one that is good for his stomach and his fur. Hill's Science Diet is the only brand that doesn't make his stomach sick.

We were living in Greece for three years and had a lot of trouble finding Science Diet Small bites for Small breed Adults and only one place had it. I did not care the distance, the traveling or time needed to get the food for my dog (my baby).

My dog has amazing fur and is very active and is in perfect health and is thanks to the good diet he has with Science Diet.
Science Diet is a little more costly than other commercial brands, but is worth the price for the good health and good balance diet of your pet.

Love all their products and the treats!
Pet lover.