Other Sleeping Pills & Snoring Remedies:

Hearos SuperHEAROS Ear Plugs

Pros

Cons

I Had a Love Hate Relationship With These Plugs

What do you do when you live in an apartment building that was rented to you as being quiet- you find yourself there with no way out for a long time and the neighbors are the loudest humans you have ever seen on the planet and they never sleep? I tried everything to be able to sleep and after a while, my beloved Hyland's Calms Forte was not even working. In desperation, I tried Super Hearos Ear Plugs.

These ear plugs became my best friend and most dreaded solution at the same time. On the one hand, they did give me some sort of blessed quiet so that I could feel a boundary between my horrible neighbors and myself. On the other hand, they hurt my ears after a while as they expanded to fill the void in my ear canal. I could still hear what was going on, but it was very intensely reduced so I felt that I could sleep at least some of the time without being awakened.

These are easy to use- simply roll between thumb and forefinger until they are little and then quickly insert them into the ear canal. They have to expand just right to be comfortable and to block out the noise correctly but a few tries is all I ever found necessary before I had blessed quiet.

Immediacy
Roll, insert in ear, and QUIET! These do help you sleep and enjoy separation from most moderate noise, and very loud noises might still be able to be heard, but they are usually blocked out fairly well.

Side Effects
I loved these plugs as they give the best sound blocking. The problem for me, however, is that they are so big and intense that if I have to wear them more than once in a while, they do tend to make my ear canals sore. They don't cause surface damage, just soreness from the pressure in the ear. I found Flents to be a bit less sore than these, but they were not quite as sound effective, so I traded off.

Hearos was not for me

Well, I just started writing reviews and so far have not posted a negative one. But, I feel I should be honest, so I will try to explain why I did not care for this product. I received a free sample in the mail of the pink ones a couple of months ago. I was so hoping to like them, because I have a difficult time falling asleep and even little noises bother me. I put them in as instructed in the directions and simply could not stand the way they felt. I could  feel the ear plugs expanding in my ears. I just did not like that feeling. Plus, I felt like my ears were "full". I would describe it as feeling like your ears feel when you are stuffed up from a cold. All this may not be the fault of the product,however. Maybe all ear plugs feel this way and perhaps I am just too sensitive. On the positive side, for the little time I did leave them in, I could not hear anything. They are also very reasonably priced. All in all they may be a good product and I just may be too sensitive.

good night sleep

Comments about Hearos SuperHEAROS Ear Plugs:

I have tried many ear plugs, and Hearos are the best, they are very comfortable to use.
They are soft and pliable, its cuts out the noise of snoring, Don't buy imitations because its not the same!

you can still hear if something weird happens like someone ringing the doorbell. You learn how to differentiate the different noises, so that you can have a sense of peace while you sleep but not total deafness.

just roll them in you fingers and put them in your ears, then they expand to fit the inside of your ear.

Immediacy
Just lay back and go to sleep.

Side Effects
none! You get used to wearing them and it becomes better than taking a sleeping pill, because it eliminates evening distractions.

I Had a Love Hate Relationship With These Plugs

from Podunk, NY

The Best Ear Plugs I've Ever Tried

from Austin, TX

Comments about Hearos SuperHEAROS Ear Plugs:

My husband's snoring in my ear has driven me crazy for many years. I've tried a number of ear plug products from those given to me by a friend who works at a gun practice range to those worn by construction workers and air transport workers. Being a woman my ears seem a bit smaller than the average ear plug I've tried and often the size either doesn't work well and it pops out or it's uncomfortably crammed into my ear. I found the perfect match of noise reduction and comfort with the Hearos Ear Plugs (Super or for Women). I don't miss the snoring that I no longer hear but I can still wake to the alarm clock (albeit I have its sound a bit loud). I don't get itchy from the material the ear plug is made out of and I can use them a few times before disposing of them. I highly recommend these ear plugs.

Hearos didn't help me

from Sterling Heights, MI

Comments about Hearos SuperHEAROS Ear Plugs:

I wanted to try earplugs because of my spouse's snoring. These hurt my ears. I sleep on my side and the ear that was on the pillow got especially sore from the pressure of having it jammed into my ear. I would have tried to adjust to that, but it didn't even block the snoring noise enough to solve my problem. These might muffle the sound enough to work in combination with other techniques, like having the spouse use a snore abatement thing like nose strips, and adding in some white noise. If you expect the earplugs to fix the problem on their own, I think you'll be disappointed. Mine are now sitting on my nightstand unused.

• Side Effects:

If you are considering these, run out and buy them now!!

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Hearos SuperHEAROS Ear Plugs:

I am an extremely light sleeper and tried many, many different ear plugs before I switched to these. I like them because they are not very large, so they do not start to hurt my ears like others I have tried. They are also inexpensive, so I do not feel bad about losing them. I actually buy them from the manufacturer's website, as they are even cheaper there. I will buy dozens of packs at a time, because I can never be without my ear plugs. I can't sleep without these.

My Hearos!

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Hearos SuperHEAROS Ear Plugs:

SuperHEAROS are squishy soft foam plugs that have a 32 decibel rating. They are fantastic for sleeping in and the box comes with a travel case.

Hearos are my go to brand of ear plugs for a reason: they do a great job of muffling noise. Moreover, they balance that job with being comfortable enough to sleep in. It's hard to find ear plugs that can do that well without springing for custom molds. Hearos foam plugs do a great job for their price category.

It's easy to get the hang of using foam ear plugs and they come ready to wear.

Immediacy
It actually takes a moment after compressing the foam to get it into your ear canal before the foam fills your ear and quietens the ambient noise. Only a moment though.

Side Effects
There is a slight danger of ear wax buildup from chronic use of foam ear plugs. Regular use of a product like Debrox can remove that small risk.

Sleep pretty in pink

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Hearos SuperHEAROS Ear Plugs:

I wear these ear plugs at night because my husband's snoring has become unbearable lol. Usually his snoring does not bother me but once I bought these ear plugs I refuse to go to sleep without them.My son laughs at me when I have them in because they are pink but I do not mind because they do their job very well. Compared to an older pair that I've had for many years,they're a bit easier to roll up to the small diameter necessary to fit into my ear but really seal out noise and are super comfortable.I'd have to say that they're probably about the quietest earplugs I've tried and would recommend them to anyone. I also use these under my helmet while out riding on on my husbands motorcycle because I've been told that plenty of people go deaf from the noise generated from riding a motorcycle and it is very hazardous to your health. Lastly, i like that this company makes different sizes i.e (juniors, super, extreme) so that they are not one size fits all, being that not everyone has the same size ear opening.

hearos superhearos ear plugs

from Seguin, TX

Comments about Hearos SuperHEAROS Ear Plugs:

These really help when I try to slepp with y noisy husband at night. Love him tio pieces, but he snores like a freight train!

They block out about 90% of his snoring and if you turn away from him it is hardly noticeable. The only bad thing is you shouldn't use these night after night. I did that and my ears started getting really sore because the plugs were drying them out. I kept the plugs clean and then started using a little vaseline on them and that helped for awhile, but then I got some sort of ear infection. i really don't blame the ear plugs. I just wish I could find something gentle enough to use every night and that was safe. I get tired of sleeping on a lumpy rollaway bed. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I have even tried the super soft pink ones for ladies and my ears still get sore.

My recommendation for these is for only one or two notes maximum without damage to you ear.

Hearos superhearos ear plugs are great at keeping noise down

from Colton, CA

Comments about Hearos SuperHEAROS Ear Plugs:

I purchased Hearos Super Hearos Ear Plugs before heading out to a concert. I enjoy live music, and I feel maybe I am a little late in taking cares of my hearing as I did not wear earplugs when I was younger and attended live events. Well no more! I want to start taking care of my hearing before my hearing gets worse, and I feel these ear plugs by Hearos are perfect for many events not simply concerts. Before the show started I applied the Hearos ear plugs as directed, and I feel like they did a good job of keeping loud noise out while still allowing me to enjoy the music. I took the earplugs out to see just how loud the music was, and it was super super loud. It would have been uncomfortable to listen to the music so loudly! I actually enjoyed teh show with the earplugs on. Also before when I did not wear earplugs, I would hear a buzz in my ears for days after a show, and that would feel uncomfortable. I would recommend Hearos ear plugs.

Hearos let me sleep at night!

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Hearos SuperHEAROS Ear Plugs:

I am blessed to not (currently) have snoring issues, and neither does my husband.  This is fantastic until we share a hotel room with friends or have a guest stay in the guest room at our house whose snoring is even a bit out of control.  All of the quite at our house has apparently made me a light sleeper, and this became an even bigger issue when some nighttime construction began just a few blocks away from our house.  I was not sleeping at night, and I needed something to not only stop the loud noises, but the deep bass tones that seemed to cut through every pillow, blanket, and sock that I tried to cover my head with.  Hearos Ear Plugs are amazing! I put them in, and because they conform to my ear, I never have any painful pressure due to forcing in it.  It drowns out snoring, construction, fans, heaters, everything!  I am thankful that they work so well.  The only thing is that I have to throw them our after a few uses, just because they can get dirty quickly.